AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 35 28.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 26.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 25.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 12.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-12, 10:17   Link #41
Westlo
Lets be reality

Great new OP that has rekindled my interest in this series and thankfully the 2nd ED didn't join the ranks of crappiest Gundam EDs of all time like the one before it.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-01-12 at 15:42.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 10:18   Link #42
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Then
Spoiler for thrones:
A stolen Gundam would NOT be sent out to battle. That will be silly.

It would be ripped apart and studied piecemeal, and relevant technologies copied. And the end result wouldn't be a Gundam, because each faction has their own design philosophy. (Except for AEU, they suck.)

We aren't told much, but all signs pointed to the Thrones being the Superior Gundam Meisters, and that Setsuna's team were just grunts doing grunt work.

In a way, that makes sense. Even if Setsuna's people messed up and their Gundams captured, as long as CB still have even MORE hidden superior technology up their sleeve, they could crush the world powers. Setsuna's people aren't high enough up the CB command chain to know about Thrones, which means they are much lower down the totem pole than we previously thought.

This is just my guess; three out of four current Meisters have their own private reason to join CB. But their allegiance will last only for as long as their goals match CBs. If CB's true final plan greatly deviated from the expectations of the current Meisters, a rebellion is not out of the question.
Old 2008-01-12, 10:27   Link #43
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Ok no need to use spoiler tag anymore

Quote:
It would be ripped apart and studied piecemeal, and relevant technologies copied. And the end result wouldn't be a Gundam, because each faction has their own design philosophy. (Except for AEU, they suck.)
Sorry, sorry, SEED Destiny still there somewhere in my head.

I just remember something from ep 5 or 6, Terria said the solar system and meisters identities are S lev secrets them what is the SS or SSS lev secrets ?

As i said in the previous post, I saw Terria with three other gundam meisters fight again the throne, our loyal Terria just can belief.

If you predict are correct, then Wang Liu-Mei didn't know about the other meisters too or the ideal of Aeolia Schenberg is not to eradicate the conflict but something different , something that even our Terria couldn't stand.

Last edited by hayate-sama; 2008-01-12 at 10:50.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 10:51   Link #44
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This is just my guess; three out of four current Meisters have their own private reason to join CB. But their allegiance will last only for as long as their goals match CBs. If CB's true final plan greatly deviated from the expectations of the current Meisters, a rebellion is not out of the question.
Which begs the question - why should CB's higher ups introduce and use the 3 new Gundams in such a way as to strongly provoke the current squad, enough that they defect? CB in general certainly don't seem stupid... so, is it actually part of their CB's true hidden agenda - ie they *want* some people to defect!?

Anyway, I would be a bit disappointed if the current crew (or some at least) do defect quickly since I was looking forward to how the carefully constructed scenario was building up...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 11:04   Link #45
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Which begs the question - why should CB's higher ups introduce and use the 3 new Gundams in such a way as to strongly provoke the current squad, enough that they defect? CB in general certainly don't seem stupid... so, is it actually part of their CB's true hidden agenda - ie they *want* some people to defect!?

Anyway, I would be a bit disappointed if the current crew (or some at least) do defect quickly since I was looking forward to how the carefully constructed scenario was building up...
Somehow I think that the Thrones meisters are in fact the ones who defect. I mean, with such powerful mobile suits, who would want to stay in a stupid organization with a stupid intention to stop wars? Why not be like Ali, and make money using the Thrones suits?
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 11:05   Link #46
duckroll
綺羅星★!

An opening is sometimes just an opening. We've seen openings that don't match up with what happens in the actual show before in Gundam. They probably just wanted to showcase the new Gundams without giving too much away. I'll say the only thing that's probably truly reflective in the opening is that the new Gundams are going to be seen as mysterious and dangerous.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 11:07   Link #47
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

A nice entry into the second part of the series

This episode feels like a calm before the storm. The 3 Superpower decide to work together and make a trap for Celestial Being. The desert has one radioactive factory or something and some terrorists want to attack it, so Celestial Being must take action. Knowing this, the 3 superpower pretend to carry out a joint military practice around the area. When Gundams appear, they will be outnumbered. All 3 Superpower send out their best aces and best MSs including more Custom Flags . Union's ace team's name OverFlags is kinda lacking though. I think the outcome (which I speculate that 4 Gundams getting owned, but the Thrones appear and own all) will greatly affect the world....

Patrick is still as useless as ever, but he's very funny in this episode

Strangely I like the pairing of Billy and Sumeragi, but I think it will be a tragic one.

Congratulations to Saji since mama is going home and you get the girl. Oh no! Louse hates Setsuna!

Something interesting about Grahma's past is mentioned. Apparently Grahma's former superior officer was killed because of him. The blondie said that it's Grahma's fault, and it makes Graham's 2 fanboys mad

The new OP and ED are just amazing. Both are good songs with nice visual. The battle in the new OP is just EPIC!

Looking forward to next week!
Old 2008-01-12, 11:18   Link #48
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
An opening is sometimes just an opening. We've seen openings that don't match up with what happens in the actual show before in Gundam. They probably just wanted to showcase the new Gundams without giving too much away. I'll say the only thing that's probably truly reflective in the opening is that the new Gundams are going to be seen as mysterious and dangerous.
You can't deny the fact that the Thrones do look rather evil, especially with those red GN particles and creepy looking eyes.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 11:24   Link #49
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
Somehow I think that the Thrones meisters are in fact the ones who defect. I mean, with such powerful mobile suits, who would want to stay in a stupid organization with a stupid intention to stop wars? Why not be like Ali, and make money using the Thrones suits?
True... Though money seems like a rather petty reason compared to changing the world...

Either way, the new 3 are shown as being rather evil/nasty - red glow from GN Drive, and less "heroic", more creepy, designs. Near the end of the OP you can see a shot against the moon with 3 red trails - ie from the 3 new Gundams, and then they seem to be fighting the current crew.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if CB was actually shown to be "evil", or something, enough to turn the current crew. Partly because we simply haven't see anything of CB HQ. And partly because in fiction, a group of scientists with a plan are almost always evil, or up to some kind of diabolical plan.

Anyway, will have to wait and see. A good show is often not made by the basic plot - but by the specifics of the characters and story...
Old 2008-01-12, 11:25   Link #50
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
This episode feels like a calm before the storm. The 3 Superpower decide to work together and make a trap for Celestial Being. The desert has one radioactive factory or something and some terrorists want to attack it, so Celestial Being must take action. Knowing this, the 3 superpower pretend to carry out a joint military practice around the area. When Gundams appear, they will be outnumbered. All 3 Superpower send out their best aces and best MSs including more Custom Flags . Union's ace team's name OverFlags is kinda lacking though. I think the outcome (which I speculate that 4 Gundams getting owned, but the Thrones appear and own all) will greatly affect the world....
I think their plan qre not going to work, like the previous ep tell us, if you want to defeat a gundam then do it in space, not in the ground, 300 MS can be wipe out in 5 minute, how many MSs are there in the world ?, In the war, the meister didn't need to aim anyway ( special Viture, Kryos ) , the beam will hit the enemy anyways.

Even if they could capture the gundam then it going to be a mess cause they don't want to share the tehcnology to the other anyway.
Old 2008-01-12, 11:49   Link #51
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
300 MS can be wipe out in 5 minute
Quite the exaggeration of the Gundam's abilities there, considering that in episode 7, it's clearly stated that over the 5 HOURS that CB and the AEU/PMC fought in Moralia, CB only managed to destroy/damage 68 mobile suits, on average that's 17 MS per Gundam, clearly not the 300-MS-in-5-minutes figure you're claiming.

Celestial Being's Gundams may be unbelievably powerful, but they're not THAT overpowered.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 11:49   Link #52
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
You can't deny the fact that the Thrones do look rather evil, especially with those red GN particles and creepy looking eyes.
That's definitely intentional. But beyond that, I wouldn't look too much into it.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 12:02   Link #53
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
True... Though money seems like a rather petty reason compared to changing the world...

Either way, the new 3 are shown as being rather evil/nasty - red glow from GN Drive, and less "heroic", more creepy, designs. Near the end of the OP you can see a shot against the moon with 3 red trails - ie from the 3 new Gundams, and then they seem to be fighting the current crew.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if CB was actually shown to be "evil", or something, enough to turn the current crew. Partly because we simply haven't see anything of CB HQ. And partly because in fiction, a group of scientists with a plan are almost always evil, or up to some kind of diabolical plan.

Anyway, will have to wait and see. A good show is often not made by the basic plot - but by the specifics of the characters and story...

Thinking about it some more - if we take the OP as a reasonably accurate representation of future conflicts, then Tieria will be fighting alongside Setsuna, Lockon and Al. I don't see Tieria doing that unless he feels it aligns with Veda's plans - ie from his point of view, he (and their group) hasn't defected at all, and instead the new 3 Gundams are causing conflict and need to be silenced, sort of thing.

Also, if the current crew defect, where are they going to get new Gundams from? I don't see any of the 3 powers being able to quickly develop Gundam parts. And we can't go a whole series without a power-up surely?

So maybe what we're seeing is a "difference of opinion" between factions in CB - like we just saw in Azadistan...?
Old 2008-01-12, 12:14   Link #54
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Quite the exaggeration of the Gundam's abilities there, considering that in episode 7, it's clearly stated that over the 5 HOURS that CB and the AEU/PMC fought in Moralia, CB only managed to destroy/damage 68 mobile suits.
My bad, sorry, my memories are not good this days , 130 are the number of the MS participate in, at 2 first hours 32 was destroy, 26 heavy damage, 15 had been shot down ( wait a second, is that over 68 already ) and then in 5 minutes they lost all their remain force which is near half of them. At the end AEU lost over 20 MS, so then CB was destroyed over 50*2 + 20 = 120 MS
Old 2008-01-12, 12:15   Link #55
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Something of note in the OP, if we're to believe that Mizushima interview where the OP drops hints on future events (especially with this OP):

Allelujah, Lockon and Setsuna's faces were shown when they faced off their respective rivals (Soma, Graham and Ali) with a shot of their Gundams, while Tieria was nowhere to be found.

However, Tieria's face shot did appear just after the Thrones Drei and before fading to Virtue engaging. Perhaps like Soma, Graham and Ali, the Thrones are Tieria's rival/s?

Quote:
My bad, sorry, my memories are not good this days , 130 are the number of the MS participate in, at 2 first hours 32 was destroy, 26 heavy damage, 15 had been shot down ( wait a second, is that over 68 already ) and then in 5 minutes they lost all their remain force which is near half of them. At the end AEU lost over 20 MS, so then CB was destroyed over 50*2 + 20 = 120 MS
I'm taking the figure directly from the news report that was released after the event. Although I admit I did miss one detail: the figure for 68 was for three hours into the war, the figure for the rest of the AEU forces (the PMC has already withdrawn by this time) wasn't probably included due to lateness. And I think that Leifman's comment about the 20 MS was a rough general figure on how many MS the AEU lost in total, rather than an additional count

Although it's still a far cry from the exaggerated figure you provided, which was my point.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2008-01-12 at 12:28.
Old 2008-01-12, 12:21   Link #56
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I can picture seeing Tieria pointing a gun at the Throne Meisters with his classic "You don't deserve to become Gundam Meisters."
Old 2008-01-12, 12:30   Link #57
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I can picture seeing Tieria pointing a gun at the Throne Meisters with his classic "You don't deserve to become Gundam Meisters."
Unfortunately, the Thrones Miesters are the ones with the top-tier Gundams, and Tieria isn't. Wonder what blow that'll deliver to Tieria and his trust in Veda.

Old 2008-01-12, 12:30   Link #58
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't really think, that in an organisation like CB you can just defect and take your Gundam with you. Especially since they have this all-predicting super-computer.

If there will really be two Gundam fractions fighting against each other, then I'd say, that it's part of the plan. Like they only pretend to be fighting against each other, destroying the surroundings, so that the world has to unite against them.
Veda might just go JUST AS PLANNED on everyone and decides that humanity is going to screw itself over anyways and this is the most efficient way to do it. Won’t be the first time evil supercomputers appear in fiction, really.

Since our lovable Meisters aren’t the most right-minded of all people (Hallelujah promotions, anyone?), would it be safe to assume that the Thrones Meisters might be even worse? It might be this psychotic test-of-power-and-skill thing between the two groups.

If the relationship between Setsuna and Marina ever develops to something like love, then Setsuna might just pull a Jesus Yamato and defect over. Still can’t see why anyone else would follow, though. Then Marina might just go all Virgin Lacus on us and starts to sing Ash Like Snow (in the PV, the vocalist Tomoko has Marina's hairstyle).

I like the new OP (being a the brilliant green fan, why wouldn't I?). Haven't seen the sequence yet, but I like the song. Can't wait for the lyric to get translated. Haven't seen the ED yet. Youtube is not turning up anything.
NominalBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 12:43   Link #59
Wen
Chocolate Filled

The ED left me with a pretty good impression of the episode. I didn't really like the ED song, but the visual and sequences were fantastic (the best I've ever seen). I prefer the OP song but I thought the sequences weren't as good as Daybreak's Bell. The animation for this episode was wonderful. I hope G00 keep up the awesome quality.

Are Saiji and Louise importance characters or something? I mean, they were shown in the ED! I was like wtf...Graham didn't make it to the ED and they did?
Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 12:48   Link #60
Nvis
Where are the good animes

The new Gundams look too strong(like difference from Strike -> Freedom). I doubt when the old/new Gundams start duking it out, it won't be as evenly matched as in the OP.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote