AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 12:01   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Knight Run (Manhwa)

Quote:
Knight Run 나이트런 by Kim Sung-Min

Synopsis:
In the era of space exploration. Mankind is at war against monsters of unknown origin. The battle is grim, and the future looks bleak. Amidst the chaos, mankind plays their last hand. It's time for the Knights to step into the fray and turn the tide of this war.
The original webcomic can be read here. It also has it's own wiki as well. The series is also available in Graphic Novels with the art redone by Sung-gyu Park. (Which you can see in the image above)

After reading this epic sci-fi action webcomic, it has one of the best and tragic stories i ever read. The series is like Starship Troopers meet Star Wars where regular humans with advance weapons and mechs fight side by side with Knights, specially trained badass swordsmen with powers against the Beasts, alien bug-like beings who show no mercy to humans. Every battle the humans fight against the Beasts is a fight for the survival of the human race and every win they make is bittersweet as soldiers lives are lost to defeat the enemy, civilians, friends and love ones are killed but humanity is saved for the time being.

Knight Run currently has three story arcs called "Episodes" with "Episode 0" still being scanlated. Episode 0 focuses on Anne and Pray, two of the most powerful Knights of their generation. While Anne is sociable and kind and wants to protect humanity, Pray is rude and anti-social and is only fighting for Anne's sake.

So your opinion about this series?
Old 2012-04-30, 04:11   Link #2
black_cat1

Absolutely the best space opera in my list. It's just like the Republic in Star Wars vs Zerg in Starcraft.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 23:09   Link #3
Velsy

Just read this the last few days and up to chapter 37. Thus I've really enjoyed it alot.

<3 Annes character and Pray as well. I think I like best is there very close relationship. They are like true wingmans!. But by chapter 37 its on the verge of something interesting ^_^

Spoiler for Pray Spoilers:

Spoiler for Chapter 37:

Id like to say more because I've thoroughly enjoyed this manga which I really did think I'd only read 2 chapters at most before moving on. But its hard to summarize up to 37 chapters in 1 post without writing a novel ^_^

I really do like its starship troopers feel. I was into the CGI series for that, and wish the movies (namly 2 and 3) were done alot better :/

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-05-14 at 23:51.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 23:20   Link #4
Xion Valkyrie

It totally did reind me of Starcraft at the beginning too. Anyways, apparently the current Knight Run that's being translated is actually a 'prequel' to the later stories that are being published online in Korea right now.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 02:25   Link #5
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Current scanlated chapters:
Old 2012-05-17, 07:08   Link #6
Velsy

Spoiler for Chapter 39:
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 07:17   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c39:
Old 2012-05-25, 01:22   Link #8
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c40:
Old 2012-05-25, 04:03   Link #9
richardtengcy

I like the story very much, if this were to be turn into a movie, i would have been thrilled to the core.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:42   Link #10
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c41:
Old 2012-05-30, 14:19   Link #11
giorno

heh. it's pretty clear that it's a suicide mission. They're all gonna die
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 15:00   Link #12
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

What I was reading I enjoyed, but personally can't stand the webcomic page layout
Irritated me to the extent that I dropped the series
Old 2012-05-31, 04:51   Link #13
giorno

buy the volumes then
Old 2012-05-31, 12:22   Link #14
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
buy the volumes then
Where can I find them
Old 2012-09-27, 06:17   Link #15
Xacual

Reviving a somewhat old thread but is anyone still reading this? I read it over the weekend and was not surprised when Pray turned out to be not human. There was just all the hints like the fact that she never aged at all despite the fact that we saw her and Anne together when Anne looked like she was 6 or 7 and yet Pray still looked the same as she did at present.

I felt really bad for Jill's mom though when she realized her daughter had died.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2012-09-27 at 15:43. Reason: Removed spoiler tag, this isn't untranslated info.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 07:19   Link #16
Tiberium Wolf

Oh great! How about putting stuff in spoiler tags? Aghrrr.
Old 2012-09-27, 12:16   Link #17
Xacual

All of that was from the translated chapters though?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 14:45   Link #18
giorno

pray's the freakin queen they're fighting against...and that's from the scanlated chapters

couldn't really be more obvious...
Old 2012-09-28, 02:22   Link #19
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Reviving a somewhat old thread but is anyone still reading this? I read it over the weekend and was not surprised when Pray turned out to be not human. There was just all the hints like the fact that she never aged at all despite the fact that we saw her and Anne together when Anne looked like she was 6 or 7 and yet Pray still looked the same as she did at present.

I felt really bad for Jill's mom though when she realized her daughter had died.
I'm really hoping there's explanation on why she looked "human" and how exactly did she and Anne meet. It's the only things not revealed in the flashback, besides who Fion (I think?) is.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 02:52   Link #20
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

@giorno
I think your mistaken. The scanlated chapters never said she's a Queen. Pray helped and is the donor for the new elite aliens that the humans are fighting against.

Tags
action, manhwa, sci-fi