AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-01, 17:26   Link #3141
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Flyable CandyHeart:

Spoiler for Flyable CandyHeart:
Totally agree with you, winhlp32. Well, except with the crossover path which I found to be completely hilarious from beginning to end. Having all characters more or less interact with each other was really fun which is why I'm looking forward to the Prismatic Princess game though, only for the Blossoms' characters.
Old 2012-01-02, 08:09   Link #3142
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

[mod edit: Baldr Sky content moved to its own thread; it wasn't originally a double post]

On a side note, finished my second route in Nanatoki. For my second route I read delicious loli Elis route and loved every bit of it, also found it slightly better than Misaki's. I really like this game, it's very entertaining, fun and interesting. Next I'll be playing Fumi's route.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-01-02 at 16:39.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 16:41   Link #3143
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Note that I moved the Baldr Sky content to its own thread now.
Old 2012-01-03, 08:49   Link #3144
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Note that I moved the Baldr Sky content to its own thread now.
It was only a matter of time, sorry for the trouble.

Finished Fumi's route in Nanatoki. Just like the previous two this one was also really interesting and presented a different aspect of the 7 mysteries surrounding the school with a side character getting lots of development. Only complain is that this route didn't have too many romantic moments outside the h-scenes.

Well, only one more route to finish this game. So far, I would recommend it to everyone!
Old 2012-01-04, 21:29   Link #3145
Balzac
Assistant Professor

After deducing upcoming games for this month through scouring sites, I've reverted to stand by my previous statement that most everything's gone stale. It's either games attempting a passable, complex plot or straight-up fanservice for the otakus over there in Japan.

I'm not sure if I'll even try Lump of Sugar's new game, even though it looks to have the slapstick I love to collect.
Old 2012-01-05, 09:46   Link #3146
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Finished Nanatsu no Fushigi no Owaru Toki. Etude did a great job with this game after the disappoiment that Akizora ni Mau Confetti was. Nanatoki is really great allround with likeable, mysterious and refreshing cast of characters. A deep and interesting plot based around the seven mysteries surrounding the school. Visually, the game is gourgeous with plenty of animations, numerous CGs, effects, etc.

I have said it before but, I highly recommend this game to everyone insterested in eroge!
Old 2012-01-05, 10:54   Link #3147
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
After deducing upcoming games for this month through scouring sites, I've reverted to stand by my previous statement that most everything's gone stale. It's either games attempting a passable, complex plot or straight-up fanservice for the otakus over there in Japan.

I'm not sure if I'll even try Lump of Sugar's new game, even though it looks to have the slapstick I love to collect.
I agree that december and january doesn't seem to have that (m)any interesting eroge that are not fandiscs or sequels.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 11:45   Link #3148
Soviet

Still reading White Album 2, finished with all the sub-heroines and entered coda, the final part.
I just don't get why something like WA2 is not more common, for a medium that's all about getting together with girls there sure aren't a lot of stories that deliver when it comes to the depiction of romance and relationships. It's almost always just 'choose your favorite heroine and watch them act cute together', without even attempting to go any deeper.

Anyway, amazing VN so far.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 12:00   Link #3149
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Still reading White Album 2, finished with all the sub-heroines and entered coda, the final part.
I just don't get why something like WA2 is not more common, for a medium that's all about getting together with girls there sure aren't a lot of stories that deliver when it comes to the depiction of romance and relationships. It's almost always just 'choose your favorite heroine and watch them act cute together', without even attempting to go any deeper.

Anyway, amazing VN so far.
Because the main point is entertainment. Romance itself as a central theme is more specialized...
Old 2012-01-08, 12:17   Link #3150
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Because the main point is entertainment. Romance itself as a central theme is more specialized...
Well yeah, I'm just saying the genre is kind of woefully underrepresented when you consider that the protag hooking up with girls is the main staple of the medium.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 06:59   Link #3151
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Started to play Aiyoku no Eustia. So far, it's kind of dark for an August game plot wise and character wise yet, I like it. Find it different in a good way, at least, so far. Interested in how will everything turn out.
Old 2012-01-09, 17:15   Link #3152
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Started playing Manatsu no Yoru no Yuki monogatari. Like with my recent VNs it seems the new theme to spam poor Mahou with "mystery" at each possible moment as soon as possible (here it started in the prologue ). As usual I decided to play it due to the - IMHO - nice CGs I have seen on a review and so far the characters seem quite likeable. The ususal pervy protagonist (who calls himself a "Banchou"), two nee-chan (twins), class rep, a yuki onna and twin sisters as classmatess :P. With that the most important condition (the likeable cast) is already met so the rest is only a nice-to-have (too much OMFG "epic" drama stories in a row are not too favorable for me in general).

My previous mentioned Ushinawareta Mirai o motomete was decent enough.
Spoiler for endings rambling:

Edit: Mana and Koromo's Genjitsu and Genzou path done! WHERE IS MY DANG HAPPY ENDING?! /endless rage and venting
Two characters left until I can select the after story of each girl. A harsh method to block poor Mahou from his desired happy endings in the Genzou route *insert crying smiley*

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-01-12 at 08:57.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 22:23   Link #3153
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Well yeah, I'm just saying the genre is kind of woefully underrepresented when you consider that the protag hooking up with girls is the main staple of the medium.
Well, White Album's material is heavy, very heavy, that it'll always left a bitter taste in your mouth. And I doubt much of the audience of galgame is there because they want to look at serious relationships of that kind.

No matter how I look at it, White Album might be better off as books or as films.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 01:37   Link #3154
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anyone here ever played Natsukami or Kusarihime ~Euthanasia~?
Old 2012-01-10, 08:46   Link #3155
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Out of complete boredom i have started Nanairo Kouro and despite it's cliche premise, it's nicer than i initially thought. I am still only somewhere in Rachel's story though.

edit: coincidently i have been hearing Mayumi Yoshida and Shimizu Ai alot in the last few eroge that i have played in the past 3 months >_>
your diary, renzero, hareten (Shimizu is not on this one, but Mayumi is), nanairo kouro.

edit: i usually take my time with VN and eroge, so usually i finish 1 game in a month

Last edited by hyl; 2012-01-10 at 15:53.
Old 2012-01-13, 10:40   Link #3156
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Done with the main routes of Manatsu no Yoru no Yuki Monogatri
Uhm where to start without spoilers? It had an interesting layout of one shared prologue between the first three girls and for each girl sans Yukina a "reality" and "illusion" route. Now don't ask me why they were named like this as I have no real idea. But, this setup was also pretty harsh story-wise because each "illusion" route had only a bitter ending and I had to resist to feel too angry about it.

For that Yukina's aka "Truth" route was overall quite good. It gave a final conclusion to everything that happend and the last bits were awesome.
Story-wise: Yukina (for being the true route) > Nozomi > Mana > Koromo. Nozomi was much better than I initially expected and seemed to have more impact in general than Mana + Koromo's route, partly because Nozomi is more tied into the Yuki Onna mystery

And after Yukina's route was done, I'm finally, finally be able to access the After stories of Mana, Koromo and Nozomi! HAPPY END HERE I COME
Old 2012-01-13, 12:22   Link #3157
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Done with the main routes of Manatsu no Yoru no Yuki Monogatri
Uhm where to start without spoilers? It had an interesting layout of one shared prologue between the first three girls and for each girl sans Yukina a "reality" and "illusion" route. Now don't ask me why they were named like this as I have no real idea. But, this setup was also pretty harsh story-wise because each "illusion" route had only a bitter ending and I had to resist to feel too angry about it.

For that Yukina's aka "Truth" route was overall quite good. It gave a final conclusion to everything that happend and the last bits were awesome.
Story-wise: Yukina (for being the true route) > Nozomi > Mana > Koromo. Nozomi was much better than I initially expected and seemed to have more impact in general than Mana + Koromo's route, partly because Nozomi is more tied into the Yuki Onna mystery

And after Yukina's route was done, I'm finally, finally be able to access the After stories of Mana, Koromo and Nozomi! HAPPY END HERE I COME
I have only finished the first part of Nozomi's story (i only started it 2 days ago) and if her story is already one of the better ones, then i will probably be disappointed with Mana's and Koromo's story. Yukina's story is still locked for me, so i guess i will have to read faster to unlock hers.
Old 2012-01-13, 13:04   Link #3158
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I have only finished the first part of Nozomi's story (i only started it 2 days ago) and if her story is already one of the better ones, then i will probably be disappointed with Mana's and Koromo's story. Yukina's story is still locked for me, so i guess i will have to read faster to unlock hers.
Mana and Koromo's stories in the first part/"Reality" story seemed for me at times eventless in terms of the overall theme about "revealing the secrets". But maybe that was intended as some kind of "first layer", while story two gives the "heavy" version of the secrets (if my words make any sense )

But nontheless, Mana and Koromo's second routes were better. I still liked Mana's character very much; her mix of blushing embarrasement and tsukkomi was totally up to my liking.

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-01-14 at 03:45.
Old 2012-01-15, 11:19   Link #3159
velocity7

Apparently White Album 2 is selling out in Akihabara:

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/5717273.html (Japanese-only)

I liked comments in this like "Does this game have ero?" followed by "Well, it is an eroge".
Old 2012-01-15, 20:57   Link #3160
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Eroges must have their ero scenes~ If there wasn't any, then it would just be a visual novel... Wait... That doesn't sound right.

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-01-15 at 21:37.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel