AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 14:06   Link #1
myz_arcane

On the hunt for a cute anime virtual chat world! Help would be appreciated! n_n

Hello everyone ~
So, I'm not sure whether any of you are familiar with AWOLnow or TinierMe, so here a few screen caps C:

AWOLnow:

TinierMe:

I can't even begin to explain how much I miss the first site pictured ;_; So, granted, I very much enjoyed AWOLnow while it was still around. Both games were shut down though both were really great. The thing I liked most about AWOLnow was the community as well as the colorful world, the customization and so forth. I've been trying literally for months now to find some thing close to this....

At the moment I'm playing IMVU and Spirit Tales. I enjoy Spirit Tales because of the cutesy/ anime atmosphere though I do wish it were more chat-based. IMVU is great as well though the graphic style isn't /that/ ideal as I prefer something somewhat more simple. And a lot of the people on there are assholes though that's inevitable for any site.

I would appreciate it tremendously if you all could help be find a chat that suits my fancy! In favor of this I can help any who may need help in finding a game that fits their own 'fancies'. C:
myz_arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 21:19   Link #2
ema

Quote:
Originally Posted by myz_arcane View Post
Hello everyone ~
So, I'm not sure whether any of you are familiar with AWOLnow or TinierMe, so here a few screen caps C:

AWOLnow:

TinierMe:

I can't even begin to explain how much I miss the first site pictured ;_; So, granted, I very much enjoyed AWOLnow while it was still around. Both games were shut down though both were really great. The thing I liked most about AWOLnow was the community as well as the colorful world, the customization and so forth. I've been trying literally for months now to find some thing close to this....

At the moment I'm playing IMVU and Spirit Tales. I enjoy Spirit Tales because of the cutesy/ anime atmosphere though I do wish it were more chat-based. IMVU is great as well though the graphic style isn't /that/ ideal as I prefer something somewhat more simple. And a lot of the people on there are assholes though that's inevitable for any site.

I would appreciate it tremendously if you all could help be find a chat that suits my fancy! In favor of this I can help any who may need help in finding a game that fits their own 'fancies'. C:
Hi there I know you posted this in 2013 so I'm not sure if you are still active on this forum, hopefully you are because I have the same question as you but I also have an answer. So first of all let me just say that I understand how you feel 100% because I started playing AWOLnow when I was around 11 years old. I LOVED it so much, especially because of the fact that I had a friend who loved the game and after school we would talk about meeting up on AWOLnow and chilling in the rooms and stuff. It was so fun and always gave me this feeling of love, inspiration, excitement, joy! I loved how the world looked and the avatars, especially their cute eyes! I stopped playing AWOLnow when I was around 13-14 years old because my friend had stopped so I felt kind of weird playing it with strangers at first. But then I went back to it to only find out that the website and game no longer exists...

I then went on to play Habbo Hotel and started to really like it however it's not anime style and also had bad graphics. After awhile I kind of gave up on all virtual world games until I started playing IMVU but IMVU was kind of complicated for me too, it didn't seem like AWOLnow at all and wasn't really cute and girly. There was also a lot of hate on there, I would say hi to someone and they would basically be like "go away". It just pushed me away from playing the game.

So then after a couple years go by, at 18 I found this app in the app store on my phone (IOS and Android) called Line Play. It's VERY VERY similar to AWOLnow, it looks very similar and the avatars are actually even nicer in my opinion. It's super anime and almost everyone on there is all about the whole anime and cute, girl style. I fell in love with the game, in fact I spent almost 5000$ or maybe more in google play cards to buy extra items for my avatar. But after about 3 years of being on the game, things started to go wrong, for example for some reason there started to be a lot of trolls and haters on the game. When I first started everyone was super nice and friendly but it changed for some odd reason and a lot of people noticed it. Most of the people on there are young (12-17) on average.

But there was a good amount of people my age as well (18-24) and I made friends with those people and everything was great but then they decided to quit because they were all in college and had so much work to do they couldn't find the time anymore to go on and hangout anymore. I also experienced some bullying from people on there that I don't even know or people I did know and were pretending to be someone else, that's a whole other long story that i'm trying to forget but it pushed me away from going back to the game because it hurt me and gave me anxiety. But it's been several months that I haven't been on and I want to go back really badly, I miss it a lot. I feel like I moved passed what happened and i'm ready to go back and ignore the people just fooling around. But at the same time i'm still looking for another game like it because there's a lot of cons, even though it's extremely similar to AWOLnow.

Pros:
-The closest you can get to AWOLnow...(I have found so far)
-Super nice graphics
-Super nice avatars and worlds
-Chat rooms
-Exciting, interesting, fun

Cons:
-A lot of people out of my age group (20's)
-A lot of people fooling around and messing with people
-Missing the feeling of "virtual world" since it's an app on a phone and not a PC game

Now let me just point out that if you decide to check this app out, you will see the pictures and say to yourself that it looks nothing like AWOLnow, but the pictures and app icon are not really the best symbol for the actual game. Those avatars they are showing are lacking the anime style, but once you get inside the game you will see that there are TONS of anime style and fantasy style options to pick from and the avatars are SUPER customization. If you want to see an example I can send you pictures of my avatar in different clothes and eyes.

So I know this isn't really much help since the game has cons that could be deal breaker but so far it's the closest thing that I found to AWOLnow and I'm still searching for another game mainly on the PC. Let me know if you found anything!

ema is offline   Reply With Quote