AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-28, 16:31   Link #7121
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Feisty, you clearly have WAAAAAY too much time on your hands (or not enough "online arguments experience") if you keep talking to some rand out there about what nationality Sousuke is. Just tell him to go f*** himself. End of story.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 16:43   Link #7122
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Feisty, you clearly have WAAAAAY too much time on your hands (or not enough "online arguments experience") if you keep talking to some rand out there about what nationality Sousuke is. Just tell him to go f*** himself. End of story.
Oh, it was just the one night and it was quite awhile ago. I wasn't even pregnant yet, let alone having a 1yr/old, so it was at least 2 years ago, lol. I DEFINITELY had time back then XD

That said, no, I really don't get into online arguments often. XD It was on a piece of fanart and in their description they mentioned how Sousuke is Afghan. I complimented the piece (it WAS nice) and gently corrected them on his ethnicity and the person interpreted it as a personal attack. I should have expected it, really, but all the FMP fans I've run into before and since have all been enthusiastic and excited to get into discussions about it and learn more about the source material. Never came across an FMP fan so vehement that all their wrong information was the gospel truth, lol
Old 2013-06-29, 00:15   Link #7123
MisterBaka

Quote:
Ahhh, yes~ Don't get me wrong, I love the vicious "Kashim" ...To the point where my friend Mika has made a whole fanart series for me of an "of age" Kashim, many with Kaname, lol!
Oh, so beautiful! Thak you for the link, there's some wonderful art. There is Mao! I hope you and yor friend wouldn't mind if I advertise this site to my Russian friends^^

I totally agree with you. Kashim is wonderful. Even though here in Russia the fact of him being an Afghani mujahidin combatant is a sensitive one. But we know for a fact those guys are tough, and Sosuke is as tough as one gets. But his strength is not a conscious element ment to oppress or profit. He is simply strong because he was forced to be. He was shaped by the cold dead hands of war that took away his warmth, so to speak. And this strength can bring good if the warmth in his soul is restored. But only after he is influenced by Kaname who gives him the best of her world. And he gives her the best of his strength. And in the end they are both strong and gentle and have the right mind.
I shouldn't start one of my long posts about them now. Let's simply say I admire my favorite couple that way :3

Quote:
It was on a piece of fanart and in their description they mentioned how Sousuke is Afghan. I complimented the piece (it WAS nice) and gently corrected them on his ethnicity and the person interpreted it as a personal attack.
Spoiler for .:

Some people are simply inadequate.

P.S.I can't completely agree that Gatoh has portrayed all nations accurately. There's some pretty tricky mistakes and ambiguities he has about Russians, for example. But those are to be expected, actually. It's more of a social part than ethnical.
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 01:01   Link #7124
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
Oh, so beautiful! Thak you for the link, there's some wonderful art. There is Mao! I hope you and yor friend wouldn't mind if I advertise this site to my Russian friends^^
Go right ahead! I know she'd love some more exposure ^^

Quote:
I totally agree with you. Kashim is wonderful. Even though here in Russia the fact of him being an Afghani mujahidin combatant is a sensitive one. But we know for a fact those guys are tough, and Sosuke is as tough as one gets. But his strength is not a conscious element ment to oppress or profit. He is simply strong because he was forced to be. He was shaped by the cold dead hands of war that took away his warmth, so to speak. And this strength can bring good if the warmth in his soul is restored. But only after he is influenced by Kaname who gives him the best of her world. And he gives her the best of his strength. And in the end they are both strong and gentle and have the right mind.
I shouldn't start one of my long posts about them now. Let's simply say I admire my favorite couple that way :3
This is a wonderful way of describing it ^^ <3~

Quote:
P.S.I can't completely agree that Gatoh has portrayed all nations accurately. There's some pretty tricky mistakes and ambiguities he has about Russians, for example. But those are to be expected, actually. It's more of a social part than ethnical.
Oh, I wouldn't say his portrayal of the different ethnic groups is accurate, just that he's careful about how they interact with one another. I probably worded it wrong before, though, I'm running on next to no sleep. Insomnia + having a toddler = Hell, lol!

But, like with how Bel wants to kick Lemon's ass for assuming he LIKES having a French name, it's little things like that. Since there's so many characters from so many different countries and walks of life, some of their interactions were a bit different based simply on prejudices than on personality alone. If Sousuke had been Middle Eastern, you can bet he would have been treated a lot different by many characters. Hell, considering Kurz lost his family to Lebanese terrorists, they may never have even become friends in the first place, due to prejudices.
Old 2013-06-29, 01:15   Link #7125
MisterBaka

Quote:
But, like with how Bel wants to kick Lemon's ass for assuming he LIKES having a French name, it's little things like that. Since there's so many characters from so many different countries and walks of life, some of their interactions were a bit different based simply on prejudices than on personality alone. If Sousuke had been Middle Eastern, you can bet he would have been treated a lot different by many characters. Hell, considering Kurz lost his family to Lebanese terrorists, they may never have even become friends in the first place, due to prejudices.
I agree. FMP is very interesting in no small part thanks to the international cast of characters, so to speak. And the portrayal is not offensive, even in cases of the bad guys.
The most outstanding thing I can name when it comes to the Russian part of this gallery is THE ULTRA DAMAGE GLAXY DESTROYING BORSCHT!!! It's just the greatest joke ever =)
Old 2013-06-29, 01:19   Link #7126
Sumeragi
Banned

Assuming that the fan translations do not start coming in August, I am going to obtain the Korean official translation of Another.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 17:40   Link #7127
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Assuming that the fan translations do not start coming in August, I am going to obtain the Korean official translation of Another.
We want FMP the Original and not another filler to fill up an unfinished masterpiece....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 17:49   Link #7128
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
We want FMP the Original and not another filler to fill up an unfinished masterpiece....
What the hell are you talking about?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 23:44   Link #7129
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Ooh, good stuff~ ^^ I still have to muddle my way through reading them, I just don't have the time or concentration to read in English anymore, nevermind Japanese...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
She's referring to the novels, we aren't talking about the pending announcement to come next month. All the FMP!A novels are still untranslated so far. I don't think any of us want an FMP!A anime without the original series getting finished first. But we do still wanna be able to fully read the books.

(if I understood your comment right, anyways)

------------------

On a separate note, just because we were talking about it, and I was looking for inspiration, I made a little gifset using quotes from the novels that show Sousuke is Japanese XD I know you guys all know, but I figured I'd share anyways, since it's sort of on topic, lol

The image is a link to the full post, there's 3 images total, this one still, the other two animated ^^ Nothing special, lol, but I like to think it gets the point across, rofl

I still have plenty of time to do low-key things I can easily walk away from... I waste my time so wonderfully... So no one thinks it, just gonna say, no I obviously don't think making the gifset would change anything even if the person in question came across it. I did it more to have a little laugh. It was fun to make, regardless. ^^
Old 2013-06-30, 09:25   Link #7130
SkoolRumble4Ya

I hope that person comes across this board and realize how dumb he is.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:25   Link #7131
FeistyDreams

I came to a realization today. According to Ueda's twitter, he's currently at the part where Sousuke is curled up in the cockpit of the ARX-8. If he's only drawing that scene now, there's gotta be at least 2 chapters left to serialize, I would assume, before they can print the 19th volume of Sigma.

That means the anniversary announcement will have nothing to do with the Sigma finale, which I think raises the chance for good news for us. Hope.... rising...
Old 2013-07-01, 23:31   Link #7132
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I need anime!!!!! Not manga!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:39   Link #7133
FeistyDreams

I just checked the Fujimi Shobo site and the release date for the next issue of Dragon Magazine is confirmed 7/20, as anticipated. I'm rather disappointed to find Highschool DxD on the cover when we're supposed to get the 15th anniversary announcement for FMP in it, though... *pout*
Old 2013-07-02, 00:57   Link #7134
MisterBaka

Highschool DxD. For crying out loud... Boobs are evil!
Well, it just shows that FMP is not the mainstream cash-making "tits+moe+idiot protagonist" formula. Not that big, huh?
I am depressed.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:03   Link #7135
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
I just checked the Fujimi Shobo site and the release date for the next issue of Dragon Magazine is confirmed 7/20, as anticipated. I'm rather disappointed to find Highschool DxD on the cover when we're supposed to get the 15th anniversary announcement for FMP in it, though... *pout*
I think it's meant to be a suprise that's why FMP is not on the cover. Of course I'm just hoping.

Oh well three more weeks to be very happy or very depress.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:09   Link #7136
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Highschool DxD. For crying out loud... Boobs are evil!
Well, it just shows that FMP is not the mainstream cash-making "tits+moe+idiot protagonist" formula. Not that big, huh?
I am depressed.
Honestly... I'm just so very BORED of fanservice. I didn't mind it all that much several years ago, it amused me more than anything, but it's been so blown out of proportion, overdone, and it's just... Ugh. The characters aren't even attractive anymore. There is nothing sexy about abnormally over-sized boobs that no bra exists to fit. Well, I suppose, to each their own, but it used to be more of a side fetish that's overcome the whole genre, and I just... geh. No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I think it's meant to be a suprise that's why FMP is not on the cover. Of course I'm just hoping.

Oh well three more weeks to be very happy or very depress.
Mm, true. I was thinking "But normally they have it plastered all over when there's a new anime!" but then I realized that's AFTER the announcement has already been made and they're on to advertising. Still hopeful~
Old 2013-07-02, 01:14   Link #7137
MisterBaka

Quote:
There is nothing sexy about abnormally over-sized boobs that no bra exists to fit. Well, I suppose, to each their own, but it used to be more of a side fetish that's overcome the whole genre, and I just... geh. No.
Completely agree.
Imagine Kaname with a set of... those... things... Eeeeeewwwww.
I need to un-think about this.
Old 2013-07-03, 18:13   Link #7138
Yye1
Wide Right

Hey dont diss Highschool DxD, everybody has their own tastes, and im not surprised that its on the cover considering that the new anime is about to air and the new game announcement

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 14:27   Link #7139
SkoolRumble4Ya

They just listed 15th anniversary FMP bluray box set collection. My hope is rising more.

Last edited by SkoolRumble4Ya; 2013-07-04 at 14:44.
Old 2013-07-04, 15:12   Link #7140
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolrumble4ya View Post
they just listed 15th anniversary fmp bluray box set collection. My hope is rising more.
DESHI BASARA!!!
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen