AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-14, 02:01   Link #21
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Shure there is.
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 05:54   Link #22
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
mature as in cutting open a pregnant woman and having sex with the stab wounds or mature as in non-offencive bullshit that goes nowhere and leaves children with their purity and ignorance?
You nailed it with the first one. There's a TON of tentacle rape in The Incredibles!
actually, i was satirizing an event in real life.... a shiny rep point for anybody that reconizes what i'm refering to.
HINT: The year was 1937.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 07:14   Link #23
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
actually, i was satirizing an event in real life.... a shiny rep point for anybody that reconizes what i'm refering to.
HINT: The year was 1937.
It does ring a bell... But I keep getting reminded of "Jack The Ripper"
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 07:37   Link #24
DaFool
Resident devil

Incredibles was OK.

In my opinion slightly better than Shark Tale, way better than Shrek, and slightly worse than Finding Nemo.

Reason I didn't like Shrek too much is that they were trying too hard to be witty and smart to and to parody this and that they lost some of the magic. (Oh yeah plus they weren't Pixar so they did not have even a little bit of that magic)

It was worth the equivalent of US $1.18 I paid to see it, and I got 2 hours plus a short film. One of the benefits of living in a 3rd world country where one tactic Hollywood uses to curb piracy is to make the premiere the same date as that in the US.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 16:14   Link #25
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Are you talking about the Nanjing Massacre?
BINGO! ^_^
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 22:05   Link #26
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
In my opinion slightly better than Shark Tale, way better than Shrek, and slightly worse than Finding Nemo.
You must be joking...Finding Nemo was atrocious...What I really hate about Pixar is that they seem to be so fixed on a single plot. In essence Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Monster's Inc, they're all about a character wanting to find his way home...Toy Story I liked at first but now I can't stand it, at least the second one had some nice Star Wars jokes in it...

I liked the Incredibles simply for the genre: superhero comedy. The idea reminded me of one of the all time greats: The Tick! Now if I had the budget to make a movie and had a choice between making a Tick movie or the Incredibles, I'd pick the Tick in a heartbeat. I think the Incredibles was a good movie, not a great one, but since every other film/tv series aimed at kid's tends to suck these days I can understand holding up a good film as a great one just to show everybody else to get their act together. Actually I'd rather see some bad movies getting burned in a sacrificial blaze but that's unlikely to happen.

Last edited by Sanjuronord; 2004-11-16 at 06:10. Reason: poor spelling
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 01:02   Link #27
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
It was a great movie, its the kinda story that you can completely have fun corrupting every last aspect of with the right people around. Theres so much great material that can be played with- invisibility, forcefields, super speed, and unlimited fexibility ... mussstttt corrruuuupppppppppttt
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:49   Link #28
Mystic_Blue_Roses
Anime Freak

I've seen this movie as well. My brother loves this movie I even have it on DVD.
Mystic_Blue_Roses is offline   Reply With Quote