Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-14, 13:56   Link #21
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
But I for myself can sense that I will have an afterlife. It will be the way I feel I can just smell it. But that is for me. I cannot say that to anyone else.
I don't deny the possibility that there is an afterlife. But do we know what that afterlife will be like? As I said, we, as living beings, can't possible know what life after death is. That is why I prefer not to think about it. It's a waste of time when you can do more productive things as a living human being.

Quote:
still we do have a choice on earth to be moral that is for sure. but we can also ignore morality and if we do we begin to fear death. That is what I discovered. Even if you are not christian or anything people fear death more if they do something really bad.
That's certainly true. Whether or not heaven or hel exists, I believe in a good and bad "death" more than a good or bad "afterlife." I said the same in the religion thread. If you live well, be kind to others, caring for your family and loved ones, then you can die happily as there will be people who love you when you leave this world. You will die happily because you have achieved something out of life, and the best way to do that is to not worry about what comes after death. You know you will die happily if you made the right choices and stood up for yourself and your friends.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 19:03   Link #22
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Middle and High School is my definition of hell. Especially High School...."best four years of your life" my ass.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 20:37   Link #23
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Hell is in general the ultimate negative feeling. It is assosiated with, pain, suffering, despair, terror, unability to react and more. It is as you can easily figure by these words a mental state. It is not a physical existing place, besides individual perception of the term. For some high school can be hell, for others it can be the best time in their lives.

When the brain dies and rots, so do the thoughts that generate the notion of hell (or anything else for the same matter). Therefore, since you don't think when you are dead, then you stop being hunted by this notion. If something survives death, then it is not hunted or punished by matters of... physical matter.

In a few words, it is only based on the eye of the beholder. And I don't mean the D&D monster. It is a personal thought of a worst possible scenario and nothing else.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 20:42   Link #24
john_kun
Banned

that was good post.

hell is negative. here we go making progress
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 20:49   Link #25
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
high school for sure. as well as my chidhood when living with my mom.

I'd think being stuck in a room watching re-runs of Barney would qualify too.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 22:07   Link #26
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Hell is a town in Michigan. There are other Hells in other places, but they're really their own pocket dimension and even if you go to the Hell in California or Norway, you will encounter the same people and surroundings. They will be cordial and accommodating and seem perfectly normal face-to-face, but if you see them in the corner of your eye, they will look strange. If you stay there longer than 27 hours their faces will shift into those of every person you've ever wronged, directly or indirectly, and their manner will turn unfriendly.
Old 2010-02-14, 22:24   Link #27
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Hell is watching one of your closest friends suffer for something that isn't her fault and knowing the best you can do is be the shoulder she cries on and the person she can talk to about it. Jesus, I wish I could give her a hug right now.
Old 2010-02-14, 22:31   Link #28
hinakatbklyn

I've never witnessed it, and I pray I never do (not here nor in the afterlife). Cities, towns, villages, countries that have war day in and day out, and for that matter those that have gone through natural disasters (like an earthquake), if that is not hell, I don't know what is.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 00:27   Link #29
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think the Chinese descriptions of Hell are pretty badass. Considering the fact that "hell" in Chinese is literally "Prison in the Earth" and that there are specialized "courts" where sinners get pwned and then reborn as pigs, this makes it all the more hardcore.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 02:03   Link #30
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Religion:
Some Christians believe it is a complete disconnect from God. They say on earth you can only take a look through a keyhole to see God and Heaven, and then that door will be open if you are worthy and die and go to Heaven. However, hell is supposedly a total disconnect from any possibility of going to heaven and there is no connection to God whatsoever.

I've always enjoyed the circles of hell idea though.
Old 2010-02-15, 02:36   Link #31
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Hell is watching one of your closest friends suffer for something that isn't her fault and knowing the best you can do is be the shoulder she cries on and the person she can talk to about it
Hell is being left alone in the world, with the memories of your friends slowly fading away...then you're sad and you don't even know why.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 02:56   Link #32
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Hell is waking up with a nasty hangover and finding out you ran out of coffee and cigarette on a public holiday.

But to be honest, Hell is the stick and Heaven is the carrot and we, are the mule.
Old 2010-02-15, 08:48   Link #33
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
how did he describe it? gimme some Intel on that one please.
He describe it as nine levels. Where each level is for diferent sinners.
For example:
The worst one will go to the nine level, where all the good one will go to the first level, meaning the last being hell and the higheast being heaven. Betven will go diferent sinners who commited less crimes against god. Such as cheating to your husband/wife and others things like that. Depending on how worst the sin is, some people from lover levels will be able to go up if they show sincere regret for the sins they commited.
While those who wont show regret will be devored by the devil himself in hell.
Also he said that there is a tenth level that is made purely of energy and that only people from this level will be able to meat (so to speak) god.

I would like to recomend you his books, for you to by them or rent them from public library.
Old 2010-02-15, 08:51   Link #34
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hell is the ultimate punishment as Heaven is the ultimate reward.
Technically it's hard to live without believing in either because humans tend to be goal-driven creatures.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 09:32   Link #35
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Hell is waking up with a nasty hangover and finding out you ran out of coffee and cigarette on a public holiday.
So true.. Minus the coffee

I think hell is like prison except after you've died, I think the bad things you did that you were never punished for here, you get a sentence in hell for it. If you do well in hell you can go to heaven.

That's just purely my opinion though, hope it made sense

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 11:54   Link #36
Lio
Presence

Hell is...

The feeling of separation, the ego,

The concern for our own feelings of superiority or inferiority,

The moment we see others as objects,

The impulse to judge and reduce people to mental concepts,

The inability to relate to another human being and to love them for simply being human, like you.
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 15:03   Link #37
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
Hell is a town in Michigan. There are other Hells in other places, but they're really their own pocket dimension and even if you go to the Hell in California or Norway, you will encounter the same people and surroundings. They will be cordial and accommodating and seem perfectly normal face-to-face, but if you see them in the corner of your eye, they will look strange. If you stay there longer than 27 hours their faces will shift into those of every person you've ever wronged, directly or indirectly, and their manner will turn unfriendly.
haha nice one
Old 2010-02-15, 15:33   Link #38
ShadowSeed
Split of Alignment

Hell is when you know you could've done better, but you didn't. Hell is where we all will eventually go, as mankind is so lowly no spirit will be saved from eternal suffering. So, disregarding that, i'm going to have as much fun as i can while i'm still alive.

What Hell is? That is a question i don't know the complete answer to. I know bits and pieces, but we must complete this puzzle together.
Old 2010-02-15, 16:46   Link #39
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
He describe it as nine levels. Where each level is for diferent sinners.
For example:
The worst one will go to the nine level, where all the good one will go to the first level, meaning the last being hell and the higheast being heaven. Betven will go diferent sinners who commited less crimes against god. Such as cheating to your husband/wife and others things like that. Depending on how worst the sin is, some people from lover levels will be able to go up if they show sincere regret for the sins they commited.
While those who wont show regret will be devored by the devil himself in hell.
Also he said that there is a tenth level that is made purely of energy and that only people from this level will be able to meat (so to speak) god.

I would like to recomend you his books, for you to by them or rent them from public library.
this sounds terribly similar to Dantes view of hell. well nine plains of hell does.

And thanks but I think I pass reading them
Old 2010-02-15, 16:54   Link #40
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Hell is also called Florida by some people.
Hell has been moving around lately...