AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2008-04-23, 08:07   Link #21
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I'm a new Negima fan. I've watched up to episode 21 of Negima!?, read the first two volumes of the manga (I have #3 that I'll start on next), and I just watched episode two of Negima!: Magister Negi Magi.

The first half of the Shaft production was very good, I thought, but then went a little weird. I'm glad I started the manga, I'll be ordering more next month. While the XEBEC production is obviously lower visual quality, I enjoyed those first two episodes quite a bit. I may try and pace it with it the manga.

I'm wondering about the Pactio cards that were available. Is there a chance of still getting these... besides paying $250 for a set of 12 on ebay? I tried doing a search for some info and didn't come across anything. I see a lot of images of them, though. Where were they originally available... manga, DVD's?
About Pactio card, we can arrange in where they're from:
- Manga: 8 cards at this time. When chapter 200 came out in last January, Ken made a gift, 7 plastic cards (minus Kazumi's) have released.
- Anime:
++ Negima! - Magister Negi Magi: 31 cards. Some cards like manga.
++ Negima!?: 31 x 3 (Armor, Cosplay, Suka) + Negi Armor + Anya Armor + Nekane Armor = 96 cards
- Trading Card Game: with 5 set, hundreds of them...

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 11:42   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
The first half of the Shaft production was very good, I thought, but then went a little weird. I'm glad I started the manga, I'll be ordering more next month. While the XEBEC production is obviously lower visual quality, I enjoyed those first two episodes quite a bit. I may try and pace it with it the manga.
The XEBEC production drifts massively from the manga about halfway through (and misses the opportunity completely to have done the Kyoto arc which *would* have been an excellent ending). Many people did like an anime-only episode - ep 19 which focuses on the backstory of the ghostgirl.

The SHAFT production is best taken as one freaking huge Omake (random non-canon malarkey). It does have many wonderful little moments and fansservice bits but the director/writer staff pretty much might as well have created their own characters -- at least the VAs and staff got some work out of it.

You might also browse around for the OVAs (are they licensed? dunno).

Basically, sticking with the manga is your best bet as far as storyline. Negima is turning into a larger rambling mess of a story than Love Hina ever thought about being - but it is still entertaining. I suspect Ken A. wants to turn it into a "cute girl" version of the never-ending franchise (Narubleachadbz - now with several dozen cute girls!) rather than a defined story with a clear ending.

I used to think Ken A. was just bad at negotiating with the anime people --- but after the live-action atrocity and his recent remarks on new anime production efforts, I've concluded that he himself is an idiot when it comes to anime adaptation. He wouldn't be the first creator to have no clue about his own work though (*cough* G. Lucas *cough*).
Old 2008-04-24, 00:19   Link #23
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
About Pactio card, we can arrange in where they're from:
- Manga: 8 cards at this time. When chapter 200 came out in last January, Ken made a gift, 7 plastic cards (minus Kazumi's) have released.
- Anime:
++ Negima! - Magister Negi Magi: 31 cards. Some cards like manga.
++ Negima!?: 31 x 3 (Armor, Cosplay, Suka) + Negi Armor + Anya Armor + Nekane Armor = 96 cards
- Trading Card Game: with 5 set, hundreds of them...
Were they included with the anime/manga? Are they still available for purchase?

These are the ones I'm interested in (top two rows):
http://hostilefire.blogspot.com/2005...tio-cards.html

Quote:
I used to think Ken A. was just bad at negotiating with the anime people --- but after the live-action atrocity and his recent remarks on new anime production efforts, I've concluded that he himself is an idiot when it comes to anime adaptation. He wouldn't be the first creator to have no clue about his own work though (*cough* G. Lucas *cough*).
LOL @ G. Lucas.

Well, that doesn't give much hope for the upcoming 3 part OVA from Shaft.

I still like the Shaft anime. I was really disappointed around the halfway point, but I still like it for it's visual quality and the quirky/silly parts that work as well as they do. And I like the girls and Ken A.'s character designs. So, I'm calling myself a fan.
Old 2008-04-24, 00:44   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, I was also fairly happy with the visual look of Negima!? (even though it wasn't strictly "Ken's style") ... some nice imagery.

I'm a big fan of the character designs and the personalities of the girls -- hence I'm still following the manga. The Shaft OVAs are actually very good in my opinion.

I'd like to think one day someone will actually do some important part of the story properly in animation.
Old 2008-04-24, 08:56   Link #25
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Were they included with the anime/manga? Are they still available for purchase?

These are the ones I'm interested in (top two rows):
http://hostilefire.blogspot.com/2005...tio-cards.html
Yes, they go with anime/manga stuffs.
That cards in top two row are designed by Ken (minus Ayaka's, I don't trust that is Ken's art), with Latin descriptions.
Quote:
Well, that doesn't give much hope for the upcoming 3 part OVA from Shaft.

I still like the Shaft anime. I was really disappointed around the halfway point, but I still like it for it's visual quality and the quirky/silly parts that work as well as they do. And I like the girls and Ken A.'s character designs. So, I'm calling myself a fan.
SHAFT's OVAs is so good! I love Spring Special (Haru), because it's based manga (volume 7), don't like Negima!? or Summer Special (Natsu) with another stories.
SHAFT can make it! So, I'm very hopeful

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 09:40   Link #26
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
Yes, they go with anime/manga stuffs.
I suppose it's only the Japanese versions that have them?

EDIT- Okay, I'm starting to get it figured out. From the official Negima!? website I see that one card comes with each of any variety of items - DVD, CD, special disks, etc.

I found this at ebay...
Spoiler for Asuna CD:

And I see it's still available at amazon.co.jp (along with some others), for less than that ebay listing wants. So, I guess that's a good place to start. I can afford a few CD's.

Last edited by Mushi; 2008-04-24 at 11:38.
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 09:24   Link #27
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Meh... It occurred to me that those Pactio Cards were probably only included with first press/LE releases. Since that started back in '04, I doubt there are any of those still being sold. Looks like it's going to have to be ebay for any of that stuff.
Old 2008-04-27, 02:30   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, be wary --- I actually HAVE that CD (as well as a few others from that period like the "gothic girls" CD) ... but they're all second or later pressings. No cards in any of them.
Old 2008-05-13, 06:18   Link #29
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
The cards were mostly available with the first pressings of CDs - I didn't start collecting till after most had already been released so I only have Mana's card and a few of the neo cards. I do have reprints of a couple of cards that were included with the LE versions of the original anime series DVDs (Asuna, Konoka, Nodoka's botched card plus the anime-style mockups included with later volumes) and those plastic cards mentioned earlier.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 22:35   Link #30
Nesty

i want those pactio cards >_< gotta catch em all haha!
Old 2008-05-17, 08:53   Link #31
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesty View Post
i want those pactio cards >_< gotta catch em all haha!
"Gotta kiss em all, Negima!"
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 18:21   Link #32
Asrialys

According to a recent blog post on moetron:

Quote:
From the Negi no Ochakai event held today, Akamatsu Ken mentions that if preorders for “Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba~,” which ships along with Volume 23 of the manga, exceeds 50,000, the staff will consider a film adaptation. 100,000 sales will instead convince them to produce a 3rd TV series.

The preorder-sales counter on the official website, which counts volumes 23-25, currently stands at just over 10,000.
Preorders only? Japan (and anyone else who can do it elsewhere), the world is counting on you.
Old 2008-05-25, 10:49   Link #33
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Anyone else can do it elsewhere. I pre-ordered all three from Yesasia over a week ago and since yesasia accept paypal you don't even need a credit card.
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 18:38   Link #34
Asrialys

The Haru and Natsu OVA DVD is now available for pre-order for $14.99 ($19.99 retail). Comes out October 14.

Amazon
RightStuf
DVDPacific ($11.49!!)

Hm, it'd be cool if it also had a reversible cover with the Natsu cover on the other side.
Old 2009-05-22, 09:45   Link #35
KimmyChan

Quote:
I found this at ebay...
Spoiler for Asuna CD:

And I see it's still available at amazon.co.jp (along with some others), for less than that ebay listing wants. So, I guess that's a good place to start. I can afford a few CD's.
OMG I totally want that! Asuna is my all-time fave Negima girl character!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 11:57   Link #36
Zefariath

Negima pactio Cards.

I'm trying to get a copy of the special 7 plastic card set that came out as a mail in offer with the 200th issue.. but not having much luck, keep getting out bid and such on Yahoo.jp. Any other suggestions to look to find this for sale. So far I have only been buying my imported stuff from Amazon.co.jp, auctions on Yahoo.jp, cdjapan.co.jp, and himeyashop.com.... for out of print stuff, the only place i know of right now is auctions.yahoo.jp ... not sure where else to check.

Any recommendations ?

Would love to find some larger figures too.. if any were made. Not the figuremate ones but resin / etc like they have for some other series.
Zefariath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 09:34   Link #37
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Wow, has it really been over two years since I last posted here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefariath View Post
I'm trying to get a copy of the special 7 plastic card set that came out as a mail in offer with the 200th issue..
If you're still looking for them, you might want to try ebay. I got the set there shortly after they came out. There were quite a few available for a while so they were very reasonable. I think I got them for around $80.

It's a pretty classy collection. I'm glad I got it. Never did get any of the other cards, though. I decided to keep focusing on figures and DVDs.

Quote:
Would love to find some larger figures too.. if any were made. Not the figuremate ones but resin / etc like they have for some other series.
I don't recall seeing any decent Negima! figures anywhere. I wish there were. The Limited Editions of the DVDs for the original series came with small figures that aren't too bad.

Alter has really put out some great figures from the Nanoha Strikers series and Kotobukiya did a nice job on the girls from the To Heart series. It's not often that a single company commits to making figures from a large cast of characters. I've got 12 of the To Heart girls and there are still at least another 6 I'd like to get. It would be cool to have that many of the Negima! girls standing around looking cute.
Old 2010-10-01, 15:39   Link #38
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Negima video game
Old 2010-10-01, 16:42   Link #39
nines
I much prefer the 2d

X.x wii fail >< was lookin forward to an actual fightin through the mahou festival to rakan lol
Old 2010-10-02, 17:35   Link #40
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Personally, when it comes to Negima video games, I prefer this one (which is playable on American systems, if you want to import it).