AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-05-14, 19:47   Link #3781
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Thanks for the info on the additional stores Rogue. From what I can glean from the sites, they seem to have a slightly better price on the shipping rates too. I have bookmarked them for future use !

Actually, seeing as I haven't purchased Episode 6 yet*, I'm feeling a bit tempted with these sites....

(My original plan was to skip 6 and just buy episode 7. Hm. What to do, what to do.... )
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 20:48   Link #3782
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
(My original plan was to skip 6 and just buy episode 7. Hm. What to do, what to do.... )
EP 7 should be out this August, so if you can wait another three months for it to be released then I suggest doing so. If you want to push it, wait until December for EP 8.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 20:52   Link #3783
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Well... seeing as how the translation isn't out yet, I'll continue waiting for 7 then. Heh.

Though... the collector side of me is a touch sad. (The part of me that needs to pay rent is kinda happy though XD .)
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 21:14   Link #3784
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I'm waiting for EP8 to come out... I did the same with EP4.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 19:25   Link #3785
ameskitty
Kupo

Yeah, I was mad at myself after I pre-ordered EP6 from Himeya and found out that those stores would have had much cheaper shipping (very frugal college student on a self-imposed budget here XD), so I thought I'd make a bigger post about it now that they're inflating the product prices so much more, too.

But yeah, it's really not worth buying EP6 now if you haven't already, unless you're a big collector (and there I'd wait for shipping reasons) or you're really impatient. It's an eight-month gap between 6 and 7, and five of those months have already passed. Plus, depending on how and when you ship it, it might take half a month to get to your doorstep anyways.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-15, 19:34   Link #3786
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Sadly, I probably should have mentioned that before, though we did put mandarake in our readme files for a while.
The problem with mandarake is that they are extremely slow to list up and stock up new items, and it took ages to actually find Episode 4 in their roster back in August and September.

AmiAmi is definitely a good option (that's actually where I got my Episode 6), but aside of that, there isn't much option, except perhaps a japanese deputy company (such like this one).
Old 2010-05-17, 21:01   Link #3787
ElderKain

Arrow

Any new progress with the Witch Hunt TL Project for Ep6?
Because it's said 6% for months already on their news page...

I wish it was updated with accurate percentages regularly.
http://witch-hunt.com/news.html

Old 2010-05-17, 21:51   Link #3788
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderKain View Post
Any new progress with the Witch Hunt TL Project for Ep6?
Because it's said 6% for months already on their news page...

I wish it was updated with accurate percentages regularly.
http://witch-hunt.com/news.html

To be honest, Witch Hunt doesn't need to do anything for anybody. Setting aside as many hours as they do for total strangers is already a selfless act, so don't complain!
Old 2010-05-17, 23:14   Link #3789
ElderKain

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
To be honest, Witch Hunt doesn't need to do anything for anybody. Setting aside as many hours as they do for total strangers is already a selfless act, so don't complain!
True enough, but at least they showed good progress notification on Ep5.
I was just hoping that they would do the same with Ep6.

Old 2010-05-17, 23:25   Link #3790
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As promised, here is the latest update for our Ep1-4 patch. Our apologies for the delay, as we had to perform a major overhaul for most pictures from Episode 1-2, while our main efforts were focused on Episode 6 translation.

Among the new little features we have added in this release, we can now offer you an installer for Episode 1-4, thanks to Message, our newest collaborator.
This installer can either install our patch to your previously installed game, or install both Japanese and English games with the DVD.
Therefore, you don't need to switch your computer locale anymore.
Please note that even if you have installed the original game already, having your DVD around is always a good measure, just in case.

Here are the links. We are still providing an installer-free patch.
Please remember this is an update of the patch for the Question arcs of Umineko no Naku Koro ni. This does not contain anything from any Chiru Episode.

Log of the recent changes:
-Installer available for Windows
-Game starting load has been drastically shortened
-Auto read mode is functional (basic) with "a" key
-Most pictures from Episode 1 and 2 have been edited
-Episodes have been updated with Episode 5 information and terms
Anyway, as we also promised before, this is also the good opportunity to give a proper status on Episode 6 translation progress.
Currently, 40% has been translated. Please bear in mind that it does not include edit, as usual.
As for the release, we have chosen that we will split this patch into 2 parts, and the first patch should be ready within a month (currently, 80% for the translation phase, 70% for the editing phase).
However, as we already announced before, most of us are stuck in our finals. Therefore, there might be a delay, but nothing sizable.

If you have any issue with the installer and the likes, please don't hesitate to report it here, as usual.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-05-19 at 11:33.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 23:53   Link #3791
Thunder Book
Endless Member

What do you mean by Pictures in Episode 1 and 2? Like, the character sprites?

Also, the splitting of the Episode 6 patch is cool. Will that be done for future episodes?
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 23:59   Link #3792
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
What do you mean by Pictures in Episode 1 and 2? Like, the character sprites?

Also, the splitting of the Episode 6 patch is cool. Will that be done for future episodes?
It may be, if we feel that it's necessary. We've done it in the past.

The real reason for splitting up the patches is that the first half of EP6 has a lot of interesting stuff in it. It's worth it to take the time to think that over, so we want to let readers have a few months for that before the EP7 release. It may or may not turn out to be one of the most key sections of the entire series, though that remains to be seen.

And by pictures, we mean mostly the TIPS.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 00:03   Link #3793
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Yeah, I'm pretty glad you guys are splitting the patch actually. I read through Episode 5 in like two days, and now I'm going back through it and I'm amazed at how much stuff I've missed.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 00:18   Link #3794
luckyssol

That's great news! I didn't expect an episode 6 patch to be coming so soon, nice work guys!
I'll try to find to some to reread 1-4 to see the changes. Thanks again Witch Hunt!

Edit: Ok, minor problem. I used the installer and choose not to create menu shortcuts because I already had them. It deleted my existing menu shortcuts.

Edit2: Ok, bigger problem. The game crashes when I try to load any save state. I guess I'll have to remake all my save states.

Last edited by luckyssol; 2010-05-18 at 00:38.
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 00:43   Link #3795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Edit: Ok, minor problem. I used the installer and choose not to create menu shortcuts because I already had them. It deleted my existing menu shortcuts.
Hehe... oops, didn't think of that. Here's a tip: delete the file called instid.dat from the installation folder, and run the patch again. It'll re-patch your game and offer the shortcuts choice again (no DVD required).

Quote:
Edit2: Ok, bigger problem. The game crashes when I try to load any save state. I guess I'll have to remake all my save states.
That's caused by the horrendous way (O)NScripter creates savegames... When the script changes, saves may crash (especially saves close to the edited regions). Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that. Just delete save0.dat through save20.dat. You don't have to delete the global saves/settings file though, that one will remain working.
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 00:49   Link #3796
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
That's caused by the horrendous way (O)NScripter creates savegames... When the script changes, saves may crash (especially saves close to the edited regions). Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about that. Just delete save0.dat through save20.dat. You don't have to delete the global saves/settings file though, that one will remain working.
Ah, if I can keep my global saves then there's no problem at all. Thank you

Also, I tested the new 'a' autoread. It works great but anything less than the level 3 text speed setting has a pretty long delay. Is there anything that can be done about that delay?
Old 2010-05-18, 00:54   Link #3797
chronotrig

Quote:
Ah, if I can keep my global saves then there's no problem at all. Thank you

Also, I tested the new 'a' autoread. It works great but anything less than the level 3 text speed setting has a pretty long delay. Is there anything that can be done about that delay?
The auto-read function in there right now is pretty naive. We plan to figure out a better one sometime in the future, but no guarantees that it'll make it into the EP6 patch 1 though.

Old 2010-05-18, 01:18   Link #3798
luckyssol

Ok, I deleted all the save**.dat files but the save states still appear on the load screen:
Spoiler for Load Screen 1:

I made sure that I was in the right directory when I deleted the right save**.dat files by deleting one of the images in the screenshot folder:
Spoiler for Load Screen 2:

Will it be ok just to save over the top of them?
Old 2010-05-18, 01:21   Link #3799
chronotrig

@Ssol:
Saving over them works, just ignoring them works. As long as you don't open an old save file, you should be fine. All the old patches have been like this, and the new ones will probably stay that way in the future. Like Message said, it's just an issue with this type of engine.

Old 2010-05-18, 01:28   Link #3800
luckyssol

Got it. Thanks again for all your hard work guys.

Tags
translation