Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-23, 05:58   Link #41
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I heard from a scanlation site that Volume 2 covers 10-19, so I'm sure 3 will cover the fight between the Seisho Academy and Red Steel High students.

Also thanks for the scans. Just waiting for the upcoming scanlations...
Well I bought 3.

It covers up to when Sig infiltrates the Kalashnikov students' base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Hmmm... the Howa Type 89 would probably be considered heavy and a bit busty.
That would be like 18's sister....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Most gun try to use common ammo like 5.56mm NATO. Some gun use their own ammo will meet trouble when it run low ammo and can't use enemy capture ammo. The QBZ-95 is also disliked by Chinese soldiers, thus they deverlop QBZ-03 assault rifle, which has similiar AK design =)).
I wish they'd cover that special heavy 5.56mm ammo used in the M4 for sniping...
Old 2012-04-23, 16:02   Link #42
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Well the Howa Type 89 had some influence from the AR18... so that would be correct. After all, the Japanese Defense Agency did get some to check on its internals.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 23:13   Link #43
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I have to ask, has there been ANY explanation why the AK girls have animal ears? I can understand how SAKO and Galil have weird ears and stuff because they're essentially modded AKs, but for the originals to have them too... A design choice?
Old 2012-04-23, 23:29   Link #44
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

As of my browsing the other chapters that aren't scanlated, I don't think there is one...

Perhaps it's the mangaka's choice?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-04-23, 23:53   Link #45
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I have to ask, has there been ANY explanation why the AK girls have animal ears? I can understand how SAKO and Galil have weird ears and stuff because they're essentially modded AKs, but for the originals to have them too... A design choice?
Someone already explained it:
Quote:
That school is Red Steel High school - 紅鋼高 (Akaganekou) -> AK ga neko . That why most AKs are cat/fox ear (neko) type =)).
It's basically a pun. "Aka ga neko" sounds like "AK is a cat"
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 00:19   Link #46
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

My apologies, it seems I forgot in mentioning about the school where the red sailor fuku-clad girls come from during the shootout.

Old 2012-04-24, 01:29   Link #47
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Most gun try to use common ammo like 5.56mm NATO. Some gun use their own ammo will meet trouble when it run low ammo and can't use enemy capture ammo. The QBZ-95 is also disliked by Chinese soldiers, thus they deverlop QBZ-03 assault rifle, which has similiar AK design =)).
Does that mean that even if the US somehow make advanced assault rifle that is superior than all rifle in the world,they will still try to use a more common rifle ammo or make the specific ammo more common if possible?
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 02:23   Link #48
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Does that mean that even if the US somehow make advanced assault rifle that is superior than all rifle in the world,they will still try to use a more common rifle ammo or make the specific ammo more common if possible?
It's difficult to say that any one rifle is superior to all rifles. Furthermore, it's likely that if such a rifle would have been made to fit the 5.56mm NATO, not the other way around.
Old 2012-04-24, 08:27   Link #49
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

In my A.V.A - server NA; FN FNC, Sako Rk.95, G3A3 are my favourite guns for Rifleman ............... until HK 416 and SA58 Para arrive .
Old 2012-04-24, 21:06   Link #50
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
In my A.V.A - server NA; FN FNC, Sako Rk.95, G3A3 are my favourite guns for Rifleman ............... until HK 416 and SA58 Para arrive .
pretty sure the 416 will be either M16's cousin or G3A3's cousin... I dunno since the 416 has the form of the M16 families but I highly doubt the inside, seeing as it can fire from being buried in sand just like an AK could or dunked in water.

I think SA58 is just the FAL with a folding stock, so changing FAL's stock to that folding skeleton one should probably make her into one.

also... I'm wondering should the mangaka put XM8 and G36.... would they share the same magazine (I read that for the G36 to accept STANAG, an adapter for the mag well must be fitted)? inb4 ZM LR300 is a cousin of 16
Old 2012-04-25, 01:32   Link #51
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
pretty sure the 416 will be either M16's cousin or G3A3's cousin... I dunno since the 416 has the form of the M16 families but I highly doubt the inside, seeing as it can fire from being buried in sand just like an AK could or dunked in water.
The HK 416 uses the operating system of the HK 36, which is similar to that of the AR-18.
Old 2012-04-25, 16:03   Link #52
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The 416 and perhaps the G36 would be a relative of the AR18.

Although I feel that the G36 would be related to the G3 in some way.

Old 2012-04-25, 19:08   Link #53
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Any possiblity of seeing Funco's Indonesian or Swedish siblings?
Old 2012-04-25, 20:26   Link #54
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Not sure how that can work.

If that would be the case, then it should be plausible for the Philippine/Korean-made licensed M16s to appear too.

Though the SS2 can work as a distant relative of the FNC, since it originated from the SS1.

Old 2012-04-25, 20:29   Link #55
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Quote:

I think SA58 is just the FAL with a folding stock, so changing FAL's stock to that folding skeleton one should probably make her into one.

also... I'm wondering should the mangaka put XM8 and G36.... would they share the same magazine (I read that for the G36 to accept STANAG, an adapter for the mag well must be fitted)? inb4 ZM LR300 is a cousin of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The HK 416 uses the operating system of the HK 36, which is similar to that of the AR-18.
Quote:
The 416 and perhaps the G36 would be a relative of the AR18.

Although I feel that the G36 would be related to the G3 in some way.

Now THIS is what I fully expected the manga thread on Upotte!! to look like - gun talk. Nice.
Old 2012-04-25, 20:39   Link #56
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Just wait for the entire jungle wargame event to finish and the shootout in Atami, then you'll have people going more guntalk.

Old 2012-04-25, 22:15   Link #57
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Just wait for the entire jungle wargame event to finish and the shootout in Atami, then you'll have people going more guntalk.
say how reliable IS Rk95 in the arid jungle? AK47 can survive anywhere thats for sure but I doubt about the M16... due to her mishandling history and the 14's wood body wears quickly.

I still question the Galil for jungle capability myself.

Also, why do I get the feeling that when AK74 was seen the AN94 itself will come?
Old 2012-04-25, 22:21   Link #58
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Well I do know that most of the users of the Galil nowadays come from countries that do have tropical jungles as part of their environment. I guess they are fine with it.

I'm not sure on the Rk95 since the Finnish Army's the only user of it as of 2012.

Old 2012-04-25, 23:39   Link #59
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
say how reliable IS Rk95 in the arid jungle? AK47 can survive anywhere thats for sure but I doubt about the M16... due to her mishandling history and the 14's wood body wears quickly.

I still question the Galil for jungle capability myself.

Also, why do I get the feeling that when AK74 was seen the AN94 itself will come?
Spoiler for AN-94:

That is good when have a hot chick going around with you and become sexy gun when you need . But I don't see AEK-971 or other AK clones yet except Galil and Rk95.

BTW, I think Gailil is suited for jungle environment, even the TAR-21, because Vietnamese Naval Infantry choiced CTAR-21 is thier primary assault gun beside Siam and Philipine.

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2012-04-25 at 23:50.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 00:24   Link #60
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Ah dangit! I'd love to read that chapter!

Tags
comedy, shounen