AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-01-31, 16:37   Link #961
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Three Possibilities:

1. The falling glass was meant to take out Kouichi, but since he has seen The Omen, he was able to escape death by large glass shard to the heart.
2. The glass was meant to take out the actress girl, but since Kouichi was there, and is a genre-savvy protagonist, she got saved from a grisly fate.
3. It was just a windy day, and the driver of the plate glass truck didn't properly secure the glass so it was merely a coincidence and not part of the "Class 3" curse.
I hope it's #3. It's just funnier that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Just throwing this out there but this is in the OP not sure if that's what we saw in this episode or will it come up later?
Aye, I'm pretty sure that was what we saw in episode 4.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 18:22   Link #962
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Now lets look at the class seats:

I'm probably wrong here, but I thought that boys and girls were split equally, I mean, odds vertical rows - all females, evens rows - all males. But looking at this picture the bottom right corner desk should be occupied by a female, female that we find along the diagonal started just from the bottom right corner desk, they have switched position. I have noticed it because I relate this logic division to the old school picture of the real Mei, where females take the left side of the image and males the right side. Don't know if they are trying to muddle us up on the Mei gender issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Three Possibilities:

1. The falling glass was meant to take out Kouichi, but since he has seen The Omen, he was able to escape death by large glass shard to the heart.
2. The glass was meant to take out the actress girl, but since Kouichi was there, and is a genre-savvy protagonist, she got saved from a grisly fate.
3. It was just a windy day, and the driver of the plate glass truck didn't properly secure the glass so it was merely a coincidence and not part of the "Class 3" curse.
I'd say n. 3. The previous accidents were unavoidable. In this case there were some options and the mechanism looks too simple.
or
4. The real Mei was trolling him too, knowing that Kouichi wouldn't fall for that.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 19:24   Link #963
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Now lets look at the class seats:
Please always carryover this image every episode so we can track dead. Also put episode when they died?

Anyway it finally got it's own sub forum. Yeah!
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 20:27   Link #964
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I hope it's #3. It's just funnier that way.
Best way to tell that a freak accident in a horror story actually is a freak accident...no one gets hurt.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 22:21   Link #965
Allium
Keep on keeping on

I've been following the series since the release of its first episode, and I'm glad that it has its own subforum now. I like Another's subtle portrayal of horror, in the sense that it effectively uses visuals (e.g. the dolls) to direct and intrigue the viewer - I actually find it more of 'creepy' than 'scary.'

With Yukari and Sanae's deaths, things are beginning to pick up. Despite that, so much is still shrouded in mystery - I'm betting on a connection between the bird and Aunt Reiko. And that old woman at the doll shop adds more to the creepiness...
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 23:24   Link #966
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post

Mei did say her eye was a dolls eye and since theyre both the same color I have a feeling if he'd have moved the hair, the dolls eye would be gone.
Actually, and this has been pointed out before in this thread, we already saw the other eye of the doll. Misaki herself removed its hair and said something along the lines of "Its only half similar to me. Maybe less."
Old 2012-02-01, 00:21   Link #967
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
My sixth sense is telling me that a new sub-forum will soon appear...
Oh cool... next thing I know, I'd be seeing dead people.

Oh, wait.

TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 05:42   Link #968
Unknown Soldier
:D

Wow, we got a nice sub-forum!

Mei approves.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 05:54   Link #969
warita
Dai-Youkai

Could all th accidents until now be just bad luck???

You know how "bad days" work.... sometimes you wake up and right after getting out of the bed things start f....g up and the string of bad luck events just doesnt seem to take an end.

I am wondering, if this course isnt genrated by people believing in it. I mean, they are all nervous, bcause they think the curse started and due to this things indeed start happening. Because the fear alters their way of thinking and influences their actios.... something like that.

Admittedly, what i just said sounds a bit farfetched.... but I think that it could be an inteteresting way to end the anime: there was no curse, the accidents were a result of your fear!

BTW guys, beware of my umbrella:

Spoiler for size:

Last edited by warita; 2012-02-01 at 07:09.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 12:15   Link #970
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I'm probably wrong here, but I thought that boys and girls were split equally, I mean, odds vertical rows - all females, evens rows - all males. But looking at this picture the bottom right corner desk should be occupied by a female, female that we find along the diagonal started just from the bottom right corner desk, they have switched position. I have noticed it because I relate this logic division to the old school picture of the real Mei, where females take the left side of the image and males the right side. Don't know if they are trying to muddle us up on the Mei gender issue.
Its "Misaki" the one who died 26 years ago, Misaki is the name and the surname is unknown for now, in the other hand the eyepatch girl we know is Mei Misaki, with Mei being the name and Misaki the surname.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 13:00   Link #971
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Its "Misaki" the one who died 26 years ago, Misaki is the name and the surname is unknown for now, in the other hand the eyepatch girl we know is Mei Misaki, with Mei being the name and Misaki the surname.
The surname of the first Misaki is not unknown, it's Fujioka. Fujioka Misaki.
Mei said so near the end of episode 3. She also claims that the dead Misaki was her cousin.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:13   Link #972
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
The surname of the first Misaki is not unknown, it's Fujioka. Fujioka Misaki.
Mei said so near the end of episode 3. She also claims that the dead Misaki was her cousin.
No, Fujioka Misaki is the name of a girl who died right when the series started. Mizuno-san gave that information to Kouichi in episode 3 after she researched if there was a Misaki who died on the day Kouichi met Mei in the hospital.
Mei said that this person was her cousin and so it's possible to assume that this was that ominous "other half" she was delivering the doll to in episode 1.

So this is not the first Misaki, as we know through Mizuno that Fujioka Misaki died in April. Not to mention that no hospital would keep a corpse around for 26 years.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 13:13   Link #973
sa547
*Author

I'm taking matters in my hands, so for convenience I came up with a handy scoreboard:
Spoiler for maybe too big to load?:

If you wish to edit, no prob, here's the PSD (ready to be edited to help out updating the whole board):
http://www.mediafire.com/?i1luh41bk125ilq
Old 2012-02-01, 13:41   Link #974
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
I'm taking matters in my hands, so for convenience I came up with a handy scoreboard:

If you wish to edit, no prob, here's the PSD (ready to be edited to help out updating the whole board):
That's a neat idea. I'll be helping out.

Oh look.. that doll maker woman is very close to Mei. I wonder what her story is.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 14:36   Link #975
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
So this is not the first Misaki, as we know through Mizuno that Fujioka Misaki died in April. Not to mention that no hospital would keep a corpse around for 26 years.
Sorry, my mistake. I totally removed the dialogue between Kouichi and Mizuno in episode 3 (episode ending kinda blew it all away).
Old 2012-02-01, 15:08   Link #976
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

So can we expect someone to die every episode now? Or is it just one death per month?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:44   Link #977
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:

Dude, they're not in a war so using "KIA" feels a bit off. Sorry for being such a G.Nazi...

Nice Idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
So can we expect someone to die every episode now? Or is it just one death per month?
I'm betting at two per month.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 16:10   Link #978
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I think for the sake of this series KIA can mean Killed In Accident.

@sa547 - I like how you grayed out the deceased characters.

Endless "Staying full color" Soul
Old 2012-02-01, 17:02   Link #979
Ikuko
The Madwoman

One question: did the actress girl actually see Mei in any of the episodes?
Ikuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 18:02   Link #980
Arya

Quote:

Very nice work!!

and thanks for sharing. I've added only some info, (and some minor mods, I hope you don't mind) hope I didn't make mistakes.
here the psd modified just in case http://www.mediafire.com/?u37wrsj93ojc9bx

Spoiler for fatality scoreboard - ep.4:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, seinen