3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-30, 02:49   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Anime-Only] Shippuden Episode 27 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 04:02   Link #2
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

RIP sasori..........

no naruto ep NEXT WEEK WTF
Old 2007-08-30, 07:42   Link #3
Blaine

Probably dont want to catch up to the manga again, which would explain some of the slow pacing.
Old 2007-08-30, 13:16   Link #4
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Probably dont want to catch up to the manga again, which would explain some of the slow pacing.
For the last time, that doesn't explain it at all. This episode is around Chapter 273 in the manga. This week's chapter is 368. We'll round it off to say there are 90 chapters to cover from this point in the anime to the current point in the manga. At Naruto's old pace of 2 chapters per episode, that's 45 episodes, i.e. about a year. In that time the manga would add about that many chapters which can be turned into half as many episodes, and so on. I don't know how much longer the manga will go on, but they've got at least over a year and a half of full-speed episodes to go, and that's if they insert no filler and never slow down the pace at all.

My point is that even if they don't speed up that much, they can afford to go much faster than they're going now with no risk of catching up. At this point they're going 1 chapter per episode, which means they'll never close the gap at all. That's a huge waste of potentially good episodes that are instead ruined by slow pacing. Even if they do eventually catch up again, at least the episodes we had in the meantime were worth something instead of just being a snorefest the entire time.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 13:28   Link #5
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
My point is that even if they don't speed up that much, they can afford to go much faster than they're going now with no risk of catching up.
The anime creators have enhanced the status of their *idiocy* with each passing Shippuden episode. And, if they couldn't understand the pacing issues these last 26 episodes, then expecting them to understand that right now would be like asking a tree to bend after it has reached a height like 20m.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 13:58   Link #6
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

well, they drag the last minutes of his life for the whole episode... now i need to wait for the next week

the moment sasori died, that was kinda sad, and it showed how he missed his parents so much he went crazy in the end
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 14:02   Link #7
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
the moment sasori died, that was kinda sad, and it showed how he missed his parents so much he went crazy in the end
If they showed it like that, then, it would mean, they even corrupted the way he died in the manga.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 14:47   Link #8
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
If they showed it like that, then, it would mean, they even corrupted the way he died in the manga.
i don't know how you are going to look at his final moments, but i felt sorry for him
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 15:33   Link #9
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
My point is that even if they don't speed up that much, they can afford to go much faster than they're going now with no risk of catching up. At this point they're going 1 chapter per episode, which means they'll never close the gap at all. That's a huge waste of potentially good episodes that are instead ruined by slow pacing. Even if they do eventually catch up again, at least the episodes we had in the meantime were worth something instead of just being a snorefest the entire time.
This episode follows the chapter 274 and 275 entirely.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 16:00   Link #10
itachi29al

Wow they actually continued with this 2 chapter an episode thing. People might not like this as much as the last one but what more do you want from the anime team. the chapters were not all that interesting. The raw specially if you watch the raw because then yo miss a few cool revelation. Basically this episode raps up the fight.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 17:05   Link #11
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
The anime creators have enhanced the status of their *idiocy* with each passing Shippuden episode. And, if they couldn't understand the pacing issues these last 26 episodes, then expecting them to understand that right now would be like asking a tree to bend after it has reached a height like 20m.
26 was amazing and they covered about 3 chapters in that one ep so don't rule it out, they're trying to tell a story in a more artist way with this series more talk less action then for an ep or 2 they go all out then more waiting ect ect ect.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 18:30   Link #12
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

This episode was not bad, the only thing that did save it was that "Rivals in Love" scene at the end.That was the best part of this ep.
Old 2007-08-30, 19:30   Link #13
UPR

Who is that girl that appears in the ED with Naruto?
Old 2007-08-30, 20:02   Link #14
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Haven't watched yet, but I gander a guess that OP and ED are both from the latest movie.

This would be a sad episode for Sasori's fans if they follow those chapters like Hunter mentioned. Did they jump scenes to Naruto?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 20:10   Link #15
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
26 was amazing and they covered about 3 chapters in that one ep so don't rule it out, they're trying to tell a story in a more artist way with this series more talk less action then for an ep or 2 they go all out then more waiting ect ect ect.
More talk less action? If they want to do that they should be working on a soap opera not an anime.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 20:29   Link #16
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Who is that girl that appears in the ED with Naruto?
I believe its showing scenes from the 4th Naruto movie, or atleast i'll guess thats the girl your talking about as its whats been shown in episode 26, which was the only anime episode ive seen in 2 years, simply because people said was worth it.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 20:47   Link #17
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Did they jump scenes to Naruto?
no all Sakura and the old lady. The only Naruto thing was the last 10-20 seconds with Kakashi showing something new. If you read the manga then you should know.

After wayching the ED again i figured it would be the 4th movie. Thanks
Old 2007-08-30, 21:30   Link #18
Siege

Sakura and chiyo bits annoyed me sasori's a good character having read the manga it was much better than this ep

naruto abit part and by bit we mean bit 10 seconds got to see kakashi's new toy as well but wasn't worth watching just for the new toy

next week should be interesting (probably won't be though unless kakashi use's his new toy) seemed from the preview to be more clone fighting than anything though frankly i'm getting tired of neji's kaiten,tentens inability to hit anything despite being a "weapons expert" and it's just easy to call guy and lee morons
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 21:37   Link #19
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Well to be fair to Gai's team, if all are on equal level(as it should in a mirror match) everyone should have problem beaten its opponent >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 22:33   Link #20
Decel

Man, I expected new op/ed songs...

Don't tell me the op will run 52 eps