AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-27, 19:57   Link #961
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post
Not necessarily, what if clare were to die in that event, not that I would want that to happen. Anyway, I just hope Priscilla doesn't die because of clare getting her revenge. I just don't like that outcome for some reason.
Then the entire story would be pointless if Clare dies and priscilla survives. I want Clare to get her revenge, actually its more like justice because she is a monster who has killed many humans so killing her would be the right thing to do.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-27, 19:59   Link #962
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Then the entire story would be pointless if Clare dies and priscilla survives.
No it would be hilarious in the extreme....maybe.

I mean what better way for a dark story to end then to have the "villain" win the hero die.
Old 2011-11-27, 20:01   Link #963
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
No it would be hilarious in the extreme....maybe.
You beat me to the punch RMC. If Priscilla lived while Claire died I would fall off my chair laughing. That would be...superb. Sort like Helen becoming a raging drunk if Deneve dies or Claire being Yandere for Raki (or vice-versa).

I would definitely buy the volume if that happened and do a slow clap while reading the chapter.
Old 2011-11-27, 20:05   Link #964
claremore

Quote:
Then the entire story would be pointless if Clare dies and priscilla survives.
lol I wasn't being serious with that, But there are other important characters in the story that could die, and priscilla not dying wouldn't necessarily make the story a happy ending. (Besides most people hate priscilla )
And sorry if I threw you off Claymore!, My point was that I was hoping rafaela was going to aid in changing clare's obsession to fight priscilla, although it is probably the opposite..

Last edited by claremore; 2011-11-27 at 20:27.
Old 2011-11-27, 20:05   Link #965
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Whoa, you beat me to the punch RMC. If Priscilla lived while Claire died I would fall off my chair laughing. That would be...superb.
That would be horrible stupid. I'm not going to explain why because it should be obvious why such an event would absolutely dreadful.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-27, 20:09   Link #966
Nixl

Of course it would be Claymore, that is precisely why it would be amazing. Something sooooo horrible that it is great. I cite Snakes on a Plane as my proof.
Old 2011-11-27, 20:10   Link #967
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
That would be horrible stupid. I'm not going to explain why because it should be obvious why such an event would absolutely dreadful.
Hence the maybe really kinda depends on how Yagi would pull it off. It would be great if after killing Clare Priscilla then turns to the reader and brakes the 4th wall and asks "Are you not entertained"?
Old 2011-11-27, 20:29   Link #968
Demon6666

I always thought it would be awesome if Rafaela's memories of the meeting with young Teresa would somehow manifest itself in the blob. Wouldn't it be pretty cool if Clare (in this dream world within the blob) could meet the young Teresa? and possibly even help train her? that would be pretty epic if you ask me. Given what we saw before the destroyer awakened it might be possible.
Old 2011-11-27, 20:33   Link #969
Etheral

I'm all for unexpected endings. I think Claire letting go of her obsession would be great. However, Priscilla is simply too powerful and could decide to go on rampages for the hell of it.

So she has to dies, but if evil triumphs ending happens, it simply has to be handled very well or I am dissapoint.
Old 2011-11-27, 21:12   Link #970
Return Clare
Teresa within me

You all know how much I love Clare, but I believe it's possible to have an ending where she dies and Priscilla lives that wouldn't suck. Something like X TV, so that Clare's death would have great meaning. The idea itself is not stupid but I don't trust freaking NG Yagi to handle it well. Honestly what's stupid is when people would buy a shitty storyline because it freaking panders to them but reject a good one just because it doesn't pander. That's what encourages mangaka to go NG.
Old 2011-11-28, 02:13   Link #971
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I read Return Clare's post and then I read Return Clare's location and couldn't help but.....

....lolololololol

Anyways, my take on an ending would be that the fab four would be alive. I just don't see BFFs Helen and Deneve dying. Actually the only reason I'd find for Clare to stay alive, even though I'd hate to admit it, would be Raki. I have a feeling they'll get together somehow and then stay together. I think Priscilla is bound to die or at least have some realization right before her death just like Ophelia.

I also have a feeling as we go along the story there's gonna be another battle similar to "Ricardo's Captain Slaying of Evil and Cruelty" of the North and then I'll be crying again.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2011-11-28, 20:41   Link #972
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Yeah i don't want Helen or Deneve to die either. I also really want Clare and Raki to be together again. I would prefer it if Miria didn't die either but right now she is in a lot of trouble and i wonder how she will make it out of there alive. There will soon be 3 new Abyssal Creatures and they might possible be stronger than the previous ones. I believe that the strongest one would be Hysteria because of her superior technique.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-28, 23:42   Link #973
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return Clare View Post
You all know how much I love Clare, but I believe it's possible to have an ending where she dies and Priscilla lives that wouldn't suck. Something like X TV, so that Clare's death would have great meaning. The idea itself is not stupid but I don't trust freaking NG Yagi to handle it well. Honestly what's stupid is when people would buy a shitty storyline because it freaking panders to them but reject a good one just because it doesn't pander. That's what encourages mangaka to go NG.
But... X was by Clamp (well at least the original manga it was based on was)... & Clamp can't write good endings, therefore your statement is false

Anyways... on a more serious note. What meaning could Clare's death have if Priscilla still eats the whole island? Other than the fact that now everyone is bloody doomed or did Teresa return yet survive when Clare died

Look I don't disagree that Clare could die and it could have meaning but without Priscilla remaining a flesh eating monster on the island I just don't see that as possible. At least without some ludicrous series of events that stalls Priscilla long enough for everyone to achieve uber Clare/Teresa power than defeat Priscilla. Or Priscilla somehow holding off her hunger till she starves to death because of some action/parting words from Clare makes her not want to eat people anymore.

If anything I see Clare more being reborn instead of dying (If Priscilla Lives) and I don't mean emerging from the Destroyer reborn but Ghost in the Shell merger reborn and/or her body being literally destroyed fighting Priscilla/Reviving Teresa but her mind/soul clinging to her and then Teresa gives birth to her later or something crazy like that (Now it's your turn to call me crazy )

Though if Clare does die and there meaning to it, it will likely tie into the church finding some greater meaning in it (which might be a good or bad) and/or the power of sisterhood .

Anyways I've gotten only a few hours sleep this past weekend due to have to cram in the SWTOR beta into the few days I could play it before the beta closes (in like 2 hours or something like that, but I'm 5 levels too low to start the next main quest and there is no way side questing will level me that much in time... so here I am ), so if I'm not making much sense that's why. I'm going on 3 days with 5 hours sleep. (i don't know why i find that funny)
Old 2011-11-29, 02:01   Link #974
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Ch 121 spoiler - probably fake
Spoiler for Chinese:
Spoiler for painful Google translation...:
Old 2011-11-29, 03:06   Link #975
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return Clare View Post
Well, the obvious way to have a Claire dies ending that makes sense, and isn't just for shits and giggles (and, let's face it, Claire simply being killed by Prisc would be hilarious), is to have Claire die in such a way that returns Claymores and Awakened Beings to their human forms.

This would also allow Prisc to live on, and how touching would it be if the last panel or two was Prisc moving on with her life, and the sudden realization that the story hadn't been about Claire at all! ;D

Ok, that last part was half for giggles, but I think you get the idea.

I know there are some who think everything is going to end in a grimdark ending, but until the last panel is release, I am an adamant supporter of the idea that the story is ultimately going to be of redemption and acceptance.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-11-29, 10:03   Link #976
Gooral
Banned

TOC of Jump Square is out and Claymore is very high in the ranking (6th-7th). 6 places above D.Gray-man.
Old 2011-11-29, 10:12   Link #977
Nixl

I never thought D. Greyman was that popular, maybe I was dead wrong. Then again, I did not know it started publishing again ever since the author was sued for plagiarizing a character or two.
Old 2011-11-29, 10:34   Link #978
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I never thought D. Greyman was that popular, maybe I was dead wrong. Then again, I did not know it started publishing again ever since the author was sued for plagiarizing a character or two.
A japanese author was sued for plagerism? 0_o

Considering how much they love archetypes and stereotypes, and how so much media just feels like they are recycling from eachother....the idea that someone can be sued for stealing someone's idea sounds unbelievable to me
Old 2011-11-29, 11:14   Link #979
Nixl

It was not story plagiarism, but rather the a character or two that she drew. It matched way too closely to the original.

Here it is the forum post,
http://www.mangashare.com/forums/thr...-reason%28-%29

http://www.tv.com/shows/d-gray-man/f...84259-1271494/

The second URL makes it out to be speculation, so who knows. I guess I believed it after seeing the first URL's pics.
Old 2011-11-29, 11:22   Link #980
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Spoiler for painful Google translation...:
I admit I laughed so hard I cried a bit
Closed Thread