Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 18:44   Link #221
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiel View Post
It's not just Hooves' curse. I heard that people who use the term abomination... well they become alcoholics. On top of that they grow to have a hunch, leathery skin, and eyes that are constantly scrutinizing everything.

If you still use the word after that... Well you slowly develop a god complex, and look down on anyone different. Forget about alternative life styles and religions, because they're all wrong and are an abomination. Then in time you grow to think people with medical conditions and disabilities should be killed off.

It is almost like you're turning into a self-centered ghoul who has forgotten to dream, and before you know it... you hate everyone... even yourself~

That is the abomination curse.

(Less than subtle dig at my family)
That's how the process will commence if papermario continues to use the word But my curse will never really go that far
Old 2011-01-12, 19:10   Link #222
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Haha, mine will rawr! Because I dislike that word it's been used on me so many times~ That drawing has beauty in it. It can't be an abomination if it has beauty or creates enjoyment.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 19:33   Link #223
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiel View Post
Haha, mine will rawr! Because I dislike that word it's been used on me so many times~ That drawing has beauty in it. It can't be an abomination if it has beauty or creates enjoyment.
I would be best aware not to be under your curses then Sofiel
Old 2011-01-12, 19:36   Link #224
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Hehe, it's for the best~ I do boils, and various similar things~ They don't call me Medea for nothing :3
Old 2011-01-12, 21:53   Link #225
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Note taken, I shall never use that word again Apologies if I somehow got to someone with the use of that word. DX

Anyways, still writing Chapter 4, and still outlining/fixing the K-ON drawing. Hopefully I'll have an upload tonight
Old 2011-01-12, 22:10   Link #226
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Definitely no offense here, because you aren't a nasty natured person. Also you're talking about your drawing which I completely disagree with. It is good to me. I look forward to your uploads~ *hides her cursing implements*
Old 2011-02-05, 00:53   Link #227
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

My February EMDAS entry!

Genesis II

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth."
Laughing a sick and somewhat desperate laugh, the man crumpled the sacred pages with both of his hands. He looked up to the heavens and exclaimed:

"Created the Earth?! Well then God, you tell me where the hell everybody disappeared to. Is this a sick joke, God? I'm telling you...I'M NOT LAUGHING!"

It had been 7 days now. The worst cycle of monophobia was beginning to rise from within the man, and he had finally broken down on the day of the Sabbath. He had no memories except for the fact that mankind had left him in this cruel world.

"Heh. Hehehehe. HAHAHA!" the man was literally almost in tears at this point.
"You know, it IS somewhat funny! Destroy all of humanity but physically leave the Earth behind...SICK, but funny."

With no options left, the man began to circle the mysterious garden where he had awoke. Lush trees with colourful fruits rose up from every inch, and it was all perfectly edible. The man had been feasting off of the fruit since awakening, but for an unexplainable reason, he would not eat the fruit from the center tree. There was nothing holding him back, but a sharp pain came to him whenever he even considered tasting the oddly shaped delectable.

"Another day of the same food. I can't stand this for much longer, but at least I'm not starving." the man took a bite of one of the fruits, looked at the skies and yelled:
"You hear me, God? I will defeat you and your sick world! You can't bring me down THAT easily!"

And the instant the last word escaped his mouth, the man fell into a state of deep sleep. He slept and he slept, and several hours passed before he awoke again.

"Ah, good. You're awake!"

The man heard it. The voice of a human, but to him, it was the voice of an angel. Turning around, he caught a glimpse of a young woman, standing nude without shame. Within a few seconds, the man cried heavy tears. The woman hunched over and consoled him without a second thought.

"Thank you Lord! O' great Lord, I thank thee!" he exclaimed.

The woman had no memories of her own, as the man quickly found out. Conversation was almost impossible as there was nothing to remember, nothing they had in common. Yet they lived in the magical garden, living off of the fruits that seemed to be infinite. But they never dared to touch the fruit from the center tree. Neither of them knew why, but there was something about that tree that caused pain for the man and the woman.

Living off of one food, nude and not knowing. This continued for several days; the same repetitive thing. The man was sick of it all, and his faith was almost on the brink of destruction. All he wished was to go back to his old lifestyle with his two sons and wife. While alone and deep in thought, the man heard a sinister voice.

"Ssssooo, you want to know what'sssss happened to your world?" slithered the slippery voice.

It was already too late, the man was beyond intrigued. Something about this voice wasn't right, but the seduction of knowledge rendered the man useless.

"Yes, yes! What had happened? How can I return?" he desperately asked.
"The fruitssssss on the tree in the middle. They hold the anssswer you sseeeek. Eat one, and you will know all."
"I don't know...there is something wrong with eating the fruit from that tree." said the man, not having a reason behind his claim.
"It'sssss fine...It'ssssss just sssssome fruit, ssssame as the otherssssss. It'ssssss the only way."

And with that said, the man was convinced. The woman was nowhere in sight, but that didn't matter. Slowly, he made his way to the center tree, and despite the sharp pain he felt, he plucked one of the fruits and took a large bite.

In an instant, it all came back.

"Where have you gone? It's time to eat!" shouted the woman.
With a booming voice, the man yelled: "EVE!"
"E-Eve? Is that...my name?" she shuddered.
"Trust me, one bite of this fruit and you'll know all."

And without hesitation, she took a bite.
The only word she could tearfully speak a second later was: "ADAM!"

Their memories had returned. Adam and Eve patched together coverings from fig leaves, now ashamed of their nude skin. It was odd, but Adam thought he could hear a sinister laugh slithering away.

"Eve, you remember! You truly...re..mem.."

And with that, the man dropped. Comatose, but not dead.

In shock, the woman began to scream for her husband. "ADAM! A...DA..."

And the woman immediately joined him.

"W-WHA! WHAT IS THIS?!"

A strong jolt awoke the man and he was in the garden, alone. There was nobody in sight, and all he clutched in his hand were the sacred pages of God's word.

"W-where is everyone? Am I the only one?!" he cried.

The wind carried a declaration from the Almighty, and Adam swore he heard it.
"Thou shalt not eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil."
Old 2011-02-23, 20:49   Link #228
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Do you know why this thread been quieter...

The purpose of this thread is like a library where you can read... in library of course it needs silence, that's the same in this thread

or maybe people don't usually make some comments since they kinda stunned (in a nice way XD)after reading >_< ...

sorry for speaking
Shiro
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 23:14   Link #229
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
Do you know why this thread been quieter...

The purpose of this thread is like a library where you can read... in library of course it needs silence, that's the same in this thread

or maybe people don't usually make some comments since they kinda stunned (in a nice way XD)after reading >_< ...

sorry for speaking
Oh, a logical deduction indeed; "It's elementary, my dear Watson!"

Okay then folks, keep your voices down in the library, but I'll be sitting at the front desk for your criticism and opinions.

Thanks for the compliment, Patchy-san^^
Old 2011-02-25, 22:29   Link #230
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

*Enters talking loudly and swinging her messanger bag around* If only the genesis story read like that more of us might have paid attention to it. I like that retelling and found it read easy. I also find your chapters are quite short or I have been reading too much fantasy fiction. Either way I enjoyed them quite a bit.
Melpomene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 02:45   Link #231
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Thank you for your kind words

You're correct about the chapters; it's actually going to play out like a choose your own story with multiple arcs and a true ending, after everything is written. That is why the chapters are so short; there will be a TON of them.
Old 2011-02-26, 03:28   Link #232
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Also, I'll be working on more writing now, but with a shakily cold hand and the need to draw from recollection only, I made this abomination of a drawing:O

Unlike my other drawings, this one has messy, unconnected lines, and it isn't even properly outlined. If you can look over these major problems, then hopefully you like it^^
Now that's a badass drawing
Old 2011-02-26, 14:05   Link #233
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Thank you for your kind words

You're correct about the chapters; it's actually going to play out like a choose your own story with multiple arcs and a true ending, after everything is written. That is why the chapters are so short; there will be a TON of them.
Those chapters are short.... I can't imagine how long a story has to be for you to admit it
Old 2011-02-28, 19:49   Link #234
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

Choose your own adventure is quite exciting. As I mentioned before I used to read them and pick the bad end always. I used to find it quite funny that I would. I see, and there are going to be tons of options too. You are doing well if you've not gotten lost yet~

Well off to rehearsal!
Old 2011-03-02, 07:29   Link #235
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Now that's a badass drawing
Why, thank you^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Those chapters are short.... I can't imagine how long a story has to be for you to admit it
Perhaps I shouldn't have classified them as "chapters". Think of them as splitting points; in the final version you will jump between different points depending on how you decide to progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
Choose your own adventure is quite exciting. As I mentioned before I used to read them and pick the bad end always. I used to find it quite funny that I would. I see, and there are going to be tons of options too. You are doing well if you've not gotten lost yet~

Well off to rehearsal!
Thank you for your kind words - odd how you always manage to pick the bad end; I could never really foresee a bad ending. >.>
Old 2011-03-03, 15:34   Link #236
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

EMDAS 2011 March Entry!

One Man

Decline

"I'm just one man, what can I do?" The man was deep in thought, despite his laboured breathing.

"WHAT THE HELL!" he suddenly screamed, as he tore the tender flesh off his knuckles on the nearby steel railing. Spectators on the same sidewalk scurried by, shocked by the sight that unfolded before them.

Many gaze upon the troubled man, yet none stop to ease his pain. They simply keep on walking, dragging the man's last hopes with them.

"Mommy, what is that man doing?"
"Sssh, don't look at him! Come now, just keep walking."

When the screaming subsided, the one man realized that nobody would become wary of his desperate pleas. If only one man would step forth, only one...

Desperation

"You...bloody...cruel...world."
Oh, how differently the one man viewed the world now; it was somewhat ironic. It had only been 3 months ago when he knew true happiness.

~~~~~~~~~
"I-It's a girl! She looks like an angel!" cried the man, as he held the new member of his family. Turning his head to face his beautiful wife, he couldn't be more thankful that they were all together. "I'm the luckiest man alive, you know that?" he had said.
~~~~~~~~~

And the irony of those words had sunk in. He wasn't the luckiest man alive; it was simply a moment of bliss. Bellowing a sick laugh, he slumped down into his own pool of blood, which still flowed freshly from his open wound. At that exact moment, the sirens of an ambulance could be heard; it would only be a few more clicks before the man would be whisked away for treatment and incarceration.

Demolition

"S-Stay back, you bastards!" he cried. Following standard procedure, the medical team did not halt their progression on the one man. There was no choice left for the man.

And in the span of 3 seconds, the trauma team was on the floor. "WE NEED BACKUP! PATIENT IS ARMED AND DANGEROUS!"

Laughing in a sick tone once again, the one man began to step backwards in a trance. Once he had stepped over the obstructive railing, he held his balance and pointed the firearm at his own temple.

"YOU WANT TO HELP ME NOW?! AFTER I rend the flesh off of my skin, AFTER I lose everything, and AFTER I faced rejection from all who gazed at my situation. After...I lost...everything."

That was when the one man reminisced upon his tragedy, his undoing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm the luckiest man alive, you know that, honey?" and very weakly, she had replied with a smile. No words needed to be uttered, the one man simply cracked a smile back.

Their bliss however, would be quite short-lived. "Congratulations, Mr. Y...w-what? WHAT? Quickly! Charge the defibrillator!"

As the panic spread across the floor, all that could be heard were the doctors and the beeping from the equipment. Another shout, "Raise the charge to 200! CLEAR!" but the whirring of electrodes could not open her eyes. It was over in mere minutes.

There was nothing left; both the giver of life and her offspring had passed on before they could taste life in its entirety.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the metal obstruction, the one man broke into tears. Suddenly, one bold man had stepped up from the ground to approach the man on the railing.

"Please sir, we just want to hel..."
Then, a squeaking noise. Sneakers scrape across the metal as the man falls backwards over the protective barrier.
As he fell, he could see the bold man's eyes on the bridge above; the sincerity in his eyes...

"Somebody did care...thank God."
The dreary echoing of a lost soul resonated upwards towards the people above as he took his last breath.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-03-14 at 03:48.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 23:07   Link #237
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

My ability to pick the bad ending is uncanny. Though I do pick really stupid options sometimes on purpose.
Old 2011-03-14, 00:28   Link #238
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

*pick up a chair* >>> *sitted down*

and reading quietly ^^...

finished... ..*left some note*

Spoiler for tadah!:
Shiro
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 02:39   Link #239
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
My ability to pick the bad ending is uncanny. Though I do pick really stupid options sometimes on purpose.
What one considers "stupid" may be "logical" to another. It's perfectly okay in visual novels as you can try again and pick different paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
*pick up a chair* >>> *sitted down*

and reading quietly ^^...

finished... ..*left some note*

Spoiler for tadah!:
Many thanks, Patchy-san^^

NOTE: Since this is taking a visual novel approach, I've realized that uploading the story in this method may cause me to stray from my original intentions. Ergo, I am taking down the current "chapters" and swapping them for larger portions. I'll also decorate them in the proper fashion and upload it in the way it was meant to be read. "Chapters" will be longer and I will post the story in individual arcs leading to each ending, starting with the bad endings and moving up. Not to worry, the story itself will not change, but I'm now using my backup version I had prepared - there are some changes to atmosphere and setting. Also, since there are character limitations for each post, I shall post in smaller segments and more frequently.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-03-14 at 05:22.
Old 2011-03-14, 03:44   Link #240
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Prologue: The Search For Knowledge

The date is August 18, 2020, 6:30 AM.

*beep*
*beep*
*beep*

“Alright already, I’m up! Are you happy now, you ridiculously obnoxious alarm?”

My name is Akio Keitaro. It was 19 years ago on this day when I became a part of this world. “How will I celebrate my date of birth?” you ask? What if I was to tell you that I am going to spend it at a parapsychology convention? I know, not quite the norm…let me inform you though; what society considers normal is unappealing to me. Clairvoyance, telekinesis, psychokinesis – all of it is fascinating; wouldn’t it be amazing if you had those abilities? I sincerely believe that there is proof of parapsychological powers out there; today I continue my long search for the truth.

A thunderous crash came down on the snooze button as usual, but I’m not one to lull around in the morning.

“So, 19 already, huh?”

I was way too excited to go back to sleep anyways. Not only was I invited to this mysterious event, but I was permitted to invite two companions as well. I felt a wave of excitement come over me when I remembered who I had invited – I won’t tell you who yet, but let’s just say that they’ll make today’s event positively blissful.

“Time for a shower; I want to be sure I’m not late for this thing.”

The shower always takes a long time to heat up; this is why I always wake up early. What’s that? You want to know more about the convention? I suppose I can tell you while the world’s weakest heater works on heating this water.

“Knowledge” is the name of today’s event. Here’s the strange thing – the supposed “parapsychology convention” is proudly floundering the release of a mystical gem on its advertisement. That’s right, the main reason most are attending today’s event is to witness the release of the gem known as “Knowledge”. It is said that this magnificent jewel has the power to grant one’s deepest desire, should they possess the ability to make a connection with it. Sounds pretty interesting, wouldn’t you say?

As the water finally heats up, I made sure not to take too long under the soothing flow of water. The event isn’t scheduled to begin until 8, but I want to make sure I arrive before my companions do.

“Today’s a special day. Better make sure I look my absolute best.”

Having said that, I took the styling gel with a thick viscosity and applied it to my jet-black hair. The epic struggle managed to last just under 2 minutes, but I was victorious in the end – my satisfaction was guaranteed.

Pulling my well-ironed shirt from its hanger, I quickly scoped out a matching pair of jeans to wear with it. I had even managed to locate my watch, wallet and cell phone in a matter of seconds. Making sure I wasn’t leaving anything behind, I stepped out into the welcoming sunlight.

Convention Centre
7:13 A.M.

“Looks like this is it.”

I took in a deep breath and inhaled the scent of a bright morning. Neither of my companions had made it yet, but that was to be expected – I did show up almost an hour early, after all. I should mention – the first thing that caught my eye when I arrived was the shape of this building. Take a good look; reminds you a lot of Escher’s works, doesn’t it? The winding staircase that led here pays homage to the Ascending and Descending lithograph, and the framework for this edifice reminds me of Belvedere. I noticed that as mathematical impossibilities, these structures need to be viewed from a certain point to achieve the illusional effect. There are several partitions that prevent one from leaving the correct line of sight; this centre was very well built.

Upon glancing at my wristwatch, I noticed that gazing upon these marvels had certainly passed the time. I took a seat on another undecidable figure; a bench that appeared to elevate one side in a convex motion, while mysteriously concaving on the other. The illusion could once again only be achieved for those in the correct positions – anyone merely passing by would see two people sitting on separate benches. These paradoxical figures were nothing new to me; we’d study them on various occasions in college. I had only lowered myself to the bench’s level for about half a minute or so when a voice called out to me.

“Akio, there you are!”

Up the impossible staircase came a shining light, a divine soul, an old friend.

“Hey, you made it!” I shouted.

She flashed a brilliant smile that could cleanse the blackest heart. Her unmatchable sense of fashion radiated stronger than ever today – it’s no wonder why so many guys are after her. Upon her flowing chestnut hair she adorned an adorable beret that accentuated her dainty twin-tails. Taking extra caution not to become blinded to her sheer beauty, one could also notice the stylish hoodie that fit perfectly over her somewhat small stature. She wore a cute skirt that adhered to her tiny waist, and a pair of black stockings with trendy red and white sneakers sat near the bottom. To top it off, a single bangle composed of tiny cubes that uttered the name “S-U-Z-U” clasped around her left wrist. Simply put, Suzu is my oldest and closest friend, and if you’ve failed to notice by this point, I’ve had an interest in her for a couple of years now.

“That’s right, it’s me!” she gleamed. Flashing an unfairly angelic glare at me, she raised an eyebrow and asked: “You haven’t forgotten me, have you?”

Shaking my head furiously, I took on a large grin and answered in a booming, announcer-like voice.

“Introducing: The World’s Greatest Mystery Detective – Ms. Suzu Yoshiko!”

Even her giggle was heavenly. For a few seconds, I had lost all thoughts going through my mind. Regaining my basic composure, I brought a new question to light.

“Hey Suzu, you didn’t come with Marise-san?”

“No, she said she had a prior engagement to attend to and told me to head up first. Plus, I couldn’t keep you waiting, could I?”

Her consideration, coupled with her incredible smile made me the happiest man on Earth. What? “Who’s Marise?” you ask? Well you see, Nariko Marise is my seco…

“Stop.”

It was Suzu who had spoken. Her adorable persona had quickly transposed into a professional one, and she began to scan the area. As her left hand reached her right ear, Suzu seemed to hear something that I obviously could not.

“The subtle squeaking of Size 8 sneakers. The scent of a light perfume, and the footsteps of one who is about 5’8.”

While I was still in a shocked state, Suzu gave her fingers a loud snap and shared her presumptions.

“It’s Nariko-chi, no doubt about it.”

I was surprised beyond belief as Marise Nariko slowly progressed up the winding staircase. Maybe Suzu was cut out for detective work, after all. I couldn’t give her the satisfaction that quickly, so I hid my bewildered look and gave her a simple thumbs up. I could instantly tell though – her senses were sharp enough to catch my attempt at deception. Quickly turning my head to avoid the awkward aftermath, I shouted out to Marise-san.

“Marise-san! You made it!”

She stood slightly taller than Suzu did, but her fashionable taste was much simpler from any angle. Nariko Marise was a shy girl, you see. Her plain and calming clothing reflected her sheltered personality – she didn’t want any extra attention at any time. One could not call her unfashionable though, as her style never failed to emit a soothing emotion to anyone who would gaze upon her subtle presence. Perceiving a strong feeling of calmness flow over myself as well, I suddenly realized that this semblance would circulate for the entire time we would be together.

“A-ah, yes. Thank you for inviting me today.” Such a polite girl.
“It’s no problem at all, thank you for coming.” I made sure to be as polite as possible.

“Enough of the waiting, let’s go in!”

As much as I appreciated Suzu’s enthusiasm, we were prohibited from entering until the set time. To pass the time, I decided to take the group to see the other paradoxical curiosities that had set their foundations upon the square we were currently exploring. Looking through the outer glass casing of the main building, I pointed to yet another abnormality.

“See? Another Escher-like structure. Notice how the illusion causes the stairs to appear in an impossible state; they appear to be flowing upwards, then magically vanish into the floor of the next floor.”

Both of them looked fascinated, but I knew damn well that they already had knowledge of impossible objects and Escher lithographs. To the one who flat-out claimed that males were more intelligent than females – I call complete bullshit on that. It was well known on campus that Nariko Marise had a staggering intelligence quotient of 149 – very high for a 16 year old. I followed close behind at 140 at the age of 19, and Suzu stayed strong at 132 at 17 years of age.

Suzu’s strong senses suddenly struck again, almost as if they controlled her actions.

“Somebody’s about to speak. Somebody important.” What a perceptive teenager.

Through a series of loudspeakers, a majestic voice filled the vibrant air. “Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! We are pleased that so many of you have come out to our special event today.” A strange aura began to surround the speech itself – even I could sense it without Suzu’s assistance. “As you are all aware, today’s convention will be held for two reasons – to satisfy the minds of parapsychologists, and to also unveil the mystical gem known as ‘Knowledge’. Allow me to inform you all that there is actually a third reason why we have called you here today.”

Chatter instantly broke out within the large crowd; it seems as if nobody had a firm grasp on the situation.

“Akio, what’s happening?” Suzu was curious, but appeared to keep a straight face.

Through the mumblings of a crowd lost in solicitude, I felt a sudden tap on my left shoulder.

“Yo, bud. This smell fishy to you, or what?”

Tilting my head slightly towards the voice, I locked eyes with a well-built man who appeared to be somewhere in his early adult years. In an almost quivering stage, a younger girl clad in dark attire was fully concealed behind the man. Avoiding the urge to ask questions, I attempted to give a somewhat prudent response.

”You’re right. I can’t put my finger on it, but something seems amiss. Got an educated guess on the current situation?”

“There is insufficient information to formulate what you call an ‘educated guess’, but I’d speculate that we’ve been lied to in some way.”

The stranger seemed to know what he was talking about. As his line of sight fixated directly on my face, I noticed his bloodstained eyes. Wait…are they bloodstained? No! His…his eyes are red…

He seemed to notice my reactions upon gazing into his oddly coloured irises. Shaking it off, he placed a friendly hand on my left shoulder.

“The name’s Red, bud! The little one behind me is known as Black.”

Turning my body to fully face the mysterious pair, I followed through with my introduction.

“Akio’s what they call me. The energetic recessionista is Suzu, and the quieter scholar is Marise-san.”

Red seemed to have figured it all out. Passing me a subtle wink that implied “Good job!” he presented his analysis.

“So let’s see…”
“One. You’ve known Miss Suzu here much longer than Miss Marise here.”

He was spot on. I assume he deduced that using the respectable suffix I always add to Marise’s name.

“Two. I’d venture an educated guess that you and Miss Suzu are childhood friends.”

Not bad. Did he guess that from the childish tone I took with Suzu’s introduction? It was quite obvious, but impressive nonetheless.

“Three. Only one of you was initially invited to this event. The other two were personally invited by the individual. Akio, good on you to invite these two beautiful ladies to something like this.”

Oh, a more detailed assumption! It was time for logical reasoning; how did you figure that part out, Red?

Closing my eyes, I fell into a deep state of mind. Within this train of thought, I can visualize all the necessary facts and reach a logical conclusion. My acquaintances always tell me that there’s nothing I can’t figure out. I think they’re wrong.

“Hey wait, Akio! Where do you get off calling me a recessionista?!”

My eyes immediately snapped open, and I barely managed to hear Suzu’s playful message. The group easily detected the tonality of her voice, and shared a relaxed laugh. Entrapped in this joyous atmosphere, I decided that deducing Red’s line of logic wasn’t necessary at the moment.

However, one person was not engulfed in the happiness. A blazing aura of sorrow struck me as I looked in Black’s direction. She was not a happy camper, to say the very least. I evaded capture from the negativity and faced Red again.

“Hey Red, do you mind if we continue once the announcement is over? I’m all for wandering the grand aisles of this convention together, if you want.”

Red gave a single nod. His right hand reached for Black’s helmet, and the gentle petting he gave it caused an adorable whimper from Black to come forth. As cute as that was, I needed to catch up on this important disclosure; we had already missed a portion of it during our chat.

“…and as we have mentioned, that should become your main focus in this event. The ‘Chosen Ones’ shall leave the convention with the ultimate knowledge.” What had we missed? These ‘Chosen Ones’…had they already been determined, or were they searching for certain characteristics?

And with that, the announcer had finished his speech, and the grand doors of the building slid open with a thunderous roar. The crowd must have been mystified and confused by the declaration; there was almost complete silence as the group of about 300 slowly shuffled into the building…

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-03-15 at 00:30.

Tags
blog, chroma, hiroi sekai, photoshop