Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-03-29, 20:30   Link #3881
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
You got Io for all the geothermal power you'll ever need as well.
Could work, but GN Drives should be enough for most power needs lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:32   Link #3882
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Moving much of humanity would a bit difficult as well. Sure we could get small probes to Jupiter in a year or so. But to build a ship for people...to get there....that's a different story.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:35   Link #3883
Natsuke

Quote:
Moving much of humanity would a bit difficult as well. Sure we could get small probes to Jupiter in a year or so. But to build a ship for people...to get there....that's a different story.
That's why there's a war for power. Jupiter has just begun to become a second world. Years have probably passed and millions have already immigrated; but of course the population isn't as big as Earth is yet; but that's all the more reason to gain power now, before the world gets too big.

Ribbons realizes that too, and thus he begins puppeteering the new world as he did before.
Natsuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:54   Link #3884
black_cat1

Quote:
Firstly they can build GN Drives at Jupiter and run on that infinite energy source.
Tau Drive can be built on Earth, only CB can make Original GN Drive.

May be the thing on Jupiter that we saw in the last scene will be new enemies. Alien appear?
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:55   Link #3885
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
For one thing, the 0 Gundam drive might've been destroyed. Who knows? It looks like it was pierced at the end of the ep.

There also might be a colony on Jupiter already that no one in CB has contact with. Maybe they'll be the new bad guys.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:58   Link #3886
black_cat1

Quote:
There also might be a colony on Jupiter already that no one in CB has contact with. Maybe they'll be the new bad guys.
I remember that colony had been destroyed when members of Corner family came
Old 2009-03-29, 20:59   Link #3887
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Tau Drive can be built on Earth, only CB can make Original GN Drive.

May be the thing on Jupiter that we saw in the last scene will be new enemies. Alien appear?
Ah, that's another thing.Though Tau Drives, aren't as good as the real ones, they are still MUCH more powerful than plasma engines used by other MS. So, they already have a pretty advanced form of power.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:31   Link #3888
jonli
JONLIの憂'

With the way how 00 tries to base everything in reality, I really doubt we'll see that much progression in the movie in terms of Jupiter development.

There's a reason why they didn't travel all the way to Jupiter to build GN Drives, most probably because it takes a heck of a long time to get there, build them and come back.

I doubt the movie would skip ahead in time THAT much to the point where Jupiter's moons are terraformed.

Setsuna and others would probably be dead by then.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:47   Link #3889
DV04

Quote:
Wasn't Celestial Being (the ship that Ribbons was on) suppose to be Noah's Ark? It was suppose to house a large population of humans to move to outer space right?
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 22:38   Link #3890
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I don't think anyone knows about that. Plus, it's just sitting in space, so, as of now. It's an ignored factor.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:54   Link #3891
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Now, why would the CB team want to head towards Jupiter? As of now, there is no imminent threat to the world, nor the peace. Things are in order.

Unless, they know something...
They might want to go to Jupiter to create GN Drives thats syncs perfectly/designed specifically for the TDS.

Aeolia's plan might include gathering a series of TDS units on specific points around the Earth to cover the entire world with TDS GN Particles to turn humanity into Innovators.

That, or another faction of Celestial Being from Jupiter will arrive to attempt to do that, whereas Setsuna's faction will fight them in order to let humanity choose their own evolution/path.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2009-03-29 at 23:05.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 00:56   Link #3892
gundam rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuke View Post
Prediction for 00 Movie (as stated in the Ep 25 thread):

- The world is united, but is divided in opinion about moving towards Jupiter.
- The wish for greed is once again revived in Jupiter and war once again begins.
- Celestial Being interferes.
- Setsuna still pilots the Exia, with the main crew of CB having four original GN Drives in possession, with the 0 Gundam's GN Drive considered destroyed against Ribbons Almark.
- Lockon pilots a new Gundam.
- Graham and Billy do not join Celestial Being, still continuing their loner ways as independent developer and ace pilot, though they are on peaceful terms with CB. Graham wishes to cease the war in Jupiter using the mech that Billy creates for him; another beautiful rendition of the Flag, Overflag, Masurao and Susanoo evolutionary line.
- Allelujah and Marie live on Earth peacefully in seclusion to atone for their sins, but Alleujah is contacted by CB once again, Allelujah once again fights in a new Gundam, and is able to "trigger" Hallelujah, but can choose to "killswitch" the connection.
- The 0 Gundam's GN Drive is found in Jupiter, salvaged by a dying Ribbons who uses his knowledge to develop a Veda-like system and implant himself deep inside Jupiter before the humans decide to immigrate there.
- Saji and Louise, by a series of unfortunate events, decide to move to Jupiter to celebrate their honeymoon after getting married, right at the time that war breaks out. Louise is forced to pilot an adandoned machine to escape death but is seperated with Saji during battle. Saji, wishing to find Louise, finds CB and pilots a Mobile Armor while Louise struggles to survive, but is captured by Ribbons.
- Patrick and Kati find themselves in the middle of an attack, but Patrick protects Kati. Kati thinks Patrick is dead the entire movie until he returns with Katharon.
- CB finds out that Ribbons and the Anti-Veda is the cause of this war, and that Ribbons, unable to cope that he cannot lead Earth into Innovation, captures Jupiter in an attempt to rule this planet and all its inhabitants and live as its God. Realizing that he is unable to do so without Veda, he creates a new Veda and attempts to replay the events of the past on Jupiter to rewrite his past mistakes off.
- Tieria returns in human form, but has the upmost connection to Veda, which his new Gundam uses to its advantage.
- Marina, now a figurehead for the Earth Federation, meets Setsuna once again, and Setsuna states he has found his happiness; as the protector from above.

- Ribbons is able to live by a GN Drive attached to his body. His body is so damaged that he uses nanomachines to keep his heart beating, and uses a GN Drive Tau as the source of energy to keep the machine on.
- Aoelia Schenburg is revealed to be a being from space far from Earth but within the solar system. He created the GN Drives to prepare humans to interact with the beings that Aoelia has already seen, but seeing Earth in conflict, he first uses the drives in his plan to unite the world. He as an actual alien has been able to live for hundreds of years, but his body is failing and so he places himself in cryogenic stasis, which is why it is impossible to find out the truth about how the GN Drive is developed. His second purpose for the unification of the world is to unite them in times of crisis against other beings, and so he develops the technology needed for them to be on equal par.

New Gundam Predictions:

Setsuna F. Seiei: Gundam Exia R2 ---> Gundam Infinity
Ribbons Almark: Gundam 00 Tau (Tau and Original Drive Mix)
Graham Aker: GN Double Overflag
did O-gundam drive really died!? no!! that is not true right!?, it can't be happening..............

NOOOOOOOOO!!! OOOOO-GUUUUUNDAAAMMMMMM!!!

R.I.P O-gundam....

you will always be remembered by setsunas & the gundam/mech otakus forever.....

damn!!, amuro dejavus!!!
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 01:21   Link #3893
Natsuke

lol what I'm basically saying is that the Jupiter scene in the end was what I was emphasizing:

The GN Drive in the center is the 0 Gundam's, and the scene portrays the four Gundam Meisters in their suits closing in on Jupiter to salvage the final GN Drive. That's my prediction and basis.

What I'd like for them to also emphasize is how "cursed" the 0 Gundam's GN Drive is. So many pilots have died from the use of that single GN Drive, and Ribbons, if he's alive, will no doubt fall into that category.

And I'd certainly like to see Graham have a full role.
Natsuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 01:51   Link #3894
black_cat1

Quote:
What I'd like for them to also emphasize is how "cursed" the 0 Gundam's GN Drive is. So many pilots have died from the use of that single GN Drive, and Ribbons, if he's alive, will no doubt fall into that category.
Well, only Ribbon died from the use of O GUndam's GN Drive
Old 2009-03-30, 01:56   Link #3895
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
Wait, I didn't watch the subs yet, but did Alle leave CB for good? Is that a fact?
I figured he was on a temporary leave or something lol.
He's probably on leave - the way I see it, he's going on a pilgrimage to find peace of mind and some form of atonement for the lives he's taken as a Gundam Meister. All those hikers forming a long line pretty much screams 'Santiago de Compostella' (or whatever site that holds the same role as Santiago's) to me. His monologue also confirms he's going to do some soul-searching with Marie. I don't see why not - he's fought to build a world where tinkered beings - natural blasphemies from his point of view (okay, I'm exaggerating here) - could live; it's time for him to taste the fruits of his own work and adapt to a normal life, even if he leaves himself open to the possibility of fighting again for the world's sake. He's getting some time off, that's all - or so I believe.

Besides, Allelujah going on a pilgrimage - what an interesting pun...:-/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I suppose the movie will be about Ribbons having some kind of a backup plan that starts up in Jupiter?
For that, he'd need the resources, money AND manpower to finance and equip a trip to Jupiter. He lost pretty much everything at the battle of Celestial Being and unless he drilled a few factories and resupply points inside the asteroid belts as last contingencies, he ain't going anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I would expect all 5 drives are intact and in the hands of CB at the end of the series

Seraphim was in critical damage, but wasn't a total loss

Exia R2 didn't hit the 0 gundam's GN drive...and CB should have enough Haros to extract GN Drive from Seraphim and 0 gundam
Actually...when the 0 Gundam powers down, you can see part of the GN thruster cone ripped up, with the blade emerging from the back. Since the power plant is actually in FRONT of the propulsion device, I'd expect the sword to cleanly go through it. As such, the GN Drive WAS hit.

So, unless the topological defect was preserved while the entire suit exploded, I'd pretty much list this GND as a loss - and even if it did survive, it's probably unstable due to the abuse it received.
Quote:
I take back what I said, those 4 green lights at Jupiter have to be GN Drives.

Moons don't shine green...
And they could very well be topological defects forming within and around Jupiter, feeding on the tremendous gravity field and naturally radiating green particles as they move about. They aren't necessarily fully functional GN Drives or the staff would've added the telltale green trails that always follow in a Gundam's wake, like at the end of S1, where Saji spots a CB Gundam in the distance. The luminous blob inside Jupiter could also be a particularly powerful TD forming up within its gaseous body and not in the periphery.

Quote:
Because the world has grown substantially as a result of unified peace. Instead of lives dying every second, humanity is rapidly growing. Humanity decided to occupy the biggest planet. It is all actually predicted by Ribbons and so, he plants his Veda there.
He'd need Veda's original schematics to build a new one, not to mention heavy assistance to fireproof his designs against technical difficulties and the mountainload of bugs that would inevitably await him. And we haven't even broached the issue of the software/firmware's source code, writing new algorithms as well as filling the entire, empty databanks upon which Veda systematically bases its conclusions and decisions. As I said, unless there are some sympathizers left on Earth (and for now, I guess there's a witch hunt on the loose - pretty much writing him off as a pariah AND a public disgrace to Humankind), more clones around OR backup resources stashed in some unheard-of hidey-hole, it's a no-brainer for him.
Unless, by some unrevealed magicks, he managed to convert each of his body's particles into qubits to store digitized information and made off with Veda's plans.

Quote:
lol what I'm basically saying is that the Jupiter scene in the end was what I was emphasizing:

The GN Drive in the center is the 0 Gundam's, and the scene portrays the four Gundam Meisters in their suits closing in on Jupiter to salvage the final GN Drive. That's my prediction and basis.
Errr...I can understand the 0 Gundam's drive resting on the Moon or even floating down to Earth due to gravity, but...Jupiter? That's a pretty long way to go unless the ruptured GN Drive released a torrent of particles and catapulted itself out of the 0 Gundam's frame, like some sort of self-propelled projectile, reached speeds vastly superior to escape velocities and somehow ended up in Jupiter's vicinity.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-03-30 at 02:21.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 03:40   Link #3896
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

The Celestial Being is Tieria and Regene's wheels. I'd love to see the reactions of anyone coming on board and hearing two disembodied voices talking to them..
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 04:39   Link #3897
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

It doesn't matter how damaged the O Gundam's drive is... Billy lives!

Freakin' Billy reverse engineered every damn Gundam from pictures. He invented his own twin drive system and trans-am mode. The O Gundam's true GN drive still exists, period. If the thing would have been destroyed completely, Setsuna would be dead. Remember what happens when all the energy in a GN drive is released.... remember Ribbons' death ray? No way in hell the 0 Gundam's engine was destroyed and by virtue of Billy existing any damage can be fixed.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 05:26   Link #3898
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

And he did it all 'cause Kujou dumped him...
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 08:06   Link #3899
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
It doesn't matter how damaged the O Gundam's drive is... Billy lives!

Freakin' Billy reverse engineered every damn Gundam from pictures. He invented his own twin drive system and trans-am mode. The O Gundam's true GN drive still exists, period. If the thing would have been destroyed completely, Setsuna would be dead. Remember what happens when all the energy in a GN drive is released.... remember Ribbons' death ray? No way in hell the 0 Gundam's engine was destroyed and by virtue of Billy existing any damage can be fixed.
All we need now is a Twin-Drive Engineer, using Eifman's and Billy's brains.
Old 2009-03-30, 08:33   Link #3900
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

you got to give billy props he is one smart A hole XD