AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-05, 04:38   Link #30461
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Oh it is good, but just not what you really need a political party playing at.
Old 2013-09-05, 04:40   Link #30462
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Oh it is good, but just not what you really need a political party playing at.
If you mean backstabbing, I felt like Abbott poured poison down my ear when I heard about his filter.
Old 2013-09-05, 04:45   Link #30463
Mr Hat and Clogs

Haha.. well played.
Old 2013-09-05, 04:55   Link #30464
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

https://twitter.com/TurnbullMalcolm

Turnbull is doing damage controls now. Which is good; at least he is taking us seriously, and as such one way or another they are not acting like it doesn't matte. He claim it is a misunderstanding, but the words in the original document was so vague that he will have trouble making that claim.

Edit: He is stating policies on twitter that is different from the written policies. So which should I believe? His words? Or what has been written down?

Edit2: He issued a statement that it would be "corrected". You know what I think? They realised they kicked the hornet's nest and is now backing away in a panic.

Well, if it means they fail to sneak the policy in as a part of the mandate, I am willing to take that as a win.
Quote:

The Coalition has never supported mandatory internet filtering. Indeed, we have a long record of opposing it.

The policy which was issued today was poorly worded and incorrectly indicated that the Coalition supported an “opt out” system of internet filtering for both mobile and fixed line services. That is not our policy and never has been.

The correct position is that the Coalition will encourage mobile phone and internet service providers to make available software which parents can choose to install on their own devices to protect their children from inappropriate material.

The policy posted online today is being replaced with the correct version.
http://www.liberal.org.au/latest-new...afety-children

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2013-09-05 at 05:13.
Old 2013-09-05, 05:38   Link #30465
Mr Hat and Clogs

My friend is like Abbot will ruin things for a year, get kicked out and Turnbull will take over.
Old 2013-09-05, 06:34   Link #30466
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

http://media.cnetnetworks.com.au/aud...ilter-hack.mp3
Here is Turnbull earlier in the day, defending the filter. Note that he was saying the complete opposite of what he is saying now. Does he realise he was being recorded?
Old 2013-09-05, 07:00   Link #30467
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Let's just hope than he don't try to sue her for giving him HIV, you never know what kind of judge or jury he could get.
The fact that he was off his face on a cocktail of alcohol and drugs, and that his victim was asleep and unlikely to respond due to the fact she'd taken a sleeping tablet would put the blame completely on him but with the European court of human criminal rights you'll never know(well they've helped more criminals then anyone else as they let 3 criminals off their whole of life sentences because it breached their human rights).
Old 2013-09-05, 10:00   Link #30468
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
http://media.cnetnetworks.com.au/aud...ilter-hack.mp3
Here is Turnbull earlier in the day, defending the filter. Note that he was saying the complete opposite of what he is saying now. Does he realise he was being recorded?
as a American i kind feel better about this. Your politicians is just as sleazy and stupid as ours
Old 2013-09-05, 10:18   Link #30469
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
as a American i kind feel better about this. Your politicians is just as sleazy and stupid as ours
Yep, pretty much reaffirms my stance of don't trust any politicians, anywhere.

Endless "Hate'em all" Soul
Old 2013-09-05, 10:20   Link #30470
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Do politics make people evil, only attract evil people, or only allow evil people to thrive? Discuss.
Old 2013-09-05, 10:31   Link #30471
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
https://twitter.com/TurnbullMalcolm

Turnbull is doing damage controls now. Which is good; at least he is taking us seriously, and as such one way or another they are not acting like it doesn't matte. He claim it is a misunderstanding, but the words in the original document was so vague that he will have trouble making that claim.

Edit: He is stating policies on twitter that is different from the written policies. So which should I believe? His words? Or what has been written down?

Edit2: He issued a statement that it would be "corrected". You know what I think? They realised they kicked the hornet's nest and is now backing away in a panic.

Well, if it means they fail to sneak the policy in as a part of the mandate, I am willing to take that as a win.

http://www.liberal.org.au/latest-new...afety-children
Oh great, a 'think of the children' defense...
Old 2013-09-05, 10:41   Link #30472
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Do politics make people evil, only attract evil people, or only allow evil people to thrive? Discuss.
Mostly #3, but due to #3 it causes #1. There are plenty of good people attracted to politics, but they either get turned or don't succeed. Or they stay insanely local, so I guess this is more about "national politics".
Old 2013-09-05, 16:35   Link #30473
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Exclusive: JPMorgan to stop making student loans - company memo
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9840QJ20130905

Political sparks fly after Venezuela blackout
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9840UT20130905
Old 2013-09-05, 18:18   Link #30474
Badkarma 1

Quote:
There's a line delivered by Richard Jordan in 'The Hunt for Red October' that pretty much says it all. He says,"Ryan I'm a politician, which means I'm a liar and a cheat!","And when I'm not kissin babies, I'm stealin they're lollipops."
It ought to be etched in stone somewhere!
Dale
Old 2013-09-05, 20:52   Link #30475
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Probably not much of a surprise, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffington Post
WASHINGTON — The National Security Agency, working with the British government, has secretly been unraveling encryption technology that billions of Internet users rely upon to keep their electronic messages and confidential data safe from prying eyes, according to published reports Thursday based on internal U.S. government documents.
NSA Winning Internet Security War, Reports Show

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos

Last edited by NightWish; 2013-09-06 at 04:42. Reason: Added quote to let readers know what the article is about
Old 2013-09-05, 22:35   Link #30476
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Make a thread. LOls
Old 2013-09-06, 05:59   Link #30477
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Analysis: Battle over Fed - Summers' opponents seek to sway Obama
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...98414R20130905

In the new Myanmar, an old junta's laws survive and adapt
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...98412520130905
Old 2013-09-06, 08:41   Link #30478
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It's anecdotal, but the opinions I've read from various app developers is that Android is a pain in the butt to develop for compared with iOS.
I've heard something like that before.

Danny Choo said Mirai Clock for Android was late because it was more difficult to code Android.
Old 2013-09-06, 10:30   Link #30479
JokerD

Dutch state liable for three Srebrenica deaths - court

Quote:
The Dutch supreme court has ruled that the Netherlands was liable for the deaths of three Bosnian Muslim men killed in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre.

The men had been ordered to leave a UN compound run by Dutch peacekeeping forces when Bosnian Serb forces overran it.

The ruling upheld an earlier decision by an appeals court in 2011.

Considered Europe's worst massacre since WWII, 7,500 Bosnian Muslim men and boys were killed in the atrocity.

The case centred on three Bosniaks (Bosnian Muslims) who were working for the Dutch force, Dutchbat, during the 1992-1995 Bosnian war.

They were among thousands who took shelter in the UN compound as Bosnian Serb forces commanded by Gen Ratko Mladic overran Srebrenica on 11 July 1995.

Two days later, Dutch peacekeepers forced the Bosniaks out of the compound.

In 2011, the court ruled that the Dutch troops should not have handed the three men over to Bosnian Serb forces.

"The (appeals) court decision is upheld," Judge Floris Bakels said as relatives of the victims broke down in tears and hugged each other.

The final ruling means that relatives of the victims can now claim compensation from the Dutch state, including former UN interpreter Hasan Nuhanovic, whose father, mother and brother were killed by Bosnian Serb forces.

Correspondents say the ruling may have an impact on future UN peacekeeping missions, as states could be reluctant to participate in foreign military operations amid fears of being held responsible for situations that get out of control.
Thoughts?

Personally I think the UN might be more liable than the Netherlands but that's just me...
Old 2013-09-06, 10:49   Link #30480
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Dutch state liable for three Srebrenica deaths - court

Thoughts?

Personally I think the UN might be more liable than the Netherlands but that's just me...
Both UN and the Dutch are at fault. If you sent soldiers into a warzone you have to be prepare to shoot to kill. Giving the troops guns but no bullets is...i can't even think of a word for that kind stupidity. That is the UN's fault for putting u that kind of guideline.

Is also the Dutch's fault because these people were working for them and were under their protection. They were sent to protect these people and they didn't do their job. When push come to shove they should have grab the bullets and shoot back at the Serbs and give UN the finger.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2013-09-06 at 11:00.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international