AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-06, 20:49   Link #121
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Contrary to how many others feel, I like Akainu. He cuts the bullshit and shows no mercy towards pirates. Gotta love his "no nonsense" attitude. Sure he's an extremist, but by being so he incites fear into criminals. If he really did become the new Fleet Admiral, we can expect the marines to become an even more imposing force. Definitely looking forward to the changes the marines faction has undergone these past 2 years.
Old 2011-11-07, 03:50   Link #122
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Strong hand or Bluff?
I read the new SBS in the discussion Thread. That "Big Incident" during the two years with the Marine is big news to reveal on an SBS. When you think of accidents they are things that just happen and you also know the cause of it. But a incident is different from an accident. In an incident you don't know the cause of the event. You also don't know if this event was an just accident or if there was intent behind it. If Oda used the word correctly then the Marines might not know how this event came to be, and they might not know the people behind it. Also an Incident can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on which side you are on and what kind of event transpired. From the sounds of Oda excitement it looks to be a game changer and an important event.

Undertaker pointed to a possible relationships between the "Big incident" and the present events like Marine HQ new location and the new Fleet Admiral. That was my thought has well after reading the SBS. But the question is did the Marines Benefit from the "Big Incident" or did they suffer from it? If the "Big Incident" was is related to the Marine HQ's new Location and the New Fleet Admiral, then what was it? To move the HQ in the front door step of the Yonkous in the New World is a bold move and aggressive one. From a Yonkou point of view it can be seen has an act of aggression. For this kind of action the Marines or WG must have a strong hand because of the "Big Incident"? Why else would they risk another possible confrontation with Yonkous? If they are bluffing then that is risky move.

What was the Big incident amongst the Marines?
Did an Admiral resign from the Marines or turn pirate? Did one of the Admirals die? Was one of the ancient weapons found? Did the Marines find out how Black Beard got two devil fruits? Did the Marines split into two factions? Was there a new discovery from Dr. Vega Punk with Devil Fruit? Did they discover a new branch of Haki? Did Marines come to an uneasy treaty or some sort of agreement with Dragon? There still is that whole Kuma mystery. Did something happen to the Kuma Bots? Did the Marines loose ground against Dragon? Did the people who ordered the execution of Moria after the war reveal themselves? Was one of the Gorosei or all dead? Did some of the Marines have a big fight or a falling out with the Shichibukai? Did the Marines and the World Noble have falling out? I can't wait till this arch ends or Luffy and his crew surface in the New World.
Old 2011-11-07, 03:57   Link #123
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Contrary to how many others feel, I like Akainu. He cuts the bullshit and shows no mercy towards pirates. Gotta love his "no nonsense" attitude. Sure he's an extremist, but by being so he incites fear into criminals. If he really did become the new Fleet Admiral, we can expect the marines to become an even more imposing force. Definitely looking forward to the changes the marines faction has undergone these past 2 years.
yep, that's pretty much my attitide
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-11-07, 03:58   Link #124
gaurun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
@Adan:
they're both saints then. Oda's sticking with his morals. he doesn't want his lead doing as such. arrggh. But as a reader you just can't help feeling that way especially towards a character like Akainu.

kubo's and kishimoto's villains aren't that convincing, oda's are.
anyhow, the thought of OP-Less week is sickening. DX -sigh-
well, in OP way, that was made so Oda can use villain character again and again, like crocodile, hachi, maybe even lucchi and Enel.
Old 2011-11-07, 12:15   Link #125
marvelB

Regarding Luffy and him taking lives, while I'll never expect him to murder anyone in the series, I think it would actually be cool to see him tempted to kill. Like if he runs into Akainu again, he gives him that really cold "Imma keel you, biatch", kind of glare that would even send chills down the admiral's spine. Admittedly, that's just wishful thinking on my part, but I think I can actually see Oda pull that off......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Garp would escape Impel Down like it were a cardboard box. No prison can hold that man.

While I don't disagree that Garp would probably bust out of ID on his own, I feel I should point out that it would be very foolish to believe that the WG wouldn't improve the prison's security after that mass breakout during the war. Like maybe the jailors have more seastone tools to keep prisoners under control, or perhaps more Awakened guardians have been recruited to roam the levels. Also, the incident may have presented an opportunity for the staff to discover level 5.5, and so they went to work on sealing all of the secret entrances so no random prisoners will be fortunate enough to escape to a secret tranny club.....

Oh, and regarding Magellan: I'm not so sure that he's still a warden in the current time. Personally, I'm convinced that he joined the marines after his offscreen beatdown and is probably hunting down those level 6 monsters as a vice-admiral.
Old 2011-11-07, 12:35   Link #126
james0246

Considering Haki, the "Imma keel you, biatch" stare can kill. .

That being said, I expect some Kumabots have been installed in ID. And Magellan would probably be an Admiral (imo) since they need to replace one anyway (if one of the previous 3 had been promoted).
Old 2011-11-07, 13:11   Link #127
Undertaker

eh, everyone do remember that ID is not part of Marine right?

Oda has stated that Marine HQ, ID, and Enis Lobby are all separated WG branches. So technically Megallen is of same rank as Sengoku and so was Spandam. Unless Oda is rearranging the entire WG structure, I doubt Magellan will become an Admiral.
Old 2011-11-07, 13:19   Link #128
marvelB

^True, but I still believe that if Mags were to switch over to the marines, he'd get a high rank since he already has years of experience in handling criminals (I don't see him becoming an admiral, though.....).

And to lend some credence to the theory, recall that Sentoumaru wasn't a marine when he was first introduced, either. Yet we saw he became one after the skip (though we didn't learn his rank, I'd think that strength-wise, he's about comparable to a rear or vice-admiral). So who's to say that Magellan couldn't become a high-ranking marine after the skip?
Old 2011-11-07, 17:02   Link #129
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Still doubt any prison can keep Garp locked up
Old 2011-11-08, 13:11   Link #130
james0246

Just as a reminder, for those who've forgotten, there is no One Piece this week. So please do not ask for spoilers or discuss when the new thread will be created.
Old 2011-11-08, 14:04   Link #131
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Considering Haki, the "Imma keel you, biatch" stare can kill. .

Well.... yeah, but rather than using mere "intimidation", I was thinking that Luffy would actually display some real killing intent (which he's never really shown before) if he ever encountered the admiral again. I just think it's interesting when a protagonist really struggles with unfamiliar emotions, y'know? I feel it adds more intensity to the plot.....

Oh, and I meant to address this earlier, but the more I think about it, the more I believe it makes sense that the energy steroids came from the "Urashima casket" that Decken was searching for in the flashback. Notice that when Hody first revealed the drugs to his crew in his flashback last chapter, he was still a soldier in Neptune's army. His position as a royal guard would have given him full access to the palace so he could comb its depths. I also believe aohige brought up the theory that the strength boost gained from consuming the pills comes from the strength that one would have gained in their later years if they trained themselves properly, which is why it shortens their lifespan (and whitens the hair). If that's the case, I wonder if that water those guards from the Alabasta storyline drank came from a similar source as the ES.....?
Old 2011-11-08, 14:35   Link #132
Mazkoom

Send a message via MSN to Mazkoom
OR
Oda can use some of Toriko's ideas of cells evolution etc etc. to explain the ES and that Alabasta "Holy Water".

Luffy in that chapter seemed losing blood. Can he be the first human to get a fishman blood after he finishes this fight?
Also, I watched the last episode. It seems that Sanji has balanced himself a bit when he was given those trannies blood. They saved his life hopefully once and for all
Old 2011-11-08, 15:50   Link #133
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

He's the most extreme out of the 3. Kizaru is like kinda more in the middle and Akojji is the one that is most open minded.

Kind of like a balance heh. Like Kizaru had like a couple different chances to kill Luffy during the war, but he just decided to kick him out of the way for some reason
Old 2011-11-09, 06:35   Link #134
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet. It's been out for quite a while.. But I guess I'll bring it up just incase!
The new volume of One Piece is out and the cover features the Straw Hats showing off their new moves with Jimbei conveniently placed in the middle next to Robin.
No doubt, this will spark up the "Jimbei for Straw Hats" debate
Here's an image of Volume 64's cover for those of you who haven't seen it!
Spoiler for OP Volume 64 Cover:
Old 2011-11-09, 08:29   Link #135
Homura7

^

You're a bit late, bro :P
Old 2011-11-09, 09:00   Link #136
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

we still don't quite know what's the peck order (power/strenght wise) of the strawhats post timeskip right? I mean in general terms not 1 v 1 among the crew( in which case Nami is the strongest).

especially franky. pre-timeskip he was probably 4th strongest. But now, not sure...
Old 2011-11-09, 11:03   Link #137
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazkoom View Post
OR
Oda can use some of Toriko's ideas of cells evolution etc etc. to explain the ES and that Alabasta "Holy Water".

I guess, but I don't know if Oda would take that route. Personally, I'm still leaning towards the theory of the pills forcing the body to age at a rapid pace.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazkoom View Post
Luffy in that chapter seemed losing blood. Can he be the first human to get a fishman blood after he finishes this fight?

Nah, he'll just be given tranny blood like Sanji.
Old 2011-11-09, 11:26   Link #138
james0246

In regards to the whole blood lose issue, it's not like there aren't enough human pirates lying around for Chopper to take some blood from, so besides the symbolic gesture of, say, Neptune giving his blood to Luffy, there is no reason why Chopper, or another doctor, couldn't give Luffy human blood.
Old 2011-11-09, 13:47   Link #139
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet. It's been out for quite a while.. But I guess I'll bring it up just incase!
The new volume of One Piece is out and the cover features the Straw Hats showing off their new moves with Jimbei conveniently placed in the middle next to Robin.
No doubt, this will spark up the "Jimbei for Straw Hats" debate
Here's an image of Volume 64's cover for those of you who haven't seen it!
Spoiler for OP Volume 64 Cover:
I like Zeo more than Jinbei,
Jinbei's character is kinda boring..... Zeo is a funny dude! I like him!
Old 2011-11-09, 14:25   Link #140
marvelB

^While I definitely agree that Zeo is one awesome dude, he wouldn't exactly make for good Straw-Hat material, what with him being an evil (yet goofy) racist radical like his captain and all.

But having said that, I've gotta say that I find his fight with Brooke to be the most entertaining in the storyline by far. In fact, Brooke's growth as a fighter impressed me the most out of the Straw-Hats in general. I had originally figured that he'd learn techniques similar to the supernova Apoo, but I was pretty much blown away by his new soul powers. I'm definitely tempted to believe that he's now as powerful as the zombie Ryuuma from Thriller Bark.....
Closed Thread