Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 15:00   Link #321
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I actually mean post-Oda victory. Pardon her again? Historically, it's another section in the tale of Nobunaga's brutality..
Well considering the scans of Vol. 8 and 9, something happens that results in Nagamasa and Shingen surviving...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 15:23   Link #322
Athena
The Power of One

Is there anyone who dies? If relatively important character manages to survive, it'd be kinda boring. At least close to death.
Old 2012-07-25, 15:57   Link #323
Mechatrill

Okay, me again. I know I said I'm not going any further, but I couldn't help it...

So here's volume 5, chapters 1-4

Spoiler:

And that's the last of my summaries, period. Unless someone can find me a Chinese translation of the rest of volume 5 (I can't find anymore on the lightnovel Chinese site), this is as far as I read for Oda Nobuna no Yabou. I'll be eagerly awaiting any further spoilers, summaries, or actual translations eagerly with everyone else.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:02   Link #324
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Okay, me again. I know I said I'm not going any further, but I couldn't help it...

So here's volume 5, chapters 1-4

Spoiler:

And that's the last of my summaries, period. Unless someone can find me a Chinese translation of the rest of volume 5 (I can't find anymore on the lightnovel Chinese site), this is as far as I read for Oda Nobuna no Yabou. I'll be eagerly awaiting any further spoilers, summaries, or actual translations eagerly with everyone else.
WHAT-THE-HECK .. Even they survive!? Japan will NEVER get united in this world >_>
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:09   Link #325
Ghanw
(-_-)

Thank you so much for the summaries Mechatraill
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:09   Link #326
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Sigh, MC why you derp so hard? Well, I guess it's good that a bishoujo lives, but it's going to cost him...
Old 2012-07-25, 16:16   Link #327
zero-wizard

Hi there everyone.
I have one question:
All the girls fell in love in the MC??
Oda clan??
zero-wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:16   Link #328
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Sigh, MC why you derp so hard? Well, I guess it's good that a bishoujo lives, but it's going to cost him...
Quote from some manga which I forgot the title: "As long as they're cute, it's ok."
Old 2012-07-25, 16:19   Link #329
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Quote from some manga which I forgot the title: "As long as they're cute, it's ok."
The thousands of nameless grunts sacrificed as a result would like to disagree...
Old 2012-07-25, 16:21   Link #330
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
The thousands of nameless grunts sacrificed as a result would like to disagree...
Yep.. Willing to die to defend the 500 retreating troops.. but okay to indirectly cause the death of thousands more.. :<
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:37   Link #331
Mechatrill

Girls who I can confirm for sure as fallen for the MC as of my latest summary:

Spoiler:

I'll be conservative and draw the line here. The rest of the females of Oda do have some amount of affection for him, but again, I'm going to be super conservative and regulate their affection levels to that of friends and family for now...

Again, this is only the relationship statuses up to volume 5 chapter 4. Things may very well have changed upon future volumes.

Here's an additional teaser on the subject of the possibility of a harem end:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-25, 16:39   Link #332
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Monkey is so lucky.....:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for What Juubei-chan looked like:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:40   Link #333
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Yep.. Willing to die to defend the 500 retreating troops.. but okay to indirectly cause the death of thousands more.. :<
In LNs, there's always the "screw the world" thingy that's annoying.
Old 2012-07-25, 16:41   Link #334
Mechatrill

Okay, actually, the Chinese translations I read didn't have any pictures. Can someone point me toward where I can fine the illustrations for the volumes?
Old 2012-07-25, 16:43   Link #335
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Okay, actually, the Chinese translations I read didn't have any pictures. Can someone point me toward where I can fine the illustrations for the volumes?
Tha weird. Either they are included in the novels or before/afte the afterword. Unless you download it as text version. If it's the case, you shouldn't expect them.
Old 2012-07-25, 16:52   Link #336
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll see if I can get all the illustrations from volume 1 to 8.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:57   Link #337
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Thanks for the summaries Mech, we wouldn't know how things went without you.
Old 2012-07-25, 17:02   Link #338
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Girls who I can confirm for sure as fallen for the MC as of my latest summary:

Spoiler:

I'll be conservative and draw the line here. The rest of the females of Oda do have some amount of affection for him, but again, I'm going to be super conservative and regulate their affection levels to that of friends and family for now...

Again, this is only the relationship statuses up to volume 5 chapter 4. Things may very well have changed upon future volumes.

Here's an additional teaser on the subject of the possibility of a harem end:
Spoiler:
I guess it really depends on the author's notes then, most author's will hint or outright state what's going to happen in the relationship department. DxD's author (Ishibumi) for instance, has more or less outright stated it's going to be a harem (in one or mroe of the author's notes), it's only dependent on how long it takes for Issei to develop (deeper) romantic feelings for the others...
Old 2012-07-25, 17:19   Link #339
Undertaker

Quote:
Well, the first clear sign is that she doesn't act like a tyrant. Note that this has some advantages and disadvantages, ex: when she went to Kyoto(?) her kindness made the takeover much easier, no rebellions or anything, but on the other hand she's much more emotional, and completely dysfunctional without the MC. This is something that the current generation of LN's do very well in my opinion, expressing how much the cast relies on the MC. They did it in Index, DxD, and now Nobuna. It's a very interesting concept.
The problem is that in real history, that was also what Oda did. His army was said to be disciplined compared to other who had entered Kyoto and there were no disruption to the people.

The only times when he was ruthless was when it was against openly declared enemy.

Even the burning of Enryaku-ji monastery on Mt. Hiei. While is was still cruel, but it was because the monastery granted sanctuary for Azai-Asakura alliance force. Not only that they took up arms as well, and during that time it was also been said that the monks in the temple broke every Buddhist rules imaginable with women, alcohol, meat, bare arms, and doing anything but practice Buddhism. Simple put they were like what Catholic Churches was during the Crusade but worse.

Ikkō-ikki rebel were also instigate by the Hongan-ji, the head monastery at time, once Hongan-ji was destroy the rebellion never occurred again afterward for the Maeda Clan who was later given that area to govern.

Lastly the annihilation of Iga-clans, again that was because the Iga-clans refused to surrender and takes arm.

While all these thing are still terrible, they are not uncommon in the period, Takeda, Uesugi, etc. all had done things similar to these. Heck, Takeda was known to use the capturde peasants as mine slaves and prosititues.

People tend to forget that as time of Nobunaga, those who were under his rule had the highest living standard compare to those of other Daimyo and that after he united his clan, almost none of his retainers that followed him since Owari/Mino time ever betrayed him when betrayal was common place during that period.

I even gave his brother a second chance, many people forget that Nobuyuki rebelled twice. First time Nobuyuki had the advantage with the support of most retainers as well as the main Oda family. Nobuyuki was put down and Nobunaga earned the retainer's royalty, then Nobuyuki tried to assassinate Nobunaga literally forcing Nobunaga's hand.

Again, some scholar concluded that when looking through historical records, you'll notice that the none of the records at time, showed anyone to speak ill of Nobunaga's rule. There are record saying he was moody and quick to temple, but at same time he was a just man. All the records that speak directly ill of him all comes during Edo Period after Tokugawa establishes his Shogunate. So take what you will.

Quote:
Try here, this is the website I go to before any LN series was licensed in Taiwan.

http://book.sfacg.com/Novel/8945/MainIndex/
Old 2012-07-25, 17:23   Link #340
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Meh, what can I say? Author's love drama, and what bigger drama than Nobunaga being evil?

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem