AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-17, 14:29   Link #461
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

And? The existence of something worse does not mitigate something from being really godawful.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 15:00   Link #462
Ii-chan

And it keeps on getting better, if this keeps up it will rival Moyashimon as my favourite comedy.
Ii-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 15:07   Link #463
Raiga
tl;dr

Didn't even understand most of the dialogue and it was still hilarious, especially at the end, by which point I was running out of breath from laughing.

Spoiler:

I liked the aesthetic of the park. All solid primary colors, thin poles, straight lines and exact curves. Nothing like any real park I've ever seen but it looked pretty nifty.
Old 2009-07-17, 15:22   Link #464
ThoHell

Spoiler for ep. 3:
Yeah very vague... I was...
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 15:26   Link #465
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Spoiler for episode 3:
Spoiler for Episode 3 (Raw):
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 15:56   Link #466
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Spoiler for episode 3:

I so wish my comprehension was bit better. As much as I understood I can tell the fans will absolutely love this episode once they get a chance to understand the dialogue.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 18:15   Link #467
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I never expected to see this style in this series, but look what episode three gave us!:
Spoiler for What?!?!?:
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 18:20   Link #468
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
I never expected to see this style in this series, but look what episode three gave us!:
Spoiler for What?!?!?:
I dunno, the way they used it felt more "artsy-stylistic" than the usual way. It felt extremely intentional to me. Bursting with agency. It might have even meant something!
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 23:47   Link #469
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

My heart is just brimming with love for Senjougahara <3
An episode of dialogues and conversational teasing would have been boring but she made it so much win. Superb writing and voice acting made it more than just eye candy.
Old 2009-07-18, 00:01   Link #470
slidingk1

Artistically speaking one of the best episodes from any anime I've seen in a long time. I like how for once I got to see an episode done by Shaft where I don't need to replace my eyeballs when I'm done. They do such nice work but sometimes I think they go over the top. This episode is proof you don't have to have lots of "action" to make for a good episode. The entire thing took place in only one location but it was still good.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 01:26   Link #471
monir
cho~ kakkoii

As much as I know of this author, Nishio Ishin, his work is dialogue driven which mingles irony and humor seamlessly. He is apparently well recognized too for what he does and has won few awards for his style of work at a very young age. I wonder how these two, Ishin and Shinbou, come to work together because they definitely compliment each other with their respective style.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 02:01   Link #472
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
My heart is just brimming with love for Senjougahara <3
An episode of dialogues and conversational teasing would have been boring but she made it so much win. Superb writing and voice acting made it more than just eye candy.
Senjogahara has certainly leapt up to the top of my list of favourite anime females for now.

She's everything I had hoped characters like Horo (of Spice and Wolf fame) would be: smart and sassy without having to rely on girlish tantrums or coquettish behaviour to draw male attention. To me, a femme fatale with a venomous wit is far more seductive than a girl who insists on playing the hapless female to hook her prey.

Massive kudos to Chiwa Saito for making Senjogahara so memorable. To my surprise, she also played the role of Lavie in Last Exile — from a hot-headed tomboy to a deadly black widow, I like.

Spoiler for Episode 3 (Raw):

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2009-07-18 at 03:46.
Old 2009-07-18, 03:43   Link #473
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Senjogahara has certainly leapt up to the top of my list of favourite anime females for now.
I can easily agree with this.

& yes a lot of dialogue in episode three, so i was able to catch some of it. Focusing on the visuals this episode was a lot of fun, though all the red bars gave me quite a headache.
Old 2009-07-18, 03:52   Link #474
Clarste
Human

Episode 3 was some epic flirting. And once again kudos to Shaft for keeping talking heads visually interesting.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 04:35   Link #475
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Episode 3 was some epic flirting. And once again kudos to Shaft for keeping talking heads visually interesting.
yeah, those two are just too cute. enjoying the road to when they finally become honest with each other feelings. Senjogahara was sending every possible subtle signal to the guy.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-07-18 at 15:41.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 04:41   Link #476
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
If only flirting were always this witty in anime.

Spoiler for wordplay:
Old 2009-07-18, 05:05   Link #477
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's pretty fun combaring this show with Tsukuyomi -MOON Phase- in terms of Kamiya Horishi and Saito Chiwa. I'd say Kouhei and Aragagi are very similar in the way Kamiya portrays them, though Hazuki and Senjougahara are quite different, in many ways.

Edit: Oh and..

Old 2009-07-18, 05:39   Link #478
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
The subbers would no doubt pick it up, but the above is brilliant example of how much would get lost in translation.
I still remembered how I got tricked by the title "Hitagi Crab" (ひたぎクラブ) when I first read the novel, because クラブ can be both "Club" and "Crab", I keep expecting Hitagi to invite Koyomi to start a mystery solving club for the whole chapter.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 05:55   Link #479
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
I still remembered how I got tricked by the title "Hitagi Crab" (ひたぎクラブ) when I first read the novel, because クラブ can be both "Club" and "Crab", I keep expecting Hitagi to invite Koyomi to start a mystery solving club for the whole chapter.
I expected there to be a Hitagi Fanclub. Guess I'll have to make one myself.
Old 2009-07-18, 06:11   Link #480
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Count me in on the Hitagi fanclub.

Oh boy, so glad I know at least some Japanese. The entirety of the episode was talking heads but I'd say I managed to pick up at least 80% of it.

Senjougahara's suggestions for what she could do were awesome :P. I'll take her up on her apron offer! But looks like a Senjougahara and Koyomi might hook up too :O... if she was semi serious about what she said in the middle of the episode.

Koyomi's sisters need some screen time, maybe next episode! In any case, I am now anxiously awaiting the next episode!

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural