AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-22, 04:04   Link #61
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamo-chan
Screw BT, i'll just get the VHS fansubs off of a local fansub distro in my city >_>;
...and yes, I love tapes dammit! :P
Good for you~! Tapes are nice...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 06:04   Link #62
Dan_attacker

Quote:
Screw BT, i'll just get the VHS fansubs off of a local fansub distro in my city >_>;
...and yes, I love tapes dammit! :P
What? Are you still using a dial-up modem or something? The DVD fansubs should be much better quality than any VHS tape...
Dan_attacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 11:05   Link #63
Athanor

Well i enjoyed watching it from the vhs rip ^__^

And i'm enjoying watching it again from the dvd rips. Anime like Chacha can be watched over and over without being tired of it XD

Anyway the image quality isn't the important part, as long as you can enjoy Chacha then you'll be happy ^__^
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 11:58   Link #64
Dan_attacker

I started out watching the vhs rips, but I stopped at about episode 22 because the quality was pretty bad, but it was still enjoyable. Anyways, these DVD rips are awesome, I watched 7 episodes last night. Probably most of you have watched the whole series already, but this is my first time watching these episodes and they were all great. I loved the new intro, ending, and bg music after episode 30. The 2nd ending was especially cool because of the song, Chacha ni Omakase, which is the song that got me into this series (same song used for the intro of the PC-FX game).

This series is pretty old, but if you've never seen it then watch it, its got to be the best anime of its time (at least in my opinion)!
Old 2006-03-26, 22:35   Link #65
miggzter

can anyone help me? do these files use the codec FOURCC H264 for playback? i used ffdshow and then enabled that codec, so i got it to play. but the thing is, the movie flickers. from normal to gray screen to normal again, very fast. any idea why this happens?

edit: i fixed it! rock on!

Last edited by miggzter; 2006-03-27 at 00:00.
miggzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 02:59   Link #66
Athanor

Glad you fixed this problem ^__^

I was totaly clueless, maybe you can post what you did in case some other ppl have the same problem and are too shy to post it
Old 2006-04-16, 06:00   Link #67
Athanor

After a one week break Chacha resume ^__^

Those are hot episodes, i know it'll be hard to wait for the end, so Mega will try to finish them as quickly as he can XD

For all those who don't know (yet) wat Chacha is go there => http://www.tcp.com/doi/chacha/index.html
Old 2006-04-16, 13:13   Link #68
Athanor

Ohoh Live-Evil finished the oavs of Chacha today ^__^

Isn't that great ?

So now there is not much to wait to have the complet Akazukin Chacha in dvdrip XD

Thanks L-E for that.
Old 2006-04-16, 15:54   Link #69
Erroll

It's an Easter miracle! OVA 3!
Erroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 17:44   Link #70
Dan_attacker

Downloading the OVA and episodes right now. I've been waiting for OVA 3 to be released for a very long time! This is a good day indeed...
Old 2006-04-23, 01:07   Link #71
x_misyel_x

OMG i can't wait for the last 4 episodes! Im so happy that tha OVA are out.. have fun watching all
x_misyel_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 05:32   Link #72
Athanor

And there it is, the end of the anime in dvd rip XD

Next week i'll do a big giant pack with all the 74 chachas episode, the three L-E oavs, the manga (raws), the games and also the osts.

So be sure to check it (and start making room on your harddrives).

Cheers,

Atha XD
Old 2006-04-23, 18:55   Link #73
x_misyel_x

wee!! Animesuki rulez! I can't believe they just uploaded the last 4 eps! thanks a lot guys
x_misyel_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 07:25   Link #74
bedsidelight

Thanks to all those seeding/leeching Akazukin Chacha! I have spent years looking for this, so I'm glad I found it here.
bedsidelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 13:37   Link #75
ThisIsDream

Not many ppl know this anime, cuz there are countless magic girls animes already, but among them ChaCha is one of the best
ThisIsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 16:32   Link #76
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsDream View Post
Not many ppl know this anime, cuz there are countless magic girls animes already, but among them ChaCha is one of the best
I think most people would like this series for its comedy aspect than the magical girl aspect which takes away about 2 minutes of each episode. so it's like the best comedy magical girl... I love the tono arc

I was so happy to re-watch this whole show even with those crappy VHS-rip fansubs (the video quality) that were on here a long time ago since I barely remembered anything except it was really funny.
Old 2009-10-10, 09:19   Link #77
tyciol
*Artist

I got interested in this series after seeing the OVAs listed on Live-Evil since they're sort of a popular group. I think it's great they did the OVAs because that seem to spawn enough interest for people to do the rest of the series (74 tv episodes). It looks like Infidels gave it a good crack but "Miscellaneous" finished it off. http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/379.html

Oddly enough, this Misc also worked on Future Boy Conan, which I noticed L-E just picked up... coincidence? Due to L-E's quality and the probable scarcity of torrents, I'm probably going to watch L-E since their new releases are probably higher quality (plus Akazukin is so long that it will take a while to finish torrenting much less watch it!).

I am wondering how this relates to Otogi-jushi Akazukin here: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/580.html

They both have to do with Red Riding Hood I guess, unfortunately unlike Chcha, Otogi seems to be incomplete, there are 3 OVAs and only 1 has been done. 2 versions each by SHS/Shi-fa and Kaze no Anime. Ah well.

*Note: Finally got around to starting to watch this now, it's hilarious!

Last edited by tyciol; 2010-09-11 at 14:34.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 18:41   Link #78
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
OH NO , ANOTHER REVIEW

STORY SECTION: 4/10 [A case of starting a story without having thought of one, making up one along the way, and eventually, giving up on it entirely.]
General Scenario 1/2
Pacing 1/2
Side Stories 2/2
Believability/Reasoning/Realism 0/2
Conclusion 0/2

- Although there is a story, it is very undermined in favor of comedy. The series can be divided into 3 story arks.
Spoiler:

- The series suffers from a lot of repetitiveness. The plot is almost always about a bad guy chasing Chacha, the kids doing something stupid, falling into a trap and being saved at the nick of time by a lame Deus ex Machina solution. Still, the comedy aspect of the story is not predictable half the time and there are revelations, plot twists and character coloring along the way, making the story not so boring.

- A very good aspect of the story is how it manages to colorize all its main characters; especially in the third ark. Although the series has no general point, it focuses on its characters and saves face, allowing you to at least bond with them.

- Since when did slapstick comedy have realism? How can a witch convince us that it is reasonable to summon a dinosaur simply by waving your hands? What is the trick behind Holy Up’s transformation? WHY ARE THE VILLAINS SO TERRIBLY STUPID AND LOSE IN SUCH IDIOTIC WAYS ALL THE TIME? Nothing makes sense in the series. And that is usually the reason of why it is funny.

- If the series had ended with the second story ark, you could say it had a simple ending. But because of the storyless third ark, it has no conclusion. It TRIED to give us one but as usual, it trashed it just for more humor.

ART SECTION: 5/10 [Road runner stares at the coyote running away from the dynamite, before blowing up like a firework.]
General Artwork 1/2
Character Figures 1/2
Backgrounds 1/2
Animation 1/2
Visual Effects 1/2

- The series is mixing up ideas from fairy tales, JRPGs, and concepts from other genres. It has a very good variety in shapes with bright and vivid colors. But it doesn’t really make any other use of them, other than making fun of their premise. Meaning it just uses them as random plot elements without any uniform with the setting, which is a bad thing. And the amount of detail the background or the special effects receive is very small.
- The characters suffer from the usual cookie-cutter syndrome (they look alike) but their different demeanor and cute looks make them nice to look at.
- Although quite choppy in animation, the really extreme grimaces and ridiculously funny way the characters run, makes their motions rather good (but still choppy).

SOUND SECTION: 5/10 [Tha-tha-tha-tha- that’s all folks!]
Voice Acting 2/3
Music Themes 2/4
Sound Effects 1/3

- Vivid and lively voices color the characters with different tones and way of talking. Still, it feels like many times the voice actors have too little time to express what the characters are doing or feeling. And it doesn’t take much to realize that it’s middle-aged people voicing 10 year olds…
- Both the opening song and the in-between music themes are likable but definitely not memorable.
- Sound Effects are nothing special to write about.

CHARACTER SECTION: 5/10 [Characters who refuse to mentally grow up]
Presence 1/2
Personality 1/2
Backdrop 1/2
Development 1/2
Catharsis 1/2

- Although quite generic in appearance, the character’s grimaces make them quite funny. And they all generally look very cute, so they easily become likable.
- All the characters have quirks and a different demeanor, which is good. But all of them react in the exactly same way when they are frustrated (going berserk and SD), which makes them repetitive after a while.
- All the main characters get their share of personal drama, facing their biggest problems, and dealing with family and romantic situations. But did they really matured or changed because of them? No! They behave in the same way no matter what they face, so they feel stale all the time. I know, it’s a comedy and such a thing is not necessary. But if you want to bitch at something, there is always a detail you can spot to yell at…

VALUE SECTION: 5/10 [Those royal treasures fetch a good buck.]
Historical Value 1/3: A bit famous in the anime community.
Rewatchability 2/3: Several episodes are plain boring because of the lack of story and repeating jokes. But many are still rewatchable.
Memorability 2/4: Clearly a step above the usual comedies and rather memorable.

ENJOYMENT SECTION: 6/10 [Very funny if you have a bad memory.]
Well, it is definitely funny. But not as funny as the slapstick comedies in my Suggestion List. I mean, for how long can you find funny little kids doing pointless things, without ever learning, changing, or doing something really erotically nasty? And the story was not really interesting. And those Mahou Shojo repetitive transformations were really lame; removing them from the series later on was a plus. So, it is a good watch, without being a masterpiece.

There is a small follow-up set of OVAs to the main series. Since it is in OVA format, the level of Animation, Music themes and Voice Acting are slightly better. But in all, there aren’t any major differences. There weren’t much story or in-depth characters in the main series and there aren’t any of those here as well.

VERDICT: 5/10
-Didn’t we perform a similar act last week? -Yeah. And it was funny, wasn’t it? - Yes, but… - Lets go then!

SUGGESTION LIST
Mahoujin Guruguru and Dragon Half are better slapstick comedies, based on medieval setting.
Dai Mahou Touge, Dokuro-chan, Puni Puni Poemi and Moetan are better parodies, using the Mahou Shojo genre as an excuse.
Ranma ½ and Urusei Yatsura are very old but still great storyless comedies.

Last edited by roriconfan; 2011-02-18 at 05:56.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 17:17   Link #79
tyciol
*Artist

I unfortunately read a spoiler about how one of the relationships turns out =(

I wonder, wouldn't you guys love it if they ever did a sequel to this (like maybe with the main chars as high school or adults) or possibly a prequel focusing on Seravii and Dorothy when they attended school?

Oh hey and I don't know if anyone's interested but I made a group for appreciating the series for fans to talk about it and stuff: http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=690

I invited everyone who's posted in the thread, any who haven't feel free to join since it's open.

Oh and if anyone else is interested in expanding this universe, I made a Wikia for it: http://chacha.wikia.com There's a lot of work to be done, lol

Last edited by tyciol; 2011-06-11 at 16:01.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote