AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-20, 14:23   Link #21
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Now could dorfl possibly be gay when he/she lives in meowland?
Old 2003-11-20, 21:40   Link #22
AnimeFangirl

How indeed?
Old 2003-11-20, 22:09   Link #23
Setonai

I Hope they finally make
Mahou Sensei Negi into an anime already
the manga has so many similarities to love hina
Old 2003-11-20, 22:25   Link #24
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Negima hasn't even been going for a year, man... making an anime out of something like that would be sickeningly horrible. If not because it's based on a child love fantasy, then because the current plot only holds enough substance for 5 episodes max, and those would be stretched beyond recognition.
Old 2003-11-20, 23:02   Link #25
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

well i havent read all the posts in this thread coz ermm i cant be asked but i will answer the initial question/statement...why manga is better than anime...well i do believe that manga is better sometimes and my reasons for this are:
Stories are normally more detailed etc
Characters look kooler and sexier
ermm cant think of anymore lol soz bye xxx
Old 2003-11-20, 23:22   Link #26
Setonai

Negima manga has been going
I'm on Chapter 19
Still making anime out of it would be worth it for
me, Love Hina was mai all time favorite, the second one isn;t
too bad at all, only Ken Akamatsu never makes new designs for his chracters
Old 2003-11-20, 23:41   Link #27
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Um, like I said, it hasn't even been out even a year yet. Most mangas aren't animated until at least 3 years after first publication (look at Naruto, that was over 4 years, and it was wildly popular, far more so than Negima).

And Akamatsu has 3 mangas out, Negima being the third. His first was 'Ai ga Tomarenai'.
Old 2003-11-21, 00:42   Link #28
bluemist
i am the mist

Was there an anime for 'Ai ga Tomarenai'?
Old 2003-11-21, 01:57   Link #29
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd be willing to bet that there isn't. If there had been an anime, I'm sure multiple groups would have picked it up after the love hina boom of 2000...
Old 2003-11-21, 05:16   Link #30
Hoshisama
some what spectacular....

i guess manga is more original and goes a faster paste than anime. b/c compare DBZ if you know what i mean.... but I also agree both anime and manga have it's unique side to it since "they wanted to make $$$" makes you want to buy the anime and manga
Old 2003-11-22, 01:36   Link #31
Setonai

Ai ga Tomarenai?
I didn;t know that, he has only three Series?

Whats that about anyways
Old 2003-11-22, 02:22   Link #32
outlaw55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckme10
Why manga is better then anime.
hmm well as you can see i was going to place a picture here but looks like geocities won't let me. So i'll put it like this. Manga tends to go into far more detail then anime. And sometimes have different paths then the anime. Take kenshin for example.... damn it won't let me show that picture....

Warning MAJOR kenshin spoiler:
http://www.geocities.com/luckme10/kenshin01

'nuff said.
People who prefer the anime over manga usually don't take part in these conversations, but I will just this once. The fact that manga is better, is not a fact at all. One simple fact is some people prefer the "Manga" style of things and reading a animated book, as for me I like to enjoy music and movement to allow me to MORE ENJOY the work. Most of the time I find the manga really to spoil the experience of the show itself.

Yes it may contain more detail or different paths, but for some of us, that is not a concern

**Please don't flame, I am just giving my point of view to you manga lovers **
Old 2003-11-22, 03:06   Link #33
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonai
Ai ga Tomarenai?
I didn;t know that, he has only three Series?

Whats that about anyways
I explained it here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1238

Also, I just remembered another one he did/is doing (I don't follow it, so I don't know how long it is...). And that would be 'Earth Defender Mao-chan' (Sorry, I forget the full title, but that's pretty much it). It's about a group of 3 elementary school girls who save the earth from the invasion of the sickeningly cute aliens. One of the most retarded things I've seen in quite some time, really. And it has an anime.
Old 2003-11-22, 05:23   Link #34
AnimeFangirl

Oh, I've heard of that one. Exactly how sickeningly cute are these sickeningly cute aliens? You can't have too much cuteness, I always say.
Old 2003-11-22, 07:57   Link #35
Geist
Mind Spirit

Besides the more detailed reasoning, I'd also say that you get more plot for less file size/money.
But I wouldn't say mangas are better than animes, both have their advantages and disadvantages, it's only matter of taste which one you prefer.
Old 2003-11-22, 12:48   Link #36
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Oh, I've heard of that one. Exactly how sickeningly cute are these sickeningly cute aliens? You can't have too much cuteness, I always say.
The REALLY cute ones are beyond human concepts of cute. When the army sees them, they just kinda melt away at the cuteness.

Old 2003-11-29, 21:23   Link #37
elian85

Send a message via ICQ to elian85
2 different 2 compare

u should watch animes with friends and it s a bit easier then readin (for me ,cuz i m lazy). maybe they deal with the same story but anime and manga are different things.
as said b4 manga goes more into detail, like in the chobits manga u get to know more about the creator and the development (connected 2 angelic layer....), but the anime owns as well. it is more the ahhh feeling (hope u can understand me) when so c chii flyin after gettin touched her.... or naruto crushin so.
and for me, i gotta pay more then 15€ (bit more then 15$) to get a new english manga cuz the german translation sucks. and ebay.de has not everything i want.
Closed Thread