AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 11:04   Link #1501
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Between his success and his wife's, he's probably already set for life. What's reducing his pay do?

My thoughts exactly. Togashi's already successful, so his pay getting docked (or heck, even getting flat-out fired) won't mean squat in the long run.

But y'know, as bad as he may be with the hiatuses, he still pales in comparison to Hagiwara (the Bastard author).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:16   Link #1502
leokiko

It seems HxH manga is coming back.

Togashi will release 2 volumes in December. Oh, and supposedly there will be an new ED on December, so I guess it will change by the end of York Shin Arc.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:16   Link #1503
leokiko

Togashi will release 2 volumes in December. Oh, and supposedly there will be an new ED on December, so I guess it will change by the end of York Shin Arc.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:57   Link #1504
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post

VOLUMES? Or chapters?

Also is there confirmation of this?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 13:07   Link #1505
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
VOLUMES? Or chapters?

Also is there confirmation of this?
Yes:

"HxH Manga Vol.31 & Vol.32 will release on 4 Dec, 2012 & 28 Dec, 2012"

There is actually 1 more scan but it's too big and I don't know to make it smaller to post here on AS. The report says that the song "REASON" by Yuzu (ゆず)" will be used as the ED for the TV anime starting in December. Also, it has a comment from Togashi about the movie:

Togashi's comment:
"This manuscript which I wrote 10 years ago, of which I thought that it would end as an undeveloped alternative setting (?) without even being presented at a meeting, will be delivered to everyone in movie format. As the original writer, I am happily surprised. I am also looking forward to seeing the movie completed"

The comment above the photo of the script also says "It appears that Pairo also plays a big role in this script...!?"
Old 2012-10-30, 13:14   Link #1506
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Uhhh.. Just so we're clear. These "New volumes" will contain all-new never before-read chapters? Or are they actually just volumes of chapters that hadn't been released in pocket format yet?
Old 2012-10-30, 13:17   Link #1507
leokiko

Quote:
Uhhh.. Just so we're clear. These "New volumes" will contain all-new never before-read chapters? Or are they actually just volumes of chapters that hadn't been released in pocket format yet?
It says "Vol 31 and 32" so it's an all-new volume I suppose.
Old 2012-10-30, 13:24   Link #1508
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

And volume 30 were the last known chapters of Gon climbing dat tree?
Old 2012-10-30, 13:29   Link #1509
leokiko

Quote:
Last chapter was about Beyond Netero. So maybe I'm thinking these volumes will actually only be stuff with previously released chapters....=/

At least there's a big chance of Togashi coming back on January.
Old 2012-10-30, 13:41   Link #1510
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Copy/paste from Wiki:
Hunter × Hunter began its manga serialization on March 3, 1998 in the Shueisha magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump. As of April 2012, 340 chapters have been published in 30 tankōbon (chapter collections) in Japan. However, the manga has frequently gone on hiatus since 2006.
The bold part seem to indicate that volume 30 was where the story was left off...
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 13:49   Link #1511
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Volume 31 and 32 will have chapters 321 through 340. Nothing new. Chapters needs to be published in Jump first before being collected into tankoubons.
Old 2012-10-30, 13:53   Link #1512
monir
cho~ kakkoii

That makes sense.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 14:37   Link #1513
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

It might be Togashi plan all along for these long breaks. :3

Naruto and Bleach slowly running into the end of the chapters, with barely any competition (One Piece), it will be popular!
Old 2012-10-30, 15:29   Link #1514
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If so, it's a lousy plan. People still like it, of course, but mostly, we've learnt to live without it.

I think he just doesn't care anymore. A mangaka's schedule can be pretty grueling (or so I've heard), so without a solid motivation, it's impossible. And it's not like he's gonna starve or anything.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 16:16   Link #1515
marvelB

^LOL, if he honestly didn't care anymore, he could have ended the series looooooong ago. As you just kinda pointed out yourself, he's made more than enough legal tender for him to be set for life, so ending the series wouldn't hurt him in any way. Still, the mere fact that there's even a rebooted anime series sort of makes me think that he at least still cares SOMEWHAT about his work. I'm just going to be cautiously optimistic for now and hope that these upcoming volumes means that Togashi will actually get back to business before the end of the year (hopefully with less scribbles).....
Old 2012-10-30, 16:37   Link #1516
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Actually, if he didn't like HxH at all anymore, he wouldn't even have to finish it at all. He can just not come back from hiatus.

I'm saying he treats it like a hobby rather than a job. He isn't hungry for success (and food money) like a young aspiring artist might be. So he draws when he feels like it and if deadlines start being a drag, he just goes into hiatus.

The rebooted anime series says very little about his state of mind. Someone just asked him if it was ok to throw large piles of money at him and he said yes. Who wouldn't?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 16:51   Link #1517
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm glad I asked. This news sounded really weird. If there was going to be new manga chapters, Shonen Jump would have been mentioned.
Old 2012-10-30, 18:53   Link #1518
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
I'm glad I asked. This news sounded really weird. If there was going to be new manga chapters, Shonen Jump would have been mentioned.
Togashi has them by the balls, so they ain't squealing without his command.

I wish Bakuman made some references of Hunter X Hunter in their series. haha
Old 2012-11-02, 20:35   Link #1519
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I started reading the manga a while ago and while i feel that it does a lot of great things like including a ton of character deaths uncharacteristic in a shounen. It lacks an overall plot that ties everything together, The concept of hunters is too vague to be of any significance.

Gon is the most boring character of the series and has no real goals or motivations. The revelation of a one piece-esque new world just feels cheap and uninspired.
Old 2012-11-21, 00:01   Link #1520
marvelB

So.... apparently there's going to be a two-part one shot story starring Kurapica in next week's SJ issue, both over 20 pages long. From what I learned it's supposed to tie in with the upcoming HxH movie, but hey, at least Togashi's finally got off his duff for SOMETHING before year's end.

Anyway, Kura isn't exactly my favorite character, but I'm willing to check it out anyway because it could still be an interesting story......

Tags
overpowered villain