Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-22, 20:28   Link #141
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Awesome. I joined up even though I do not play the older daybreaks anymore. Once you go MegaEdition, there was no turning back for me

I am though trying to find a PC version of Higurashi Jan... thought there was one *shrug*
Old 2010-04-01, 00:09   Link #142
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
First update in some time.

The big news is that, thanks to WarriorKK, Team Twins (Mion / Shion) is fully translated.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cnqmntwzqjc (Main patch)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hmwwjmtxdzu (Subbed Mion / Shion ending video, optional)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4KW400RW (Subbed Prologue, optional)

Lesser news is that other language patches are now possible; there's a Vietnamese patch that does Team Twins (link on my blogspot account). If you want to work on translating Daybreak into any other language, drop me a message.
Old 2010-04-09, 09:55   Link #143
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

My megaedition vids got marked for infringement all at once by alchemist and my account got disabled

We have disabled the following material as a result of a third-party notification from 株式会社アルケミスト claiming that this material is infringing
Old 2010-04-09, 11:15   Link #144
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
I see... that's why there's no ME videos on Nicodouga, except gameplay, battle clips.
My little brother has lost his PSP. I want to see Shion-Satoshi story mode, but now...

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
Old 2010-04-09, 12:56   Link #145
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

You want shion and Satoshi -full mode storyline. I could do it up for you
Kinda have to pick up the pieces and recover from this youtube thing first though. I was almost finished subbing the Higurahi chika movie, now my notes for part 9 to 15 are lost, I only had some proofing to do :P
Old 2010-05-04, 19:36   Link #146
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Just out of curiosity, has anyone managed to get it running on Windows 7? I've tweaked around with it a lot over the last few days, and I haven't had any luck beyond getting it to run for about 20 minutes. Then the screen stops updating, but the game continues playing in the background. Once in a blue moon, it will crash with an unhandled exception. Makes me think there's something screwy in the functions for updating the frame.

Tried running it on only one core (since I know it's not multicore friendly, and I'm running a Phenom II X4), various compatibility modes, limiting the pixel shader levels via 3DAnalyzer, tweaking various other things in 3DAnalyzer, but it always locks up after a while. Happens with raw Daybreak and Kai, at all patch levels.

Running it in Virtualbox with XP SP3 installed and using WineD3D for the Direct3D calls "works" but the frame rate sucks, and it's borderline playable at best.

I had hoped to find some kind of fix in time for a LAN party in a few weeks, since I know of a few other anime junkies who are attending, and I know they'd get a kick out of it. Wish I had the source code for it. If I had the sauce, I could figure this out in minutes.
Old 2010-05-04, 20:53   Link #147
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

My friends are also using Windows 7. Most of them play normally, it just takes more time for screen changing.
One of them met some errors, he thought that because Windows 7's final version.

Other question, what kind of softwares will you use for Netplay?
We connect through IRC, turn-off all firewalls, forward some ports...

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Old 2010-05-04, 21:05   Link #148
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Haven't really played around with the netplay yet. I've mostly been trying to make it work at all.

Do you know what hardware your friends are using? Mostly video card-wise, I mean. Occasionally some issues came up that made me think it just wasn't playing nice with my driver build / brand. I tested on my laptop as well, but also uses an Nvidia card, as does my desktop, so it's not really much of a comparison. Same errors, too.

It's very strange. I've seen reports of it running just fine on Vista & 7, and other reports of it being a hopeless endeavor. Seems to have less to do with the OS than it does some other factor.
Old 2010-05-21, 02:28   Link #149
Shinigamiangel
Dream Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone managed to get it running on Windows 7? I've tweaked around with it a lot over the last few days, and I haven't had any luck beyond getting it to run for about 20 minutes. Then the screen stops updating, but the game continues playing in the background. Once in a blue moon, it will crash with an unhandled exception. Makes me think there's something screwy in the functions for updating the frame.

Tried running it on only one core (since I know it's not multicore friendly, and I'm running a Phenom II X4), various compatibility modes, limiting the pixel shader levels via 3DAnalyzer, tweaking various other things in 3DAnalyzer, but it always locks up after a while. Happens with raw Daybreak and Kai, at all patch levels.

Running it in Virtualbox with XP SP3 installed and using WineD3D for the Direct3D calls "works" but the frame rate sucks, and it's borderline playable at best.

I had hoped to find some kind of fix in time for a LAN party in a few weeks, since I know of a few other anime junkies who are attending, and I know they'd get a kick out of it. Wish I had the source code for it. If I had the sauce, I could figure this out in minutes.
I'm having the same problems with Windows 7 and I also have a Phenom II X4. I've tried pretty much everything you've mentioned as well. Switching its affinity to a single core kinda works, but only lasts for maybe 10-15 minutes if I'm lucky.

What video card are you using? This happened on both Nvidia 8600GT and 9800GTX+ for me.
Old 2010-05-23, 16:40   Link #150
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigamiangel View Post
I'm having the same problems with Windows 7 and I also have a Phenom II X4. I've tried pretty much everything you've mentioned as well. Switching its affinity to a single core kinda works, but only lasts for maybe 10-15 minutes if I'm lucky.

What video card are you using? This happened on both Nvidia 8600GT and 9800GTX+ for me.
8800GTS, 512mb edition.

It makes me wonder if this is some sort of Nvidia issue. I had a friend try it at the LAN party yesterday, and he couldn't make it work, but that was a Vista issue. I wanted to get the guy with Win 7 and an ATi card to try it, but then we got distracted and ended up watching Trigun for about four hours instead. :heh
Old 2010-05-31, 17:03   Link #151
snsninja

Um I just got higurashi daybreak today and it works fine until gameplay.
At first it would stop there with an error but i fixed that by updating something.
Now when I try to play it will last for about half a minute at best and everything on screen keeps flickering.
Spoiler for example:

daybreak DX used to at least pop up but now it just shows up for a second then dissappears.
Is there any way to fix this? (I use a laptop with windows7)
Old 2010-05-31, 23:11   Link #152
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's a shame noone goes the simple route and just imports the PSP game from Japan. D=

Saves ya the stress of trying to download and play a more annoying to set up and outdated version.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-06-01 at 01:17.
Old 2010-06-01, 00:56   Link #153
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

No.

There're still people who are playing PC ver. like me. We just don't use Windows7 and don't meet any problem like that while playing.
With PC ver., we can play together. It's really fun than only you.
I played PSP ver. too. But personally, I think PC ver. is better.

Compare with Japanese players, we're still nothing. But I dare say, there's noone of you can deal with one of our members.
Our recent playing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJOjvw6dUQ

Old 2010-06-01, 01:20   Link #154
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Meh, I'm not really a big multiplayer gamer so that's why I disagree.

I'd rather have a version with more features that I can use than better multiplayer. Plus playing with a keyboard is too annoying.

I guess not everyone can afford to get a PSP itself anyway so whatevs.
Old 2010-06-01, 01:48   Link #155
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'd rather have a version with more features that I can use than better multiplayer. Plus playing with a keyboard is too annoying.
You can use any gamepad for PC ver.
Playing alone... I wonder how long you will play this game?

Old 2010-06-01, 01:58   Link #156
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
Well I haven't played it for a while so you got me there. I haven't finished unlocking everything yet either (playing the PSP Mega Edition).

I have a lot of other games to play too, but I'm sure I'll pick it up again eventually. I usually always do that for every game I own.

All in all though I just don't see the reason for myself to play the PC version anymore cause it doesn''t have any meaningful advantages over the PSP one. Its absence helps my dwindling harddrive space too.
Old 2010-06-01, 09:26   Link #157
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
There's a partial English translation for the PC version.

Also, I'd like to know how well my patch works across systems. I can only directly test it on XP, and I've heard problems from a person on Windows 7. Did I do something in my patch that W7 doesn't like, or is it just him? http://rogerpepitone.blogspot.com/20...cher-with.html

Last edited by rogerpepitone; 2010-06-01 at 09:52.
Old 2010-06-13, 12:26   Link #158
Shinigamiangel
Dream Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
You can use any gamepad for PC ver.
I've played this game in single player for years now and I still go back to it often. The only problem is that the Windows 7 issue kind of prevents me from playing for a long time...

While I would like to try multiplayer, it is way too laggy even on a fast connection. Even on LAN, it's not exactly lag-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
8800GTS, 512mb edition.

It makes me wonder if this is some sort of Nvidia issue. I had a friend try it at the LAN party yesterday, and he couldn't make it work, but that was a Vista issue. I wanted to get the guy with Win 7 and an ATi card to try it, but then we got distracted and ended up watching Trigun for about four hours instead. :heh
I'm not sure if you've tried this, but I just disabled all cores except 1 in the startup configuration and it seemed to play okay. I played for about 40 minutes in total on two separate times of starting the game. Occasionally there was a half second of lag, which I suspect is when it would normally crash. It's obviously not very convenient since you'd have to switch and restart every single time you want to play Daybreak, but it seems to work.

Before, I've tried setting affinity for running programs to every core except the one Daybreak is using and it (seemed) to prolong the game. I didn't set affinity to all the background processes though so maybe doing that would have a similar effect as setting it to a single core on startup and letting Daybreak truly run on it's own core.

Last edited by Shinigamiangel; 2010-06-13 at 13:21.
Old 2010-06-13, 15:25   Link #159
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

hmm... Well, I haven't tried that. So far, I've only tried setting core affinity, since that didn't require a restart.

Now that my file server is no longer confined to a virtualbox installation on my gaming machine, I can disable cores and restart and do whatever I want, though.
Old 2010-07-06, 10:40   Link #160
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Interesting... Actually disabling all but one core seems to work quite nicely. It hangs strangely at times, which I believe is when it would normally quit working, but usually not for more than half a second or so (which can be disastrous admittedly, but not as much as having it totally die on you). To me, this makes it seem like some kind of poorly structured thread handling within the code, coupled with some kind of bugged multi-core support. I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually a very simple fix.
Closed Thread