AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2004-11-30, 01:49   Link #41
DrewGSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
I herby re-christen this programme the "Gouda-kun Idiot Show"
No kidding, man the episode was just plain weak and it wasn't even that funny at all. I knew coming into it that it wasn't going to be a drama like KGNE which i loved but I thought it would at least be like FMP and FMP: Fumoffu at least, but not at all. I mean Gouda is just a moron and already getting on my damn nerve. At times im just like please STFU you babbling idoit. After seeing the first 5 mins i was like WTF is this. I'm really dissapointed with it, i had high hopes and expectations of this too. Since its only 3 episodes I'll watch them.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:49   Link #42
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm...

1) this is 180 degree turn from KGNE
2) this is not a sequel, and this is not a spin-off, this is a transition between KGNE and MuvLuv (now will they make a MuvLuv anime? )
3) Gouda is a hotblood idiot, but that's still leagues better than the wimpy loser Takayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
I hope that none of the original staff involved in KGNE was involved in this show.
actually, they are created by the same guys, AGE.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:52   Link #43
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

My take on this:

"Akane Maniax OVA" is a filler for "MuvLuv" anime series

Why? How else would you explain:

Akane Maniax Volume 1 DVD: Distributed by Media Factory
Akane Maniax Volume 2 DVD: Distributed by Media Factory
Akane Maniax Volume 3 DVD: Distributed by BANDAI

...and who owns the rights to "MuvLuv" for animation? BANDAI
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:56   Link #44
DrewGSR

LMAO if you goto Akane Maniax website the next OVA is 5 months from now, 1 OVA every 5 months lol, thats horrendous.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 01:57   Link #45
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

wait....there's a muvluv animation series? WHERE? O_o
or is it not out yet...
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 02:03   Link #46
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
wait....there's a muvluv animation series? WHERE? O_o
or is it not out yet...
No official announcement when "MuvLuv" will be animated has come foward as of yet. However, it is well-known that BANDAI owns the animation rights for "MuvLuv" per agreement with age (just like the animation rights for "Fate/stay night" is owned by Kadokawa per agreement with TYPE-MOON) .
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 02:07   Link #47
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

woah woah looks like all the popular bishoujo games will sooner or later be animated, eh?

even Fate/Stay night! cool another tsukihime type dark drama fantasy anime. me like a lot

will there be a CLANNAD anime? maybe sometime in 2006....

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 03:05   Link #48
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Wow, this show sure is stupid. I guess like some people I wasn't expecting Kiminozo, but this?

Anyway, can someone give me the rundown on what Muvluv is all about? Or is there a synopsis somewhere that I can read? Most importantly, do I need to buy anti-depressant pills while watching the anime adaption?
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 04:22   Link #49
Mentar
Banned

I dunno, I can relax and watch this like a Bond movie. Don't try to make sense out of the nonsense, just lean back, eat popcorn and enjoy

I do understand how especially dedicated KimiNozo fans may hate this because they expected something different though. Nevertheless, it's funny enough for me to hold my interest - and the cameo appearances of the KimiNozo cast while at the same time introducing the MuvLuvs is making it worthwhile for me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 04:28   Link #50
arias

Wow.. there are quite a few remarks that come across as pretty offensive here.

Whatever you see it as; spin-off, or just continued milking of the KGNE franchise, it's best to take the show on its own. I laugh when I see people making l33t comments, and I laughed quite a few times in this thread.

I thought that it was interesting how Gouda seems to be in his own fantasy world while the rest of the characters are grounded in reality. Provides quite a contrast when you see how his actions create the reactions from Akane. Personally, I like that interplay, but honestly, I also think the show's pretty boring.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 04:54   Link #51
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Hmm, don't know what to say really... This first episode was just plain stupid, it had very few jokes or scenes which made me laugh(just the usual weird faces like when the maincharacter is thinking of a half-naked Akane...those faces always make me laugh). Too much daydreaming, didn't either like how Akane is here.

Just 3 eps though, so I will probably see the rest of them.
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 07:10   Link #52
Ansa

When I read Mecha in animenfo I was wondering if its a frelling typo, but god that was just frelling retarded with the gundam like robot thing, Gouda needs to die, nuff said >.>

I did like the ep. but I can't see how this will end well, or end bad for that matter, I think its just going to be 3 OVAs of pure annoying Gouda...
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 09:05   Link #53
Marine-RX179

Who knows? Gouda might in the end actually really accomplished something 'heroric' and Akane finally gets to like him.....but that only happen after he's dead
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 09:40   Link #54
bluemist
i am the mist

Gouda must die along with his Gundam crap. Throw him into that Muvluv alternative world or something. He's more fit on it (I think, but I don't play Muvluv).
Old 2004-11-30, 09:51   Link #55
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I found this as depressing as KGNE, poor Akane stuck in such a crappy OVA
Desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 10:08   Link #56
SeedBoy

I dunno but I kinda find it enjoying watching this OVA. I guess because I didnt bother watching KGNE so I didn't expect any returning characters or anything like that to relate to the original story.
SeedBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 10:37   Link #57
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Well I finally got around to watching it...I cannot say that I was quite expecting that, but alas, even as the Kiminozo fan I am, I still rather enjoyed this.

Akane is still Akane, despite those moments involving Gouda. She's still hurting from the past, she still has issues dealing with people's affections, and she definitely still holds herself true to the Kiminozo version of herself. Gouda is there to make the show different, think of the Ayu and Mayu theaters at the end of the Kiminozo episodes...these were stark contrasts to the show at hand, using comedy to uplift those watching Kiminozo. Akane Maniax will, I'm sure, have it's moments of seriousness, but like was mentioned before, will deal with it similar to how Fumoffu dealt with FMP's story.

I can already see that the show will have a point, as it will show Akane growing and accepting the feelings of other's about her, not being afraid of people loving her and loving them, something she believes doesn't work thanks to Kiminozo events; as witnessed when both her and Gouda are under the tree on the hill.

Folks need to remember, Akane is a high school student with a dark past already, Gouda is there as the 'shinning light' hopefully trying to bring her around. It's obviously a reverse story-type to Kiminozo.
Old 2004-11-30, 10:52   Link #58
Marine-RX179

I did watch the KGNE and yes I love that anime it was really depressing when I was watching it. This OVA anime is of a different gene, and I also enjoy watching it....
Even though this anime feature the same characters and have reference to KGNE (mainly just to lead out Akane's perceptions of relationship and love), it's NOT the sequal of KGNE.....it's just so happen to be a comedy that take place in the same world.

And those that said something 'OMG WTF with the Gundams sh1t' etc.....you might think robots are stupid and childish, but in Japan Sci-fi Mech animes are considered cool, Super Robot Mech animes are considered 'hot-blooded'....it's kinda how their culture regarding anime is. Do remember they created the anime focused toward Japanese audiences...you are the one that's downloaded and watched it when supposingly it's not available to countries outside of Asia. If you found the 'hot-blooded hero' and 'mech' parodies lame because you are not accepting how their culture is....TOUGH! That is just you.
If you don't like it, don't watch it....while I simply just get one extra anime that I enjoy watching on my list :P

P.S. It's not like the people that made the anime for KGNE only just done the mech parody thing for the first time......they have mech parody already since the DVD version of KGNE with their side stories.....so it's not really that shocking seeing mech in Akane Maniax...
I do feel sorry for those of you that were expecting another decent drama anime like KGNE, but didn't get what you expected. However just because this anime is not of the gene that you expected it to be, doesn't mean it is a crap anime.
You have the right to say you are disappointed, but not the right to INSULT it. You don't like this anime, but there are people that do.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 11:13   Link #59
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

And it's not really some parody started by the animes, the games are there way before the anime, the Akane Maniax OVA is not the anime crew's original creation.

I think even the first episode has its serious moments, like the rain scene and when Akane recalling what Gouda told her about "love". Of course there are those super robot daydreaming, but like I've said I think there must be some diehard G Gundam/Nadesico/Tomokazu Seki fans in Age to make this game, and as a diehard Nadesico fan who loves Daigouji Gai, I really enjoyed it

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-11-30 at 15:51.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 14:18   Link #60
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

I enjoy seeing the serious moments. I loved Akane as a character too, so this is somewhat enjoyable. Gouda is a fucking idiot though.

Spoiler:

What's muvluv by the way?
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
âge, comedy, ova, romance, seinen