AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-03-30, 17:36   Link #221
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They did have Mikuru getting undressed or caught in various states of undress. Otoh, Fumoffu's onsen episode had convenient censoring. But nothing as cringe-inducing as Pantsu+Vampire.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 17:49   Link #222
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tasteful fanservice or needed for the scene/plot moments rather than fanservice just because they can. (people were surprised they didn't have a panty shot with Yuki jumping around in Haruhi, and Fumoffu got rid of the panty shots of Chidori that GONZO liked to throw in.) At an onsen...people are naked...clever use of materials brings us tasteful fanservice in an appropriate setting. Mikuru gets caught dressing and undressing a few times in the light novels...so scene/plot related moments.

Tessa showering and dressing in the OVA along with her sleepwalking....well you can get away with a little more in an OVA...and yet is was still tasteful.

So far, KyoAni gives fanservice, but most of it is either tasteful, or just fits the situation-mood of the scene (Kyou in the locked storage shed scene in Clannad).

I doubt there will be such moments in K-On!, but you never know. The artwork is more realistic than Lucky Star was, but not as much as say Clannad. It would depend on the storylines and what one considers fanservice.
Old 2009-03-30, 18:27   Link #223
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It seems that K-On is starting this week, though I am not sure which timeslot did it take over.

As far as I know Chihiro is subbing it, not sure if any other groups are doing so too.

Let's wait, and meanwhile I claim Tsumugi as MINE.
Confirmed groups are Chihiro, Coalguys, and Frostii. qq is questionable as to doing it.
Old 2009-03-30, 20:28   Link #224
E_I
Yuri fan

I can't wait to hear the OP/ED. According to ANN, all four seriyuu will be doing both OP/ED.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 20:47   Link #225
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'm so looking forward to this! I've never been this excited about an upcoming series before.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 22:23   Link #226
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
She is Mio Akiyama. I claim her as mine first since someone else had already claimed Tsumugi in this thread.
Who claim Mugi ??? Anyway i officially claim Hirasawa Yui / Yui-chan...
Yui-chan is my waifu <3
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 00:48   Link #227
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
K-On is slice of life, why you need panty shots for?
Old 2009-03-31, 17:44   Link #228
Falkor

+ 3 new scans (they haven't been posted before, I think):

...those two seem fairly close... :P
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 18:07   Link #229
typhonsentra

Having read the comics now....

I'd say Kyoto Animation has their work cut out for them. This isn't Lucky Star where they can just throw in random pop culture references, it doesn't really fit into this storyline. And if they are, they should've just gone ahead and done more Lucky Star instead. Hell, a lot of the characters seem like they'd fit into that world anyway. It isn't particularly funny either.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 18:16   Link #230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

from what I've seen, I agree... they're simply not going to be able to bury it under overt references. If anything the "comedy" seems even milder/subtle ... meh, we'll see soon enough whether fans of the source should start tearing their hair out. Or whether the adaptation/reinterpretation path is what they're about to try...
Old 2009-03-31, 19:20   Link #231
FireChick

Quote:
Judging from the original manga, no ecchi element.
Okay then, I guess I'll put this on my "soon-to-watch" list...after I finish up some anime (like Gundam 00, Hakushaku to Yousei, Tales of the Abyss, and Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou).

Quote:
Plus, Kyoani hardly do any ecchi, they're famous for not even having pantsu shots.
Bzzz! You forgot Haruhi Suzumiya with the...Mikuru chest fondling...gahhh!! You're lucky I don't watch Suzumiya Haruhi (no offense to the fans)! Just as long as there's no undergarments showing or fondling, I'll watch it.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 20:48   Link #232
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

@Everyone pointing out Mikuru for fanservice:

I can only say that I think my ecchi tolerance has went up so high that those are no longer considered significant fanservice to me

When I think ecchi, kyoani has never crossed my mind lol, those in Fumoffu were onsen regulars as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 20:50   Link #233
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The Mikuru stuff always struck me as "comedy" rather than "fanservice".

Yeah, don't expect anything past what was in Lucky Star in here.

In fact, don't really expect anything.

That's a good slogan for this show, actually.

"K-On: Don't Expect Anything".
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 20:51   Link #234
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The comedy in the manga is mild/subtle, but I find the manga pretty funny, myself.

Even RideBack ended up having one panty shot, in the final episode. In that case, it was simple obedience to the laws of physics. In most cases, it's obedience to the laws of the otaku market.

I thought the Mikuru fondling scene was fanservice, but it was fanservice that was comic and fit the plot, and they definitely didn't go overboard throughout the show. The best fanservice in that show was the ear-biting scene, which was also comedy. But everybody has a different tolerance level for fanservice, and mine's pretty high, I guess (I thought Koihime Musou and Kimi ga Aruji were both pretty funny).

The manga isn't ecchi, but it sure is moe.

PS. Please note my new avatar and sig. We're going to find out just how good 17-year-old Hayami Saori is as a seiyuu when she takes on the lead role in Higashi no Eden. She also has roles in 07-Ghost and Basquash!, and sings the Basquash OP with Tomatsu Haruka and Nakajima Megumi.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-03-31 at 21:02.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 21:01   Link #235
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
The comic is not ecchi, but it sure is moe.
This is true. I've read some chapters and while the closest thing to ecchi you get is the chapter where they're wearing swimsuits, the whole thing largely depends on the moe appeal of the characters.

Being quite honest, I think that if you can't stand that type of stuff (the cutness factor from a character being really blunt about stuff, for instance), chances are you won't be enjoying K-ON! very much.
Old 2009-03-31, 21:25   Link #236
kamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Bzzz! You forgot Haruhi Suzumiya with the...Mikuru chest fondling...gahhh!! You're lucky I don't watch Suzumiya Haruhi (no offense to the fans)! Just as long as there's no undergarments showing or fondling, I'll watch it.
Didn't you like Hoshi no Umi no Amuri? I think something like that has a lot more ecchi fanservice than Suzumiya Haruhi (but it's still good).

I'm really excited for K-On though! I hope it's more drama than comedy like Manabi Straight or Hitohira, but I won't expect too much, and if it turns out like Lucky Star, I won't mind. I never found Lucky Star funny, but I loved it for all the moe characters. Watching cute girls doing cute things is really addicting for me, even if it does feel a little creepy.
Old 2009-03-31, 22:05   Link #237
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
Watching cute girls doing cute things is really addicting for me, even if it does feel a little creepy.
It is alright, we all have a bit of a lolicon in the inside! That is the same reason why I am going to watch this and Saki!
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 22:31   Link #238
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Having read the comics now....

I'd say Kyoto Animation has their work cut out for them. This isn't Lucky Star where they can just throw in random pop culture references, it doesn't really fit into this storyline.
Only references they may throw are anything related to music manga, anime or just music (like random mention of Brian May or Jimi Hendrix). I am not sure if someone in the staff is that well-read about music tho.

Quote:
It isn't particularly funny either.
Yeah, comedy is not exactly the point of K-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post

Being quite honest, I think that if you can't stand that type of stuff (the cutness factor from a character being really blunt about stuff, for instance), chances are you won't be enjoying K-ON! very much.
Or you are one of the masochists who goes through the pain of watching something you obviously do not like, for the sole purpose to gloat over fans when KyoAni eventually f*ck up or just use a thinly veiled neutrality and the stance of "different opinion" to call them eedeeots.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 22:41   Link #239
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
Watching cute girls doing cute things is really addicting for me, even if it does feel a little creepy.
I'm confused.... why is that creepy? People enjoy watching cuteness...

And as for some other posts, I do believe these characters are in high school... how is that loli? Or are people making up their own version of the definition again?

I'm about convinced the term "loli" is used so inconsistently and contradictorily that it has no actual meaning anymore ...

"moe" is a not a 1:1 correspondence to "loli-"...
Old 2009-04-01, 01:15   Link #240
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
K-On is slice of life, why you need panty shots for?
Any anime related to heroines should definitely have pantyshots. If the studios won't do it, the doujinshis will.

There is no escape........

Mugi is all about cuteness. Though I prefer Mio's character in the anime itself. Maybe I should claim them both....... Loli is all about the looks IMO, not exactly the age. First and second year highschoolers, IMO, should be considered as lolis since they have not reached 18.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen