AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-15, 02:28   Link #21
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I also have real high expectations. the longer it takes the more i get excited about it.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 07:54   Link #22
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
It looks alright, Just cause Neosam proudly acclaims it, i'll take a look ^_^. The animation is great just like any opening of those H-Games.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 17:14   Link #23
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

This translation from eroge to anime looks good.... in terms of fanservice they are keeping is as low as the normal harem anime I suppose ?
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 03:53   Link #24
Spuffy
オウカ~

After Strawberry Panic 26 there was a 30 seconds long trailer for Happiness!. For those not watching that show, that CM can be seen here.
Looks good. And what's more, there is a brief shot of Jun in it...
Hurry up, October!
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 04:38   Link #25
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I'll just honestly say that the animation turns me off. Looks like one of those productions that only get the bare budget and the team just has to run with it. Maybe Kyo Ani's irrevocably spoiled me or something.

I'll still watch it, of course.
Old 2006-09-26, 12:34   Link #26
martino
makes no files now

Well, the animation did look mediocre. But that's nowhere close to a reason that could put me off from a series...
Old 2006-09-26, 14:34   Link #27
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
After Strawberry Panic 26 there was a 30 seconds long trailer for Happiness!. For those not watching that show, that CM can be seen here.
Looks good. And what's more, there is a brief shot of Jun in it...
Hurry up, October!
I was smiling through the whole CM~ An unexpected bonus indeed! ^^

From what I gather from the CM, looks like they'll concentrate on Haruhi's scenario. It was nice seeing childhood Yuma and Haruhi animated (too cute!), and Jun doing the curtsy is absolutely moe~~ (Someone, hurry and do a GIF ^^)

True that the animation is not up to Kyoani, but still looks like a good production. The BG looks nicely detailed, the character animation follows the original character designs well. How they animate the magic battles are still up in the air, but I have a feeling that it won't dissapoint~~
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 16:56   Link #28
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
(Someone, hurry and do a GIF ^^)
Will this do?

Seems like I share Cloudnine's opinions.
The animation quality (by telling from a short CM) is good enough for me and about what to expect from a late night(/early morning) show like Happiness!
As long as the anime manages to do the original character design justice (check) and they keep the same cast (yes I'm looking at you, Tsuyokiss), that's enough for me. I do hope for a pleasant suprise when it comes do the battles.
Heck, if Jun (or Ibuki) get a few minutes every ep it will be worth watching no matter how much (almost) they screw up.
Old 2006-09-26, 17:16   Link #29
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I've heard that some, including Jun, are getting different casts.

Maybe their original VAs are ero-game only people. Or they're using a different name for the anime.
Old 2006-09-26, 17:38   Link #30
Spuffy
オウカ~

Nope, Jun is done by the same VA in both games and anime versions. The only change I know of is Hachisuke (but who cares for male side characters?).
Maybe some people forgot VAs tend to use pseudonyms when doing ero-roles and thought they were different VAs.
Old 2006-09-26, 17:55   Link #31
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Awesome. So we still get that criminally cute and sexy voice that Jun had in the game!

I dunno bout Hachi. His voice was pretty awesome too.
Old 2006-09-26, 17:55   Link #32
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

OMG! An ero-game based anime that doesn't have a loli character? It's the end of the world!!!!

Or does Jun count as one, being flatchested and all? Though considering her true identity... ^^; (still cracks me up that her three sizes are officially listed as hi-mi-tsu <3 )

Anyways, is it possible for anyone to do a short summary of each character, for us that's japanese impaired? It need not be long, as most characters can be summed up in a word or two like Tsundere, Childhood Friend, Doormat, etc. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 18:07   Link #33
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
OMG! An ero-game based anime that doesn't have a loli character? It's the end of the world!!!!
Dont worry, Ibuki is there so the world is still safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
I dunno bout Hachi. His voice was pretty awesome too.
True, but I'd rather have a change with his cast than any of the girls, or of course Jun.
Old 2006-09-26, 18:10   Link #34
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Will this do?
that is cute ^_^ i cnt believe i missed that first time round lol...
and an ero game without a loli would be fail thx spuffy for reassuring me that the world is still sane

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 18:40   Link #35
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Will this do?
(´∀`)b!! ばちぐ~す!

I'm also guilty of jumping the gun on Jun's seiyuu ^^; <-- (too lazy to check seiyuu db)

[edit] After watching a bit of 僕等がいた (Bokura ga ita), I noticed that the animation style and art direction share many similarities with the Happiness! CM. It will be interesting to see what Artland can do with Happiness!

Ah..~ can't wait until October!

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2006-09-26 at 19:14.
Old 2006-09-26, 19:16   Link #36
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Very quick game-related question.

Do you have to play the characters' routes in order or can you do any of the heroines' routes as you want?
Old 2006-09-26, 19:43   Link #37
Spuffy
オウカ~

For Happiness! I'm not really sure since it's almost a year ago that I bought it, but I don't think there was any forced order for the character routes. But, in order to get the true end, you have to clear all characters first.

For Re:Lucks you have to read through all character stories in order to be able to see their scenes in the story mode. (The choices leading to them are greyed out until you do so).
Old 2006-09-28, 00:10   Link #38
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Character synopsis for the Japanese impaired ^^;;
Quote:

Kamisaka Haruhi (神坂 春姫)
The picture "perfect" girl?
Graceful, kind hearted, well behaved, and beautiful to boot. Her gentle smile is believed to heal the heart of any man. These characteristics have earned her the title of hime (princess) by the entire school. Still, with all the gossip about her being the "perfect honor student", one can wonder if that is who Haruhi really is...

Hiragi Anri (柊 杏璃)
tsun tsun!
Energetic, straightforward, and sometimes mischievous. Anri is extremely competitive, and hates to lose, especially to her rival Haruhi (though the rivalry is 100% one sided ^^) Still, even though Anri instinctively runs head first into battles, she cannot do the same with her emotions, often hiding them or acting awkwardly in the complete opposite behavior~ (completely obvious though...)

Takamine Koyuki (高峰 小雪)
Oneesama~~!
Mature, cool, and mysterious. Koyuki is a riddle in a black box, often doing things that cannot be understood by the normal person. She is an expert at fortune telling with an accuracy of near 100%. However that percentage only applies to unhappy fortunes, one that Yuma knows very well ^^;

Kohinata Sumomo (小日向 すもも)
I am siscon!
Cheerful, innocent, and very thoughtful. Sumomo is, quite possibly, the sister in law that every guy (especially Hachi) dreams of having. She has the longest relationship with Yuma and shows great affection for him. Sumomo's common sense, however, is very much distorted thanks to her eccentric mom. Sometimes her thoughts and actions come from her own peculiar world.

Watarase Jun
The ultimate trap set by god...
Jun doesn't need an introduction. Adding one will spoil the suprise for first time viewers~ Just look forward to it in the first episode ^^b
Still missing a few other characters like Ibuki, Saya, Minagi, etc. but it's best not to spoil the story before the anime has yet to air~~ (´・ω・`)
Old 2006-09-28, 11:55   Link #39
martino
makes no files now

Takamine Koyuki seems to me a bit like Tsugumi(from Ever 17) from the description that you gave an the pic. Ermmm...in other words...more like my words: cute!
Old 2006-09-28, 13:45   Link #40
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Don't worry. It just so happens with me around it's only the beginning

I need no introduction as to how much I long for this series. But, if you must...

KAWAIIII!!! ARRR I CAN'T TAKE IT MY NOSE BLEEDETH LIKE MAD!!! I HAVE NOW SET THE GUINNESS WORLD RECORD FOR BIGGEST WATERFALL OF NOSEBLOOD!! THIS MUST BE THE MEANING OF "FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH" LOL
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artland, bishoujo, comedy, drama, romance, seinen, supernatural, windmill