AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-11, 05:42   Link #161
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
We're not trying to entertain you. ¬_____¬

I know that. But you might as well make it fun to read for the rest of us ^^
Old 2010-06-11, 09:53   Link #162
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
And I have a thought for those who believe that the characters are truly dead and in some type of afterlife/purgatory/limbo. Numbers. In this case, the numbers 0 and 1. Since when was the afterlife in binary?
I don't consider that to be relevant to how they got there. We're talking about several hundred high-schoolers from one country alone being pushed to the edge of death but not over it. Do you have any idea how hard that is compared to just killing them right out? To have the number of comatose teens in the "school" Japan would have to be losing thousands of teens to deaths or lighter injuries.
I'm putting down my money that we won't see anyone (from the "school") waking from a coma by the end of this series.
Old 2010-06-11, 09:58   Link #163
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
And I have a thought for those who believe that the characters are truly dead and in some type of afterlife/purgatory/limbo. Numbers. In this case, the numbers 0 and 1. Since when was the afterlife in binary? We know that Kanade derives her powers from a piece of software, we even see the binary digits when she uses her skills. And even the world's self-repair mechanism has "Matrix-like" visual effects - for example, the lamp repairing itself at 23:12 in episode 1. This is no afterlife for the dead, this is a virtual reality for the living.
That the world has "ended" and the characters were copied into a high intermainframe system to live on as memories!?

Are you trying to say that this anime is Zegapain?

Holy shit. That would actually explain the NPCs.
Old 2010-06-11, 15:47   Link #164
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
That the world has "ended" and the characters were copied into a high intermainframe system to live on as memories!?

Are you trying to say that this anime is Zegapain?

Holy shit. That would actually explain the NPCs.
It would also kind of explain why and how they can make weapons out of anything, as in anything they remember it's as if they haven't learnt the skill to make other things yet.
Old 2010-06-11, 16:02   Link #165
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Spoiler for Replies to Haak; quite short, I'm getting tired of this:
Old 2010-06-11, 16:38   Link #166
Dark_Force9999
Kampfer Fan

Episode 11 made it became clear that, that world is not exactly a world where people would find their inner peace to pass on.

I believed that each character infact didn't died. I'm going to take a big guess: Hinata got hit by a car/truck w/e it was, but is probably still in a coma state. Otanashi passed out before the rescue came. So in the end I'm just saying each character must've not died.

Following my predictions, each character is possibly hooked into a digital world to make up the time they lost while in their coma state of some sort. The reason why I said digital world, is because of a couple thing:

1) You cannot die. Which explains miraculous recoveries.
2) Everything seems to be affect by computers.

Tachibana's abilities are made with the Angel Player software. How that actually gives supernatural abilities, is strange. NPC's turning into shadows, it had a digital effect rather than some ominous transformation.

Okay, but to wrap this up quickly: While the characters are in a coma, they need to find their inner peace to wake up quickly. If their bodies takes too long to wake up from, those bodies probably cannot handle the strain anymore. The system then copies the character using the shadows and turns them into NPCs, while in reality those people that couldn't survive longer gets discarded. It has to be some form of medical treatment.
Old 2010-06-11, 17:14   Link #167
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

@Darkforce9999

You don't know humility... Do you? 'Probably right' is borderline arrogant. You may be right, you may not be. So far everything is still up in the air. I wouldn't go 'probably wrong' or 'probably right' on anything at the moment.

I'd doubt anyone will be waking up from a coma or a deep sleep/cryo stasis sleep. Though this is a 50% 50% thing since we have no real information to go on. The information that has been provided... well, has been provided a few hundred times by Haak and Ice Block.

Me? No opinion until I see the designated, canon truth. Only a little further... Only a little further...

Go Shiina! Give your Corrines wuff!... Wait.
Old 2010-06-11, 18:04   Link #168
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for 12:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-06-11, 18:09   Link #169
Knightrunner

I have not seen the episode yet, but since people are saying she is visiting the guild members maybe she is off to warn them about the threat so they can find inner piece as well. Or maybe she will confront Chaa if he ever heard of this phenomenon before. If it is true that the Shadows turn people to NPC maybe the NPC were human at one point and then got caught by the shadows.

Since the guild members are left in the dark maybe Yurippe is going to warn them.
Old 2010-06-11, 19:26   Link #170
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I have not seen the episode yet, but since people are saying she is visiting the guild members maybe she is off to warn them about the threat so they can find inner piece as well. Or maybe she will confront Chaa if he ever heard of this phenomenon before. If it is true that the Shadows turn people to NPC maybe the NPC were human at one point and then got caught by the shadows.

Since the guild members are left in the dark maybe Yurippe is going to warn them.
I guess you can put it that way.

But we have to wonder about how and why the shadows were created. I have 3 theories.
1. The "higher ups" are using the shadows as a "reset" to all students to make a new generation of NPC.
2. Caused by the prolonged regret of people (SSS)
3. NPCs gone haywire (think similar to how some normal cells become cancer cells)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-11, 20:17   Link #171
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

I totally didn't see this thread and posted my theory about the culprit in the ep 11 thread.

The real culprit IMHO IS!!!!:

Spoiler for culprit!:
Old 2010-06-11, 20:20   Link #172
Dark_Force9999
Kampfer Fan

But why can't anyone look at why computers are culprits here? It's a digital world, it HAS TO BE!
Old 2010-06-11, 20:33   Link #173
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I can see Yurippe already.

"Oh dear, wonderful, splendid and superbly benevolent god in Heaven!"....

The only way for Yuri to move on is for her to drop her hate. I think that's how she will disappear.

Spoiler for T3h culpr1t:

I'm interested in who they will choose to be the villain in the end. There are so many possible prospects. I personally would like the idea of Chaa being the bad guy. He is pretty damn absent and it could show what he was up to.

Plus he has 'memories' (You can create stuff from dirt thanks to 'memories') so maybe he made Shadows? Never mind. That is crack. So crack. PUFF!
Old 2010-06-11, 21:38   Link #174
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

After reading this : http://angelbeats.wikia.com/wiki/Chaa
Now I'm scared that perhaps he is the culprit himself D: Not to mention that the secret passageway connects to the guild...

Old 2010-06-11, 22:25   Link #175
Dark_Force9999
Kampfer Fan

Afterlife = Digital World. "Age of Computers" - Mysterious Software engineer at night with Yuri.
Old 2010-06-11, 22:34   Link #176
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

.... Do you have any viable information on that claim? Any logistics?

Yuri calling the soulless entities known as model students 'NPCs' was just an easier identification. If you haven't realized that was a simple title given to them since it'd be easier to identify them as such.

The world being digital is only possible. NOT probable. Are you still reading? Okay. The world may or may not be digital.

Please elaborate with logistics shown in Angel Beats! that support your claim. Also you should be thorough about this so you may be a bit more persuasive.

Of course stating things as facts won't win you any popularity contest. All this is... This entire thread's purpose is speculation.

Give me some seriously concrete evidence that support your speculation. Until then I'm not really interested in what you have to say.

Lovely that. Since Angel Beats! has almost no concrete evidence. Though I can imagine them being dead -- I won't disclose the possibility of them being alive. I need evidence in order to make my decision on the matter.

It's like that.
Old 2010-06-11, 22:54   Link #177
Attoney

I have some theories on the culprit:
I think the culprit is the one that was responsible for Kanade's harmonics haywire incident. Since the culprit is obviously experienced in the Angel Prayer program to the extent of changing the world's enviroment, making a few modifications to Kanade's skills without Kanade noticing is possible.

But why?
Well, I think the culprit is trying to eliminate the SSS by making them obey the rules of the world or restore peace to this world. His first attempt is to create an army of aggressive Kanade's from Harmonics, which will suppress the SSS, and make them obey the rules through force. However, that plan failed.

So, for his second attempt, he will transform the world's NPC into shadows that will possess the SSS member and transform them into model students (NPC's).

Possible Identity:
The culprit has a high probability of a having a connection with Kanade(a past' friend or something), which will lead in to Kanade's backstory, and her goal in this world. The outright explicit confirmation and acknowlegement that Kanade is human, and has a burden that is keeping her from moving on foreshadows a incoming backstory about her. Besides, every main character besides her getting a backstory in this anime series is highly unlikely.

Just some thoughts while I was bored.
Old 2010-06-11, 22:55   Link #178
Dark_Force9999
Kampfer Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
.... Do you have any viable information on that claim? Any logistics?

Yuri calling the soulless entities known as model students 'NPCs' was just an easier identification. If you haven't realized that was a simple title given to them since it'd be easier to identify them as such.

The world being digital is only possible. NOT probable. Are you still reading? Okay. The world may or may not be digital.

Please elaborate with logistics shown in Angel Beats! that support your claim. Also you should be thorough about this so you may be a bit more persuasive.

Of course stating things as facts won't win you any popularity contest. All this is... This entire thread's purpose is speculation.

Give me some seriously concrete evidence that support your speculation. Until then I'm not really interested in what you have to say.

Lovely that. Since Angel Beats! has almost no concrete evidence. Though I can imagine them being dead -- I won't disclose the possibility of them being alive. I need evidence in order to make my decision on the matter.

It's like that.
I had been. Read some earlier posts.
Old 2010-06-14, 04:00   Link #179
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Spoiler for space:

Last edited by Haak; 2010-06-17 at 04:14.
Old 2010-06-14, 04:58   Link #180
Crontica

Flamewar Imminent.

I do not know why it is so hard to see that Hinata was a nervous deer in the headlights when the ball was coming towards him. His subconsciousness which was telling him to "Get the fuck out of there something is off" and his Reasoning which was telling him to "Win the dam game otherwise Yuri will be pissed" sides conflicted and he froze, the result was him wanting to escape.

As for Isawasa, caught in the dam moment. Before she realized what was up it was too late.