AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 20:34   Link #1
kaitanuva

Recommend me anime based on the ones I have watched

kaitanuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:37   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I want to say Tatami Galaxy.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:43   Link #3
jedinat

Hachimitsu to Clover
Juuni Kokuki
Gundam SEED
Kamichu!
Kino no Tabi
Trigun
Kanon
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 21:03   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Touch

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Ano Hana

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 21:29   Link #5
kitten320

Clannad = Kanon 2006, Air, Angel Beats, Little Busters

All done by same person though LB will be the weakest of them all.

Also AnoHana will go well.

Daeth Note = Bakuman (same author but comedy this time), Code Geass (anti MC), Aoi Bungaku Series, Jigoku Shoujo

Elfen Lied = Ga-Rei Zero, Deadman Wonderland

FMA = D.Gary Man, Soul Eater, Hunter x Hunter, Magi

Love Hina = Mahou Sensei Negima (same author)

Steins; Gate = Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (They are more similar than you might think), NHK ni Youkoso! (Both MCs believe that they are hunted by imaginable organization)

Usagi Drop = Natsume Yuujinchou (similar/calm atmosphere)
Old 2013-01-18, 07:43   Link #6
kaitanuva

Thanks guys, I'll check some of these out. Will keep you updated.

Also, please recommend similar anime to the ones I rated at least 8 please

For me, 7 is just OK, barely allowing me to complete the series without dropping it (sometimes..)
Old 2013-01-18, 09:10   Link #7
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Kimi Ni Todoke would be another I'd suggest.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 09:22   Link #8
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Since you've seen and apparently liked Spice and Wolf, I'll suggest the currently airing Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.

Features the same seiyuu for the main characteres as Spice and Wolf, and has economics too.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:33   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Given your list, I think you might like Nodame Cantabile.

I'll also suggest the older show Hikaru no Go. Chihayafuru has many plot features that parallel events in Hikaru. The only downside might be that it has an almost exclusively male cast. For another show where girls play a game, I'll suggest Shion no Ou. I didn't find the murder mystery aspect of the show all that compelling, but Shion herself is a wonderful character.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 00:28   Link #10
kaitanuva

Just finished season 1 of Kimi ni Todoke. I like the characters and their unique personalities and the chemistry between the four main characters. One thing that really brought the anime down for me though was the Chizu and Tohru episodes. Those were awful and made me drowsy for the first time in the anime. I also don't like how realll slow the relationship is going.

Overall, 8/10. Will be moving on to season 2

Updated anime list for anyone interested:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kaitanuva
Old 2013-01-21, 00:40   Link #11
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I think you'll enjoy Sora no Woto and Fate/Zero judging by your list.
Old 2013-01-21, 09:00   Link #12
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I also thought of Hikaru no Go immediately based on your 10s. I'd also say Seirei no Moribito and Hourou Musuko.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 18:26   Link #13
kaitanuva

Kimi ni Todoke 2 - 5/10

Sawako really tested my patience with her utter incompetence. Then there was that dude. The ending was really lackluster as well.

Currently on episode 18 of Nodame Cantabile. Absolutely awesome so far. I love Nodame! She's so wild and she kinda looks like Yuna from FF10! Her seiyuu really makes the character

Last edited by kaitanuva; 2013-01-25 at 18:44.
Old 2013-01-25, 19:19   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitanuva View Post
I love Nodame! She's so wild and she kinda looks like Yuna from FF10! Her seiyuu really makes the character
Tries to imagine Nodame in a kimono saying "I'm so sorry" a hundred times a day.

Nope, doesn't work for me, but I'm glad you're enjoying the show! (I'm actually a pretty big fan of Yuna's, at least her FFX version. The gun-toting hot-pants version of her in FF X-2 was an abomination.)

I thought Kawasumi Ayako and Seki Tomokazu had great chemistry together throughout the show. I wondered if they performed in the studio together while recording. I also liked Tamaki Hiroshi as Chiaki in the live-action version, though my daughter thought he wasn't really handsome enough to play the role. However Ueno Juri as Nodame grated on me by the time the second movie (the equivalent of the "Finale" anime sequel) rolled around. Japanese live-action performers do a lot of "mugging" as compared to the more naturalistic style used in the West. I thought Ueno was cute and appropriate during the live-action version of the first season, but she got tiresome when it came to the movies.

(I recommend watching the live-action version if only to see Ogawa Shinji's performance as Stresemann. It's priceless!)
Old 2013-01-25, 20:00   Link #15
kaitanuva

Streseman is a character so far. Thats what really makes this anime, the really interesting personalities

Ive only watched one live action version of an anime so far-GTO. Is it as good?
Old 2013-01-25, 22:26   Link #16
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I usually have problems with Japanese live-action adaptations because of the tendency to overact all the time. Nodame Cantabile pretty much keeps that under control during the television adaptation, but as I said, Ueno became more annoying than appealing in the movies based on the Paris-hen and Finale sequels.

There are also some slapstick events which rubbed me the wrong way as well. In one of the early episodes Nodame runs toward Chiaki to fawn on him. He sidesteps her advance and directs her head-first into a boulder. I didn't like the scene in episode one of the anime where he throws the Mozart score in her face, so you can imagine my reaction to pushing her into a rock. Slapstick violence, especially when the target is a girl, is a bit easier to write off in animation. It has more impact (for me at least) when the performers are humans.

Still I found the live-action Nodame much more watchable than the live-action version of Moyashimon that noitaminA produced a couple years back. I couldn't watch more than half of the first episode, and that's a show I enjoyed greatly when it was released as an anime.

As for Stresemann ...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Love that wig!
Old 2013-01-27, 16:32   Link #17
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

You liked Clannad - try Angel Beats since they're both Key titles.

You liked Cowboy Bebop - try Samurai Champloo since same director.

You liked Usagi Drop - Kurenai has a similar type of young girl character but in a harsher scenario.
Old 2013-02-09, 22:59   Link #18
kaitanuva

Finished Nodame Paris and Finale 8/10 and 7/10 respectively. They were okay but it just kind of dragged and didn't end with a bang as I would have hoped.

Ano Hana was decent but tried really hard on the emotion parts at times. Got kinda cheesy. Also, I hated the constant "Jintan"ings. 7/10

I think I need a change in scenery now from these romance / slice of life shows. Three consecutive less-than-spectacular second halves in this genre (Kimi ni Todoke, Nodame, Ano Hana) has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I've just started Soul Eater and it looks very promising. It seems like a kiddier version of FMA at first impression.

Updated list for anyone with more recommendations:

*Note: The ongoing Chihayafuru 2 is still spectacular
Old 2013-02-09, 23:06   Link #19
jedinat

You didn't watch any of mine, lol....
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 23:10   Link #20
kaitanuva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
You didn't watch any of mine, lol....
I'll get around it...I'm not a very fast anime watcher. And I don't really watch based on first recommendation, just whatever looks decent at first glance, sorry..

Also, a certain person has a pretty good track record with me, so I tended to look to him a bit more :X