Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-03-29, 06:53   Link #61
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Wow Sasuke seems happy for once.
I wonder if Sasuke will give up his quest to destroy Konohagakure.
If Itachi disappears before he talks to Sasuke like he promised then Sasuke may get worse then before since he know he won’t be able to see his brother again so he may still plan to attack Konoha.

Or Itachi could set Sasuke on the path to be good while Naruto converts him with talk no jutsu. If Itachi made Sasuke good now then it would seem pointless that Naruto spent so much time trying to save Sasuke and he would not be able to complete 1 of his goals.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 07:43   Link #62
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwonpie1 View Post
I'm pretty sure not many people liked orochimaru.... Including me...
i never liked oro either but i prefer him over kabuto. i don't hate kabuto though, how can i when i barely know the guy? he has no back story, no goal that we know of, save to continue or surpass oro. he intrigued me once but now it seems he's just a pupil who wishes to surpass his master. it would have been nice to find out a little more about kabuto's past. i find him bland compared to oro or tobi. unless kishi gives us an interesting back story for kabuto (which i think is a little too late at this point), i won't change my mind.
Old 2012-03-29, 08:48   Link #63
itachi-san314

Quote:
I'm pretty sure not many people liked orochimaru.... Including me...
well the thing is that I 'don't' like him. but i like him as a villain. do you mean people don't like his character or that people think he's a crappy character? i think he's a great character that is fun to not like. kabuto, like ronin myael says, is much more bland because he has no clear goal or point to his struggles and hardwork. sympathizing with orochimaru and then taking it this far after his death, doesn't quite add up and never really was enough of an explanation for his motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
unless kishi gives us an interesting back story for kabuto (which i think is a little too late at this point), i won't change my mind.
it's never too late for kabuto gaiden...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 08:59   Link #64
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
His love for Itachi was the one of the main reasons he decided that Konoha must be destroyed and he must be the avenger who kills them all. So it's not a surprise that he now only thinks about Itachi, he forgot about everything else. He even forgot to thank Kabuto for making it possible to talk with Itachi, since it was Kabuto who revived Itachi

Despite the fact that in the last two chapter threads i complained about Kabuto becoming so strong i have to say that i like his fighting style so far, this is an interesting fight. So i guess i'm again in the minority who is actually interested in this fight

I'm interested too. But it was weird how almost nothing happen. "Remember that time Sasuke?" "The pig got away..." and so did Kabuto lol.

The only way Sasuke will be back in the bad path is if Konoha does something to destroy Itachi (mistakenly) before Itachi is able to have a calm moment with his brother. This would cause severe hatred and bring Sasuke back on the 'right' path lol
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 09:06   Link #65
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
well the thing is that I 'don't' like him. but i like him as a villain. do you mean people don't like his character or that people think he's a crappy character? i think he's a great character that is fun to not like. kabuto, like ronin myael says, is much more bland because he has no clear goal or point to his struggles and hardwork. sympathizing with orochimaru and then taking it this far after his death, doesn't quite add up and never really was enough of an explanation for his motivation.

it's never too late for kabuto gaiden...
why waste writing a kabuto gaiden when he can make one for hashirama and madara? if kishi were to write a gaiden arc after naruto ends, it would be that. i kinda get the feeling that he would at least try to make one for them if he is determined to write an off-shoot series that is. after all that hashirama hype, i think it's only right that he writes his story.
Old 2012-03-29, 09:23   Link #66
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
why waste writing a kabuto gaiden when he can make one for hashirama and madara? if kishi were to write a gaiden arc after naruto ends, it would be that. i kinda get the feeling that he would at least try to make one for them if he is determined to write an off-shoot series that is. after all that hashirama hype, i think it's only right that he writes his story.
I was mostly joking, but I would like to see more gaiden backstories so he could just do both as far as I'm concerned. kabuto is a main villain all of a sudden with no real backstory, so I think it would help to know more about him, but like you said, it feels too late. hashirama and madara would be cool, but we already know alot about them and what their motivations are. they aren't as mysterious as kabuto. after shippuden, i would prefer another timeskip to naruto being hokage instead of going back in time to them.
Old 2012-03-29, 09:49   Link #67
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I was mostly joking, but I would like to see more gaiden backstories so he could just do both as far as I'm concerned. kabuto is a main villain all of a sudden with no real backstory, so I think it would help to know more about him, but like you said, it feels too late. hashirama and madara would be cool, but we already know alot about them and what their motivations are. they aren't as mysterious as kabuto. after shippuden, i would prefer another timeskip to naruto being hokage instead of going back in time to them.
nah, that sounds a lot like kubo trying to get his readers to be more sympathetic towards his villains and anti-heroes after they've died or been beaten.

actually, we don't really know much about hashirama and madara. what we know is the history, the legend, but not their story. tobirama as well, we know very little about him and his story is connected to that of hashirama's. personally, i would like to see how konoha first came to be and how powerful those legendary ninja really were.
Old 2012-03-29, 11:42   Link #68
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

My GOD!

Here we go, yet another flashback that was never mentioned before from Itachi and Sasuke.

I'm wondering, how burdensome is it to be using Susannoo so carelessly? This is as bad as Naruto's Bi-juu mode Clones that can further perform clones.... With the fact that the Nine-Tails can transfer chakra to A CLONE THAT IS MILES AWAY FROM THE ORIGINAL?! Wow... overpowered kishi?

----

Though from reading this chapter, I think that Kabuto's Jutsu will be far weaker when used on open terrans where the sound and light won't bounce off the surroundings.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 12:41   Link #69
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Im curious if it's the same ppl complaining about sasuke not talking about revenge and killing, are the same ppl who complain about him talking about revenge and killing. I doubt a lil side quest to capture somebody he already considered to be his enemy in exchange for answers he wants from his brother is going to magically make him a good guy. Also, why can't he have a normal conversation without ppl criticizing the story? How realistic is a blood thirsty psycho that only thinks about killing?

All that said, let's get back to naruto vs tobi now. Tobi was finally about to start fighting himself, which i dont know why im so excited to see. I mean honestly, tobi has never really been that impressive. I just want to see the unmasking i guess.
i agree with you about sasuke.we finally get a chance to see sasuke act more normal and ppl complain about it. when he was all about mindless revenge, guess what ppl complain about it. no matter what end sasuke is on, he cant win. but i will admit, the way kish ended this chapter. you got to wonder. itachi may by himself turn sasuke around. i dont know if that would make a lot a sense after all the time and work naruto gave as far as trying to be the one to get through to sasuke. you would think(writing-wise) naruto should be the one to do it.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 13:58   Link #70
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post

----

Though from reading this chapter, I think that Kabuto's Jutsu will be far weaker when used on open terrans where the sound and light won't bounce off the surroundings.
Well of course. Kabuto chose this location in order to best defend himself while also adding to his own offense. He works beat in a cave/dark environment so that is where he held himself up in case of a fight.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 17:11   Link #71
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Fairly boring chapter, Hopefully we'll get a good flashback for Kabuto before this fight is over.
Old 2012-03-29, 17:29   Link #72
DJ*

Don't we know Kabuto's story already anyway? There's not much that flashback can cover as we know he has been Oro's loyal servant all along.

Also, adding to those wondering if they're in a minority of people who disliked Oro/liked Sasuke etc, am I the only one not eager to see more of the Naruto/Tobi fight? Naruto's fights generally bore me as they always end of as basic pummelling duals. Most improvements he gets are merely increases in his power level.

I've always preferred technical/clever fighting to hulk-smash battles, so I don't mind this one.
Old 2012-03-29, 17:47   Link #73
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ* View Post
Also, adding to those wondering if they're in a minority of people who disliked Oro/liked Sasuke etc, am I the only one not eager to see more of the Naruto/Tobi fight? Naruto's fights generally bore me as they always end of as basic pummelling duals. Most improvements he gets are merely increases in his power level.

I've always preferred technical/clever fighting to hulk-smash battles, so I don't mind this one.
You are not the only one, I couldn't care less about Naruto at this point and totally agree with your opinion on the majority of battles he's been in. I enjoy this fight right now and am eager to see where it's going, and even more so how it's going to get there. I hope Kishimoto finishes this battle before returning to Naruto or the Kages.
Old 2012-03-29, 19:11   Link #74
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ* View Post
Don't we know Kabuto's story already anyway? There's not much that flashback can cover as we know he has been Oro's loyal servant all along.
What about before he was Oro's loyal servant?
Old 2012-03-29, 21:24   Link #75
kevinwonpie1

I think that whenever kabuto dies if he ever dies that in his last moments theres gunna be flashbacks of his childhood and his life and then he dies. Maybe something like that
kevinwonpie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 21:34   Link #76
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
You are not the only one, I couldn't care less about Naruto at this point and totally agree with your opinion on the majority of battles he's been in. I enjoy this fight right now and am eager to see where it's going, and even more so how it's going to get there. I hope Kishimoto finishes this battle before returning to Naruto or the Kages.
me too. i really like this fight and i like all 3 characters involved. i actually really like kabuto even though i agree with some people that seeing more of a backstory would have been and/or be good. but even without the backstory its fine with me really. some people are just psychopaths. they don't need a complex past showcasing their childhood traumas and the times they were stabbed in the back causing their desire for power and hatred. kabuto is basically a mad scientist. he's always been and now he continues to be, he's just at a higher level in terms of fighting capability. his goal is to get sasuke for revenge for killing orochimaru as well as using sasuke's body for all sorts of experiments and techniques. it's a formidable goal not without reason. it just doesn't sit quite well because it's not a typical character's motivation. there isn't an arc or development, but not every character necessarily needs that. i'm not saying thats good or bad, just different, which is, in a way, good.
Old 2012-03-29, 22:20   Link #77
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

think kishi has alot of room to go with kabuto's character. we still dont know what village is from/what his geneology is. iirc wasnt kabuto found after massive battle and was the only survivor? he is a very ambiguous character indeed.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 00:58   Link #78
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
I think that whenever kabuto dies if he ever dies that in his last moments theres gunna be flashbacks of his childhood and his life and then he dies. Maybe something like that
Well they did it with Danzo so I suppose it could happen.

Scratch that, I'd like it if that happened.
Old 2012-03-30, 04:03   Link #79
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
What about before he was Oro's loyal servant?
As far as I can remember, Kabuto was Orochimaru's servant before he even joined Konoha's ninja academy.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 06:51   Link #80
lucasd

Saying Kabuto has no backstory shows only your ignorance, but there is still much we do not know about.

As a young boy, Kabuto was found amongst the dead enemies after the Battle of Kikyō Pass by a captain of the Konoha Medic Corps. The captain brought Kabuto to Konoha, raised him as a son, and taught him medical ninjutsu when he got older. At some point in time, Kabuto was recruited by Sasori of Akatsuki, who sent Kabuto to spy on Orochimaru by using Memory-Concealing Manipulative Sand Technique to transform him into a sleeper agent. Orochimaru discovered this, and released Sasori's control over Kabuto's memories, leaving Kabuto with the option to follow him. With a little persuasion, Kabuto agreed to side with Orochimaru.

Kabuto has since used his experience with spying for Orochimaru, playing the role of Sasori's servant to gain knowledge of Akatsuki's plans. Through his affiliation with Konoha, Kabuto was also able to acquire the rank of genin and enter the biannual Chūnin Exams, using the first two parts of the exam to gather information on his fellow participants for Orochimaru's use. Additionally, with the medical expertise taught to him by his adoptive parent, Kabuto is able to carry out human experiments for Orochimaru, while at the same time increasing his own knowledge of the human body.

.... (part 1 , when ANBU meant something)
Despite officially being a genin, Kabuto has proven himself to be a skilled and cunning ninja far beyond that level, particularly because of his medical abilities. His skills are said to rival those of Kakashi Hatake on more than one occasion. He has been shown to be able to kill ANBU members with relative ease and even mockingly stated he could handle at least ten ANBU members. Through keen observation, Kabuto can quickly determine the situation at hand. Even when up against a stronger opponent, he can take advantage by quickly exploiting their weakness. Kabuto is also very adaptable, as when Tsunade flipped his nervous system signals, he managed to regain control of his body quickly, a feat that impressed Tsunade.
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion