AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 10:23   Link #121
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
You have that one picture against dozens of others where nothing bad happened. Just look at the recent 2 anime episodes, Bee was going into beast mode multiple times and then transformed back without any noticeable bad effect. Sure one might have bruises and a bit of skin peeled off but at this level ninjas simply dont care about such things. Naruto on the island when first using his super speed broke his leg, but 1 or 2 days after that we see him fighting a whole Zetsu and zombie army as if nothing happened.

This picture shows Bee before his transformation, when using chakra shroud the skin might be replaced by that demon chakra but after the actual fight Bee never looked like being badly hurt and losing his skin or whatever, he looked healthy as always.
so I guess that means from the picture above that Naruto cannot be hurt or effected by Genjutsu, because with 2 hosts, the other can disturb the chakra flow and snap his partner out of it.... which means Sasuke's Genjutsu won't work on Naruto. now there's a surprise!. Sasuke can suppress the Kyuubi and Naruto can block Genjutsu!
in fact I'm not even sure Sasuke can block Kurama now that they have bonded together.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 15:07   Link #122
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
so I guess that means from the picture above that Naruto cannot be hurt or effected by Genjutsu, because with 2 hosts, the other can disturb the chakra flow and snap his partner out of it.... which means Sasuke's Genjutsu won't work on Naruto. now there's a surprise!. Sasuke can suppress the Kyuubi and Naruto can block Genjutsu!
in fact I'm not even sure Sasuke can block Kurama now that they have bonded together.
He can be hurt if Sasuke uses genjutsu the way he used it to win against Danzou. Look at the effect on Bee, Bee's attack was broken by Sasuke and for a brief moment Bee was defensless, if Sasuke had the plan to kill him then he could have stabbed Bee or something like that, but in that case Sasuke didn't expect Bee to be saved by the 8-tails and also he didn't want to kill Bee. But now Sasuke is more experienced and knows more about Naruto's power. Also to break out of a genjutsu one must know that he is in a genjutsu, we see that Sasuke actually used a genjutsu on Danzou where the reality was a little bit changed, but only to a level where Danzou would not notice it. Itachi was a master at that as we have seen against Deidara, but even Sasuke can use such genjutsu for a very short period of time (against a Deidara level opponent Sasuke used it for even longer time, when he made Deidara see that his body is disintegrated while he wasn't even there, Deidara's luck was that he already had a plan against that because he already experienced that when Itachi used it on him). I'm assuming Sasuke can't use Tsukiyomi because that is instantaneous, so the 9-tails can't help Naruto there and Naruto himself is too weak in genjutsu to be able to do anything. But who knows, maybe the author decides that Sasuke will be able to use Tsukiyomi because he has Itachi's eyes or somthing but also that Naruto's kyuubi mode + sage mode can be effective against Tsukiyomi. Sure the fight will be planned out in a way that each chapter end with a new cliffhanger, so Kishimoto needs to use many upgraded and new abilities to make these cliffhangers, and so he can decide to use Tsukiyomi and a never yet seen counter-tsukiyomi dispelling magic. Whatever happens it will be epic

Saying that Sasuke can block Kurama based on one past event is wrong in my opinion because it didn't really happen the way in a fight would happen. First thing is that Naruto tried to supress the kyuubi himself, also the kyuubi's cage was closed, and on top of that Naruto was greatly weakened by his previous fight against Orochimaru. Just before that Naruto couldn't even run properly, he collapsed while searching Sasuke's room. Now Naruto will be at full power, enhanced with kyuubi and sage mode, the cage will be open so kyuubi's full power will be used which in this chapter Kurama says is way beyond of what Naruto could use until now and of course Naruto is be more expreinced against the sharingan. Sure Sasuke might block Kurama's power at the end of one chapter, but then in the next Naruto will use sage mode or something else to free Kurama's power and continue the fight.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-01-23 at 15:19.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:14   Link #123
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Sure Sasuke might block Kurama's power at the end of one chapter, but then in the next Naruto will use sage mode or something else to free Kurama's power and continue the fight.
I really hope Sasuke isn't able to do that anymore at all. After his training w/ Bee, Naruto finally learned how to draw upon Kurama's chakra regardless of whether Kurama was willing to share it or not. So by reducing Kyuubi's will as a relevant factor in the equation, I was hoping that this would be Kishi's answer to Sasuke's eye hax.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 20:56   Link #124
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I really hope Sasuke isn't able to do that anymore at all. After his training w/ Bee, Naruto finally learned how to draw upon Kurama's chakra regardless of whether Kurama was willing to share it or not. So by reducing Kyuubi's will as a relevant factor in the equation, I was hoping that this would be Kishi's answer to Sasuke's eye hax.
Technically, Madara, Tobi and Itachi all have this power. Supressing the Kyuubi is not a power intrinsic to Sasuke's eyes only, rather it is the primary purpose of the Mangekyo Sharingan (Sasuke just happens to have "better" eyes than the others, so he could use his Sharingan to do what an MS is supposed to do).

That being said, I also expect that Sasuke will either be unable or only partially able to supress the Kyuubi. Maybe this will be how Kishimoto draws together Senjutsu and the Kyuubi.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 05:36   Link #125
Apollian

This is all pointing to one thing for me, its clear that IF (and thats a big If) Naruto saves all the tailed beasts, its possible that he'll be able to control them... meaning..................wait for it..................... its possible he could control the Jubi as the Sage of the Six paths did.
that might be Kishi's end game for the manga.
I just have to get my head around that the sage couldn't have possibly taken the ten tails without the Rinnegan. so does Naruto get the Rinneigan?
the 2 Trojan Horses are: what Itachi gave him, which doesn't count because the Crow is all used up at least for another 10 years (or so we think), and what Son Goku gave him, which is this years version of Itachi's Crow.
and while were on the subject of gifts form tailed beast, Naruto could easily pick up abilities from Kurama and all the other beasts.

Last edited by Apollian; 2012-01-24 at 05:57.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 10:02   Link #126
prakash123

my guess is the four tails monkey gave naruto the monkey transforming rod that the 3rd hokage once possessed.i dunno just a guess.and btw is karin part of the uzumaki clan?
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 10:37   Link #127
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
And btw is karin part of the uzumaki clan?
She does have the red hair, and that would be something. If she is, I'd only hope that she's a close relative of Naruto's. He needs some real family.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 10:50   Link #128
prakash123

yea i hope so...konan was also part of it buy shes gone
Old 2012-01-24, 11:34   Link #129
Akashin

Quote:
yea i hope so...konan was also part of it buy shes gone
Wait, what? Since when was Konan an Uzumaki? Nagato is (though now that we know that the Rinnegan is an evolution of the Sharingan and not a product of merging the Uchiha and Senju/Uzumaki or something, I'm not sure why that reveal was made), but when did we hear anything about Konan regarding that?

As for the rod the Sandaime used, wasn't that actually one of his monkey summons? If I'm not misremembering that, I doubt that's what the Four-Tails gave Naruto (unless we're going to start hearing about the Four-Tails being Boss of the monkey summons or something, which would be odd).
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 12:29   Link #130
prakash123

well in chapter 510 tobi mentioned something about konan being part of it.check it out

as for the rod its just a guess.what else could it be?
Old 2012-01-24, 13:08   Link #131
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
This is all pointing to one thing for me, its clear that IF (and thats a big If) Naruto saves all the tailed beasts, its possible that he'll be able to control them... meaning..................wait for it..................... its possible he could control the Jubi as the Sage of the Six paths did.
that might be Kishi's end game for the manga.
I seriously doubt it. this was more plausible before the bijou were each given these new deep personalities. having naruto control the juubi is no longer a happy ending since kurama, son, etc... would have lost their individual personalities. naruto wouldn't go for that. if he does get control of the juubi then he would most likely split it apart to give each bijou their identity back again.

Quote:
I just have to get my head around that the sage couldn't have possibly taken the ten tails without the Rinnegan. so does Naruto get the Rinneigan?
he has friend no jutsu which is stronger than any dojutsu. sharingan/rinnegan control of bijou is control by force. naruto doesn't need to force them into his control like the other ninja up until now.

Quote:
my guess is the four tails monkey gave naruto the monkey transforming rod that the 3rd hokage once possessed.i dunno just a guess.
that rod was actually enma transformed. it's more of a character than a weapon. son may have given naruto the ability to summon monkeys though, assuming the blood signature gets done somehow.

Quote:
and btw is karin part of the uzumaki clan?
don't know yet, but that would be interesting.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 15:20   Link #132
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
well in chapter 510 tobi mentioned something about konan being part of it.check it out
He was talking to a dead Nagato, not to Konan.
Quote:
and btw is karin part of the uzumaki clan?
Kishi can easily make it happen
Quote:
I seriously doubt it. this was more plausible before the bijou were each given these new deep personalities. having naruto control the juubi is no longer a happy ending since kurama, son, etc... would have lost their individual personalities. naruto wouldn't go for that. if he does get control of the juubi then he would most likely split it apart to give each bijou their identity back again.
Maybe each one of them is a different aspect of the ten-tails' collective personality, FMA-style (although none except 8-tails have shown anything besides malice...then again, not much has been revealed about most of them in the first place).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 15:49   Link #133
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Maybe each one of them is a different aspect of the ten-tails' collective personality, FMA-style (although none except 8-tails have shown anything besides malice...then again, not much has been revealed about most of them in the first place).
I seem to recall the one-tailed raccoon being described as "funky."
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 22:56   Link #134
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Technically, Madara, Tobi and Itachi all have this power. Supressing the Kyuubi is not a power intrinsic to Sasuke's eyes only, rather it is the primary purpose of the Mangekyo Sharingan (Sasuke just happens to have "better" eyes than the others, so he could use his Sharingan to do what an MS is supposed to do).

That being said, I also expect that Sasuke will either be unable or only partially able to supress the Kyuubi. Maybe this will be how Kishimoto draws together Senjutsu and the Kyuubi.
Touche James. I especially like the suggested possibility of a partial suppression being used to help trigger simultaneous senjustu usage.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 01:40   Link #135
james0246

Chapter 571 thread has been created. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion