Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-09-10, 03:32   Link #921
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
And tsundere characters as well.
A tsundere heroine done wrong can ruin an entire series.
Old 2023-09-10, 15:22   Link #922
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
A tsundere heroine done wrong can ruin an entire series.
Ranma 1/2 and Love Hina immediately come to mind, here.... Akane and Naru both suck.
Old 2023-09-16, 16:58   Link #923
AndrewR5D4

In retrospect, I think the major issues with this series have become very clear. It's not the scenario or supporting cast, but rather the main duo is poorly written, and the situations that arise do little to work with what little they bring to the table.

The big issue with this series is that there's actually nothing left for readers but to wait for a meaningful interaction between the two mains, and we know for a fact this could take over a hundred more chapters to happen.

Characterization in this series is also very bad: Other than his talent for childcare (which was literally just revealed), Kazuya is never shown to have any talents, nor does he possess any goals or ambitions aside from getting into Chizuru's pants. He's received no character development and has no major personality traits aside from being an awkward and obsessive worrywart.

Then we have Chizuru. She's only slightly better in that she has ambitions, but she's consistently portrayed as "perfect" and has no edge or quirks to her personality. She just sort of exists, but rarely does anything for the plot. She's more like a plot device than a character, and now that things have settled down and there's no major conflicts going on, we can clearly see just how BORING she is as a human being.

I've reached the conclusion that the story would've been better if Mami hadn't broken up with Kazuya. Her past could've become a major plot point, and her conflict with her family would have been the perfect stage for Kazuya's character. His obsessive side likely would have resulted in him fighting to make Mami happy, and his doting side may have helped heal her long broken heart.
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 08:36   Link #924
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
I've reached the conclusion that the story would've been better if Mami hadn't broken up with Kazuya. Her past could've become a major plot point, and her conflict with her family would have been the perfect stage for Kazuya's character. His obsessive side likely would have resulted in him fighting to make Mami happy, and his doting side may have helped heal her long broken heart.
That's exactly why Mami had to get written out of the series in favor of a "triangle" with Ruka early on. Reiji has been careful to present Chorizo in the best light possible, and a legitimate (if flawed) love interest would make the audience think twice about Kaz spending ¥ 3,000,000 on Chizuru. Ambiguity plasters over the more problematic elements -- we don't see Chiz on other rental dates (or even getting ready for them), we don't really see Kaz pay her directly... some people on Discord were convinced Hawaiians was a freebie which got me into a few arguments.

I checked the spoilers to see if something interesting was lining up for chapter 300 but it doesn't look like it. I think I'm like 5 chapters behind and have just been reading comments lately.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 21:51   Link #925
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
That's exactly why Mami had to get written out of the series in favor of a "triangle" with Ruka early on. Reiji has been careful to present Chorizo in the best light possible, and a legitimate (if flawed) love interest would make the audience think twice about Kaz spending ¥ 3,000,000 on Chizuru. Ambiguity plasters over the more problematic elements -- we don't see Chiz on other rental dates (or even getting ready for them), we don't really see Kaz pay her directly... some people on Discord were convinced Hawaiians was a freebie which got me into a few arguments.

I checked the spoilers to see if something interesting was lining up for chapter 300 but it doesn't look like it. I think I'm like 5 chapters behind and have just been reading comments lately.
This is the reason why Yaemori can't be a love interest at all. She's tons of fun and has been more understanding and supportive than any of the actual candidates.

You're not missing much... The last few chapters have only emphasized how boring Chizuru is as a person!
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-05, 22:39   Link #926
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Now that the third anime season has ended it's hilarious watching two groups thoughts about the series.

The fans do NOT want a season 4.
The haters WANT a season 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

They are just bonding while Kazuya is trying to understand Chizuru isn't a goddess, Mini trying to patch Kazuya's broken self while Chizuru is trying to open herself up to the people close to her and a random stalker wanting to upset her again.
Old 2023-10-06, 03:17   Link #927
WingedAccelerator

So the arc is officially longer than the Paradise arc.

And I couldn't disagree more with Andrew. Yaemori is not "tons of fun", but an annoying shipping device that just highlights how incapable Kazuya and Chizuru are even after they know each other for close to 3 years and living currently under the same roof for a month. As if board games and incomprehensible Kazuya wank speeches will bring the two together. But sure it's "tons of fun" seeing her stupid attempts not resulting in anything significant unless the fans overthink them enough or the author spelling out "it was definitely progress".
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-20, 13:00   Link #928
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

New chapter out, relevant info: Chizuru is thinking of quiting her rental service job.
Old 2023-11-21, 03:59   Link #929
Lex79

That's because she's on her period?

Context: I saw on Facebook people mocking this series because Reiji wasted two full pages with Mizuhara saying she's on her period.
Old 2023-11-21, 09:22   Link #930
WingedAccelerator

Apparently there was an alien as well sitting next to Kazuya for some reason. Same species by the way.

Everyone agreed here about the quitting topic ages ago that it should have happened a million times by now. Financial struggles and being a well-paying job were the counterarguments, but if Chizuru confirms she is barely doing the rental girlfriend job anymore, then it just keeps existing for the sake of milking and for the title to continue making sense.
Old 2023-11-22, 00:48   Link #931
Chiibi

If you see some idiot making Evangelion jokes on manga reading sites in regards to Chizuru's medicine....

That would be me.
Old 2023-12-08, 16:02   Link #932
EroKing

Chapter 309

Old 2023-12-09, 04:41   Link #933
WingedAccelerator

What is this nonsense from Nagomi about misjudging Chizuru based on her profession? She and the entire Kinoshita family didn't care back in the Paradise arc even though that was supposed to be the grand reveal of the manga. Neither did they care after the Paradise arc. News flash, at least 4 months have passed since.

Now the manga made Nagomi apologize to Chizuru. My sides. How does this series do it? How is it still capable of becoming worse? The day Mami and Ruka apologizes to Chizuru, hands her Kazuya with a smile is the day anime/manga databases introduce "Score 0" reserved solely for this manga.
Old 2023-12-11, 16:44   Link #934
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
What is this nonsense from Nagomi about misjudging Chizuru based on her profession? She and the entire Kinoshita family didn't care back in the Paradise arc even though that was supposed to be the grand reveal of the manga. Neither did they care after the Paradise arc. News flash, at least 4 months have passed since.

Now the manga made Nagomi apologize to Chizuru. My sides. How does this series do it? How is it still capable of becoming worse? The day Mami and Ruka apologizes to Chizuru, hands her Kazuya with a smile is the day anime/manga databases introduce "Score 0" reserved solely for this manga.
You mean some westerns database right?
Old 2023-12-14, 17:11   Link #935
Chiibi

If I have to be perfectly honest, the chapter of Chizuru shopping with Nagomi was actually rather wholesome...Nagomi can't take her grandma's place...but she can give her similar memories like that...so that's nice....NO, I'M NOT TEARING UP ABOUT IT....don't be ridiculous....SILENCE. I wish my grandma was still around....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
What is this nonsense from Nagomi about misjudging Chizuru based on her profession? She and the entire Kinoshita family didn't care back in the Paradise arc
So it WASN'T just me thinking this, huh.

Can't remember a single panel when Nagomi WASN'T simping over Chizuru.
Old 2023-12-18, 10:44   Link #936
EroKing

Images
Chapter 310
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Good one from Yaemori
Old 2024-01-23, 19:46   Link #937
Chiibi

Wow. The latest chapter SUCKED. Nothing but Kazuya whining about dating for reals. HE WHINES FOR 20 PAGES. UGH.

I am sad....the far superior Yofukashi no Uta manga has ended...so now I must replace it....perhaps with another superior manga, Boarding School Juliet...since I recently finished the anime.
Old 2024-01-24, 00:46   Link #938
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Wow. The latest chapter SUCKED. Nothing but Kazuya whining about dating for reals. HE WHINES FOR 20 PAGES. UGH.

I am sad....the far superior Yofukashi no Uta manga has ended...so now I must replace it....perhaps with another superior manga, Boarding School Juliet...since I recently finished the anime.
Do it! It's great .
Old 2024-01-24, 14:20   Link #939
Chiibi

I definitely will, thanks!!

(I like how this manga is so bad that we're talking about other manga that are good, actually.)
Old 2024-01-24, 15:51   Link #940
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I'm down to reading one chapter a month or so just to see if there's any progress (or at least cringe to laugh at) and still get disappointed.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, rom com