Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-11, 21:41   Link #7821
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Where did the career summary on the webprofile go? There was one that showed you how you placed for every season.

Edit: it seems to be only in game...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-08-11 at 22:02.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 01:02   Link #7822
Kyuu
=^^=

Now for some more LoL

Spoiler:
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 01:10   Link #7823
paladinenvec

Hahaha that was awesome!!!
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 12:51   Link #7824
paladinenvec

Starcraft 2 First expansion is coming up on beta soon what are your expectations about it??
For me is a way to play terran BW-like i know that it won't be the same but i really loved Terran Mech in BW so i hope that we can see something like that on HoTS, i already have been playing the HotS mod made by XenoX and there are some good things like the warhound and battle hellions but the mine was kind of useless with that timer if you want to use it like a spidermine.
And well Zerg is op once you have enough swarm hosts is really difficult to advance so i really wish that they change this on the beta.
Old 2012-08-21, 13:04   Link #7825
Who

Tanks are going to become even worse in TvZ. Mass speedling/infestor style is going to receive a huge buff from Vipers and burrow charge Ultralisks.

The mine has also been changed to explode instantly, but with reduced splash.

The expansion's going to be a huge qq-fest and I expect severe nerfs to go down almost instantly to just about every new unit.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 13:41   Link #7826
paladinenvec

I think that in order for tanks to be better is that they need to require less supply, with more supply you can be more reactive to what the opponent is doing.
The widow mine change is good i think is better for them to work kinda like spider mines ahhh i want the beta to start now is been so long since i have been playing SC2 seriously...
Old 2012-08-21, 20:21   Link #7827
Kyuu
=^^=

Expansion is soon? Oh right. That explains the complete interface make-over.
Old 2012-08-26, 08:16   Link #7828
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Watched MLG for the past two days: I have to say this year's Raleigh is the worst MLG in a year.

There were some technical issues, a lot of empty seats, and also for some reason the stream picker has a hard on for idra and kept showing his games. Meanwhile, other heroes such as hero, taeja, crank, leenock, stephano have largely been ignored until towards the end of the night... until they decide to close it off with yet another idra game.

The amount of empty seats @ raleigh is a major disappointment. Worlds of differences from the last MLG event where they brought in the kespa players.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 23:39   Link #7829
paladinenvec

HOTS Closed beta has begun =o! as expected most of the people invited are pro's =/ ...
Old 2012-09-05, 00:49   Link #7830
Who

I just played against a Masters Terran and he was raging about how his friend got a beta invite and he didn't, even though he plays like 4x more than his friend.

Then he proceeds to walk into siege lines with his MMM ball repeatedly and wonders how I can just sit there and win.

Wasn't in a good enough mood to just ignore him, so I told him that his stupidity demonstrated why Blizz didn't choose him for a beta key.

My moment of immaturity aside, anyone else get invites?
Old 2012-09-05, 00:59   Link #7831
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Random is random. I suspect his frustration got the better of him.

Although some of my closer friends and I have a pretty bad habit of sharing accounts along with authenticators. So if any of us got into beta we will eventually have the opportunity to play our hearts out.

Putting that aside, people are hard at work to update HotS test maps. It would be the "same game" with different unit graphics. You can also brag about being able to play on tournament quality maps instead of the horribly imba maps blizzard included with the beta (custom maps are disabled atm).
Old 2012-09-05, 01:38   Link #7832
Kyuu
=^^=

I picked a crappy day to have my Battle.net account locked. On top of that, I used an alias name that I cannot remember right now... instead of my real name.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:29   Link #7833
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well will have to get by watching videos and hope to get lucky with the beta invites. Either that or just be patient and wait for the pre-orders to start up and hope they include beta access like for WoL.
Old 2012-09-05, 10:10   Link #7834
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Damn gamers who got the HotS beta and goes on to 6-gate zealot-stalker all-in people. Seriously wtf! /rant
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:40   Link #7835
Tom Bombadil

I used to watch a lot of starcraft pro-scene, but during the Olympics I started to think about the difference between athletes and pro-gamers. One big difference between the two "sports" is actually the longevity of the sport itself. Some of the sports like tennis or basketball probably will last forever. As a result, athletes have more options after the height of their career, they can become casters, coaches, etc.. One the other hand, the pro-gaming scene usually ties too much to the game or game company itself. There probably won't be another game that last as long as starcraft I. The Warcraft III scene has already died. I don't pay much attention to Counter Strike but I think it has died, too. Of course, there are options of transferring to a new game. But again, that's a pretty unpredictable future. So what do a pro-gamer do if the very foundation of their career, the game itself, is phased out by other titles?
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:51   Link #7836
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I used to watch a lot of starcraft pro-scene, but during the Olympics I started to think about the difference between athletes and pro-gamers. One big difference between the two "sports" is actually the longevity of the sport itself. Some of the sports like tennis or basketball probably will last forever. As a result, athletes have more options after the height of their career, they can become casters, coaches, etc.. One the other hand, the pro-gaming scene usually ties too much to the game or game company itself. There probably won't be another game that last as long as starcraft I. The Warcraft III scene has already died. I don't pay much attention to Counter Strike but I think it has died, too. Of course, there are options of transferring to a new game. But again, that's a pretty unpredictable future. So what do a pro-gamer do if the very foundation of their career, the game itself, is phased out by other titles?
I think the major problem is that most "sports" are very easy to understand with a lot of action constantly going on. Basketball, soccer, etc, all comes to putting the ball at the right place.

In sc2 things are a lot more complicated, and no-so-patient viewers might get bored after the first 5 minutes of a macro game...
Old 2012-09-05, 22:42   Link #7837
paladinenvec

1 day and the people are starting to bitch about balance, the 2 fact warhound-hellion and swarmhost rushes seem to be pretty strong ,IMO they should change warhound a little and lower the supply of the tank from 3 to 2.
Old 2012-09-05, 22:49   Link #7838
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
1 day and the people are starting to bitch about balance, the 2 fact warhound-hellion and swarmhost rushes seem to be pretty strong ,IMO they should change warhound a little and lower the supply of the tank from 3 to 2.
Remove thor and warhound and give back goliath imo. Terran has no factory based AA which makes dealing with Air switches very difficult if you're going factory heavy, but at the same time warhounds are stupid OP against protoss ground when combined with firebats battle hellions. Really polarizing results. Costs less min/gas/supply and has more health than a siege and moves as faster as a stalker, whilst doing more dps, but hellion/warhound gets completely dominated by any presence of air (and Thor AA sucks ass, not to mention they are fat and slow).

The damage of locusts needs to be be nerfed imo. Whilst not as potent as in ZvT (marines and siege tanks mop them up pretty nicely... its the viper that needs to be feared instead), in ZvP they are an absolute menace. Not even trading energy (infested terrans) for units anymore... it's trading cooldown for units.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 00:53   Link #7839
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
Well it is a Beta so obviously there's going to be a lot of work arounds.

Quote:
Remove thor and warhound and give back goliath imo. Terran has no factory based AA which makes dealing with Air switches very difficult if you're going factory heavy, but at the same time warhounds are stupid OP against protoss ground when combined with firebats battle hellions. Really polarizing results. Costs less min/gas/supply and has more health than a siege and moves as faster as a stalker, whilst doing more dps, but hellion/warhound gets completely dominated by any presence of air (and Thor AA sucks ass, not to mention they are fat and slow).
I still don't understand this argument. It's like people are glorifying the Goliath when it isn't that great.

The Goliath's AA weapon is anti-armored which means it'd only be good against heavy air armored units. For Zerg that's the corrupter and brood lord but the Viking alone is better at eliminating those guys. Heck the broodlord can't even target it to begin with and the Viking's air capabilities allows it to react faster.

The Thor fills the other AA weapon in dealing with light armored air units which is the Muta. Therefore the Goliath would be useless in a fight as it cannot match against Mutas and the Viking fills its role better. The Thor's heavy HP and firepower makes it a strong unit in Ground combat so long as it's supported.

I don't see where the Warhound would come in though against the Zerg since it's speciality is anti-mech(which begs the question why would Blizz add in a unit that's only good against a certain race?)

In regards to Protoss it's difficult going mech against them as Terran to begin with and I see the Warhound as a way of opening up mech against Protoss. And it's balanced by the fact you need either Vikings or Marines to back them up. Another problem with Protoss is feedback and unfortunately the Thor and BC have that so it's not a good idea to use them from experience.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 07:39   Link #7840
Who

Goliaths were actually used in TvZ to deter Mutalisk play back in Brood War. Their firing rate and range actually offset the fact that Mutas received only 50% damage from them. In fact, I think they'd do better against mutas than Thors in the current game simply because of cost, firing rate and because they can't be magic boxed.

Warhounds are way too good against Zerg, even though Zerg doesn't have a single mech unit. Most of the streams I watched involved the pro players rushing 5-6 warhounds and marines, which directly counters queen first builds, roach builds and can even hold its own against speedling/baneling builds.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows