AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-28, 16:26   Link #161
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuraglace View Post
Thanks, but can anyone tell me how can i summon hidden vlas thanks
I assume you mean St. Vrus (Sister Yukariko's child)? I haven't player her yet, but AFAICT she has a few "normal" attacks with St. Vrus, from an iron maiden to a "stomp". The manual lists all of the normal and special moves, so you'll have to look under Yukariko's section for those (I don't know them offhand). The ultra-special child attack is almost always D-F-D-F+Child, but you have to have 3 levels of your power gauge filled up before you can use it. I assume the normal child attack is done with the child attack with some simple combination, or alone. The iron maiden attack you have to time right so the opponent is walking past when St. Vrus reappears. Kinda like controlling Yukino and Diana.

Ciao!
Old 2008-08-30, 09:07   Link #162
OBrasilo
Uyimbube!

Send a message via ICQ to OBrasilo Send a message via AIM to OBrasilo Send a message via MSN to OBrasilo Send a message via Yahoo to OBrasilo
Hello, I'm new, and I have a little problem with this game. When I start it, I get the message, which tells me to press the start button, but I've pressed each, and every single, key on both my keyboard, AND my mouse, to no avail. And the manual is of no help with this matter, either, so I'd greatly appreciate it, if anyone here could help me with this.
Old 2008-08-30, 10:21   Link #163
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Go into your Fuuka Taisen folder in your Program Files, double click the Config icon/ふうかσコンフィグ, set up the controls for players one [and two], then click the left most button on the bottom out of the three. You shouldn't have to do this again once you've done it, unless you want to change your keys, of course.

Have fun.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2008-08-30, 14:47   Link #164
OBrasilo
Uyimbube!

Send a message via ICQ to OBrasilo Send a message via AIM to OBrasilo Send a message via MSN to OBrasilo Send a message via Yahoo to OBrasilo
- LVD: I just did that, and now I get this error message, when starting the game:

What does it mean? And how do I fix it? :?
Old 2008-08-30, 18:11   Link #165
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo View Post
- LVD: I just did that, and now I get this error message, when starting the game:

What does it mean? And how do I fix it? :?
AFAICT it's saying something about not having permission to start the program.

a) Check your user permissions and that you are allowed to run as administrator (if in Vista), etc.
b) Maybe check your key settings and make sure that you only have one of each key assigned, although I tried this and it didn't crash.

Good luck!
Old 2008-08-30, 19:02   Link #166
OBrasilo
Uyimbube!

- KitsuneNineTails: I already found out, what it was. The message says, that you can't start two instances of the game, and, in fact, I went to the Task Manager, and found out, that the previous instance of the game was still in the memory, even though I closed the game, so I killed that instance, and voilà, the game started. Now I'm playing with Mai, and I'm stuck at Akane, who seems to be un-beatable.
Old 2008-08-31, 02:05   Link #167
Ghost of Perdition

Quote:
- KitsuneNineTails: I already found out, what it was. The message says, that you can't start two instances of the game, and, in fact, I went to the Task Manager, and found out, that the previous instance of the game was still in the memory, even though I closed the game, so I killed that instance, and voilà, the game started. Now I'm playing with Mai, and I'm stuck at Akane, who seems to be un-beatable.
Wait until you reach Shiho, Yatagarasu is extremely annoying and Shiho can phase through your attacks. And here I thought Psycho Shizuru was hard (tip: with Natsuki, keep holding down and back to block and press c to shoot Shizuru whenever you can).
Old 2008-08-31, 11:29   Link #168
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Perdition View Post
Wait until you reach Shiho, Yatagarasu is extremely annoying and Shiho can phase through your attacks. And here I thought Psycho Shizuru was hard (tip: with Natsuki, keep holding down and back to block and press c to shoot Shizuru whenever you can).
OMG. Shiho is annoying as all hell. I basically try to get medium close and just spam strong attack every time she plays that deuced flute. With Mai I can take her down with only a few continues (because if Shiho gets in one shot, you're pretty much gone for the whole round with Yatagarusu spamming you to death). With Mikoto, I just spammed her special attacks, like the sword uppercut and the one where she flies across across the screen and slams her sword into the ground. Apparently Yatagarusu can't really target you if your flying in and out of range. The horizontal beam actually passes over Mikoto, unless you attack, then you get hit. :P Really, if Shiho were supposed to be this powerful how in hell did Mai pretty much whip her butt in the anime? Only reason Mai didn't taker her down outright was that she didn't want to kill Shiho or Yatagarusu (while the opposite definitely wasn't true!).

PsychoShizuru, I can only really beat if I can cheese it out. With Mai it's just jump and strong attack + flame drill, with Mikoto if I jump and hit strong attack quickly, sometimes I can do a beat-back and if you do the DD+C sword slam you'll crit for a decent amount. On everyone else this as a counterattack can easily take away 2/3rds of their life, but on Shizuru it's only about 1/5th. But if I can spam that, I can win. Took me like 10 continues, though. Really, that stupid naginata combo is ridiculous. She could basically repeat it indefinitely and kill you with a 40-hit combo. Plus Kyohime's attack is BS because it 100% cannot be dodged, even with Mai's double jump and dash. but if you can get into a spamming repetition, you might have a chance. I notice that Shizuru rarely falls down (and she only fell down once even when I beat her), so she can ALWAYS counterattack you after you complete a strong attack combo (even any of the power attacks), even if you actually hit her. And if that counterattack is the naginata spam, kiss that round goodbye. I'll have to remember your tip for Natsuki.

Anyone know what the numbers are for unlocking the characters? I beat story mode with everyone but Natsuki and Nao and beat Arcade mode with Mai and Mikoto and still have only unlocked Miyu and Fumi (and I unlocked them a long time ago). Does the difficulty matter? I beat quite a few on Normal, but some I had beat only on Easy.

Thanks!
Old 2008-08-31, 11:40   Link #169
KitsuneNineTails
赤い狐

Quote:
Oh, THAT'S what 2重 meant. I was wondering about that... I know 重 means "heavy", but I guess it means "instance" too.

Cool, glad you got it worked out. Akane isn't too bad if you try to stay airborne and do jump attack combos. Mai's my favorite character in this game as well as the anime. Her strong attacks deal a LOT of damage. My favorite with Mai is jump, come down with a strong attack (C), then immediately hit DD+C for the fire drill. If they both hit, it takes off like 1/4 health. Another good one is to come down with a strong attack, then duck and do 2-3 light punches and FDF+C for the flip kick or DF+C for a spin kick. Gets a nice 6-7-hit combo, plus if your strong attack is blocked then you can abort and not make yourself vulnerable to a counter.

With Akane, just watch out for Harry's unblockable sonic attack, he's easy to avoid if you can get far enough back. Her spinning tonfa combos can be harsh, but just try the jump attacks and you should be good. Try to fill 3 power meters then slap DFDF+Child and when Kagutsuchi comes out just spam the attacks to take care of the rest.

Ciao!
Old 2008-08-31, 20:07   Link #170
Ghost of Perdition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneNineTails View Post
Anyone know what the numbers are for unlocking the characters? I beat story mode with everyone but Natsuki and Nao and beat Arcade mode with Mai and Mikoto and still have only unlocked Miyu and Fumi (and I unlocked them a long time ago). Does the difficulty matter? I beat quite a few on Normal, but some I had beat only on Easy.

Thanks!
I don't know anything about numbers but I've been through story mode with all the characters and I've unlocked Miyu, Fumi and Shizuru (I got Shizuru after I completed it with Nao, though I dont know if that's exactly how you unlock her). I havent been through arcade mode yet though so I might be able to unlock a few chars there.
Old 2008-08-31, 22:07   Link #171
MakiMaki
Spiral Spin Serpentine

I forgot when I unlocked the others after Fumi. Just beat story with everyone and then arcade.

I admit that Shiromuku no HiME is annoying. Yatagarasu's attack is strong and she can like teleport / phase / float around. Just stay close to her and do strong attacks or a combo.

Psycho Shizuru is also strong. I got her to fall down by attacking her while she's in the air. I used Natsuki's move where she shoots all of her bullets. For most characters, just keep the distance. It's a lot of hit n run game actually. People like Yukariko and Nao have it easier to avoid Shizuru, because they can attack from a distance and quickly switch to the other side. Akira and Arika can easily beat her. She can't hit you if you can't stay still. Just jump from side to side while attacking her. The same goes for fighting Shiromuku no HiME.

When I unlocked Shiho I was kinda disappointed as she's much weaker than Shiromuku no HiME, but actually she can easily combo most of her moves and got Yatagarasu's laser for her super.
Old 2008-09-01, 20:58   Link #172
gashunum

gah gah gah...

shizuru is just too painful, too strong, can't kill her even once. the naginata combo spawn attack + kiyohime is just killer and natsuki's bullets are not strong enough to kill her, duran powerful beam attack also doesn't hurt her badly, anymore suggestion anyone?
Old 2008-09-01, 21:42   Link #173
MakiMaki
Spiral Spin Serpentine

Shoot all of your bullets and then reload. It involves a lot of shooting n running. Just shoot her from as far as possible and run back. When you are almost in the corner try to jump over her. Also keep doing Load Silver Cartridge. Use the beam whenever you can. When she's doing her slash move, that's the time to do Silver Cartridge and shoot all of your bullets at her. Try to block her naginata, if I'm not wrong it hits low. Kiyohime also hits low, so block while crouching.
Old 2008-09-02, 01:17   Link #174
gashunum

Ah, thanks, really helped a lot. Thank you passed natsuki. So far I've finished with mai, natsuki, midori, akira, miyu, and still only miyu unlocked by first character.
Old 2008-09-03, 14:07   Link #175
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Finally got the game...
Can someone tell me where I have to put the patch ?

Thanks à lot.

Edit : Already unlock Miyu (after Mai), then Fumi and Shiho...
Edit 2 : Got Arika and Shizuru by completing the game with the 12 others...
Edit 3 : Got Haruka. So you just have to play in Story Mode with all to unlock the bonus Chara...

(And I was in easy mode cause Psycho-Shizuru just get on my nerves...)

Edit 4 : The game make my Computer crash. Arika, Shizuru and Haruka are now missing. I'm SOOOO borded right now.
Edit 5 : That's a lot of edit...
Edit 6 : Got back Arika and Shizuru. Guess I'll do their story to unlock Haruka again.

Do you guys got also a slow-down when facing Akira and Midori ?

Last edited by Sageblink; 2008-09-04 at 19:02.
Old 2008-09-05, 02:05   Link #176
gashunum

I've finished with 6 now... mai, natsuki, mikoto, midori, akira, and miyu, and still not unlock fumi and shiho...
Old 2008-09-05, 03:16   Link #177
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashunum View Post
I've finished with 6 now... mai, natsuki, mikoto, midori, akira, and miyu, and still not unlock fumi and shiho...
Here's how I unlock them (and which chara I played before another...) :

1 : Mai - Unlock Miyu
2 : Akane
3 : Miyu
4 : Mikoto
5 : Nao
6 : Yukino
7 : Yukariko
8 : Midori - Unlock Fumi
9 : Akira - Unlock Shiho
10 : Shiho
11 : Fumi
12 : Natsuki - Unlock Shizuru & Arika
13 : Shizuru
14 : Arika - Unlock Haruka
Old 2008-09-05, 04:03   Link #178
gashunum

Ah thank you, so I need another 2 to unlock Fumi
Old 2008-09-05, 05:28   Link #179
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

After completing twice the game, here's my opinion.
Artworks are nice, sprites are really great but some Childs are... Hum. Duran is just beautiful, but Gennai and Kiyohime, they just look... fake.

They should have mix up the anime, the manga and the ps2 game, and made more characters. Maybe they can add some via a patch...
I would love to play as :

Haruka - manga version (Koumokuten got to be ridiculously strong...)
Mashiro - manga version (White Rabbit spamming everywhere...)
Sakuya - ps2 game (cause Tsukuyomi is my favorite child ever...)
Miyu - ps2 game version
Alyssa - ps2 game version
Psycho-Shizuru
Ghost-Shiho

Who cares about continuity ?! BRING ALL THE HIME OF ALL UNIVERSE !
And gosh... some GUYS ! Nagi - Reito - Takumi - Tate - Takeda... Kazuya ?
Or even characters like Haruka with no powers : Aoi, Chie (special cellphone picture attack)...

Alternate costumes would be nice too, like... Natsuki's motorbycicle outfit, Mai, Akane and Midori as liddenbaum maids, Ninja Akira, Cyborg Miyu...

I WANT A SEQUEL !
Old 2008-09-05, 06:14   Link #180
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

There's a second patch for 1.02 version.

Still don't know how to patch it and where...
Closed Thread