AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-03, 00:14   Link #81
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
This link posted by fertygo shows the girl:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nch-next-month

The design of the boy makes sense, when it makes sense, its not lazy. Straight away we can see that the character is related to Renton and Eureka, if that's what they want us to know, then the character has been designed well.
So it has a manga running with it like the original series...maybe it'll have two different endings as well.

Also the girl in that pic looks to be Dominic and Anemone's kid?
Old 2012-01-06, 04:21   Link #82
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The staff for the series have been revealed:

Director: Tomoki Kyoda
Main Character Design: Kenichi Yoshida
Character Design: Hiroyuki Oda
Nirvash Design: Shoji Kawamori
Mechanical Design: Kimitoshi Yamane, Takayuki Yanase, Kanetake Ebikawa
Design Development: Shigeto Koyama
Design Works: Shiho Takeuchi
Art Director: Kazuo Nagai
Color Design: Nobuko Mizuta
Scifi Setting: Mitsuyasu Sakai
VFX Director: Yasushi Muraki
Director of Photography: Shunya Kimura
Production: BONES
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 05:44   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nothing about the writer and the composer? The staff seems to be pretty much the same as before so I'm expecting the Satos to return (yes, I know they're not related).
Old 2012-01-06, 06:26   Link #84
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Nothing about the writer and the composer? The staff seems to be pretty much the same as before so I'm expecting the Satos to return (yes, I know they're not related).
The staff is actually pretty different. I'll say there's a 90% chance that Dai Sato has nothing at all to do with this show. The composer could be the same... if they can afford it lol.
Old 2012-01-06, 06:32   Link #85
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

wow, what a surprise

I didn't even know that Eureka 7 has a sequel in form of manga until this news out

that's definitely renton with eureka's hair
Old 2012-01-06, 07:23   Link #86
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
wow, what a surprise

I didn't even know that Eureka 7 has a sequel in form of manga until this news out

that's definitely renton with eureka's hair
It doesn't have yet
Old 2012-01-06, 08:22   Link #87
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The story is starting to sound really weird. I'm not sure what Kyoda is really doing anymore...

The main character is Ao Fukai, a 13 year old boy living on Iwado Island in Okinawa. He has a childhood friend named Naru Arata. Ao's father's whereabouts are unknown, and his mother was abducted by certain people 10 years ago. He currently lives with an old doctor on the island named Toshio. Naru is a frail child since young who cannot go without an oxygen inhalator. When Naru was very young an incident happened which awakened the power of Yuta within her. (Yuta is a sort of mystic power which is part of an actual Okinawan culture/religion.)

Apparently the story in E7AO starts when Ao accidentally discovers Nirvash and reactives it to protect the island from some sort of danger.

Edit: Oh and I should add, the magazine spread for the show in Newtype this month is illustrated by Hiroyuki Oda and Shiho Takeuchi, NOT Kenichi Yoshida.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:26   Link #88
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

indeed. Kenichi is a really good character designer and artist. But he's credited as main character designer, so it's all good. I'm really glad Yasushi Muraki is back though. Without him the action wouldn't be the same. I love his work.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 14:49   Link #89
Grim_Reaper

duckroll
Thanks! Updated the first post with your information.
I agree that synopsis looks weird. On the other hand, I won't hurry with conclusions: it may be good.
Anyway, don't you think that this series isn't connected to the first one? Because it can be neither prequel (Ao finds Nirvash after all) nor sequel (Okinawa? What the hell?).
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 15:27   Link #90
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

In the story, humans left the planet to escape the Scab Coral invasion 10000 years ago to find a new planet to live. They drifted for a long time and finally settled on an habitable planet which is the world Eureka 7 takes place.

Then some time later they found that Scab Coral also lives on this planet and the humans fought, leading up to the events of the Summer of Love.

The plot then comes in, with Renton starting the second Summer of Love, driving all the events leading towards the end. And they found that there's another planet below the surface.

They find out that they are actually on the original Earth that humans supposedly left 10000 years ago. What really happened was that humans flew away from Earth and eventually drifted back to Earth which had been completely terraformed by Scab Coral.

This upper surface lacks water because all the water has been trapped below in the actual Earth. Upon seeing the ocean, Renton recalls the legends of a sport called 'surfing' that ancient humans used to enjoy like Ref boarding. Trapar emitted by the Scab Coral is what allows Ref boarding to happen in the upper surface.

If this sequel takes place on Okinawa, its possible that humans have begun living back on the lower surface since the Scab Coral has left, probably taking away much of the upper surface with them.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:23   Link #91
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
indeed. Kenichi is a really good character designer and artist. But he's credited as main character designer, so it's all good. I'm really glad Yasushi Muraki is back though. Without him the action wouldn't be the same. I love his work.
Usually such a role means that he designed the important characters but is not particularly involved in the detailed creation process of the show. What made Gainer and the E7 TV series unique from other works which have Yoshida designs is that he was very involved with the series in terms of handling all the animation character designs, contributing to the world setting art, and also handling animation direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
duckroll
Thanks! Updated the first post with your information.
I agree that synopsis looks weird. On the other hand, I won't hurry with conclusions: it may be good.
Anyway, don't you think that this series isn't connected to the first one? Because it can be neither prequel (Ao finds Nirvash after all) nor sequel (Okinawa? What the hell?).
It's definitely a sequel, not a prequel. They've officially said that this series takes place some time after the end of the original TV series. I'm just not confident that they will be able to capture the same tone and feel that made the original so enjoyable and refreshing to watch at the time. It might end up being another Xam'd.
Old 2012-01-07, 05:58   Link #92
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Fukai Ao? Arata Naru? These names are the cheesiest since the history of cheese.
I swear even tokusatsu isn't this bad with names.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 09:08   Link #93
Grim_Reaper

Quote:
It's definitely a sequel, not a prequel. They've officially said that this series takes place some time after the end of the original TV series. I'm just not confident that they will be able to capture the same tone and feel that made the original so enjoyable and refreshing to watch at the time. It might end up being another Xam'd.
I see, thank you.
Well... we'll see
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 09:29   Link #94
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Usually such a role means that he designed the important characters but is not particularly involved in the detailed creation process of the show. What made Gainer and the E7 TV series unique from other works which have Yoshida designs is that he was very involved with the series in terms of handling all the animation character designs, contributing to the world setting art, and also handling animation direction.
.. That's too bad. He's one of the reasons why E7 looked so good. His designs are really colorful and his art complements BONES own style. Perfect combination if you ask me.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 09:35   Link #95
traveler

Loved E7, so very excited for this! But that summary, uh, I really hope they don't do what Last Exile did and have the main characters from the previous show nowhere to be found. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but
Spoiler for E7 ending:
traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 23:36   Link #96
Raghe

First scan.

Spoiler for Scan:
Raghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:03   Link #97
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hopefully she stays away from the dreaded mid season Eureka 7 female hair cut disease.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:22   Link #98
DangerMouse

Well said Westlo.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes as I really enjoyed E7 (and their other show in it's mold, Xam'd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler View Post
Loved E7, so very excited for this! But that summary, uh, I really hope they don't do what Last Exile did and have the main characters from the previous show nowhere to be found. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but
Spoiler for E7 ending:
Actually:
Spoiler for Last Exile:

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-08 at 03:11.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 00:42   Link #99
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

so AO means Astral Ocean
i hope this new Eureka 7 will be more action packed than the prequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
She looks like Talho, I guess she's Talho and Holland's daughter.
i agree she looks like Talho and Holland's genes (but Anemoni and Dominic can be too)
while Ao is definitely Eureka and Renton's offspring
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 05:02   Link #100
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Well said Westlo.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes as I really enjoyed E7 (and their other show in it's mold, Xam'd)

Actually:
Spoiler for Last Exile:
that's what he said (he hope the charachter form e7 not to be present in this show)
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen