AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-10, 15:02   Link #161
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I find that kinda hard to agree with seen as how "lifeless" hayate has become as a series. Even with the recent eps, it is nothing but rinse, dry and repeat - also it seems that the character here in this series are more "colourful". Even the head butler kicks ass unlike kaus But most importantly...I prefer the oujo sama in this series more than the one in hayate :3
you get tripple that action here, there are three "Ojou-sama".
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:08   Link #162
Midonin
Last Engage

During the "What is a butler?" scene, the backdrop looked almost like the one in the opening narration in the first half of Hayate. Same dark clouds, same grass, same wind...all that was missing was the narrator.

I think I'm going to like both this and Hayate, though, and see them as their own show, even if there are a few elements shared. Seeing the show itself acknowledge it makes it fine with me.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:19   Link #163
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
The mutual sister/brother complex between Mihato and Ren already makes this a winner.
Also the fact that Shinra and Ren share their Sisterly comlex makes also more interesting.
Oh yes, indeed. Ren's sister complex moments is usually of the protective and the "amaenbo" nature somewhat, whereas Mihato can be actually hilarious with her moments of brother complex-iness. I hope they highlight those parts from the game where she shines with her funny display of it.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:22   Link #164
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
I find that kinda hard to agree with seen as how "lifeless" hayate has become as a series. Even with the recent eps, it is nothing but rinse, dry and repeat - also it seems that the character here in this series are more "colourful". Even the head butler kicks ass unlike kaus But most importantly...I prefer the oujo sama in this series more than the one in hayate :3
I'm sorry to see you don't enjoy Hayate as much as I do, but you can't please everyone. "Colourful" after one episode? we'll see. And there's nothing wrong with Klaus, who wouldn't fall for an old man who irons newpapers every morning?

Still you makes it sound like the whole reason I watch Hayate is for the loli... *looks away.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:28   Link #165
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh no, I'm not saying that you are wrong for liking hayate, I just don't enjoy it as much. We will see what happens, but comparing this to ep 1 of hayate, I like this series more as it is more attuned to my tastes

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:41   Link #166
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
I like this series more as it is more attuned to my tastes
so you're into brother and sister complex? oops, i mean we wont go into that. I guess we all have out little secret affections...
Old 2008-01-10, 15:52   Link #167
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Really I loved This Anime...Watched Ep 1...I Give It..10/10..
Old 2008-01-10, 15:54   Link #168
ThoHell

Hm....brother complex....sister complex.....hmmm, typical trend for anime I guess. Besides that this series should be awesome! At first I was thinking it was a rib off of Hayate no Gotoku, but after watching it realized it was very different.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:57   Link #169
kujoe
from head to heel

The sibling complex thing is just one of the things that's apparent in this show. The mistress-butler aspect is still the main theme overall.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 16:00   Link #170
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, just wow. The return of Domon Kasshu (Tomokazu Seki, who voices Ren) and Master Asia (Yousuke Akimoto, head butler) from Mobile Suit G Gundam. I was crying tears of joy during the "What is a butler?" scene. Brilliant!
Old 2008-01-10, 16:00   Link #171
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
The sibling complex thing is just one of the things that's apparent in this show. The mistress-butler aspect is still the main theme overall.
Well yeah we know that, but the one thing that hits everyone is that complex. I think that made the strongest impression on mostly everyone, but I guess it's funny if you don't take it too seriously.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 16:44   Link #172
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
so you're into brother and sister complex? oops, i mean we wont go into that. I guess we all have out little secret affections...
No, I'm more interested in how Shinra is going to show her "high and mighty" attitude onto ren, making his life a living hell but also giving us that rare side of her we don't usually see from oujo samas...her love for lolis her sister is captivating. Also I can't wait to hear how "gin sama" is going to throw her voice for more punishment...haha!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-01-10, 16:46   Link #173
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

First ep is funny. The plot feels very predictable with Ren eventually become the ultimate butler and score with her masters. At least Miyu already fall for him. The premise of this series seems to be the cast of wackiest charasters. Hopefully future eps will stay humorous like this one.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 17:01   Link #174
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
No, I'm more interested in how Shinra is going to show her "high and mighty" attitude onto ren, making his life a living hell but also giving us that rare side of her we don't usually see from oujo samas...her love for lolis her sister is captivating. Also I can't wait to hear how "gin sama" is going to throw her voice for more punishment...haha!
sure mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
First ep is funny. The plot feels very predictable with Ren eventually become the ultimate butler and score with her masters. At least Miyu already fall for him. The premise of this series seems to be the cast of wackiest charasters. Hopefully future eps will stay humorous like this one.
The ultimate butler harem, anyone?
Old 2008-01-10, 17:18   Link #175
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Hidoi!

What did Shinra do so far to assume that she's gonna make Ren's life living hell? ^_^

Hehehe
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 17:32   Link #176
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
What did Shinra do so far to assume that she's gonna make Ren's life living hell? ^_^
She's going to make him cute, like a panda!
Old 2008-01-10, 17:39   Link #177
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hidoi!

Hehehe
Deja vu feeling
And I'm sure that ren's reaction towards carrying her from bed in the morning isn't natural...he cried...wtf...

Old 2008-01-10, 17:40   Link #178
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
he cried...wtf...
I had the feeling that was to do with him being a Butler in training.
Old 2008-01-10, 17:41   Link #179
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Eh, not impressed. It's so obviously pandering to otaku it's not even funny.

I mean, this is not Hayate! If you want to break the Fourth Wall and talk about loli's and the like then the Hayate no Gotoku way is the way to go.

This is just, well, too obvious man. We have a bunch of fetishes together and even the characters themselves acknowledge it. One character goes "why am I not moe enough?"

That, the obviously very low production values (colored cardboard people bothers me), and the fact that I don't like the main character's face, attitude, and voice means I probably won't follow up on this one.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 19:56   Link #180
UPR

Quote:
he cried...wtf...
He cried because he is a butler apprentice. Nobody would cry because of carrying Shinra.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, seinen