AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 10:46   Link #121
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yes. Mor will be the third key visual for sure. I'm disappointed that other than the key visual there's no other news this week. Would have liked to know who's directing this at least.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 10:54   Link #122
Jetzero Infinity

Alibaba's character design looks really good. Though I also agree it would be nice to get some information about the staff. Hope we won't have to wait too long to get it.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 11:23   Link #123
OPN

Design looks great. I'm guessing that the idolmaster/SAO studio will be animating this judging by the design alone...i'm probably 100% wrong though .
Old 2012-07-03, 11:37   Link #124
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Design looks great. I'm guessing that the idolmaster/SAO studio will be animating this judging by the design alone...i'm probably 100% wrong though .
But they already announced that A-1 is animating it. That was one of the first things they announced!
Old 2012-07-03, 11:51   Link #125
OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
But they already announced that A-1 is animating it. That was one of the first things they announced!
I know i meant about one of the five studios A-1 had i was saying the one that did/is doing SAO/idolmaster would be doing magi not one of the other ones.
Old 2012-07-03, 12:14   Link #126
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
I know i meant about one of the five studios A-1 had i was saying the one that did/is doing SAO/idolmaster would be doing magi not one of the other ones.
Do we even know how accurate the info that the French staff were quoted as saying were? Because I still don't believe that A-1 Pictures can produce as much as they do with only 5 production lines. It doesn't seem very logical.

There are other things which don't really add up too. For example, Working`!! started airing while Idolmaster was still on air, and Working`!! actually shares a lot of staff with Sword Art Online. The same character designer, lead animation director, and even the director of photography. None of these people worked on Idolmaster. One of the animation directors on Sword Art Online did work on Idolmaster though, but he didn't work on Working`!! at all.

So this suggests that Idolmaster and Working`!! were not produced at the same "studio" so to speak, since there is almost no staff crossover. Yet there is a ton of staff crossover between SAO and Working`!!. Stuff like this makes it pretty pointless to track A-1 Pictures' studio structure based on hearsay alone imo. Unless there is an official Japanese source which gives a good breakdown on how A-1 Pictures is run, I'm skeptical about the "five studio" thing.

With BONES and Sunrise for example, I'm able to track the studio productions pretty easily because each studio is specifically run by a studio producer who is directly involved with producing each series the individual studios work on. But with A-1, this is impossible because Aniplex has their own producers who they assign on shows, and they don't seem to actually manage any physical studio of their own, since they also work on various shows which aren't being animated by A-1 Pictures.

It's pretty confusing.
Old 2012-07-03, 12:27   Link #127
OPN

Lol yeah it does sound kinda confusing with all that taken into account i guess its my fault for thinking the french staff were right when they might actually of been wrong. Sorry about that .
Old 2012-07-03, 12:52   Link #128
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Well, I don't think they might have been wrong exactly, but I would certainly like more clarification as to what they meant. Obviously it doesn't make sense that they would make things up just for fun, but from the perspective of looking at what goes on behind the scenes, it's not very helpful without an explanation of what functions the studios have or what they meant by "studios" in the first place.

I would really love it if someone has more info on A-1 Pictures, because they're a pretty interesting production company with a lot of money backing their shows. Yet no one really seems to know how they operate, or whether there is any sort of studio culture, and what it's like working on a show at A-1. I wish we knew more!
Old 2012-07-03, 23:15   Link #129
duckroll
綺羅星★!

https://twitter.com/project_magi/sta...45541991743489

The issue of Otona Animedia coming out this Friday will have an article on the Magi anime, as well as an anime illustration poster. Part of the poster features Alibaba!

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-03, 23:42   Link #130
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Do we even know how accurate the info that the French staff were quoted as saying were?

He seemed pretty darn sure of himself about there being 5 "studios" (that's the term he used),a lot less about SAO being the same place as idolm@ster (he said himself he wasn't sure if he was remembering it correctly)

I'll be able to judge the credibility of his info based on wether or not some other info he's given us turns out to be true (for example he gave us an airing date and episode count for little busters)
Old 2012-07-04, 01:15   Link #131
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wonder though, at what part of the manga they're gonna start off? Because they're already placing our main trio together and based on the short teaser, they may not start off at the beginning.
Old 2012-07-04, 01:39   Link #132
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I wonder though, at what part of the manga they're gonna start off? Because they're already placing our main trio together and based on the short teaser, they may not start off at the beginning.
Why the hell they do that? All trailer showing future chara and moment most of the time.
Old 2012-07-04, 02:32   Link #133
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
He seemed pretty darn sure of himself about there being 5 "studios" (that's the term he used),a lot less about SAO being the same place as idolm@ster (he said himself he wasn't sure if he was remembering it correctly)

I'll be able to judge the credibility of his info based on wether or not some other info he's given us turns out to be true (for example he gave us an airing date and episode count for little busters)
I see. That's interesting. Maybe some day Aniplex will have an actual feature on A-1 Pictures in a magazine, talking about how stuff are organized. That would be interesting to read I think.
Old 2012-07-04, 02:55   Link #134
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I hope that magazine info reveals a more detailed anime showing idea. I don't wanna think the order is gonna be like, chapter 1, then chapter 20, then chapter 50, back to chapter 15, and crazy mixed as possible.
Old 2012-07-04, 03:19   Link #135
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
I hope that magazine info reveals a more detailed anime showing idea. I don't wanna think the order is gonna be like, chapter 1, then chapter 20, then chapter 50, back to chapter 15, and crazy mixed as possible.
It probably won't reveal much about the anime. The article appears to mostly be an interview with the manga author.
Old 2012-07-04, 06:13   Link #136
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
A teaser doesn't necessarily have to be made up of scenes from the first episode. It's made to sell the show.

Though they could start of later and introduce the former chapter content through flashbacks I suppose... Another possibility is that they've chosen to rewrite tons of the source material.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 06:46   Link #137
Jetzero Infinity

Well given the timeslot it's in I fully expect them to diverge from the manga at some point and make up an ending since if it does indeed go for 50 episodes, there wouldn't be a good stopping point for a second season unless they add in a lot of filler and stop at the Balbadd arc, which I doubt will happen.

That being said if they tweak the beginning a bit to make it work ala FMA series 1, I could deal with it but I'm hoping they won't redo much of the earlier stuff, or any of it for that matter.

Of course the other alternative is them speeding through some of the earlier stuff. That would seem the most likely to me.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 07:23   Link #138
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The teaser footage could just be from the OP. It might not even be from any actual episode in the show itself.

As far as pacing goes, there are several options open to them. If it does got a 50 episodes, the stopping might not even be obvious to anyone yet. There are 146 chapters out now, which should be close to the end of what would be Vol15 whenever that volume is published. If the anime moves at a relatively fast pace, they could wrap up Balbadd at around the mid-point (ep24-26), and the end of the series would be anywhere from vol16 to vol19 depending on how fast they go. Since no one knows what happens in those chapters, there could be another natural stopping point planned in the near future.

Alternatively, the series could be 2-cour for now, and simply end after Balbadd. If ratings and sales are good, or if the anime has a strong impact on the manga sales, they could return for another season later on.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:31   Link #139
OPN

i cant exactly think of a good stopping point after the balbad arc...but if they use the two chapters per episode format at 52 episodes it could stop at the current translated chapters. Also since the manga ka posted on the twitter account i say that means shes supervising the anime so don't expect them to skip around.
Old 2012-07-06, 00:23   Link #140
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Okay, we have the first actual info about the Magi anime from the Aniplex producers who are working on it. They had a discussion with Otona Animedia Vol5, and fans in Japan have picked the magazine up. Some info from the article has been posted:

- The author herself is pretty involved in the production, and she also joined them on location hunting in the middle east. She also proposed changes to the story which would improve upon the original material.

- The director is someone who was chosen by the producer as someone who can write drama more than anything else.

- The anime adaptation will develop the story very quickly. Sinbad in particular will be introduced rather early, within a few episodes. The first priority in the story is to assemble The Eight Generals of Sindaria.

- The main focus of the anime adaptation will be the Balbaad story arc. The manga author's specific request is that they do a good job with the climax because it is very important.

Edit: I should probably add that the producer mentioned in the director selection for Magi is Tomonori Ochikoshi. He's producing Fairy Tail and Space Brothers right now, but previously he also produced ROD TV and Kamichu. If that's the case, this could support the case for Koji Masunari being the director. If he is, then it would be the first thing he directed which doesn't have a female-only lead(s). The "rumor" of Koji Masunari being the director came about a week or two back when it was discovered that he is the only anime director the Magi editor is following on Twitter.

Last edited by duckroll; 2012-07-06 at 00:41.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen