AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-14, 15:02   Link #121
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Question? Why does Tomohiro address his sister as Aniki? I've always associated Aniki with older BROTHER or at the very least with Yakuza addressing another Yakuza in the same "family". I never knew it could be used for a female relative.

I'm confused, and is she really even his sister?
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 15:02   Link #122
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
This is not a slice of life anime or a reality turned anime tv series.
You don't really think many people would be that misguided to believe Lovedol was a slice of life anime after watching even two minutes of it, do you? Hello, even the title Lovedol implies it's hardly the most deep anime out there.

Quote:
The kind of girls that are both huggably soft, charming, and sweet, yet still datable material.
Datable material? Are we watching the same series, I wonder? If this is the new improved kind of moe than I consider myself lucky not to know in detail the old kind.

Quote:
The voices are a good indication, they're all adult women yet they talk with a higher pitch and in a manner of 12 year olds.
Isn't that the case with something like 50% of anime female characters? I fail to see how is this indicative of anything.

Quote:
Question? Why does Tomohiro address his sister as Aniki? I've always associated Aniki with older BROTHER or at the very least with Yakuza addressing another Yakuza in the same "family". I never knew it could be used for a female relative.
Well, you might be mistaking "aniki" and "aneki" which means elder sister. He calls his boss "aneki" at least.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 15:18   Link #123
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Hmm, I guess I miss the old days of Bottle Fairies, Sister Princess Repure (not the Sister Princess that made it to the US) and Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto and characters like Lumiere, Sakura Kinomoto, and Mint which were the only things considered MOE. Now even Mikuru is MOE and she's like a rather well developed 16 year old love interest.

I recall the article written by Akamatsu Ken where he said MOE is to elicit feelings of caregiving in the viewer. Now it seems that anyone who's cute and sweet is MOE and it has shifted from the sweet little sister to the perfect girlfriend.

I'm just wondering how Kaoru found this show and why it was being compared to other idol shows like Lemon Angel Project and Full Moon when it's purpose is nowhere near the same. Why she even stuck around for 6 episodes when it's not for her is a mystery and blaming the show for being a poor example of it's genre I felt was unfair, I rather believe she misunderstood it's purpose, that's all.

Maybe I'm coming from the wrong angle here, maybe I suck at explaining myself, maybe I'm looking at things that aren't there or maybe I'm just doomed to forever be in the misunderstood group of guys that turn all squealy when watching new episodes of Tiny Snowfairy Sugar. Sigh.
Old 2006-11-16, 21:23   Link #124
[tCi]
Marked for deletion (old)

Just bumping the thread to check if WinD is still going to continue with this series, I started watching it and so far I find it entertaining.
[tCi] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 21:25   Link #125
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [tCi] View Post
Just bumping the thread to check if WinD is still going to continue with this series, I started watching it and so far I find it entertaining.
They released an episode a little over a week ago, so there's no reason to believe that they've dropped it...

(Is asking whether a group dropped a series the new way of "asking when episodes will be released"?)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 21:50   Link #126
[tCi]
Marked for deletion (old)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
They released an episode a little over a week ago, so there's no reason to believe that they've dropped it...

(Is asking whether a group dropped a series the new way of "asking when episodes will be released"?)
Oh sorry didn't mean it that way, just saying that that some people didn't seem to like it (then again that was 4chan) so I thought they might have dropped it due to lack of interest.
[tCi] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 21:38   Link #127
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So anyone seen ep.7 RAW yet?

Spoiler for ep7:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 21:43   Link #128
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Can't argue with you there. I hate her ever since she interrupted Touko and Tomohiro's "date". She always appear bringing pain to Tomohiro. What was she said before? "You're not allowed to approach my idol?" Didn't she knew that it was Tomohiro who formed the first and second batches (as was said by Ms. President on the first ep.). And now....
Spoiler:

-- Never knew that Mizuki's VA is the same VA for Nemu in Da Capo.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig

Last edited by Cyz; 2006-11-19 at 22:00.
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 02:49   Link #129
relentlessflame

*Administrator

For episode 8, I have to admit that I don't quite get all the dynamics at play here, but things are progressing.
Spoiler for Episode 8:
In other news, Avex is continuing the "hit 'em fast, hit 'em hard" marketing strategy for the DVDs in Japan, with both the second and third DVDs scheduled for release on January 31st (the pricing setup Kadokawa often uses: 2 episodes/DVD, ~$50/DVD for the regular edition, or $70/DVD for the limited edition). I suppose the way to look at this would be to think of it as a 2-DVD boxset without the box, but it's still quite steep, even by R2 standards. (Though, I have to admit, if they used those nice illustrations in the solicitations as the DVD art... )
Old 2006-11-21, 10:22   Link #130
Gains
Rain lover

We of WinD actually have released episode 4 earlier this week. Apologies for being slow though.
Gains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 11:22   Link #131
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Thanx WinD! We'll be waiting for the rest
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-21, 15:34   Link #132
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

KenOhki'sRage may have something in that previous post. Maybe I was just expecting something from this show that it wasn't designed to give. I do like some (real, Akamatsu Ken-style) moe. I like Kanon, for example. But I never understood the appeal of pure little moe shows like Bottle Fairy, Little Snow Fairy Sugar, etc., so maybe that is what's going on.

I certainly share his disappointment at the general debasement of the term moe. But I do think Mikuru is also moe, because of her vulnerability. I am willing to allow a little sexual feeling into the term, unlike Akamatsu Ken, perhaps. But the SaiMoe tournament was a total travesty, in my opinion. It was really a "who turns you on?" tournament.

Anyway, just to prove that I still pay some attention to this show, I found it striking on the official site how many live events they were putting on in support of their rapid-fire DVD- and CD-releases. Seven CD events in November (over three days) and six DVD events in December, with Gotou Yuuko or Sakai Kanako, in Akihabara, Fukuoka, Nagoya, Yokohama, etc.

There was also a list of the seven character singles that are being released over seven weeks, with online comments for the current week:
10月25日~10月31日 OP -- Nogawa Sakura
11月1日~11月7日 Mizuki -- Nogawa Sakura
11月8日~11月14日 Kotoha -- Nakahara Mai
11月15日~11月21日 Mai -- Momoi Halko
11月22日~11月28日 Miu -- Gotou Yuuko
11月29日~12月5日 Hina -- Chihara Minori
12月6日~12月12日 Ruri -- Sakai Kanako

And Nogawa Sakura and Sakai Kanako have an online TV show for Rabudoru. The episodes are on this page. Under the pictures for each episode in the bottom half of the page are two orange buttons: the left-hand one is for narrow-band and the right-hand one for broadband connections. Those two seiyuus already are regular hosts on anime interview shows on broadcast TV, so I expect Rabudoru has got some publicity that way, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-21 at 16:12.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 16:04   Link #133
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seen episode 8...
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-23, 19:31   Link #134
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Yeah I shouldn't have gotten persnickity. I guess I just feel that the few people who understood me and where I was coming from are no longer agreeing with me.

I'd say I was still upset at SaiMoe especially with the addition of girls like Lindy Halloun (A mother of a boy OLDER then two other candidates) and the lack of even 1 Powerpuff Girl Z made me think that MOE is no longer what it should be. Sigh.

Episode 8
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-24, 10:48   Link #135
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I find it interesting that all of the girls in different batches either just like him or already falling in love to him (i.e. Touko, Ayumi, Yukimi, Sayuki, or Mizuki)
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-25, 05:21   Link #136
whyrd

if you look at it i don't think Aya was too in to tomohiro.
whyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 08:54   Link #137
martino
makes no files now

The 4th episode wasn't that bad. Maybe I'll keep on watching this after all...
Old 2006-11-25, 14:21   Link #138
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyrd View Post
if you look at it i don't think Aya was too in to tomohiro.
Maybe, but we never know. This is a dating game too you know?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-28, 01:28   Link #139
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Episode 9 continues to move us closer to the goal (which is confirmed as episode 13, by the way).

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Now that I've sort of come to terms with what the show is trying to do, I'm liking it more and more. I actually agree with KenOhki'sRage's interpretation - it's all about the moe~ characters; after all, that's what the short stories in Magi-Cu (that started it all) are all about too. Even the game isn't a "romantic drama", but it's more like a "raising sim" (you manage their schedules, help them improve their skills, talk to them, go on dates, etc.). So I should have known better, and now that I "get it" I'm liking it.
Old 2006-11-28, 01:32   Link #140
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I guess that confirms it that Aya also has feelings for Tomohiro.
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~

Tags
aic, comedy, drama, enterbrain, idol, princess soft, romance, slice of life, tnk