AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-24, 14:05   Link #3741
MCAL

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...r-movie-visual

Komugi will be played by Aya Endo.

But the most interesting thing is the writer of the first Hunter x Hunter Anime is writing for the second movie. The director, Kawaguchi Keiichiro has done Hayate anime (The good anime. Not the crappy Manglobe one), Minami-ke Taidaima and Sket Dance, so a much better team than the last one.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 15:18   Link #3742
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Komugi will be played by Aya Endo.
I wasn't familiar with her name, so I looked up her credits. I don't recognize most of her roles (I guess I don't watch enough anime), but she seems to do a lot of mature, dignified types of characters? Also Paris Hilton. Should be interesting.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 16:07   Link #3743
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Maybe they like to think of Uvo as the ultimate Enhancer?
Umm he is. At least compared to what we've been shown. Are there probably guys in Togashi's mind that haven't been show that are stronger? Most likely, yes.

Can you honestly say there has been a human nen user who is more perfect for wreaking havoc and defeating multiple very strong opponents at the same time with instinct and brute strength?

The way he fought Kurapica showed me that he was not used to ever being challenged except on very rare moments (he seemed to cherish these moments) and that he had a lot more left in the tank to show Kurapica.

He lost because of "chain jail" an ability of cancelling out nen that is basically broken in power.

I could be totally wrong and just man crushing on the guy sure, but I just don't picture him losing to any of the chimera ants until he encountered the Royal Bodyguards. This dart shit would have been annoying to him, I'm sure, but he would have gotten through it with pure and utter brutal offense.

Unless you could equal or cancel out Uvo's strength I don't think you would last long once he set his sights on destroying you.
Old 2013-10-24, 16:14   Link #3744
leokiko

Yea, Sheryl is pretty mature, one of my favorite female characters as well. Love her.

Looking foward to see how her voices matches with Komugi.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 16:18   Link #3745
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Umm he is. At least compared to what we've been shown. Are there probably guys in Togashi's mind that haven't been show that are stronger? Most likely, yes.

Can you honestly say there has been a human nen user who is more perfect for wreaking havoc and defeating multiple very strong opponents at the same time with instinct and brute strength?

The way he fought Kurapica showed me that he was not used to ever being challenged except on very rare moments (he seemed to cherish these moments) and that he had a lot more left in the tank to show Kurapica.

He lost because of "chain jail" an ability of cancelling out nen that is basically broken in power.

I could be totally wrong and just man crushing on the guy sure, but I just don't picture him losing to any of the chimera ants until he encountered the Royal Bodyguards. This dart shit would have been annoying to him, I'm sure, but he would have gotten through it with pure and utter brutal offense.

Unless you could equal or cancel out Uvo's strength I don't think you would last long once he set his sights on destroying you.
The self-proclaimed Queen from the Ryodan sub-arc broke Feitan's kou-enhanced sword with pure ken. IE: He had all his aura in a single point, and she not only blocked it with her passive battle aura, but also broke his sword (incidentally another piercing weapon, but I digress). She did lose in the end, but she's just a fodder ant.

Now, obviously Uvo is a better enhancer than Feitan (who is Transmutation, I believe), but the point is that the ants have ridiculous physical abilities compared to humans. Cheethu runs circles around a veteran trusted by the Chairman himself. Now, maybe we can say that maybe Uvo was stronger than those guys. I don't think that's especially doubtful. But none of those guys are top tier either. What about Razor or Netero or Killua's family or the Royal Guards or the King or freaking Ging?

Uvo is strong, but he's not nearly the strongest. Using him as an absolute measure of whether an Enhancer could possibly do something is silly. Heck, his ultimate punch couldn't do more than break Kurapika's arm. Kurapika was using 100% Enhancement at the time because of his eyes, but just based on pure nen and experience that's frankly kind of pitiful. Do you think Gon's Rock punch could be easily blocked like that by any random Joe Enhancer?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 16:26   Link #3746
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Uvo is strong, but he's not nearly the strongest. Using him as an absolute measure of whether an Enhancer could possibly do something is silly. Heck, his ultimate punch couldn't do more than break Kurapika's arm. Kurapika was using 100% Enhancement at the time because of his eyes, but just based on pure nen and experience that's frankly kind of pitiful. Do you think Gon's Rock punch could be easily blocked like that by any random Joe Enhancer?
Uvo is part of the top tier of enhancers or he wouldnt have survived as long as he did being an original spider. While i agree he probably isnt the best in the entire world being an enhancer.
Also there is the difference in preparation, Gon's rock punch takes like 5 minutes to load, i think if Uvo did something like that and hit kurapika more than just his arm would've been broken. Frankly right now if Gon and Uvo were to fight i think Uvo would win.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 16:39   Link #3747
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Uvo was probably one of the purest enhancers. But in a fight, being pure isn't all that useful. And if brute strength couldn't pull him out of a situation, he was basically screwed.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 17:26   Link #3748
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:

What about Razor or Netero or Killua's family or the Royal Guards or the King or freaking Ging?

Uvo is strong, but he's not nearly the strongest. Using him as an absolute measure of whether an Enhancer could possibly do something is silly.
I think my point was not that Uvo is the strongest nen user, but that he's the strongest most pure example of a master enhancement user we've been shown by togashi. Razor, Netero, The Royal Guards, The King, and freaking Ging would all most likely defeat him except perhaps Razor (they seemed about equal in presence to me) but we really don't know anything about their abilities.

We can safely assume Netero is some kind of Enhancer. Judging by his titles and position in the Hunter org. he is probably vastly superior to Uvo, but we've not been shown that yet. Razor we don't know his abilities. The Royal Guards have been shown to have aura's that are so scary they can defeat opponents without moving. I'm willing to bet Uvo would lose there. The King likewise. The Zoldycks, we've seen some of their abilities but we don't know enough about killua's dad to know if he is enhancer or emission. The grandfather isn't reinforcement so he's irrelevant.

Ging we no nothing about. Just because he is Gon's dad doesn't mean his an enhancer grown up version of what Gon will become.

So as far as enhancement goes Uvogin is still by far the most advanced and pure version of an enhancement master we've seen.
Old 2013-10-24, 21:45   Link #3749
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Never has a scene where a talking octopus carrying away a dying kid just because the kid said it was cool, being used in a dramatic context been so reaching into one's soul.

WP Togashi, WP Togashi.

I like how they outlined Killua's mechanical approach to matters, and how he can figure shit out he's getting killed and manages to answer the Q&A session It was genuinely disturbing to see him analyze his own dying process and trying to think of a solution to the matter. But it's ok, the not-so beautiful octopus will seek help, and Killua has enough self respect to not die when he's being saved. And his rare act of mercy really paid off; well he certainly has a sense on how ends up trustworthy in the end it seems.

And then meanwhile cheery, scary Gon is here as well. I liked that scene on how they were planning to eat Killua and then it switches to Gon eating... Disturbing really.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 08:11   Link #3750
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As if 1:29 AM wasn't bad enough, this week it's 2:29 AM because of the Japan World Series. At least the Giants lost.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 13:48   Link #3751
MCAL

The majority of Gon and Meleoron's conversation was pretty funny. And it seems the King is as ruthless as ever. Wonder if this girl will change that?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 15:14   Link #3752
ookamigirl

Looks like Gon will learn a few useful things.
That chameleon guy is really nice.
It would be cool if Gon would adapt some of his abilities.
Most of the episode were those two talking.
They did manage to squeeze in some other plot progress.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 18:11   Link #3753
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Gon and Meleoron's conversation was a little too long, but it was all crucial exposition so I don't think they could have shortened it. Now we know there are other ants besides Colt who are starting to recall their former lives, which opens up a lot of possibilities for the future.
Old 2013-10-30, 07:31   Link #3754
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would love to see a sitcom with Gon and Meleoron as mismatched roommates.

"Meleoron! You've been smoking in the bath again! Jan...Ken..."

"Uh-oh... Perfect Plan!"

Also, I can't believe it didn't hit me before now but I think Knuckle and Shoot are named after the knuckle-ball and the shuuto. Palm and Gyro as well.
Old 2013-10-30, 11:48   Link #3755
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 102-
Spoiler for PART 1:

---------
Spoiler for PART 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 12:15   Link #3756
SagaraSouske

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
I think my point was not that Uvo is the strongest nen user, but that he's the strongest most pure example of a master enhancement user we've been shown by togashi. Razor, Netero, The Royal Guards, The King, and freaking Ging would all most likely defeat him except perhaps Razor (they seemed about equal in presence to me) but we really don't know anything about their abilities.

We can safely assume Netero is some kind of Enhancer. Judging by his titles and position in the Hunter org. he is probably vastly superior to Uvo, but we've not been shown that yet. Razor we don't know his abilities. The Royal Guards have been shown to have aura's that are so scary they can defeat opponents without moving. I'm willing to bet Uvo would lose there. The King likewise. The Zoldycks, we've seen some of their abilities but we don't know enough about killua's dad to know if he is enhancer or emission. The grandfather isn't reinforcement so he's irrelevant.

Ging we no nothing about. Just because he is Gon's dad doesn't mean his an enhancer grown up version of what Gon will become.

So as far as enhancement goes Uvogin is still by far the most advanced and pure version of an enhancement master we've seen.
What about Biscuit Krueger? Even not being a pure Enhancer, I think she is probably stronger then UVO in a hand to hand brawl.
Old 2013-10-30, 18:47   Link #3757
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Permastealth so imba-- it allows scrubs with minimal fighting ability to get around. On the other hand, they need anything they can get, or they'll just die anyways. One just needs to see what happens to the North Korean gamers.

So the last opponent before the Ant King gets so bored he'll just kill everyone is some blind loli. Oh no, is he going to realize something about not everything being about power? Or will she just be Tomino'd/Togashi'd like throwaway captive #567?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-10-30, 18:51   Link #3758
Kazu-kun

^ Well, blind people in anime are usually highly gifted and skilled. She probably will slap the king's ass all over the place on that game.
Old 2013-10-30, 18:53   Link #3759
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

So true; it might be like the Matrix or some shit.

Then again, it can be surprising what willpower can do; like this blind Starcraft player.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-11-05, 08:51   Link #3760
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not yet confirmed by an English-language source, but there are widespread reports that H x H is returning to SJ in December. Stay tuned.

http://apricotcomplex.net/archives/51870061.html

Update: CR now running with the story as well.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2013-11-05 at 09:21.

Tags
action, shounen