AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Who were your favorite characters? Multiple choice allowed!
Suzumiya Haruhi 625 64.77%
Kyon 587 60.83%
Nagato Yuki 569 58.96%
Asahina Mikuru 289 29.95%
Asakura Ryoko 159 16.48%
Koizumi Itsuki 175 18.13%
Kyon's Sister 145 15.03%
Kunikida 22 2.28%
Taniguchi 43 4.46%
Tsuruya 317 32.85%
Kimidori Emiri 37 3.83%
The ENOZ Girls 89 9.22%
Shamisen (the cat) 105 10.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 965. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-06, 09:14   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Haruhi Suzumiya Favorite Character Poll #2 (Multiple Choice)

Yay! It’s time for yet another favorite character(s) poll. Here are the results from the first favorite character poll:

This new poll is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every character, please try to limit your choice to your top 3 or 4 picks if you can. If you like the entire cast equally, then so be it, but if you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one character the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for anymore.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the characters you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible.

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    What this means is don't post something like this:

"VOTE FOR KYON!!!" Or…"Tsuruya >>>>> Kyon's Sister" Or… "DO NOT VOTE FOR TANIGUCHI!!!!111 "

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2006-07-06, 09:19   Link #2
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
I voted:
Haruhi
Kyon
Mikuru
Yuki
Tsuruya
and the ENOZ girls

(Will edit for the reasons )
Old 2006-07-06, 09:22   Link #3
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Does Mikuru include Adult Mikuru?

Haruhi, Kyon, Yuki and Tsuruya would be my top 4. Mikuru is 5th, Kyon's sis 6th and Ryoko 7th. The other guys (including the esper chatterbox) don't even register in my radar.
Old 2006-07-06, 09:29   Link #4
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Voted for:

Tsuruya
Yuki
Haruhi

Yuki was by far the best character of the show IMHO. she literally runs circles around the rest of the characters.

Tsuruya may have not done much, but she certainly did enough to get a vote from me. Meido Tsuruya FTW

And I voted for Haruhi simply because she is still Haruhi.
Old 2006-07-06, 09:41   Link #5
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Does Mikuru include Adult Mikuru?
Yeah, it does. I'm sorry. I should have had a separate option for Adult Mikuru. It slipped my mind. A vote for Mikuru is a vote for either version of her (or both). I also added Shamisen.
Old 2006-07-06, 09:46   Link #6
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Yeah, it does. I'm sorry. I should have had a separate option for Adult Mikuru. It slipped my mind. A vote for Mikuru is a vote for either version of her (or both). I also added Shamisen.
So, I guess Haruhi also includes little Haruhi as well, eh?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2006-07-06 at 09:59.
Old 2006-07-06, 09:47   Link #7
The Sphinx

Hmmm... Tough tough poll...

Three votes automatically go out to the three lead characters. Haruhi because she's the dynamo that drives the show. Kyon because he's a great "straight man" for everyone else's craziness and because he's the best in-character narrator I can think of. And Yuki because she's a fascinating character type- partly an alien creature with vast powers and intellect and partly an emotionally vulnerable little girl.

I would really like to cast a fourth vote for super-genki Tsuruya-san...
Old 2006-07-06, 09:57   Link #8
Kisuke06
I see...

Haruhi, Kyon and Itsuki.
Old 2006-07-06, 10:31   Link #9
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Yuki, Tsuraya, Imouto-san, and Shamisen. Why did no one else vote for Shamisen?
Old 2006-07-06, 10:50   Link #10
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Haruhi, Kyon, Yuki and Tsuruya.

I sort of forgot about Itsuki.
Old 2006-07-06, 10:54   Link #11
Amaranthine

My votes were:

Yuki: She may be not be a human in the most literal sense, but despite that she's more human than a lot of the other characters. It's the little things she says and does: getting rid of her glasses, agreeing to go to the Computer Club sometimes, only lowering her finger when Kyon says it's O.K. (in episode 7). She's not as "in your face" as the other characters, she's quiet, reserved, and incredibly endearing.

Itsuki: Some people seem not to like him because he's smug, prone to overlong explanations, and basically quite annoying. Those are the reasons I like him so much though. ^^; Seeing him irritate Kyon is endlessly amusing, just as seeing him constantly so calm is endlessly interesting and enigmatic. Also, I think he reminds me of myself, so of course I'm going to vote for him.

Kyon: After watching the whole series, I don't know how I couldn't vote for him. It wouldn't be anywhere near as brilliant without his hilariously dry monologues.
Old 2006-07-06, 10:56   Link #12
Kalashnikov

Yuki, Tsuruya, and Ryoko.

This is pretty much self-explanatory.
Old 2006-07-06, 11:22   Link #13
Lost

Keeping my votes to my Top Three in no particular order:

Kyon ~ the steady "side-kick" that endured all, dispensed all sarcasm with a straight face, protected Mikuru, yet gave in to those hidden pictures, opposed Haruhi and all the "nonsense" while yet wanting/enjoying it. I dont know why but he somehow represents the perfect otaku.

Yuki ~ she grew on me, just love the quiet, silent look, and she seems to me like a child discovering the world and its fun.

Mikuru ~ erm. maid suit and green tea?

I would have liked to add Tsuruya, Kyon's sister, and ENOZ members. meh.
Old 2006-07-06, 11:25   Link #14
Skane
Anime Snark

Cool

I find it amusing that Emiri gets a slot, but the Computer Society President(CSP), who was featured in no less than three episodes, with an appearance in a fourth, gets no love. Not that I would vote for him, but man... harsh.

I restricted myself to four votes,

..) Nagato Yuki
~~~~ ~~~~

Overall, THE character that I like the most from the series since the very beginning. Was ecstatic when they finally reached the episodes when she was the focus, or had a lot of focus.

..) Kyon's Sister
~~~~ ~~~~

If she really existed in real life, I would be whipped by her overwhelming cuteness.

..) Kyon
~~~~ ~~~~

Being a literature student by choice, I have a love for sarcasm, dry wit, bitter cynicism, and all the darker sides of repertoire. Stick and stones may break your bones, but verbal barbs leave mental scars.

..) Tsuruya
~~~~ ~~~~

This one is a freebie by me.
Old 2006-07-06, 11:37   Link #15
Lost

I'm pleasantly suprised to see Yuki's headstart. Can we discuss who we didnt want to vote for and why? I didnt vote for Shamisen because he wasnt really a charater they developed. I mean, if he is just a talking cat; not much to vote for me. I didnt vote for Haruhi because she didnt particularly impress me ~ okay maybe in the concert episode, in the island syndrome episodes, she did, but thats all.
Old 2006-07-06, 12:01   Link #16
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Lost, that's a bit too negative a way of discussing I guess. lol. For instance, I don't like Kyon's sister, because her voice is still too annonyingly fake for my taste . But I can't blame people for finding her cute.

I agree with you on Shamisen. That's a third role. But I don't agree on Haruhi. Her voice IS impressive all way long, in my humble opinion.

Last edited by raphaël; 2006-07-06 at 15:00.
Old 2006-07-06, 13:21   Link #17
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Suzumiya Haruhi - yes yes and YES! Because... She is the Heroine, She is the More Interesting Character, She is the one who boost on the Upper this Anime, She is a Tragical Girl with a painful Past... She is the one who gave a lot of reference (Gyakuten Saiban or Pheonix Wright)
Kyon - Yes because it's the more important Character with Haruhi and he is so *_*
Nagato Yuki - Love Yuki because she is a special character that I Like
Asahina Mikuru - The angel *_*, no word to explain
Asakura Ryoko - Yes, Ryoko get her place... A tragical and Mysterious Girl
Koizumi Itsuki - Who forget him? I like him! Please, give more Shonen Ai *_*
Kyon's Sister - The Little Cutting and force me to watch, the little Kawaii little sister *_* ^_^
Tsuruya - get me Laught again
Old 2006-07-06, 17:25   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ack... I consider almost all the characters critical to the success of the story ... so under the banner that "I would have voted for all of them":

1) Suzumiya Haruhi - one of the better realizations of the type of anime archetype I tend to like best. She lacked a sword, but her dialog and personality were just wonderful.
2) Kyon - easily in the top 5 male anime leads I've ever encountered. He lets his mule-ish determination not to understand what is going on get him, but he's not a spineless wuss at all. Great narration work by the VA.
3) Nagato Yuki - interestingly, this "blank slate" has the most character development and evolution in the series... and those wonderful "thousand mile stare" eyes.
4) Tsuruya - a minor character but the energy level when she's on screen just pegs the meter.

I could have voted for Mikuru and Itsuki - both critical characters and exceptionally well implemented... but then I'd just might as well be voting for everyone and then whats the point? And annoying Tanaguchi ... necessary to emphasize to Kyon why the "normal world" does indeed suck.

Gold Star to the ENOZ girls for referencing me over to the retired group ZONE (darn it, the bookstore only had their B-side melody album)

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-07-06 at 18:00.
Old 2006-07-06, 18:01   Link #19
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I voted as I did in the last poll (Yuki, Mikuru, Tsuruya and Imouto), with the addition here of Ryouko and ENOZ.

My feelings for Yuki, Mikuru and Tsuruya are unchanged: still awesome, still amazing. Imouto gets a bump up thanks to the infamous Bag scene.

Ryouko gets added because of episode 10, as expected. Not only in the battle scene, but also in the beginning when she's trying to talk to Haruhi. ("Besou no koto iwanai de yo ne!")

ENOZ, well, I've made my liking for the drummer known many times.

One question: does Emiri Kimidori get any more appearances later in the novel? (Spoilers are obviously fine.) Otherwise, the computer club president is even more shafted: he appears in three episodes, and gets nothing. Emiri appears in one, and gets a place in the OP sequence.
Old 2006-07-06, 19:06   Link #20
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I voted for:

Haruhi: I don't call myself The Absolute Haruhist for nothing, loved her ever since the end of episode 1 lol.

Kyon: Haruhi-sama chose the correct man.

Yuki: The funniest character of the show, its hard to be so funny and amazing at the same time.

Mikuru: I think of her as the most tragic character in the show, she can't love anybody, not just Kyon.

Tsuruya: She has such a charming personality, probably one of the most genki characters ever created.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Closed Thread