AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-08-31, 12:56   Link #4401
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@ferret: As the guy who writes a lot of Mugino, you think I used too much swearing in my sample scenarios?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 18:05   Link #4402
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

It's not so much that there wasn't enough swearing opposed to the insults which seemed kinda 'meh' in my eyes. I mean, calling someone 'trash' is kinda something you would expect someone less mature to say, where as Mugino would find something far more insulting to say than that.

Sorry, but I kinda have a hard time explaining what I mean. If it's alright with you, may I take a crack at that scenario for myself?

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 18:40   Link #4403
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
::::ATTENTION::::

Chapter 17 of A Certain World of Darkness is up.

::::THAT IS ALL::::
say what you like guys but I'm too lazy to read up all the post from my last post so I'll just skip it all together plus its time consuming.

Its better if I continued reading the fics. I haven't read this one for months. I can't even remember where I stopped (darn job) maybe I'll just check the reviews. I didn't leave a chapter without a review when I read before... hmm...

tsun
Old 2013-08-31, 18:49   Link #4404
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I think you stopped a way's after the Touma vs. Mugino fight.

I don't have any reviews from you after that fight, so I'd say start with chapter 5.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-08-31, 19:02   Link #4405
omega253

Okay, I have a question that is pertinent to writing Chapter 7 of To Ascend.

Would anyone hold it against me if I made Fukiyose OOC? Or did something different with Aureolus?
Old 2013-08-31, 19:14   Link #4406
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@ferret: go. I quite need a proper image. Of her.
Old 2013-08-31, 19:16   Link #4407
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Would anyone hold it against me if I made Fukiyose OOC? Or did something different with Aureolus?
what do you have in mid for Aureolus? remember this guy is considered demi god inside his ars magna as long as he has cool mind. Which is why Touma mind rape him to distort his control over ars magna.

And what about Fukiyose? situation and example might help on what do you have in mind for her. Or rather an explanation or situation.
Old 2013-08-31, 19:31   Link #4408
omega253

I suppose I should explain.

Remember Chapter 4? Fukiyose saw part of the fight between Touma and Kanzaki and was in the presence of the Invisible Thing.

Well, Chapter 7 is going to have the conversation between Kamijou and Fukiyose. She is going to be nervous, withdrawn, and guilty. She saw a whole new side of Kamijou and feels guilty for writing him off as a lazy-ass. Fukiyose is kind of shaken up and unconfident because she felt insignificant in the presence of the Invisible Thing.

As for Aureolus, he catches word that Index doesn't need her memory erased anymore and tries to figure out why from the source. Rumors got spread that Index was somehow defeated or at least put in a draw. This stirs up the magic side because well, she has 103,000 grimoires to draw from and she still struggled with her opponent.

Cue talk between Aureolus and Touma, similar to the one that my version of Touma had with Stiyl. Interesting image, isn't it? A pseudo reality warper (Aureolus) and an unstoppable power (Touma) having a casual conversation.
Old 2013-08-31, 19:52   Link #4409
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

All this talk about Aureolus remind me of a guy on SpaceBattles who was wondering if it would be possible to write a story with the mindwiped and appearance altered Aureolus Izzard as main character.

The plot was that "Aureolus" wakes up in Heaven Canceller's hospital with a fake identity as a Level 0 and a severe case of memory loss due to an "accident". Now he is released from Hospital to live out his life (closely monitored by the Dark Side of the city) and gets involved in the Level 6 Shift experiment through meeting one of the Misaka clones. As he doesn't really have anything to do with his life he decides to save the poor clone girls. He's technically powerless, but a remnant of Ars Magna remains active in him and manifests itself erratically by warping reality in limited and plotdevicy ways. This would ironically make him very similiar to memorywiped Touma with his plotdevice-arm, playing on how Aureolus was likened to a possible future Touma that failed to save Index.

Of course, it would then show history repeating itself when Aureolus fails to stop Accelerator.

Last edited by allfictions; 2013-10-04 at 23:33.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 19:59   Link #4410
omega253

I am kind of altering Aureolus a bit. He was shown to be an alchemist right? He would have that speed writing ability that Sherry Cromwell had which he'd use to write transmutation circles. That or special transmutation gloves.

In a way, he'd basically be like one of the alchemists from Full Metal Alchemist.

He wanted to save people, but when the people he was working for decided to try and use his magical abilities for sinister (or at least dark) purposes, Aureolus packed up and left. His character has a lot of potential....

Oh who am I kidding? Just about every pseudo-plot-relevant character in this series has potential for development!
Old 2013-08-31, 20:02   Link #4411
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm pretty sure canon had Aurelious packing up and leaving because he was getting too hung up on index and the whole "curing" the mindwipe thing.
Old 2013-08-31, 20:13   Link #4412
omega253

Actually, this was before he met Index. He worked for the Roman Catholic Church before he met Index or even went to England in the first place.

The Roman Catholic Church wanted to use the grimoires that Aureolus wrote to attack other belief systems, while the alchemist himself wanted to save people from witchcraft.

He wanted to save people so he packed up and left for England. It was there that he met Index.
Old 2013-08-31, 20:14   Link #4413
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh, you meant that part. I thought you were referring to when he hermitted himself.
Old 2013-08-31, 20:20   Link #4414
omega253

Agh, I still need to edit some parts of Chapter 5 and 6 to include the location of Touma and Index's fight. I'm just putting them in School District 11, the same place that Touma and Thor fought in NT 6. It's also really large and just about devoid of troublesome eavesdroppers.

Bu some people will hear the explosions and feel the quakes, which will cause paranoia......
Old 2013-08-31, 20:37   Link #4415
tsunade666

Quote:
I suppose I should explain.

Remember Chapter 4? Fukiyose saw part of the fight between Touma and Kanzaki and was in the presence of the Invisible Thing.

Well, Chapter 7 is going to have the conversation between Kamijou and Fukiyose. She is going to be nervous, withdrawn, and guilty. She saw a whole new side of Kamijou and feels guilty for writing him off as a lazy-ass. Fukiyose is kind of shaken up and unconfident because she felt insignificant in the presence of the Invisible Thing.
This is possible but I still can't picture why make many people knew the "IT"

its supposedly a secret that Aleister guards. Heck he even hunted down Fiamma when he saw a glimpse of it but you making its importance seems ordinary at all. I'll be frank with you. One of the beauty of Tamni is the way Kamachi teases/trolls his readers with a snippet or a clue on a secret that you want to know that you will ended up reading the next volume. With the "IT" turning into a normal thing. You level down the mystery and charm of your story.

Look at the current chapter of Railgun. People are dying to know the connection between Misaki and Touma. Its like a obvious lure that you can't escape. And I don't think your idea of Misaki challenging Touma is the answer to it. Misaki isn't childish like Mikoto. Misaki is a bit more mature because she is connected to the dark side of academy city unlike Mikoto which is a bit naive. Plus you can sense a bit intimate/close relationship between Misaki and Touma from just few words from her. That is one of Kamachi's charm. You can't wait to know what happens next.

As for Aureolus his the strongest alchemist or rather his ars magna is the pinnacle of alchemy. Within it's field. Anything is possible as long as the caster think so. The only think stopping Aureolus from turning Index into a vampire is because he himself doesn't have a clue on what a real vampire is which limits his ars magna.

And ars magna shouldn't be his only magic. His a freaking alchemist. He can transmute something into gold heck, I won't be surprised if he starts clapping his hands and press into the road to create a wall and there must be homunculus too.

There are lots of potential on this guy. Its too bad that he was wasted in the novel.

And I think Aureolus can beat accelerator if he enters the ars magna field. Its the "will be done" thing. He can say "die in suffocation" and Accelerator will be having breathing problems.

For now from what I currently read in index fic. The In Memoriam shows the greatest potential or story or maybe because I'm in love with Index in Civies and can use magic (Darn cute index)

While I'm okay for OP Touma, I prefer a level headed fight for Touma. Its his charm to use tactics in fight and not brute strength. Which is why I'm dying to see Touma wield a Thompson contender or an sub machine-gun
Old 2013-08-31, 20:42   Link #4416
omega253

That's my thought about Aureolus, too.

And who said that Misaki had challenged Touma? That was the Railgun. I still have ideas running around about how Shokuhou could've met Touma.

As for IT.... Meh, I've got nothing about the casual appearance. If you feel disappointed, then you don't have to read my story. It was good enough to know I've got someone thinking and giving me plot holes to fill in.
Old 2013-08-31, 20:45   Link #4417
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
I have the Invisible Thing, Aiwass, and also WHITE (you know what this entity is, right?) classified in something different from magic and science.
What is ''WHITE''? Could you spoil me?
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 20:46   Link #4418
tsunade666

^really? cause I kinda remember reading that part. Oh, well. I will check on it. But seriously when I read that part I was Maybe I misread Misaki as Misaka. But I will try to check it again. I did read it while I'm on the bus on the way to work kinda bumpy ride.
Old 2013-08-31, 20:52   Link #4419
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

demino, here's the snippet for you. Given, this is just how I write Mugino honestly; because let's face it, she's a bitch.

Spoiler for Sample for A Certain Highschool Student:

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-08-31, 21:00   Link #4420
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
What is ''WHITE''? Could you spoil me?
Let me put up some quotes from Chapter 4 of my story first.

Quote:
"'Chosen of WHITE'? You mean her?" Kamijou blinked, looking down at the bruised girl in his arms. He could feel that ITS eyes (or whatever passed for ocular organs to the incomprehensible being in his right arm) lock onto the unconscious swordswoman.

"Wait a minute," Kamijou requested. His mind worked, wondering what IT meant by 'WHITE'. He remembered Tsuchimikado talking about people that were born with blessed bodies who were dubbed as Saints. He could feel an abnormal aura that was, dare he say it, holy rolling off Kanzaki. The final pieces in his mind clicked as Kamijou finally realized what 'WHITE' was.

'Well, I guess that explains why Christianity exists,' Kamijou thought, as he finally obtained an important revelation about Christianity. The identity of 'WHITE' was rather easy, when presented with the facts. He knew that each and every being with a disposition similar to IT had a Symbol defining their existence.

And he now knew that WHITE's Symbol was a cross.
If that doesn't give enough hints, then I'll just put it in spoiler tags below.

Spoiler for Identity of WHITE:

Does that elaboration in the spoilers help?

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction