AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2015-04-06, 00:48   Link #1
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Email Account help

My mother cannot access her MSN email account and while the reasonable thing to do would to do would be to reset the password, we cannot do so because we recently changed the phone number and the code can only go to the phone number in that account. I cannot the phone number unless we can actually go to the account and going to the alternate email account didn't work either. What can I do? I cannot help with recovering the password unless I get that code and I cannot use the usual methods. I don't want to do any hacking or anything but what shouold I do? Should I call Mircosoft? We got our accounts for free since my old man was a former Microsoft employee
Old 2015-04-06, 03:38   Link #2
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Is the account locked did she simply forget the password? Was an alternate email address tied to the account? If she uses a mail client or a browser that saves passwords (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc), then she may be able to recover it that way.

Well, typically these accounts also have verification questions tied to them. If you call Microsoft, they should be able to verify your identity based on your responses to those questions. Then, then can help you successfully reset the account password.

Also, never change your phone number - port it or VOIP it, but never just drop the phone number tied to an account.
Old 2015-04-06, 03:48   Link #3
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Is the account locked did she simply forget the password? Was an alternate email address tied to the account? If she uses a mail client or a browser that saves passwords (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc), then she may be able to recover it that way.

Well, typically these accounts also have verification questions tied to them. If you call Microsoft, they should be able to verify your identity based on your responses to those questions. Then, then can help you successfully reset the account password.

Also, never change your phone number - port it or VOIP it, but never just drop the phone number tied to an account.
No, I don think there was an alternate email account so she used mine. I will try to call them but I wonder if they have any humans as opposed to bots. I cannot seem to find their phone number anywhere online or their website. I think the mail client on the cell phone still carries the password but I do not want to mess with the settings less we lose the password forever . How do I check the password without altering the settings? It is an Android so I do not know how to reveal the letters in the passwords box.
Old 2015-04-06, 04:24   Link #4
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I cannot seem to find their phone number anywhere online or their website.
I found this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-phone-numbers
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 15:29   Link #5
Guernsey
The GAP Man

I do know that the password is on her cell phone and the cell phone can somehow receive the emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
They helped me out and sent me another location on their website. I got my account through my old man so I have to see if I can try to find a away to recover my mom's account through that.