AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 - Overall Series Impressions
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 43.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 23.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 8.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-08, 02:31   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans S2- Overall Series Impressions & Total Series

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans S2. your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 06:07   Link #2
darkone45

Thought I would post this here to if this turns out to be true

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...286777&page=44

( take it a with grin of salt tho since it is Neo Gaf and these guys really hate Tekkadan)

-Every other potential ending had every member of Tekkedan + Kudelia dying because Nagai felt none of them deserved to live and needed to pay for their actions. Okada fought for the ending we got the most positive ending, with the last five episodes were rewritten as a result.
-Okada admitted to never having any confidence in the writing for the second season
-Gaelio got special treatment because Okada liked his voice and she wanted him as MC because of it

The interview in question anyone wish to translate to see what it really says ?

darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 06:24   Link #3
dragon1412

my opinion ??? text too small, I can make out simple Kanji and all hiragana but the other more complex one look like a bunch of lines sew in the same place to me
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 06:33   Link #4
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
my opinion ??? text too small, I can make out simple Kanji and all hiragana but the other more complex one look like a bunch of lines sew in the same place to me
how about in a link format ? would that work ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C89vnVpXYAAWdAI.jpg hope this helps also zooming to 175% helps too
Old 2017-04-09, 06:44   Link #5
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
how about in a link format ? would that work ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C89vnVpXYAAWdAI.jpg hope this helps also zooming to 175% helps too
not good at all, I tried saving the image on my computer and then zoom it but it became blur instead, I can read that the first part was something about McGillis and " Adults" with Rustal, the is also a sentences about" McGillis is not the only one, the boys'..." and the last part list the name :" Orga, Mikazuki, Shino, Biscuit..." and something to do with Rustal ????? the Kanji in the middle is impossible to make out for me.

P.S: looking harder, there is also some part like leaving to Kudelia etc and changing the world ?????

At the very least, I don't see any of the same words that indicate what the Neogaf info on everyone dies here.
Old 2017-04-09, 06:53   Link #6
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
not good at all, I tried saving the image on my computer and then zoom it but it became blur instead, I can read that the first part was something about McGillis and " Adults" with Rustal, the is also a sentences about" McGillis is not the only one, the boys'..." and the last part list the name :" Orga, Mikazuki, Shino, Biscuit..." and something to do with Rustal ????? the Kanji in the middle is impossible to make out for me.

P.S: looking harder, there is also some part like leaving to Kudelia etc and changing the world ?????

At the very least, I don't see any of the same words that indicate what the Neogaf info on everyone dies here.
I see thanks for trying tho I was worried tho guys were telling the truth, thank god their not.
Old 2017-04-09, 06:57   Link #7
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
I see thanks for trying tho I was worried tho guys were telling the truth, thank god their not.
pretty sure it was fake info if they said this image is the one where that interview about everyone die, since the big words was about " the proof that Tekkadan has lived"
Old 2017-04-09, 11:18   Link #8
FerrusManus

Apart from the ending I liked the Season as a whole, so I give 9/10.

Animation Quality: 9
Voice Actors: 9
Script: 6
Soundtrack: 9
Editing: 9
Enjoyment: 9
Emotional Involvement: 8
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 12:24   Link #9
DMurphy

That bit about 'Okada liked Gaelio's VA's voice and wanted him as a main character,' is more than a little disingenuously phrased, darkone.

What it actually says is that Okada originally wrote Gaelio as 'just McGillis' friend' -- a character who wasn't really relevant to the wider plot, and basically just part of McGillis' supporting cast. After hearing his VA's performance, she was convinced to give him a larger role, because it was a performance with a lot of depth, and through his performance had given the character traits she hadn't written in (specifically, a certain amount of kindness).

Saying 'oh, she liked his voice' makes it sound like she just liked how his voice sounded and behaved unprofessionally, when actually she did what a lot of writers for television do: Altered a character's writing based on an actor's performance.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 15:30   Link #10
NBG

S1 had pacing problems. There were episode that seemed to drag on with no plot progression and nothing happening at all. The animation was sub par imo for a lot of scenes. Looking at S1 without any fanboy goggles on I would give it a 4/10.

S2 for me was a huge improvement. It still suffered from some pacing problems but there was a lot more happening. S2 let us know very clearly that Tekkadan were not our usual "protagonist" group. The members of Tekkadan extremely broken people by normal standards. It took me a while to understand that to be honest. For a lot of season 2 I kept asking "WHY THE HELL ARE THEY DOING THIS!?". The answer was very simple. It's all they knew. I was pissed off for a while that we weren't getting any "character development" for our protagonists. I got off that towards the end of the series. They were too broken to develop by normal means. It really made me appreciate S2 and even some of S1 for setting things up this way. I thought the series ended extremely well considering the story. There were things that I didn't like such as Arianhods flawless victory, McGillis magically ending up in space via Todos plot convenient space shuttle. S2 overall gets a 8/10 for me.

The OST for S2 is so good BTW I love it

As for the Series in general

Animation Quality: 6
Voice Actors: 10
Script: 6
Soundtrack: 10
Editing: 8
Enjoyment: 8
Emotional Involvement: 10
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 12:02   Link #11
Deim |Envy| Astaroth

Ss 2 wasted quite a lots of potential for me, for example Hush has some potential, but after Mika is crippled he becomes his carrier, and stop grows as a character. Or Julietta, Iok and Rustal, feel loke they should have more characterization and development so that we the viewer could became engage with them and accepted their victory, especially Iok like Hush has a lots of rooms for development and mature. Mika is nothing but a living plot-device. And Mcgillis, oh my Mcgillis, i understand that the ending is unique and realistic portrayal of war, i cant deal with the fact that Okada has make him a complete fool in order to give Rustal an unpperhand. While he is obsess with power in ss1, he understand politic, but expecting a plan that involves stealing a robot, doing some cool poses, then forcing others to listen to him to work is just plain stupid.

And while Gaelio's character arc is the thing i love the most abt the anime, you've to admit that his return as Vidar leaves too many unanswer question right ? How could he survive Mc's attack, how can he escape the battlefield, how come that nobody know that his body was missing ? And why didnt he report immediately about Mcgillis actions instead of waiting until Mcgillis becomes the leader of Gjarhorn by default ? If he do it, then SS2 wont have happened, and Tekkadan would had peacefully doing their business. And continue with how Mcgillis got turned into a idiot, if Mcgillis spare Gaelio, it would just make his character worse.
Deim |Envy| Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 12:18   Link #12
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deim |Envy| Astaroth View Post
How could he survive Mc's attack,
Actually, in the last episode of S1 (before S2 started), fans have been addressing how McG missed Kimaris' cockpit slightly. They even took a zoomed-in screenshot of it. It's clearly a setup for S2. It's McG's fault for not double-tapping Gaelio.

Quote:
how can he escape the battlefield,
Rustal saved his life at the crucial time. The show already said as much.

Quote:
how come that nobody know that his body was missing ?
Because Rustal arranged his fake death complete with cremating a fake body as can be concluded from Isurugi's report and Gallus' reaction when Gaelio is "back from the dead".

Quote:
And why didnt he report immediately about Mcgillis actions instead of waiting until Mcgillis becomes the leader of Gjarhorn by default ?
Gaelio already said in the show that he wanted to see McG's true face and know his true intention while feeding Rustal with intel about McG. Gali even acknowledged that it's a bit selfish of him IIRC. And for that, he is willing to wait for McG (to climb higher) with Rustal's support in anticipating McG's steps.
Old 2017-04-10, 12:55   Link #13
Deim |Envy| Astaroth

Dude, you once again show how good of a reviewer you are. I admire you.

But still, it's still dumb that the reason Gaelio survived was because Mc missed. But well, he also missed during Iok.
Deim |Envy| Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 18:55   Link #14
Knight_SV

or maybe okada purposedly making gaelio survived because she likes masaya matsukaze's performance? LOL
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 20:15   Link #15
Tenzen12

Gaelio likely survived, because McGillis didn't have as strong nerves as he wished. Killing best friend is not exactly most pleasant job after all.

As for Idiok, it didn't really matter whether he lives or die, so there wasn't need especially put effort to kill him.
Old 2017-04-10, 23:22   Link #16
DMurphy

We may just have to admit that, actually, maybe McGillis just has shit aim.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 23:33   Link #17
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Not really, in both case we see that McGillis actually strike into the cockpit, but both of them just survive, especially Idiok, I mean, we see the goddamn blade inside the cockpit with him still somehow managed to dodged it
Old 2017-04-11, 02:50   Link #18
Skye629

My Verdict:

Animation Quality: 7 (Mostly good, but there are notable parts which the animation quality drops)
Voice Actors: 10 (Superb)
Script: 5 (Yeah I think we beat this dead horse already no?)
Soundtrack: 10 (Haven't found a single Gundam show who's OST have disappointed me)
Editing: 9 (Im assuming this is how scenes/dialogue/music goes together?)
Enjoyment: 8 (Overall enjoyable, at the end of the day its entertainment)
Emotional Involvement: 7

Average/Overall Score: 8

Interesting ride, thats for sure
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 03:02   Link #19
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Actually, no, we can't. Back in episode 5, McG singlehandedly aimed and hit Barbie's thruster (while moving) just to test how AV-System worked on Mika. Not to mention his Schwalbe Graze at the time was a needy MS that can only be properly used by ace or at least above-average pilots.
Old 2017-04-11, 03:24   Link #20
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sometimes, people just get lucky.