AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-31, 01:41   Link #3821
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Akune was mainly hated because he was portrayed as the direct rival for Zenkichi in regards to Medaka at the time. With the amount of people in Zenkichi's corner in this thread, of course it was going to be an Akune hate fest.

I didn't really have any problems with him when he first showed up. But in the time between that and the Flask Plan arc I had been a fan of his ever since.
Old 2011-07-31, 01:49   Link #3822
Sol Falling

I've tended to like Akune whenever he's actually gotten some focus--I started to like him quite a lot during his battle in the Flask Plan arc as well. My favourite side character has always been Unzen, while Kumagawa probably makes the best main, but for me Akune makes a very respectable third amongst the male characters in the story.

This arc is gonna lead up to some serious character development for Akune, you can just feel it; none of the conflicts set up by the other prizes look nearly as appealing. Let's see how far a special can actually go.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 06:11   Link #3823
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
I still hate/ferociously dislike her....but so would I.

Anyway....

Yabumi said that all the school's committee chairmen are in the tower.

Library Committee/Yabumi
School Enforcers/Unzen
Election Management/Kiruko
Health Preservation/Aka

One of the two chefs is the Diet Committee's chairman, that cat kid is probably the Raising Committee chairman. That just leaves the Beautification Committee chairman and whatever is at the goal.

And I think after everything the students have gone through, it's safe to assume Zenkichi isn't going to get there at all.

Where the hell is he anyway?

Medaka said if you can't solve the puzzle in five minutes you can give up and go home. And we haven't seen him in like.....seven or eight chapters.

Things happen when people aren't on panel. Medaka and Mogana going to the amusement park, Shiranui tweeting and putting together the "Loser Team". Misogi's arrival. The attack at the Devilize Training camp.

Do you think Zenkichi just gave up and went home?
Maybe he's still attempting to work out the puzzle?

Or maybe he's doing something different.
You know ,reading your post, I was reminded of a chance that could happen.
In one of my other posts I was wondering why Najimi did not want Zen hear or could hear her talk with medaka and for that she wanted to change locations.
But after reading your post I thought ...what if she wanted to change locations not to prevent Zen hear their conversation (as she said) but to leave Zen alone?
That is, I'm sure if it was not for Najimi Medaka would remain to observe Zen until him resolved the puzzle. What I thought was what if Najimi only keep Medaka busy and with the other engaged in the treasure hunt, Zen is totally alone now....
what I mean is... what if Najimi has a plan and she needed Zen being alone ?
What if in the nex 1 or 2 ch we see someone on Najimi group (who maeby we not know) that comes where Zen is and something happens ? (I said something happens because I do not know what to expect if this happen).
O well I guess we just have to wait and see what happens.
Sol Falling@I agree with what you said in Akune regard , though Im are Zen fan have never hated Akune I like how it is being developed lately.
I hated Kumagawa at first but now it is the second of my favorite male in the manga after Zen.
Hell they are both important for the manga now, and I doubt that the manga can continue if you take away one of the two.
I am sure that the manga couldstand even 30 ch without medaka (although it is the mc), tha both Zen and Kumagawa could keep the manga interesting XD
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 06:18   Link #3824
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
Kumagawa is easily the more fun character to write. Hell, almost all of the characters he has created in this manga should be more fun to write.
I sorta get the feeling that Zen was the character Nisio thought he had to write for this manga/audience whereas Kumagawa is someone he would actually enjoy writing. I mean the focus those characters have received kinda shows that....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 06:59   Link #3825
Doc Astaroth

Mhm, the new translation is a little of here and there (if we talk about the number of Not-Equal for example), but honestly he seems to be more capable than me, I think.

For chapter 108:
Spoiler:

Alright, I´m on chapter 107, then...
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 18:17   Link #3826
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Mhm, the new translation is a little of here and there (if we talk about the number of Not-Equal for example), but honestly he seems to be more capable than me, I think.

For chapter 108:
Spoiler:

Alright, I´m on chapter 107, then...
I really prefer your translations more though, Doc!! There was just something off about those recent ones, so I prefer your slower quality translations : ) You're awesome!!♥

CXC just released Chapter 104♥

Last edited by [HearT]; 2011-07-31 at 23:20.
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 00:07   Link #3827
Sol Falling

104 came out quite quickly; an awesome Kumagawa chapter. The Health committee chairman is pretty cute, I wouldn't mind seeing her in a naked apron.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 02:20   Link #3828
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
It's pretty much settled that Kumagawa became the new main char for this weird TLR heir in JUMP
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 09:27   Link #3829
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Reading 99 to 104.
I think now I understand why Akune is my favorite main character in this series.
A strong character concealed by Zenkichi, Medaka, and Kumagawa.

Defeated the librarian just by using three question, and lead it into a "read to your heart" contest ( it's true if she's memorized everything read, but it doesn't mean she read it fully to her heart content ). And designing a simple tacit understanding based on Kumagawa movement, when Kumagawa is unpredictable. Now I'm curious about why Wanizuka admire Akune so much as a "Destroyer".

But, seeing how Zenkichi trapped in cryptogram is kind a sad for his character.
Why he didn't use his Parasite Seeing to decipher Kikitsu mindframe before ? ^^;
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 10:57   Link #3830
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Reading 99 to 104.

But, seeing how Zenkichi trapped in cryptogram is kind a sad for his character.
Why he didn't use his Parasite Seeing to decipher Kikitsu mindframe before ? ^^;
Zenkichi said earlier that he doesn't like using his Abnormality because it "isn't his"
It doesn't feel right because it's not his ability, it's Ajimu's

And besides, it defeats the purpose.
Zenkichi doesn't want to have to use Parasite Seeing to solve the cryptogram because it'll be a hollow victory. He would have solved it through Ajimu's power, not his own intelliegence.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 13:40   Link #3831
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I sorta get the feeling that Zen was the character Nisio thought he had to write for this manga/audience whereas Kumagawa is someone he would actually enjoy writing. I mean the focus those characters have received kinda shows that....
I pretty much get the same feeling. I made the comment before about all of the other characters having to carry him and I find it as no coincidence that I don't feel anything has been missing as this scavenger hunt has gone on. All of the intelligence, mind games, and outrageous characters are still there and I enjoy every bit of it. In fact, I enjoy it even more in some ways since we have some indirect world-building going on as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
104 came out quite quickly; an awesome Kumagawa chapter. The Health committee chairman is pretty cute, I wouldn't mind seeing her in a naked apron.
The guy is so intelligent and lovable that you could sometimes forget that he is a Minus. Plus he knows how to please the readers with his dream of trying to get every girl to wear nothing but an apron.
Old 2011-08-01, 17:07   Link #3832
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
I pretty much get the same feeling. I made the comment before about all of the other characters having to carry him and I find it as no coincidence that I don't feel anything has been missing as this scavenger hunt has gone on. All of the intelligence, mind games, and outrageous characters are still there and I enjoy every bit of it. In fact, I enjoy it even more in some ways since we have some indirect world-building going on as well.

The guy is so intelligent and lovable that you could sometimes forget that he is a Minus. Plus he knows how to please the readers with his dream of trying to get every girl to wear nothing but an apron.
rather than being intelligent he can see through people weaknesses, and his a minus so figuring out a trick like that is no problem for him.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 17:46   Link #3833
Grey

I love how everyone wrote nonsense reasons on the "Why I hate you" cards. Except for Kumagawa. It's just like him to mess with people like that.

But Kumagawa has really softened up after his fight with Medaka.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 21:31   Link #3834
acelia

A couple of things I've been thinking about:

- First of all, LOVE that we're seeing more of Akune. I loved the Minus arc but kind of think the story needed to focus on the Student Council again.

- On that note, where's the Kikajima love? Though it seems that for some reason Nisio is writing her a lot more moe lately. Still, it would have been nice to see Team Paper beat the Enforcers. I wonder who she and Suishou are facing off with now.

- I wonder if Zenkichi can become activated as one of Najimi's "terminals" now that he has one of her abilities. Akune's speech before seemed to imply that Aka was once a kind woman, but now that she's a Not Equal she's making people sick. Just a thought.

- Kumagawa is the best.

- Are any of the Chairmen male? xD

- For any that missed it, there was an error in one of the translations that they fixed. Apparently, Najimi is one out of ten people in the entire world!

- I have a gut that Shiranui is waiting at the top of the Clock Tower. I wonder how she feels about her Not Equal... brother?

- What exactly is the Raising Committee? Raising the flags or something? I'm confused about what exactly this is.
acelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 21:35   Link #3835
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelia View Post
A couple of things I've been thinking about:

- First of all, LOVE that we're seeing more of Akune. I loved the Minus arc but kind of think the story needed to focus on the Student Council again.

- On that note, where's the Kikajima love? Though it seems that for some reason Nisio is writing her a lot more moe lately. Still, it would have been nice to see Team Paper beat the Enforcers. I wonder who she and Suishou are facing off with now.

- I wonder if Zenkichi can become activated as one of Najimi's "terminals" now that he has one of her abilities. Akune's speech before seemed to imply that Aka was once a kind woman, but now that she's a Not Equal she's making people sick. Just a thought.

- Kumagawa is the best.

- Are any of the Chairmen male? xD

- For any that missed it, there was an error in one of the translations that they fixed. Apparently, Najimi is one out of ten people in the entire world!

- I have a gut that Shiranui is waiting at the top of the Clock Tower. I wonder how she feels about her Not Equal... brother?

- What exactly is the Raising Committee? Raising the flags or something? I'm confused about what exactly this is.
One of the chairmen of the diet committee is male.

And have you forgotten about Myouri "Monster Child" Unzen?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 22:20   Link #3836
Grey

Quote:
- I wonder if Zenkichi can become activated as one of Najimi's "terminals" now that he has one of her abilities.
Protagonist was a terminal all along? That would be a hilarious twist. "I must defeat the Najimi!" "No, Zenkichi. You are the Najimi." And then Zenkichi was a terminal.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 23:25   Link #3837
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
- Are any of the Chairmen male? xD.
Actually, it's something I'm starting to notice. The ratio of female characters to male characters in this series is starting to feel one-sided, though I'm not really sure.
And don't forget about Unzen.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 05:33   Link #3838
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
I really prefer your translations more though, Doc!! There was just something off about those recent ones, so I prefer your slower quality translations : ) You're awesome!!♥

CXC just released Chapter 104♥
Thank you, but I don´t think I am that good... ^^;
But I will try my best.

About Chapter 104:

Didn´t Akune say in chapter 102, Miss Aka was such a nice girl, she would let anyone through?
Really, his knowledge of human nature sucks! XDD

And I just love Kumagawa´s carefree expression, when he saved Takarabe. He really deserves the love he gets. XDD
No seriously, more than one fourth of all fanarts on pixiv about Medaka Box are with him! Like this one for example!
Compare this to the merely 300 fanarts with Zenkichi and cry...
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 08:11   Link #3839
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Thank you, but I don´t think I am that good... ^^;
But I will try my best.

About Chapter 104:

Didn´t Akune say in chapter 102, Miss Aka was such a nice girl, she would let anyone through?
Really, his knowledge of human nature sucks! XDD

And I just love Kumagawa´s carefree expression, when he saved Takarabe. He really deserves the love he gets. XDD
No seriously, more than one fourth of all fanarts on pixiv about Medaka Box are with him! Like this one for example!
Compare this to the merely 300 fanarts with Zenkichi and cry...
is not that Kumagawa does not deserve it, but most of his success it's beacouse is a character that is totally different from those made so far on the good side.
And for this reason he acquirede many fans , but I still think that both he and Zen are epic.
In reality, what I hate (sometimes) are the fans of both characters, which seem they does not expect nothing else than trying to bashing the other character such as Kumagawa fan with Zen and Zen fans with Kumagawa
Anyway, thanks for info as usual.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-08-02 at 08:25.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 11:24   Link #3840
summers

For someone as unskilled as kumagawa he sure is skilled with those screw drivers. He nailed down every card with ease, and with such a strange angle.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council