AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-09, 22:21   Link #4061
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

dreyakis

is this thought ever cross your mind?

Dreyakis registers to translate "The Honour Student's Supplementary Lesson" because he thinks this chapter is about either Miyuki or Mayumi or at least Hatori but BAAM!! it's about the prick (don't remember his name) and lose all his motivation to finish the job.

And he won't move on unless he finished this current objective.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:07   Link #4062
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Or maybe he's annoyed that he's translating a story.. and everyone calls the dude a "prick" ??
Old 2013-04-09, 23:39   Link #4063
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Care to share where you found this information that they existed before the master clans were founded? The only thing I have found is mention of the history of some of the hundred clans, but the only history I have found on the master clans was the Yotsuba which again they state was formed by those that were made/remade in the Fourth Institute. They also made it quite clear that the master clans were not just part of the hundred clans. If they were only the strongest of the hundred clans then there would not be a need to distingush between the hundred families and the 18 replacement clans.
No but it's the common thing to assume. Plus what it states is that those the survived the institute were allowed into the family t does not say that's how it was created. The hundred families only came to be after the birth of the number system so I'm not saying the tenth were the strongest because prior to having their number they were just family with magical lineage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
is this thought ever cross your mind?

Dreyakis registers to translate "The Honour Student's Supplementary Lesson" because he thinks this chapter is about either Miyuki or Mayumi or at least Hatori but BAAM!! it's about the prick (don't remember his name) and lose all his motivation to finish the job.

And he won't move on unless he finished this current objective.
wouldn't he have know that by the illustration, or all summaries and discussion they had about the story here and various other places (including baka tsuki forum), or if he can read the raw's it won't be odd for him to have read it previous to this.
Old 2013-04-10, 02:24   Link #4064
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
She trained really hard to use Yamatsunami, an ability. Orochimaru is a blade that is highly suited for use with this ability. Of her family, only she is able to properly use Yamatsunami to the fullest extent which was why she was given the blade.

If you think in another way, then your sentence can also means "to be given the right to use Orochimaru, one must have ability to fully use Yamatsunami."

I will say this again: She has that ability because she trained to use it.

Toshikazu said Orochimaru is Erika's BELOVED sword and she see it as an extension of herself.

Don't you think it's strange? It would be normal in the case of Trident because Tatsuya has used it for a long time.

But Erika was just given the chance to hold Orochimaru in that day.

Then, how come it is her beloved sword that she sees it as another part of herself if she never have the right to use it prior to that time?

That is why I think there must be something between her and the blade.

That is my point.
Old 2013-04-10, 04:49   Link #4065
Ultragunner

I think her compatability with Orochimaru is much better than others in her family and it's pretty much quite coincidence (or just because that's her preference), it's just natural that she trained hard to master it. Just like how Tatsuya can decompose things but he also trained to use it to full potential, to the point he can utilise Material Bust precisely down to mg of matter. Asking if there is something between Erika and Orochimaru is the same as asking where Tatsuya's unique ability comes from. Then if you're wondering about Erika then you should as well think about Tatsuya's case as well.

Of course, there COULD be something, like the Chiba experimented on Erika when she was a child in order to study the sword; or maybe because she does not have much "magical power", they decided to implant a "chip" in Erika somthat she can use Orochimaru.....just like the case of "who-you-know"
Old 2013-04-10, 06:38   Link #4066
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
No but it's the common thing to assume. Plus what it states is that those the survived the institute were allowed into the family t does not say that's how it was created. The hundred families only came to be after the birth of the number system so I'm not saying the tenth were the strongest because prior to having their number they were just family with magical lineage.
no it does state that
Quote:
The products of the Fourth Institute, the magicians they developed, were designated only with the number ‘Four’—the Yotsuba.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-10, 19:47   Link #4067
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
wouldn't he have know that by the illustration, or all summaries and discussion they had about the story here and various other places (including baka tsuki forum), or if he can read the raw's it won't be odd for him to have read it previous to this.
Even with the translation, i still think that dude's story is "amelia in wonder land". Honor student? Him? Where the hell are Mayumi, Miyuki, Shizuku and Honoka?
I though it's Mayumi since she has the university exams coming soon so she need some supplementary like when she is in the library.

And @Nyaaan~~ dude, i don't remember his name and if there is any noun that would refer precisely to him without any misunderstanding, that would be "prick" or "douche-bag". You know it's effective.
Old 2013-04-10, 19:56   Link #4068
EnigmaticAxiom

At the risk of looking like a massive pervert here, I just noticed that one Mahouka doujinshi was torrented up on tokyotosho today. My curiosity and my urge to keep the series pure are deeply conflicted.

Also, regarding drey, did he lose motivation or did he just get busy? I know I lost motivation on that one, though it was also partially due to the fact that it was after I had finished reading through the series. Either way, my read is stuck at the 33% mark.
Old 2013-04-10, 20:26   Link #4069
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
At the risk of looking like a massive pervert here, I just noticed that one Mahouka doujinshi was torrented up on tokyotosho today. My curiosity and my urge to keep the series pure are deeply conflicted.
well dere's one in g.e-hentai and in the first page.....
if ya wanna to know...
Old 2013-04-10, 20:38   Link #4070
Seitsuki
Onee!

I'll be confiscating that thank you very much. You should all be ashamed! 14 days of penal servitude! Get on with it!

*sneaks away to corner of room*
Old 2013-04-10, 20:40   Link #4071
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post

Also, regarding drey, did he lose motivation or did he just get busy? I know I lost motivation on that one, though it was also partially due to the fact that it was after I had finished reading through the series. Either way, my read is stuck at the 33% mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
well dere's one in g.e-hentai and in the first page.....
if ya wanna to know...
There are some forces that are not to be tampered with.
Old 2013-04-10, 23:16   Link #4072
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I'll be confiscating that thank you very much. You should all be ashamed! 14 days of penal servitude! Get on with it!

</looks over Seitsuki's shoulder> wow that's some pretty desent art work... of course the art work ...
Old 2013-04-11, 10:48   Link #4073
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

Didn't you see that in pixiv?

I remember from some time though I didn't expect they actually upload the file :O

-----

So, since I'm not going to Asia this summer (I wanted, but...) when is scheduled the 10th volume of the series?
Old 2013-04-12, 04:35   Link #4074
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Have anyone ever told you that you can't hotlink from baidu?

anyway I put it up in imgur:

Old 2013-04-12, 04:40   Link #4075
Mars Mode

Mayumi looks like a child And Juumonji looks like her father.
Old 2013-04-12, 05:56   Link #4076
alviam099

^ I agree, the height difference is so huge. and the bulk -.-

Old 2013-04-12, 06:14   Link #4077
Awrya
U mad?

Juumonji must be the most buff high school student in Japan.

He was described as 185cm and Mayumi somewhere around 155cm (something about her being shorter than her peers), so there should be ~30cm height difference between them.
In this illustration it looks like there's at least 40cm difference between them and his build doesn't exactly help.

Random thought, in Vol.1 there was a colour illustration allowing to measure the rough height of some characters, I'm imagining how it would look like if Azusa (shorter than Mayumi) was standing next to him.
Old 2013-04-12, 06:37   Link #4078
henzaeroz

Spoiler for they say it's Ninendo chapter 4:
Old 2013-04-12, 07:44   Link #4079
bietchie11

Talking

Who is that sexy lady in the last picture? Don't tell me it's miyuki.

And it seems from the cover, the story may pair Mayumi up with Kasuto just like Mikihiko and Mizuki.

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-04-12 at 08:05.
Old 2013-04-12, 07:59   Link #4080
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

..I hope that's her. If that's true, I must say that this is the first time that I really think of her as gorgeous.

It's also nice to see Kuroba twins are still friendly towards Tatsuya and Miyuki I'm almost afraid that they changed their attitude during the time skip.

Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings