AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-15, 19:15   Link #81
Decel

Wow TSR really blew me away. The first season left me lukewarm though I did see the potential. The cast is very "complete" in terms of details, and the story overall was very thought out. The second season was a nice entertainment but didn't really develop much in terms of storyline.

TSR however... hats off. I'm tempted to read the novels, but I'd rather watch it being animated, especially since it's so damn well done. I can wait a few years, as long as it does end up getting animated. From what I've read the overall story isn't complete even in the novels, and I really hope for an ending with full closure, both in text and in animated form.

There are many special moments in this season and most/all have been pointed out. It was really nice to see Kaname realizing/accepting her feelings so freely (definite love versus infactuation) and it was definitely fun to have Tessa declare hers on open line. What really blew me away though was Sousuke's humanism as Gauld (sp?) defined it. TSR really made him human.

I can't believe that I've let this season sit around for so long before I took a look.

Edit: Having read the facts about the novels, I'm not sure if there's enough content for a main story season, but there definitely seems to be enough content for another Fumoffu-like season. I hope they'll eventually get to that.

Last edited by Decel; 2006-05-15 at 19:42.
Old 2006-05-30, 04:06   Link #82
xpecter

Ending TSR

okey. the ending in FMP TSR was kinda unfinished... I want to know what happends between sousuke and chidori... is a movie or ova out that i dont know about ? :P
Old 2006-05-30, 05:46   Link #83
Crucifix

There's an OVA on TSR but it's all about Tessa.
Old 2006-05-30, 15:01   Link #84
masterwok

thats great i like tessa. hopefully it has some action in it with the arm slaves.
Old 2006-05-30, 16:15   Link #85
T.V.

I've just seen the Tessa OVA and it does feature arm slave action.. if you can call it that way.

It's a 30 min feature in the style of Fumoffu and doesn't develop the story, but it does happen after TSR, so chronologically it fits.

I think there isn't an annoucement yet on making a sequel to TSR.
There's enough source material out there in the form of the novels, though.

Just read the excellent info thread by kj1980.
Old 2006-06-06, 09:58   Link #86
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Seeing as FMP is my favourite series, I guess I'm gonna be a bit biased.

TSR really does do things right. The series was shorter but the plot had a bit more depth and emotion. Sousuke does some serious character development and this was a great relief for me because I always thought he was an idiot.
Spoiler:

The animation was even better than before, which is a tough thing to do, and the VA is top notch. I'll be saving my money for this very soon. Hopefully I'll be able to find the novels as well.

Here's hoping for another series.
Old 2006-07-04, 00:02   Link #87
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Send a message via AIM to Amazinasian
hi everyone
i just recently received all 3 seasons of the FMP series from my friend and i must say that i was absolutely blown away (especially by TSR). the characters all had distinct personlities and interactions that made the show increidbly captivating. the music, sound, and voice acting also helped in this area. the middle to end of TSR was incredible well done and it was great to see the relationship between sousuke and kaname develop. i finished watching all of the episodes a few days ago...and i find myself extremely depressed at the fact that i have ran out of FMP...(i even watched the OVA and prologue to TSR).
but alas, this was one AMAZING series. nothing before FMP had me so engrossed in the story, art, and emotion. i, too, am eager for a next installment of the series
Old 2006-07-27, 22:14   Link #88
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Thumbs up Hi!!:)

hey guys,i just finished watching TSR!!!!

I'm pretty pissed with the ending of this great anime.But don't get me wrong guys.This is a great anime.In fact, i love it!It's really anime at it's best.But what i am really pissed about is the ending.

Spoiler:

sigh..i really wish one of them (Sagara or Kaname) would confess their feelings for each other.

If not,i'll just grab Chidori from Sagara and i'll marry her!! lol something like that..
Old 2006-07-27, 23:25   Link #89
Decel

Well TSR isn't the end end. There are still more stories to go through.

What I really liked was that the relationship took another step in terms of progress, unlike many shows out there who have it in stasis until the last 5 minutes of the last episode...
Old 2006-07-28, 08:18   Link #90
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81
hey guys,i just finished watching TSR!!!!

I'm pretty pissed with the ending of this great anime.But don't get me wrong guys.This is a great anime.In fact, i love it!It's really anime at it's best.But what i am really pissed about is the ending.

Spoiler:

sigh..i really wish one of them (Sagara or Kaname) would confess their feelings for each other.

If not,i'll just grab Chidori from Sagara and i'll marry her!! lol something like that..
Read the novels or look at the novel discussion thread. Those will give some clues as to what will be in the next series.
Old 2006-07-28, 14:06   Link #91
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Other than that, I'm really pissed at Kaname's friends. Sagara was so close to hugging Kaname, it wasn't even funny.
Old 2006-07-28, 18:57   Link #92
vinsanity

Yeah FMP is simply amazing.. hope they pass the rest of the novel to anime
Old 2006-07-29, 05:27   Link #93
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Angry Kaname's friends suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota
Other than that, I'm really pissed at Kaname's friends. Sagara was so close to hugging Kaname, it wasn't even funny.
I AGREE!!!Damn,those friends of Kaname!!

It was like the REALLY REALLY best time for sagara to confess his feelings for Kaname!!!DAMMIT I'm pissed to!!
Old 2006-07-29, 18:06   Link #94
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81
I AGREE!!!Damn,those friends of Kaname!!

It was like the REALLY REALLY best time for sagara to confess his feelings for Kaname!!!DAMMIT I'm pissed to!!
I'm sorry but can you guys refresh my memory by telling me what episode it was?

I'm already losing my memory.
Old 2006-07-30, 05:07   Link #95
gencbiba

**CONTAINS SPOILER ABOUT LAST EPISODE**

Last episode when she is about to hit Sousuke with her shoe.... Then she just starts to cry on his chest telling him that she was scared to death and so on... Sousuke almost comforts her with his arms when the annoying girls come and ask what's going on... That part always makes me mad. Why can't some people mind their own business?

As far as my comments for TSR, well, as you can tell by my avatar and the phrase on the top of my avatar, I am hooked! I'm so hooked that one day I will start my world travels in order to find someone similar to Chidori!!! Until then, rewatching FMP and hoping for another season will have to do.

Also, like most people have pointed out, the fact that Sousuke or Chidori never confess their love for each other irritates me. Sousuke is lucky to have found someone that likes him because as mentioned in previous episodes of FMP, the probability of a woman being out there that complements Sousuke is highly unlikely. I seem to be boring myself so I'll just leave it at that. Happy Reading.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2006-07-30, 05:54   Link #96
T.V.

Blame Shoji Gatou!

Sosouke is written like a strained teenager who doesn't know what he has until he looses it.
Kaname is a girl that hides her heart behind an iron curtain in a similar fashion.

Confessing one's love makes one very vulnerable.. Especially with teenagers.
Old 2006-07-30, 07:23   Link #97
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Last episode when she is about to hit Sousuke with her shoe.... Then she just starts to cry on his chest telling him that she was scared to death and so on... Sousuke almost comforts her with his arms when the annoying girls come and ask what's going on... That part always makes me mad. Why can't some people mind their own business?
Thanks. That is quite an irritating moment.
Old 2006-07-30, 10:27   Link #98
mt888

to gencbiba:

u forgot about tessa
Old 2006-07-30, 21:27   Link #99
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Also, like most people have pointed out, the fact that Sousuke or Chidori never confess their love for each other irritates me. Sousuke is lucky to have found someone that likes him because as mentioned in previous episodes of FMP, the probability of a woman being out there that complements Sousuke is highly unlikely. I seem to be boring myself so I'll just leave it at that. Happy Reading.
To tell the truth, I'm glad they didn't in the first or second seasons, or the series would have gotten really old really quick.

I do wish they had at least accidentally kissed in some form before Leotard stole Kaname's first. That's why I like the manga more than the anime.
Old 2006-07-31, 07:01   Link #100
Deacon_Blues

Hey, first post here. That aside...

I actually got into all this just over a week ago, and I've already watched all 3 seasons and cleared a few novels. I stayed away from anime after Robotech, and thankfully I was turned on to something that I could really relate to and enjoy. That said, I was really impressed with where TSR took things.

I would have to say one of my favorite parts was when Kaname was on the rooftop after her battle and everything finally sank in. She had gone through the past day or two finally seeing things through Sousuke's eyes - Everyone is a threat, people actually are out to harm/kill you, and there is a time when you can't hesitate to pull the trigger. It's one thing to be targeted and rely on someone's expertise to protect you, but in this scene she finally realized what it's like to have to be the protector, to live the way Sousuke lives every day of his life. Though he may do strange things and get irritating at times, now she fully realizes just why he does those things. ...maybe why the hit from the shoe never came in the end, and she broke down in front of him?

The other thing I liked was at the end when he was practically standing beside himself when facing his teammates in the road. They could have shot him, and he would have had absolutely zero reaction to it. Then the ARX-7 comes crashing in and he didn't even flinch, looking back only to acknowledge it as a piece of junk - halfway because it didn't kill him in the process of crashing past him.

The character development in TSR was very well played, even giving another side to people like Kurz. Now if only he could have at least given her that hug...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, kadokawa, mecha, school life, shounen