Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-15, 19:12   Link #81
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Is it really useful to answer to this stupidity or are you just unaware of what a filler is?

So obviously you don't.
This part was made only to add length to this fight.
It could be completely unimportant or even good because there are little fighting fillers which are really good but this one is simply completely moronic and it contradict what was said even in the anime.
Do I really have to spell it out for you?

A. It was a cool fight, with lots of interesting taijutu.
B. When they say "anyone" they arent being categorical. In fact, he even said it with a smirk, as he thinks he's immortal and beyond other sinobi. A fansubbers choice of translation is not gospel- half the time its plain misleading.
C. it showed that orochimaru can take a whole lot of physical punishment. That is now essentially a fact in the anime, you flaming manga bigot.

I say that the anime version was better, and that the manga version was truncated in comparison.

Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 19:51   Link #82
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
There are so many manga bigots it really gets annoying. If there was a text-only naruto book series I bet there would be whiners who say the manga is just "stupid filler" compared to the book. When you read the manga, yes you are mostly filling in the details with your imagination, and nothing is ever as good as that.

You're probably right. Many movies adapted from books often fail to satisfy the people who read it first, and I don't think people would prefer a comic book version of Harry Potter.

Neil Gaiman's Murder Mysteries is better as a short story than a comic.

But so what? The version the creator made, not the adaptation, is seen as better. Is that really a surprise to you?

Quote:
I say that the anime version was better, and that the manga version was truncated in comparison.

That is, of course, an opinion. I happen to disagree with it based on the fact that Kishimoto writes the manga, has pretty much no control over the anime, and therefore the manga is closer to his vision than the anime is, making the comic canon over the cartoon.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 20:44   Link #83
MiniSilverTiger
Slapped Silly

how in the world did this thread turn into this?
eh
i believe that the manga is better because its the real thing, with no random addin stuff that can confuse the story
MiniSilverTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 21:17   Link #84
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Do I really have to spell it out for you?

A. It was a cool fight, with lots of interesting taijutu.
B. When they say "anyone" they arent being categorical. In fact, he even said it with a smirk, as he thinks he's immortal and beyond other sinobi. A fansubbers choice of translation is not gospel- half the time its plain misleading.
C. it showed that orochimaru can take a whole lot of physical punishment. That is now essentially a fact in the anime, you flaming manga bigot.
Your point A is completely irrelevant, your point B doesn't only come from your wild imagination but is also quite ridiculous and I couldn't care less about the choice of translation of the fansubbers given that it's what was said in japanese.
Then your point C is where this filler shows his tremendous stupidity : Oro will not become particulary resistant in the future because of that, neither in the manga nor in the anime.
Simply because the anime team doesn't invent the story, they follow the script of the manga, merely adding some scenes to lengthen the show.
That's the only purpose of these fillers : to add some punch to waste more time.
Sometime it's good or even really good and better than the manga like Oro vs. Sasuke or Naruto vs. Haku, sometime it's simply average or not really worth discussing about it and sometime it's plainly retarded and bad.
There will not be any reason or change because they showed Oro ables to take a lot of blow from Tsunade as there wasn't any reason for Sasuke losing his speed or Sakura suddenly gaining strength in the filler arc.
They needed to fill the fight to make it longer and they decided to add more punchs, that's all there is behind that.

Finally and about your loved expression "manga bigot" which seems to allow you not to think -I will try to resist to call you anime zealot but it's hard- , I can't care less if they add scenes that aren't in the manga, actually I wouldn't mind if they chose to completely change the story to make their own ala FMA.
... As long as the changes are good/cool and logical with their story that's it.

Quote:
Yeah the manga was truncated of a stupidity which didn't even exist when it was made.
Right.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:00   Link #85
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
No, its not, not even close.

Kabuto for one example, Orochimaru, Naruto, Jiraiya, Tsunade, and even rock lee all seem to be able to take a beating without folding. Neji seems like he folds up pretty soon after a solid hit or two. Orochimaru seems like hes made out of rubber: tsunade hit him so hard so many times you'd think his bones sholud have been powdered by the end of the fight, but he didnt seem injured at all.
Are you kidding?

The times where he was actually hit, he was already low on stamina from the attacks he already had to deal with from his opponents. For example: Naruto charging at him using the Kyuubi-chakra. From the panels, you can see that it took a hell of a lot out of him, so I can see where one solid punch would have taken him down. And if you look at the later chapters, Neji is more resilient than you give him credit for.

As for the people you mentioned, they have all been shown to take damage when people get past their defenses, so I dont see where youre going with that.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:10   Link #86
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
As for the people you mentioned, they have all been shown to take damage when people get past their defenses, so I dont see where youre going with that.
I was just observing that he seems to have a bit of a glass jaw, not that other people dont take damage when they are hit. Even Hinata pulled herself up off the ground more times than he did.
Old 2004-12-15, 23:15   Link #87
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
I was just observing that he seems to have a bit of a glass jaw, not that other people dont take damage when they are hit. Even Hinata pulled herself up off the ground more times than he did.
Heh a glass jaw. Isnt that what Ali said about Foreman?

Yeah, but she didnt suffer the same amount of damage he suffered when he fought against that guy in the latest chapters. Even then, he still managed to attack him whereas Hinata was in no condition to fight back.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 23:27   Link #88
UserName

Quote:
No, its not, not even close.

Kabuto for one example, Orochimaru, Naruto, Jiraiya, Tsunade, and even rock lee all seem to be able to take a beating without folding. Neji seems like he folds up pretty soon after a solid hit or two. Orochimaru seems like hes made out of rubber: tsunade hit him so hard so many times you'd think his bones sholud have been powdered by the end of the fight, but he didnt seem injured at all.
Haha... Solid hit or two? heh... I'm taking you don't read the manga... Neji can take a lot more hits than the genins. Aside from Naruto who has kyuubi to heal him...

Orochimaru was knocked flat in 1 hit by Tsunade...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 00:29   Link #89
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
Answered simply - yes he could.

Nothing in Rasengan's nature is exclusive to Naruto. Naruto may have more chakra capcity than Neji but Rasengan isn't a move that needs that much chakra. And as with any moves, less chakra can be used for a lesser effect/power. Another thing to note about this whole chakra amount/level deal. If it really used that much chakra from just one Rasengan, then it should drain all of Naruto's chakra after 1 or 2 uses. If it doesn't, then someone like Neji should definitely be able to use it. Kaiten isn't exactly light on his chakra, and it is a ball maintained through spin. Based on my own inference, I bet he has to contain his chakra in the ball around him, or else kaiten wouldn't work. All of his chakra would just escape and and dissolve into the air.
Old 2004-12-16, 09:02   Link #90
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySeraphim
Based on my own inference, I bet he has to contain his chakra in the ball around him, or else kaiten wouldn't work. All of his chakra would just escape and and dissolve into the air.
Spin is easy to control, if a rasengan was based on spin it would be easy.

Its not, its based on a turbulent chakura flow, which is difficult to contain. Spinning chakura has its uses, but it couldnt even break a water balloon.
Old 2004-12-17, 08:34   Link #91
The Great Yuri
Dis-Member

Yeah he could deffinately use it, and it would probably be stronger too.

Unless Naruto went all 'red chakra'
The Great Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 10:09   Link #92
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySeraphim
Answered simply - yes he could.

Nothing in Rasengan's nature is exclusive to Naruto. Naruto may have more chakra capcity than Neji but Rasengan isn't a move that needs that much chakra. And as with any moves, less chakra can be used for a lesser effect/power. Another thing to note about this whole chakra amount/level deal. If it really used that much chakra from just one Rasengan, then it should drain all of Naruto's chakra after 1 or 2 uses. If it doesn't, then someone like Neji should definitely be able to use it. Kaiten isn't exactly light on his chakra, and it is a ball maintained through spin. Based on my own inference, I bet he has to contain his chakra in the ball around him, or else kaiten wouldn't work. All of his chakra would just escape and and dissolve into the air.
It's pretty much what the chakra in the Kaiten does.
Neji releases a huge amount of chakra from all points of his body and then spins his body to propel the chakra everywhere around him.
The chakra isn't countained at all and vanishes after the spin.
If Neji countained the chakra around him, he would have basically a permanent armor of chakra and could create a Kaiten which would never stop around him.

Neji is far from having the stamina of Naruto even if obviously he's far better for using the chakra he creates and probably doesn't waste a bit of it contrary to Naruto.
The Rasengan isn't low in chakra, very far from that. Heck, Naruto was even impressed by the amount of chakra cointained in Jiraiya's Rasengan whereas in term of amount of chakra Naruto isn't your average ninja joe.
Neji has certainely the amount of chakra to use some Rasengan a day but not training all day, trying to make dozens and dozens of them like Naruto did thanks to his abnormal stamina due to the presence of the Kyubi.

Neji is also certainely able to spin the chakra as he wishes and could without much problem pass the 1st and 2nd step of the Rasengan I think.
But we never saw him containing the chakra which is what gives all its power to the Rasengan.

Quote:
Spin is easy to control, if a rasengan was based on spin it would be easy.

Its not, its based on a turbulent chakura flow, which is difficult to contain. Spinning chakura has its uses, but it couldnt even break a water balloon
The Rasengan is based on the spin and it doesn't seem to be that easy.
It's absolutely not based on a turbulent chakra flow, it's exactly the opposite.
The Rasengan uses the principles of the tree climbing with water walking training, ie the release of a fixed and stable amount of chakra continuously.

The first step is to spin this chakra (and it was enough to break the water ballon), the 2nd is to do that with the maximum power and the 3rd step is do the 2 previous steps plus containing it in a small orb, maxing out the spin and power inside it.

And like I say Neji didn't show that he was able to do that yet.
If he could do that at the scale of his body he would be almost invincible. Interesting possiblity for its evolution in the future ^^
Old 2004-12-17, 10:32   Link #93
Genjing

What does Neji need Rasengan for. If he gets close enough to the enemy to use a rasengan, he can just use Jyuuken and obliterate his enemy's inner organs.
Genjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 11:11   Link #94
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

He could use it to destroy things.
And given that he has mastered the Jyuken and thus can use perfectly his chakra from any of his tenkentsu, he could create a Rasengan or alike from any part of his body.

Neji with a even larger amount of chakra, able to control and contain perfectly his chakra all around him would truly be a monster.
Old 2004-12-17, 11:52   Link #95
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Neji plus a lot of others could learn the rasengan, but one of the requirements of the rasengan is having a lot of chakra. What's the point of rolling all your chakra into a ball when it could be better used elsewhere. I have no doubt the technique can be learned but it would be such a small chakra ball and entirely useless in battle. This is why nobody except a few use it.

Just in case I wasn't clear, compare when sasuke and naruto hit the water tanks with the chidori and rasengan. Even if sasuke was using the rasenga his impact would be still far smaller than the one naruto had
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 12:06   Link #96
Satoru

Quote:
He could use it to destroy things.
And given that he has mastered the Jyuken and thus can use perfectly his chakra from any of his tenkentsu, he could create a Rasengan or alike from any part of his body.

Neji with a even larger amount of chakra, able to control and contain perfectly his chakra all around him would truly be a monster.
Geez Hunter stop it already -.-
Old 2004-12-17, 12:23   Link #97
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Neji will destroy you with a rasengan.... formed by his butt-cheeks.
Old 2004-12-17, 13:23   Link #98
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

The 4th: You haven't mastered the Rasengan until you can perform it with you butt-cheeks.
Everyone:
The 4th: What, you don't believe me? I'll show you...

Everyone:
Naruto's got a long way to go...
Old 2004-12-17, 17:40   Link #99
Isis&Osiris

indubitably, he can learn and master it tmuch faster han Naruto.

Rasengan sin't about massive x quantity of chakra, imo. its how it is formed, physically via creation of velocity in x amount of speed - with the spiralling trails of chakra's kinetic motion criss-crossing to stabilize and suck air into the sphere that is probably an air vacuum that contains increassing [air] compression/pressure before it contacts and decompresses (boom!).

i recall that altercation between sasuke's chi and naruto's ras on top of the hospital's building. naruto's ras blew a huge hole at the back of the water tank

air-powered tools like nail guns are an example of how powerful avacuum and ai pressure can be used to to propel an object to pierce another object.
Isis&Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:02   Link #100
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis&Osiris
indubitably, he can learn and master it tmuch faster han Naruto.

Rasengan sin't about massive x quantity of chakra, imo. its how it is formed, physically via creation of velocity in x amount of speed - with the spiralling trails of chakra's kinetic motion criss-crossing to stabilize and suck air into the sphere that is probably an air vacuum that contains increassing [air] compression/pressure before it contacts and decompresses (boom!).

Anyway massive quantity of chakra is an important point of the Rasengan, the whole 2nd step is dedicated to that.
Also the power of the Rasengan doesn't seem to have anything to do with air compression but directly with chakra compression.

Quote:
i recall that altercation between sasuke's chi and naruto's ras on top of the hospital's building. naruto's ras blew a huge hole at the back of the water tank
Exactly like during the training with the water ballon, the vortex of the Rasengan made the water spins like hell and thus made the water tank implode from the inside.