AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-21, 13:00   Link #21
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Another hilarious yurilicious chapter.
The only thing that gets on my nerves is Nagisa speaking about herself in third person.

Old 2006-04-23, 20:23   Link #22
thedarksenshi

The manga is great, although I prefer the anime Nagisa to the manga version. She's too much of a dumbass in the manga, about a hair away from getting abused. The manga Shizuma is a little better than the anime version-she has more personality in the manga. I think the anime is taking everything slowly, and/or will concentrate on the relationships of the different girls in time. I don't know why the manga and anime are paced so differently (although, manga is usually paced faster).
Old 2006-04-23, 20:43   Link #23
Matrim

Nagisa is not too bright in the anime, either, I have to say. At least in the manga she doesn't freeze in one place, unable to move an inch every time Shizuma looks at her.
The characters in the manga so far seem better developed than in the anime, maybe that's just because so few things have actually happened in the anime and so little time has passed in it.

Old 2006-04-26, 21:27   Link #24
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I think..... I am starting to dislike Shizuma. She gives me the impression of being so full of herself.

Nagisa x Tamao FTW
Old 2006-04-27, 13:22   Link #25
Mephisto2k
anime4life

i love this manga. well...yuri story + great artwork is enough to get my attention so its no surprise.
But i think that the manga is released monthly. Thats why dynasty scans will be releasing monthly only soon too.
sob ;_;
Old 2006-05-15, 03:31   Link #26
Dav

Although I'm assuming they should have until Chapter 8 by now, since that's the latest one based on news. They're probably taking their time to translate it.
Old 2006-05-19, 04:53   Link #27
Dav

Chapter 6 by dynasty is already out for those who are interested. ^^
Old 2006-05-19, 06:04   Link #28
NeoSam

So Yay! chapter 6 is out

Torrent available here: Manganews.
Old 2006-05-19, 09:16   Link #29
Matrim

I can't say this was the best chapter but the manga is still better than the anime. It's interesting to note that Kaname a.k.a The Evil Lesbian is in the Spica Student Council in the anime but not in the manga. Tsubomi is in the student council of Spica in the manga.

Old 2006-05-19, 10:07   Link #30
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

After reading the manga I get the feeling that both my favourite characters: Chikaru and Yaya, have been nerfed in the anime. Give me Shadow-empress-Chikaru!!

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-26, 01:47   Link #31
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Chapter 7 is out, though it isn't on on manganews yet. Check Dynasty's site.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the manga, even if the anime disappointed me. Too bad it's serialized monthly...
Old 2006-05-26, 04:14   Link #32
Succubus Evaligan

Question

Hi
Why not are the anime of Strawberry Panic in AnimeSuki?
I try to search that anime but I don't found it... and it's very strange to me...
but Gakuen Heaven are in the torrents... I really don't understand the USA girls. What happen with them?

Strawberry Panic is really very popular in spanish and latin-american girls. Yes the yuri is more popular than yaoi in Spain, Mexico, Colombia and many other South American countries, but I see that USA girls don't like much yuri... I really don't understand why.

Frozen-Layer: Strawberry Panic
Frozen-Layer: Gakuen Heaven

I never thought to see many difference and only by the language.
Gakuen Heaven sucks totally in Frozen-Layer. All says that is a very very bad anime. But here... in AnimeSuki this anime shounen-ai is very good.

Why there is as much difference?
I see that in USA the yuri is more supported by boys than girls.
While in many others country that speak spanish is more supported by girls than boys.

Spanish Yuri Forum:
Mistikal Moon
Anime Lila
Yamayurikai
Yuri no Ai
Cantv.net -Foros: Seccion Yuri
Strawberry Panic - Foro Yuri

Spanish Yuri Cominities:
Coyuhi - Comunidad Yuri Hispana (Spanish)
Clud Yurikai (Spanish)
Yurizoku Paradise (Spanish)

Exist more Yuri Forums in Spanish, that Yuri forums in English.
Old 2006-05-26, 04:44   Link #33
Kamui4356
Aria Company

The anime is a media factory series. A while back they sent a letter asking that their series be removed from animesuki. That's why you won't find it here. It's being fansubbed in english, but I can't tell you where to get it. Though finding strawberry panic fansubs shouldn't be too hard.
Old 2006-05-26, 05:25   Link #34
NeoSam

Chapter 7 is out.

Old 2006-05-30, 01:18   Link #35
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Succubus Evaligan
Hi
Why not are the anime of Strawberry Panic in AnimeSuki?
I try to search that anime but I don't found it... and it's very strange to me...
but Gakuen Heaven are in the torrents... I really don't understand the USA girls. What happen with them?

Strawberry Panic is really very popular in spanish and latin-american girls. Yes the yuri is more popular than yaoi in Spain, Mexico, Colombia and many other South American countries, but I see that USA girls don't like much yuri... I really don't understand why.

Frozen-Layer: Strawberry Panic
Frozen-Layer: Gakuen Heaven

I never thought to see many difference and only by the language.
Gakuen Heaven sucks totally in Frozen-Layer. All says that is a very very bad anime. But here... in AnimeSuki this anime shounen-ai is very good.

Why there is as much difference?
I see that in USA the yuri is more supported by boys than girls.
While in many others country that speak spanish is more supported by girls than boys.

Spanish Yuri Forum:
Mistikal Moon
Anime Lila
Yamayurikai
Yuri no Ai
Cantv.net -Foros: Seccion Yuri
Strawberry Panic - Foro Yuri

Spanish Yuri Cominities:
Coyuhi - Comunidad Yuri Hispana (Spanish)
Clud Yurikai (Spanish)
Yurizoku Paradise (Spanish)

Exist more Yuri Forums in Spanish, that Yuri forums in English.
Torrentscan.com <---- my favorite single place to go search for torrents. I recommend the "Doremi Fansubbers" for Strawberry Panic. Eight episodes out so far. But unlike "NeoSam", i'm not a crazyed fan like him ^_^. "he's not that crazed"

-And Succubus Evaligan, if you like to, ask some of the moderators to add the torrents for "Strawberry Panic" since you're not liking their selection. Also "The Frozen Layer Network" is a spanish site too correct?
- About your comment on "yuri is supported more by males then females", isn't it obvious that, that should be like that? It's not like you're gonna see females downloading a whole bunch of girl on girl anime/pron now.

- I don't think Strawberry panic is that great. It's funny to see Aoi Nagisa go limp like a noodle when Shizuma grab her, but that's pretty much all. ^_^ I rather enjoy how they make it yuri without having much or any nudity ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2006-07-21, 19:14   Link #36
NeoSam

Chapter 8 of the seinen yuri manga has been scanlated

Old 2007-01-21, 18:15   Link #37
Honey_and_Cleaver

The manganews link has no torrents in it. Help please where to find it. Hope theres still seeders.
Old 2007-01-22, 21:55   Link #38
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
The manganews link has no torrents in it. Help please where to find it. Hope theres still seeders.
Looks like the series was licensed. Not sure when it happened though... I've been in an mmorpg haze for the past few months. Can't wait for it to be released.

http://www.gomanga.com/manga/strawberrypanic.php
Old 2007-01-23, 13:55   Link #39
Honey_and_Cleaver

I want it released, dammit, i love this anime. I wish for a sequel or something similar.

btw the link, i dont buy things online, not safe!!
Old 2007-01-23, 17:38   Link #40
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
I want it released, dammit, i love this anime. I wish for a sequel or something similar.

btw the link, i dont buy things online, not safe!!
That's the site for the company that licensed it, not an online store. Plus buying online is perfectly safe, as long as your system doesn't have something nasty like a keylogger to steal your credit card number and you use only reputable sites. Though I tend to not buy online either, since I want something now, not in a few days.

Tags
dengeki bunko, light novels, seinen, yuri