AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 19 29.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 4.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-20, 07:32   Link #201
TrueKnight

I can’t believe all of this Felli being commended not being helpful at all when the facts stated otherwise as we’ve already seen. What or why caused her to do that is a different issue altogether. What already happened:

- Helped Layfon detected the mother FM in ep 5 where other squads or ppl couldn’t do crap.
- Saved the girl trio at ep 4.
- Giving surveillance on the bugs in ep 7 from miles away, making the FM;s noticing the bait aka Nina, exhausting herself in the process;
- Giving support in ep 8 and until 10 to the squad.
- Giving support and inform the squad about the Haikizoku in ep 14;
- Giving support in ep 16 to the squad without Layfon;
- Recording the battlefield in ep 17;
- Giving surveillance to Layfon at ep 18; and finally
- Located Zuellni and Nina in ep 19;

What caused her to do all the above? Maybe Layfon, maybe she had changed herself and willing to help others. All the above are her achievements that already occurred.

I like Nina but after seeing all the negative post about Felli without considering that Nina’s also at fault on some cases really tempted me to list all the errors she had made and bicker them to no end.
Old 2009-05-20, 07:45   Link #202
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I like Nina but after seeing all the negative post about Felli without considering that Nina’s also at fault on some cases really tempted me to list all the errors she had made and bicker them to no end.
O RLY? The criticisms Felli has been getting here (which some has given valid reasons for, mind you) from very few posters is not even a fraction of the irrational bashing Nina got through out the entire run of the series.

Hoo boy, opinions!
Old 2009-05-20, 07:54   Link #203
TrueKnight

Alright then let’s talk about some of the few negative traits about Nina:

- Made the most contributions on Zuellni losing one of its mines 2 years prior.
- Selfishly forcing Layfon to change his philosophy when she basically was living in a idealistic whereas Layfon is pragmatic;
- Advising Layfon not to subdue Dinn Dee when Kallian and Haia insisted otherwise;
- Didn’t do crap in ep 14 and just watching;
- Getting herself all beaten up and didn’t take Sheena’s advice in ep 16 because she was overestimating herself;
- She was asked by Layfon to check on Zuellni, she did, and found the Haikizoku and possessed being teleported to Myath along with Zuellni’s fairy. Ultimately in a strategic PoV for the city, she had failed, horribly. Zuellni was gone and the city becomes vulnerable to FM’s attacks.

Seriously, what made platoon 17 or even Zuellni so special? It’s not Nina, the star players are Layfon and Felli all along.
Old 2009-05-20, 07:56   Link #204
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Zuellni will win the city match right? lol.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:10   Link #205
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

What episode is that City match in? Anyone know...next ep or we going to have to wait a few weeks...
Old 2009-05-20, 08:15   Link #206
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Quote:
I can’t believe all of this Felli being commended not being helpful at all when the facts stated otherwise as we’ve already seen. What or why caused her to do that is a different issue altogether. What already happened:

- Helped Layfon detected the mother FM in ep 5 where other squads or ppl couldn’t do crap.
- Giving surveillance on the bugs in ep 7 from miles away, making the FM;s noticing the bait aka Nina, exhausting herself in the process;

What caused her to do all the above? Maybe Layfon, maybe she had changed herself and willing to help others. All the above are her achievements that already occurred.

My good sir, first of all, there's nobody denouncing Felli's power, whereas some keep screaming that "nina is weak!11" stuff, disregarding the fact that she got no hereditary powers unlike the people she's compared with. And yeah, some very absurd claims like "nina's jealous!11" while she wants the power to save others. As kafka pointed out, I've seen so baseless arguments that try to cling on made up facts.

And I don't like Felli because all the things you said she did, was to impress and get on Layfon's good side. Before she fell in love, she tried to sabotage the team from inside. She even tried to prevent Layfon's awakening. I don't find selfishness a charming trait for someone on protagonist's team, would be another matter if she was a villain.

Maybe she changed and really want to help others? We shall see, based on how she acts after 'the hug'. We have no concrete evidence so far but I doubt it, seeing how she was trying to hook up Layfon during Nina's absence. A concerned friend would rather act on her own to find Nina without offering it as a love confession to Layfon. And also, when she begrudgingly remarked that "go and search for Nina if you have the time", she looked as she regretted to say that when Layfon left to do exactly that. By all means, that came across as gauging his interest on Nina to me. It feels as if she couldn't care less for anyone other than Layfon.

I want her to prove that she's redeemed and not selfish anymore, just acting all nice till you get your allowance from daddy isn't the same as doing it out of the goodness of your heart. Not to mention that most of your list consists of her duty, Sharnid, Harley is doing their stuff as well. She's still holding back unless it's not to save Layfon.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:28   Link #207
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
And I don't like Felli because all the things you said she did, was to impress and get on Layfon's good side
I know man, but she did it nevertheless. A lot of people and lives were saved because of her using her powers. Nina on the other hand didn’t have the god-like powers like Layfon and Felli’s. So she was being useful by properly command and utilizing them. But without them she’s just the same as all platoon grunts leader in the Regios world, nothing special. Now that she has the Haikizoku she’ll be target by the Ignus and somewhat that’ll made her central to the whole plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus
seeing how she was trying to hook up Layfon during Nina's absence. A concerned friend would rather act on her own to find Nina without offering it as a love confession to Layfon. And also, when she begrudgingly remarked that "go and search for Nina if you have the time", she looked as she regretted to say that when Layfon left to do exactly that. By all means, that came across as gauging his interest on Nina to me. It feels as if she couldn't care less for anyone other than Layfon.
But what about Nina?

Layfon got hurt in ep 15 because of the bridge falling and in ep 16 what was she thinking? The platoon match, not his subordinate’s well being but rather his powers and the effect for the squad. No wonder Felli always detest for being used because of people like her and Kallian who treated them as tools rather than human being. I guess that’s the ‘curse’ of having great power comes with big responsibilities.

I mean come on. Nina was all reckless in ep 1 – 7 but because of Layfon she changed to be a better squad leader and a captain from ep 7 onwards. Felli from I don’t care and don’t want to use my powers I don’t give a crap to anybody but because of Layfon finally willing did all the efforts I mention above.

It’s their character growths, but it’s not all without fault. Felli as you said is still being too dependent on Layfon to defining her character, while Nina depending to Layfon just for his powers. Nina finally snapped and maybe also Felli in the future.

Lets just sit back and enjoy their character grow because of Layfon and maybe we can have a harem.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:39   Link #208
Fevvers
a regular van veen

One of my main gripes with Felli was her constant Layfonism, outside of her obsession with Layfon, what else does she have in her mind? Her volatile relationship with her brother and defiance to being used as a weapon could have been interesting, but let's be honest here, the anime has done very little to tackle that. She's just there to be... cute and a token love interest, and that's simply not a very fascinating place to be.

I'm still hoping things would change, that the show would stop making her whole world revolve around some guy, but considering it has already been 19 episodes, some doubts are completely unavoidable.

And, no, before some overzealous Felli-fan come ripping my throat, I was not criticizing her effectiveness in battle; she's a godsue, nothing more to say about that. Her reasons for using those powers are a different thing entirely. I have no problem with some selfishness on her part, especially with the whole ‘being used thing’, but when her only reason for fighting is for her twu wub, that sort of submissiveness is irksome and is in desperate need of some development.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:49   Link #209
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

That Layfon x Nina moment felt weird, they weren't even that close to miss each other like that... Not only that, but the whole scene was too damn pink and shiny...

Quote:

Hmm... I don't think he is talking about being helpful so much as being willing to help. It doesn't really bother me, but I can see how Felli's attitude could rub people the wrong way. Ep 5 did leave me with a bad impression of her (and Layfon) at the time…

But as far as bad impression goes, Nina’s attitude in ep 9-10 still bothers me more btw. As well as her general overconfidence and lack of appreciation of Layfon.
Old 2009-05-20, 08:54   Link #210
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I was nice until now...Now let's talk about the faults of both characters:
First the "favourite punchbag" Nina:
-She loses her temper quite easily.
-reckless and wants to do everything herself(partially cured, but without Layfon it's still remains)
-Selfishly tries out her power every time
- bound to her honor as Military Artist a way too much(that causes her to lose her temper or act recklessly)
-immense self-hatred and self-pity whenever she fails to do something.(slightly cured thanks to Leerin)
-knows nothing about subtietly
Now our "dethroned princess" Felli:
-distances herself from the people a way too much(she's currently working to solve it a bit...especially with Layfon)
-arogant(everyone is an idiot who have different opinions than her)
-spoiled(almost to princess level, but she sometimes acts otherwise[maid scene])
-self-centered(she thinks her situation is more important than everyone others'...except Layfon. It's true even if she can't ignore the ones at danger in front of her...it's more to the thing that she's nice and innocent)
- zero knownledge about relationships(she demends absolute honesty of Layfon, and she's a little bit sticky...she's working to solve it...for Layfon)
That's it. Maybe i should list their good points too later
Old 2009-05-20, 08:56   Link #211
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Those are two separate issues at hand. Posters have the right to comment freely about a character's negative traits, just as you have the right to oppose it, but it's not worth getting personal over it as it's just a discussion where everyone chimes in with their two cents, and so far, things are looking pretty well-behaved. It's possible to discuss about Felli's negative traits without aggressively pulling other characters into it, as it strongly displays your intentions to diverge from the main point when you attack other characters in response to the criticisms. (You, as in general.)
Old 2009-05-20, 10:22   Link #212
panpo98
Disabled By Request

Isn't the reason Felli is so devoted (or what you call it) to Layfon is because she feels they had the same opinion after she asked him. It was seen before and after their first platoon match together.

Layfon can also talk to her in ways others have not been able to.

It was also explained that her big talents and the way others planed her future made her distance herself from everyone until Layfon got into the picture.
Old 2009-05-20, 11:05   Link #213
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Lol...sometimes i really doubt that you are a Nina fan too(not only Felli) as you state, TrueKnight. You never use fan/shipper glasses on Nina in contrast with Felli. Perhaps maybe it's just that you understand Felli's character more.
Nina's role more like a tactical commander/moral support. As you've seen in ep 18 without Nina Layfon loses his spirit.

I think the agressiveness towards Felli on the forums since ep 18 mainly a "payback" . Everyone must be harsh to Nina while everyone must be nice and forgiving to Felli?(that's what generally happened) It was strange for a long time...and same with the pages of post that only contains adoration of Felli's frills...when the Nina fans and the anti-Felli fans gained enough confidence with ep 18-19 they started an offensive.

And now TrueKnight you speak with the same harshness:
Quote:
Alright then let’s talk about some of the few negative traits about Nina:

A Made the most contributions on Zuellni losing one of its mines 2 years prior.
B Selfishly forcing Layfon to change his philosophy when she basically was living in a idealistic whereas Layfon is pragmatic;
C Advising Layfon not to subdue Dinn Dee when Kallian and Haia insisted otherwise;
D Didn’t do crap in ep 14 and just watching;
E Getting herself all beaten up and didn’t take Sheena’s advice in ep 16 because she was overestimating herself;
F She was asked by Layfon to check on Zuellni, she did, and found the Haikizoku and possessed being teleported to Myath along with Zuellni’s fairy. Ultimately in a strategic PoV for the city, she had failed, horribly. Zuellni was gone and the city becomes vulnerable to FM’s attacks.

Seriously, what made platoon 17 or even Zuellni so special? It’s not Nina, the star players are Layfon and Felli all along.
You really took a full frontal attack on her. Let's correct the things:
A. We not even know what happens if she arrives in time and obeys every order. Probably even with that Zuellni had little hope to win. Actually with Nina's rush forward they may had a better chance to capture the flag earlier(cause even with Nina's rush they were slow to capture the flag in time). It's another thing that she feels herself guilty disobeying orders and even more because of her powerlessness.
B.)Actually with Nina's forcing Layfon feels himself better. He felt himself useless and pathetic. Now he knows that his ideals were somewhat wrong.
C.)Care to explain it more. It's somewhat blurry to me. Maybe you'r right.
D.) Acctually she did a little bit. Not to mention that she planned out the whole strategy. And when Layfon easily takes care of everyone Nina hardly has any role. Actually Layfon did most of the thing. Nina was just a bakcup at emergencies. Even if someone acts as backup he/she's still doing an important role. It proves Layfon's power that Nina is hardly needed.
E.)She wanted to test her strenght. Yeah...she was selfish.She thought she must replace Layfon. As i said Nina's still reckless without Layfon.
F.)Actually she did her best. She didn't know that the Haikizokou behind all of that. And when she confronted by it she has no way to escape. And the Regios City at least STOPPED. If the Fairy remains under the Haikizokou's control the City continues to move TOWARDS the hive. That means even more Filth Monsters. Maybe even unbeatavble amounts to even Layfon himself(and if not then he passes out due to exhaustion)
Extra: Nina thought about Layfon as a weapon? Her thoughts mainly concentrated around the platoon. It's natural from her to think at first about the success of the next inter-platoon match. But we all know that Nina cares greatly about Layfon.
Extra2:Why was she mean to Layfon after hearing the truth? Why? First because she only heard it partially. And she got the impression temporally that she's an extremely selfish person and even ruthless. It's not something she can accept. So she decided to part ways with him. It's just like at the first bug attack in the LN. Then she realises that even Layfon hardly knows himself and on the other side he wants to win and protect everyone who precious him(and he's a nice person...who don't kill people just when it's absolutely neccessary)

I'm surprised that you didn't mention the old classical ones as her faults.
Many people can't accept Nina's "power-up" cause of their hate towards her. And because they think it's an instant power-up(even if it is...it's at least logical and has a great plot and drawbacks with it)

P.S.: I was a little bit pro-Nina for now...perhaps it's not too hard when somone accuses it. The people automatically become at least a bit defensive(as i dothat with Felli not a long time ago)

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-05-20 at 11:47.
Old 2009-05-20, 11:28   Link #214
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
wah!, i can't stop bursting out laughing when the awsome, badass, hard-core action packed part of this ep suddenly turned into something like out-of a shoujo series (!?).
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-05-20, 12:25   Link #215
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

To TrueKnight
About the Haikizokou incident: actually they didn't know that the Haikizokou directly responsible for the happenings. And when she saw the Goat she has no chance to run. Instead she tried to confront him(perhaps it was futile). And with Zuellni's dissapearance they actually did better than just leaving it alone to still heading towards a hive of FM. At least they stopped.
She didn't know the result...she did what she could.
Then what about Felli at ep 4? If she followed the Meishen and her friends and protected/helped them to escape then the whole "drama" about their capture shouldn't have happened. The capture of Meishen and Co. was her fault with your logic.
Same with Meishen: If she didn't invite Layfon to a talk at night then he would never had that huge injury. With your logic Meishen at fault.
We can mention many examples. They have only one thing in common. With your logic they're at fault even if they're innocent by general viewpoint.

She defines people just tools for glory? You hate her now? She hardly seeks glory. That's the last thing she seeks. She wants to save others at all cost, but perhaps she can't stand being useless. She always wants to be use for her comrades or anyone. She's actually itching to help anyone in need. Perhaps it has a selfish reason. She's statisfied when she can make others happier or ensure others safety. Now it's other thing that lately she saw the way to help others as commandeering Layfon. So when Layfon became temporaly incapable to fight she's worried about the inter-platoon match at first.

Actually Nina helped out and saved many people too. she helped to get back the electrionic fairy twice(ep 3 and ep 17-19). It's actually saved the whole city and it's people. She planned out a working strategy against the Mature Bug at ep 7 in mere minutes. That probably saved the city again. Actually Felli and Nina contributed to Zuellni almost equally even if the difference in Power is obvious.
And i not even mentioned that she saved Leerin(well she had Savaris to protect her) and with that she probably saved the whole world from Ignasis.
Nina's far from useless...she just saves lifes in a more indirect way despite her personality.
I think we should start both blaming Nina or Felli. We must try to stay cultured.
Old 2009-05-20, 12:53   Link #216
satomianzaki

wow...so now we have a head to head battle between nina and felli?

ever since i watched the first epi till now, i definitely liked nina over her...my reason is very simple...i'm really not into emotionless characters...i'd rather not say boring cause she had her funny moments...but just that...most of the time, whenever i watch her, she's like an empty shell...very passive...most specially the earlier parts of the series...so i'll quote haia...i'm also not good in dealing with the likes of her...lol...

but i admit she has changed...trouble is, she's only doing it for and because of layfon...and as i see it, she's not doing it because she really wanted to protect the people of zuellini...she's doing it just to go with the flow...the flow of layfon...but at least, people benefit from that...geesshhh...what's the use of having a power when you have no real goal or objective of using it...

nina, on the other hand, is a very vibrant character...i have seen all kinds of emotions from her...from all her ups and downs...its like every epi of the series had some highlights about her development...her struggles to be strong and to be an effective leader...but of course she's also taking layfon in that development...oh yeah, not only him, but the whole platoon 17 as well...

that's why i think its kinda not fair to compare felli with nina...because if you itemized their good points from all aspects (all...as in all...including the looks...), nina will overwhelmingly outshine felli...

well, that's only my opinion anyways...
Old 2009-05-20, 13:32   Link #217
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol Nina vs Felli battle won't end XD well , its entertaining
Wait episode 20 , it'll be Felli's turn We'll have a good Layfon x Felli moments (maybe)
Old 2009-05-20, 13:34   Link #218
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Yeah...I try to defend both sides.., quite hard work
(the reason why i don't quote Ultramarinus's quotes they're the same that i previosly "corrected"...but maybe i reply to him too. But even replying to TrueKnight's statements is a little bit exhausting..not to mention his[i guess after the name] post less and less about "Felli bashing")

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-05-20 at 13:49.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:32   Link #219
rstrafford

Does liking Nina automatically mean disliking Felli or vice versa?

For TrueKnight, why can’t Nina be jealous over Layfon’s prowess? It must have frustrated her that she lacks the power that he has and probably irritated her that he finds it to be something he doesn’t want. After all, why else would she have pushed herself to exhaustion to try and grow stronger? It’s a mark of her growth as a character to want to be stronger, instead of just letting Layfon handle everything. Yes, maybe, she sees him as an asset, but she’s not above seeing herself as the same if it would protect Zuellni. And so far, the Haikizoku has done nothing so far but make her life more complicated, so it remains to be seen if she gets stronger because of it.
Old 2009-05-20, 15:33   Link #220
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Lol Nina vs Felli battle won't end XD well , its entertaining
Wait episode 20 , it'll be Felli's turn We'll have a good Layfon x Felli moments (maybe)
Leerin will steal away any moment that loli would had liked to have had....
l bet layfon doesn't save that loli until leerin gives him the dite...
Closed Thread