Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2015-07-02, 10:07   Link #21
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
While that is true for some video sites and sites with ridiculously heavy content (i.e. TheVerge.com), it is all but impossible for animesuki alone to crash Safari (this place isn't Tumblr). I know, as I have done testing on this site with an iPad 1 and iPad 2 for this thread. I want, however, want to make clear that my tests were done with only 1 or 2 Safari tabs open. iPads really don't have the RAM for running more than half a dozen tabs with even medium-level content. Otherwise, animesuki really shouldn't have any problems on original iPad hardware, even if the site implement anti-DDOS protocols.
That isn't true since I can load up the macrumors site on my iPod touch (this is a forth gen model) and every so often it'll crash back to the home screen after a minute or so for no reason (I can normally judge what a crash is going to occur).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 20:34   Link #22
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
That isn't true since I can load up the macrumors site on my iPod touch (this is a forth gen model) and every so often it'll crash back to the home screen after a minute or so for no reason (I can normally judge what a crash is going to occur).
Any page on the MacRumors site or the front page, which is specifically designed to display as many pictures (thus requiring as much RAM) as possible? Try visiting TheVerge.com pages. The individual article pages are fine, but do push it (they include at least one video in basically every article), but the front page looks like a Tumblr with titles. Otherwise, it may be a script attempting to run further down the page that pushes Safari over the edge.
Old 2015-07-03, 09:09   Link #23
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
The main page (mobile version which shouldn't be using that much RAM) where it's normally a few images and about three or four adverts, and I normally know if it might crash when scrolling stutters and the page continually takes longer then normal to render when scrolling.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 21:19   Link #24
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I don't understand the nature of his problem too much, I skimmed the thread looking to see...if anyone brought up the possibility of it being a virus. So that is what I contribute to this thread. Any chance he has a virus? Surely viruses for iOS exist and are out there on the web, right?
Old 2015-07-04, 06:18   Link #25
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I don't understand the nature of his problem too much, I skimmed the thread looking to see...if anyone brought up the possibility of it being a virus. So that is what I contribute to this thread. Any chance he has a virus? Surely viruses for iOS exist and are out there on the web, right?
Except that restoring as new and device firmware update restores are the same as reformatting the SSD and reinstalling the operating system. If it was malware, it would have to be BIOS level or hiding in some entirely undocumented blind spot of the flash storage. Even then, what kind of troll writes malware that only affects a couple forum engines?