AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-16, 14:59   Link #3941
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^ Is the Proto any good? I was planing to go for the turreted TD line in a future.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:20   Link #3942
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

It's SLOOOWWWWW!

Ok that kinda exaggerated but certainly top 10 slowest tank in the game. First 2 gun is lack of power for T8 but 120 is quite awesome. kinda long reload time but since I am track killer extraordinaire I found it fit to my playstyle

Turret rotation is slow but it certainly help you to use cover for 50% of your body since it's kinda big.

The armor is sufficient. remind me when I able to 1-on-1 against E-75 and win

It Certainly support tank. you need friend to cover you and distract enemy while you sniping from far.

TBH US TD line probably one of the best Tech line out there. there is no glaring weakness. all of their tank is Good-Best on their each tier. Turret help you to adapt the situation more quicklly

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:11   Link #3943
Gravitas Free Zone

I took the derpgun off the VK2801 and replaced it with the 75mm L/48. Tank is a bit lighter and peppier, and I actually managed to get decent kills (in a game that topped out at Tier 7).

Lumpy acceleration problems remain, I wanted to hug the side of an AT-8 and ended up ramming it at 60 KPH, which did take it to 2% but was rather bad for me.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:21   Link #3944
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not sure why they're showing it in a new China-based map, but at least the map looks good.
It's the new map, "Pearl River", that will be added in the 8.5 patch.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:34   Link #3945
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

let's hope is not as bad as previous Chinese map

Old 2013-03-16, 16:35   Link #3946
Sumeragi
Banned

Dragon Ridge was a very good map. They just needed to have placed the spawning locations more to the center.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:43   Link #3947
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

the problem with Dragon Ridge is you condense the battle are into quarter of the map since majority of them is hill which resulting ting heavy to be compacted and art cannot aim freely than normal.

the med and light had difficulty to move around since the road is full of zig zag which resulting loss of speed very often.

Old 2013-03-16, 16:46   Link #3948
Sumeragi
Banned

1. Again, that's really a spawning problem, not a map problem.
2. Know the paths, and you'll basically race to the other side and be able to flank the enemy.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:46   Link #3949
Gravitas Free Zone

This KV-2 is cute.

Dragon Ridge: People also complained about performance issues, but that is of course highly user-dependent.
Old 2013-03-16, 17:09   Link #3950
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
1. Again, that's really a spawning problem, not a map problem.
2. Know the paths, and you'll basically race to the other side and be able to flank the enemy.
1. So you saying map with lot of hill is not map problem?

2. while I am have no problem with racing to other side and flank em. it's kinda annoying that you must zig zaging and loss speed.

thought personally I am okay with Dragon Ridge since I found best way to play (go down west). i also agree with you that the should star on the center. possibly flatten the hill a bit so the slow mover can go up easier

Old 2013-03-16, 18:08   Link #3951
Sumeragi
Banned

1. Yes, it's not a problem.
2. You don't need to zig zag.
Old 2013-03-16, 18:14   Link #3952
Blaat

Dragon Ridge problem are the steep hills and the fact that most of the map is underutilized. Fixing the spawn place would fix the latter but not the former (in fact it would make it worse).

Still I like Dragon Ridge, Serene coast on the other hand is a garbage map that needs to be deleted improving that one is futile.
Old 2013-03-16, 18:47   Link #3953
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Dragon Ridge problem are the steep hills and the fact that most of the map is underutilized. Fixing the spawn place would fix the latter but not the former (in fact it would make it worse).

Still I like Dragon Ridge, Serene coast on the other hand is a garbage map that needs to be deleted improving that one is futile.
Don't forget the gigantic rice paddies on the western middle side. It basically forced all the lights to go up and down the trails cause you'd otherwise demolish your tank bouncing up and down.

It reminds me of Siegfried Line but instead of an open field it's basically one path to the west..
Old 2013-03-16, 19:06   Link #3954
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Meh, I liked dragon ridge an d I think is one of the most fun maps to play. Specially when I used my IS-3 to trow a Konig off the cliff on the right.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 19:40   Link #3955
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I've found that my enjoyment of Dragon Ridge depends on what my tank is at the time. If I'm on my Sherman, then yes, it's a fun map. On the other hand, on tanks without gun depression, it can be a bit of a drag, particularly if you're a heavy forced to do peek-a-boo in the village.
Old 2013-03-16, 19:58   Link #3956
LeoXiao
思想工作

They're calling the new Chinese map "Pearl River"? Reminds me of the final BF2 patch map which was called the same thing. Brings me back.

Also, I'm being ungrateful as hell here but I really wish they would've made a Northeast Chinese/Asian map this time instead, since Dragon ridge was pretty obviously somewhere in southern China or SE Asia. The map, from what I see, looks to be good however. It seems flatter than DR and thus more conducive to sniping. Maybe even an Asian Campingnovka (what? I like that map).
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 20:15   Link #3957
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
They're calling the new Chinese map "Pearl River"? Reminds me of the final BF2 patch map which was called the same thing. Brings me back.

Also, I'm being ungrateful as hell here but I really wish they would've made a Northeast Chinese/Asian map this time instead, since Dragon ridge was pretty obviously somewhere in southern China or SE Asia. The map, from what I see, looks to be good however. It seems flatter than DR and thus more conducive to sniping. Maybe even an Asian Campingnovka (what? I like that map).
Dragon Ridge is closer to Guilin (Southern Chinese interior), while Pearl River seems to be based on the Guangdong region. I suspect that we'll have Manchurian/Mongolian maps sometime near the end of the year.

BTW, ever wondered where Dragon Ridge was based on? No other than Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces of the Longsheng Various Nationalities Autonomous County.
Old 2013-03-16, 20:23   Link #3958
LeoXiao
思想工作

Damnit, I suspected very strongly that it looked like Guangxi, but didn't dare say so.

Good to hear about the coming maps though. Playing Chinese tanks in Germany is getting weird.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 20:48   Link #3959
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Slow Churchills + hilly maps = Sad times =[

The truly awful depression on the Churchills makes maps like dragon ridge so much worse as well. That said I don't really think its a problem with the map per say its just that the limitations and characteristics of certain tanks aren't suited to that type of terrain.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 20:52   Link #3960
Gravitas Free Zone

I opened chat in a lot of Dragon Ridge games by asking "How do you even get tanks into this terrain to fight with?"

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks